Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: Do you think Cartoon Network is still good?
Yes 3 12.00%
No 9 36.00%
Half and Half 12 48.00%
Im a noob Idk or dont watch it at all 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM
CrazyTrainer Offline

Arrow Cartoon Network on the decline

Does anyone agree with this. I mean like you have to. They have put on tons of terrible shows on cartoon network and they have changed it a lot and now I think its terrible. Lets go big debate right here.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: Cartoon Network on the decline

Wouldn't this be in the "Discussion" section? Lol

It depends how you look at it - it is a children's channel, so really you need a child's opinion on this. I mean, opinions do change as you grow older, right?

Some shows suck, but I think Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball and that Transformers show are brilliant. I say nay to the decline and I still think it's going strong.

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.

Last edited by Sealboy; 08-29-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:11 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

Well, as for me, all of my kid friends were watching cartoon network but depending on the show (like Ben 10, Generator Rex, and Pokemon) in which, they love these shows.
For me, I think Cartoon Network is.... so far so good(^^)
Old 08-30-2012, 06:13 AM
FrozenChaos Offline

Send a message via AIM to FrozenChaos Send a message via MSN to FrozenChaos Send a message via Yahoo to FrozenChaos

Man. @_@ I used to like cartoon network a lot when I was younger, but I feel like it's not as good as it used to be. Granted, I definitely don't watch it anymore like I used to.

I guess I'll watch it normally for a week or so and then see if my opinion changes after that. ^_^

We'll make this dream come true.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:55 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Adventure Time and The Regular Show are the only things worth watching.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 08-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Very few of the new shows are good imo. I really miss the old days, like back in 2000 - 2006. ;o;
Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

Well... when i was little i used to enjoy ed ed and eddie and the power puff girls... and dexter's labtoary. But now all them good shows have been discontiued for some strange reason and replaced with adventure time and them other horrible shows. I would have to agree its gone down hill a bit.

SO PLEASE STAY AT WHATEVER FORUM YOU RELOCATED TO, BUT BE WITH PE2K AS WELL!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:17 AM
FrozenChaos Offline

Send a message via AIM to FrozenChaos Send a message via MSN to FrozenChaos Send a message via Yahoo to FrozenChaos

OMG OKAY I AGREE WITH BRANDON

I just didnt really want to say anything like that, because i really haven't watched much of the new shows.

But I miss a lot of the old shows from when I was younger. The shows I watched on the Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, CN. I just liked them all more back then.

We'll make this dream come true.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:18 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post
Well... when i was little i used to enjoy ed ed and eddie and the power puff girls... and dexter's labtoary. But now all them good shows have been discontiued for some strange reason and replaced with adventure time and them other horrible shows. I would have to agree its gone down hill a bit.
One day I hope that you may see the wonders of Adventure Time.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 08-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
One day I hope that you may see the wonders of Adventure Time.
This a thousand times! xD (Although I have the feeling that people would say the same to me about MLP because I simply do not like it xP)

I mean, you can't class CN as "on the decline" because it doesn't have the shows that it used to. Sure, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory and such were brilliant, but that was because most of us were children. Kids these days probably think that Adventure Time (love it!) is brilliant, some of us older viewers not so much (maybe, I dunno).

Besides, that Transformers Prime is nice - very nice. xD

~Sealboy

Old 09-01-2012, 05:44 AM
CrazyTrainer Offline

But like you think about if I was young I really dont think I would watch The Amazing World of Gumball like the lack of smart good creatitvity has gone greatly down. I mean they have no more looney tunes at all or did they put at least one thing on. But these no shows have no type of class and have very low creativity. Then putting mad tv on wasn't good either isn't mad tv for older viewers or something. They got rid of Toonami Toonami don't forget and put on mad like what. Another thing is cartoon network doesn't know when to end things. Like Bakugan it was never really that good when it first started but the first season was aight at least I think but then they made a second season so quick and it was crap and now where is it at now tsshhhh terrible you see cartoon network has been slacking to me.

