Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default First Attempt at 5th gen wifi

Team Purple ! Well mostly purple with some red !

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 SAtk / 212 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback

Nattorei (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 168 Def / 80 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fling
- Acrobat
- Earthquake
- Protect

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Waterfall

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psycho Shock
- Focus Blast

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Last edited by Judge Dredd; 03-21-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:32 AM
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: First Attempt at 5th gen wifi

Nice team DSL.

I, personally, would change focus sash to either life orb or white herb on cloyster. Cloyster has great defenses and will be surviving most hits without needing the sash. Also, if you decide not to use it as a lead, rocks or sand will make it useless.

Just a note, you only have one dragon resist. This could cause you trouble in this draco meteor/outrage spamming metagame. You might want to add another steel.

Over, looks good.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletPuncher View Post
Nice team DSL.

I, personally, would change focus sash to either life orb or white herb on cloyster. Cloyster has great defenses and will be surviving most hits without needing the sash. Also, if you decide not to use it as a lead, rocks or sand will make it useless.

Just a note, you only have one dragon resist. This could cause you trouble in this draco meteor/outrage spamming metagame. You might want to add another steel.

Over, looks good.
i know i have a dragon weakness, thats why i posted it. someone suggested getting rid of cloyster. feel free suggest anything!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

First, a couple of changes;
-Skill Link on Cloyster, it's what allows it to effectively use Icicle Spear and Rock Blast, and there's no real use for defence against crits when you're reducing your own defences =P
-Stone Edge over Payback on Conkeldurr, better neutral coverage and isn't reliant on taking damage to get any real power behind it. It also nails flying types that resist your STAB and maul you with theirs.
-Leftovers over Shed Shell on Ferrothorn, trappers are very rare in OU this generation and consistent recovery will be more useful than preparing for a rarity.

Aside from that, nice team. I'd also recommend trying to fit another Steel type in there, but mainly because you also lack an Ice resistance barring Cloyster, who as a sweeping lead doesn't ten to stick around for mid-to-late game engagements. My suggestion, albeit a strange choice, would be a Choice Scarf Cobalion;

Cobalion@Leftovers
Naive
252Att/52SpAtt/200Spe
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Hidden Power [Ice]
X Scissor

As well as providing the resistances you need, it also makes an excellent poke to at least check every dragon out there. The EVs allow it to outspeed all dragons at +1 Speed with a speed boosting nature, beating Garchomp by one point. So assuming you don't let them get multiple dragon dances in, you can nail them with either stone edge or HP Ice. However even if they do get two DDs in, Cobalion can comfortably survive a +2 Life Orb Outrage from Salamence and retaliate for the KO. Close Combat for STAB, Stone Edge and Hidden Power for dragon slaying, X Scissor for the Lati twins (Who Ferrothorn can comfortably handle if they lack HP Fire anyway). Who it would go over is relative, you know who is most important to the team better than we could from just looking at it. Mess around with it in different slots on the roster and see if it does anything for you [=
Old 03-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Thanks a lot of the suggestion,
*Ferrothorn had that item for a dream world team. I completely forgot to switch when i changed over. thanks for pointing it out.
I've really been having trouble with skarm with no solid spatk besides my calm minder. Any suggestion as what i could change to help with sp atk?

Old 03-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Hmm... I haven't observed it for long, but even at first glance, it seems like you have 3 physical walls (Ferro, Gliscor, Gyara). I suggest you take out one of them for a special attacker.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:42 PM
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

For that dragon weakness: I would replace Ferrothorn with either Skarmory or Bronzong. Both check Garchomp and Excadrill well and can set up Stealth Rocks for you. The team I battled you with the other night had this Skarmory set:

Skarmory @ shed shell
Sturdy
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed

Stealth Rock
Taunt
Roost
Whirlwind

Taunt Skarmory also helps out with Ferrothorn, who is the most used pokemon on wifi. Just don't get Twaved.

Edit: Defensively, Cloyster is your team's weakest link. It's bringing alot of weaknesses to the team and doesn't do a great job of stopping anything. If you're going to change the team further, I would change Cloyster first.

Last edited by BulletPuncher; 03-22-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latisiblings View Post
Hmm... I haven't observed it for long, but even at first glance, it seems like you have 3 physical walls (Ferro, Gliscor, Gyara). I suggest you take out one of them for a special attacker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletPuncher View Post
For that dragon weakness: I would replace Ferrothorn with either Skarmory or Bronzong. Both check Garchomp and Excadrill well and can set up Stealth Rocks for you. The team I battled you with the other night had this Skarmory set:

Skarmory @ shed shell
Sturdy
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed

Stealth Rock
Taunt
Roost
Whirlwind

Taunt Skarmory also helps out with Ferrothorn, who is the most used pokemon on wifi. Just don't get Twaved.

Edit: Defensively, Cloyster is your team's weakest link. It's bringing alot of weaknesses to the team and doesn't do a great job of stopping anything. If you're going to change the team further, I would change Cloyster first.

you are both right, my team has to many defensive problems. getting a sp atker is very important, im going to test out gorfes idea. I also really need a new lead..which im looking into.

Closed Thread