Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 07:43 PM
death_metal_lawn_gnome Offline

Send a message via MSN to death_metal_lawn_gnome
Default Pokewalker help?

Is there a certain timing for catching pokenon, like a 1,1,2,3 count you all use when finding pokenon in tall grass and getting to the battle screen/catching with poke alls, share your tips and tricks please I'm not catching much.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:48 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: Pokewalker help?

In my experience it's best you select a Pokemon that suits the route.

Like walking with a Pokemon who is of the Fighting Type on Winners Path. It betters your chances of obtaining the better Pokemon on that route. I also know that from the moment you send your Pokemon to the Poke Walker you're put into one of 3 Groups, A, B, and C.
A are the most common Pokemon. B is the decent ones while C are the rare ones. It's also best to try looking for Pokemon when you have roughly 5k plus it steps taken.

I know I'm missing something about the Grass when using the Poke Radar. I just know the more exclamation points when clicking on the grass the better.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Tsujin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
In my experience it's best you select a Pokemon that suits the route.

Like walking with a Pokemon who is of the Fighting Type on Winners Path. It betters your chances of obtaining the better Pokemon on that route. I also know that from the moment you send your Pokemon to the Poke Walker you're put into one of 3 Groups, A, B, and C.
A are the most common Pokemon. B is the decent ones while C are the rare ones. It's also best to try looking for Pokemon when you have roughly 5k plus it steps taken.

I know I'm missing something about the Grass when using the Poke Radar. I just know the more exclamation points when clicking on the grass the better.
It's not exactly you are put into ONE group but rather that ONE pokemon is chosen from each group. Since there are 2 pokemon in each Group A, B, & C one from each group is randomly chosen whenever you first send your pokemon into the PokeWalker. At 0 steps you can run into the most common Group C pokemon whichever one is chosen. Depending on the route after so many steps it becomes easier to run into Group B pokemon and after gathering a large amount of steps you can run into Group C pokemon. Also, I'm not exactly sure about if it's a pokemon best suited for the route but I've heard if you send the pokemon you're looking for such as Sending a Pikachu into Yellow Forest or a Munchlax into Winner's Path it halves the step amount required to run into them. That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Oh and the exclamation points on the bushes. 1 exclamation point means it's a pokemon from Group C. 2 exclamation points means it's a Group B pokemon. And 3 exclamation points means it's a Group A pokemon. So you'll pretty much always want 3 exclamation points if you're trying the rarest pokemon from the route.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 03-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

i've never had a critical capture on any of these things, so common scence tell me the advice each proffesor told you about in the tutorial portion of the game still applies
weaken or wound the pkmn
throw a pk ball.
cross your fingers

but everything else already posted can be QFT.

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

I am fairly sure you are put into one of the three groups. I've tested this myself before. You see I own 6 pokewalkers and walk an average of 20k steps a day. So every time I go to catch a pokemon it's usually one of two pokemon from one if the given groups. So when I started to change pokemon every day. I noticed the change in pokemon I'm capturing. Such as always catching pokemon from group b and nothing else regardless of how many steps I had.