Keep this debate guys
Old 09-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Honestly, there's really only two things I watch, and that's Adventure Time and a thing called Cartoon Planet. Honestly, Cartoon Planet is a pretty good idea, showing dem old, good cartoons. It's only on once a week on Fridays, though. :P Adventure Time is good cause...well...I can't explain it, but it's just good. So, those are really the only good things out of Cartoon Network now. Also, I heard they're bringing back Toonami, but on Adult Swim, I believe.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 09-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Sealboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTrainer View Post
But like you think about if I was young I really dont think I would watch The Amazing World of Gumball like the lack of smart good creatitvity has gone greatly down.
How do you say that a show with a blend of 2D and 3D is not creative? o.O I think it's genius, plus it's quite amusing to watch x3

Quote:
I mean they have no more looney tunes at all or did they put at least one thing on.
Looney Tunes was on Boomerang for as long as I can remember ._.

Quote:
But these no shows have no type of class and have very low creativity.
Care to give us some examples? Adventure Time is creative in its own right - have you seen the type of characters you get in the shows? Have you seen the different episodes of the show? Each and every one of the shows are different and I can never usually tell how one episode is going to end - you get those shows where you're like "Yes, he's gonna do that, something bad will happen and he'll have to give up that to save his friends" and they're so predictable; I can honestly say that Adventure Time is so much harder to predict for xD

Quote:
They got rid of Toonami
But now it's back - they realised that mistake, did they not?

Quote:
Another thing is cartoon network doesn't know when to end things. Like Bakugan it was never really that good when it first started but the first season was aight at least I think but then they made a second season so quick and it was crap and now where is it at now tsshhhh terrible
You could say exactly the same thing to Disney and their airing of Pokemon, no? Besides, it's all about airing the shows to get the viewers to buy the merchandise/toys - if they kept it running, it was obviously working, making Bakugan popular and getting children to buy the toys. I mean, my cousins bought loads of them because they loved the toys and the show.

Quote:
you see cartoon network has been slacking to me.
It's all about earning money to be honest. Sure, there are going to be shows that you won't like on a channel (I'm not too fond of the Regular Show) but then there will be others that you do. You can't necessarily say that CN are on the decline because there are a few shows you dislike. It's aimed at children mostly - like I said, it's all about their opinion to be honest.

Quote:
Keep this debate guys
This is fun :3

EDIT: Oh, there may be some differences between UK and US CN, Boomerang and so on xP Toonami also had its own channel over here :P

~Sealboy

Last edited by Sealboy; 09-01-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
CrazyTrainer Offline

Alright but look I can't requote all that thats a lot but, 2D or 3D that show is crap about gumballs come on man you can better than that man. You rather just make a show about talking electronics. Alright but the thing was they gave up all there looney tunes that was something they should have kepted or they could have kepted a little bit of it at least like come on. As far as creativity I kind meant it been like what am I looking for here its been like really dumbed down. Like it seems like there idea's are just drawning up pieces pf crap no disrespect. Like the just crumble up a piece paper and theres a cartoon character. Like it seems like now and people bare with me on this one it seems like they don't put as much work to as they use to. Toonami is coming on Adult Swim for now they need to give Toonami there hours back with all due respect because Toonami got tons a of views and honestly Cartoon network disrespected them by taking them off the air for there crap. Honestly they have helped adult swim out more than themselves giving adult swim extra hours and stuff. Im not going to talk about Disney because I never liked and never watched it but, as far as the toys thing they would have to do that no matter what. Honestly you are right about it being about money but honestly I don't think there getting as much money as they where before and honestly I don't like any of the shows they have up really. Anyone else still in on this debate
Old 09-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Sealboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTrainer View Post
2D or 3D that show is crap about gumballs
I don't remember The Amazing World of Gumball actually involving a gumball. The main character is called "Gumball". Have you actually watched any of the shows on CN? xD

Adventure Time is genius, in my opinion. They add innuendos for the older audience, which makes me chuckle, and the randomness is done for a comedic effect.

I'd say watch a few shows before passing judgement - like I did with MLP:FiM. To be honest, I only watched the first one, so I should really watch another episode or two, but I don't really like it. I don't see why people like it, they say it's funny when the episode I watched wasn't really comical. But, like I said about needing to watch another episode, it was only the first, and we all know how different first episodes are to the main show, right?

~Sealboy