Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: How can the PE2K Site better support Spriters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Razor View Post
It would help me a lot if you translated the japanese B/W names in te sprite resource to english.
We did that and/or are doing that.

If somebody wants to do SotW, that's fine. Just remember that it would eliminate SotM.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

Quote:
i'd like to see some coding added to seperate projects shops and galleries but not moving them to different boards. The ideal placment would be at the top where the default would be all to see everything on the board but you could click Shop, Gallery or project to just see that specific thing. Generally wwe would probably want some better quality artists so updated and advanced tutorials may be need such as a advanced shading technique by speed (always loved his sprites). Also some more creativity for the sprites shown but thats more of what a person does then a community, but it should be reinforced by maybe adding some on board contest like things that maybe pit some spriters against each other in different tiers. Also a larger spriting community and by that I don't meen many new spriters running around but it would be nice and helpful for the shops and such to have more and different people requesting.

This is just some quick speculation on what a few people may like others may hate it. Take it or leave it, and if something is mispelled I apologize its late and im not rereading that wall of text.
And while mods are here is there any chance i could get a name change this account was made a long time ago and id love to make a better name.

Alright i guess thats it, have fun with the site.
Well, thanks. ^^; I'm a chick, though, but it's all good.
I do agree with you though. We need SOME way to seperate the GALLERIES from request "shops" and projects. =_=|||

I wouldn't mind helping with tutorials, but, y'know, it wouldn't be until this all be sorted out and whatnot.

And I don't think it's the size that we're concerned about, but the activity, diversity, and quality. I'm sorry, but ugh. I swear, a lot of the blobs of crap that I've been seeing lately (luckily there aren't that many that I've seen. Just in one or two threads.) are just worse than I would ever be able to imagine. So, yeah, tutorials. I guess it'd be nice if I could help with making them, or finding some...because trust me, I have found some amazing tutorials here and there. And I would be more than glad to share them.

And hopefully we can get someone more active to keep track of SotW. It's dead. And it shouldn't be. Honestly, I would enjoy helping with keeping track of SotW, but that's me.
And it'd be nice if SotW...themes could have a bit higher criteria than what they've had. Seriously, I get a bit tired of seeing such simple themes for each SotW, and such low-effort entries being submitted. We need to boost the difficulty level a little bit, or no one will improve.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

We want to put more art articles on the site, especially those that feature winners of art contests or simply feature good art every week. The real trouble is finding someone to do it.

We have creative people here and they deserve recognition.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
We want to put more art articles on the site, especially those that feature winners of art contests or simply feature good art every week. The real trouble is finding someone to do it.

We have creative people here and they deserve recognition.
Well, like I stated, since no one is keeping track of SotW currently, I would love to take over.^^;

Who's permission do I need to do so, though?
Old 03-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

I'm going to be starting up WSC again, if I'm allowed?
Old 03-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
Well, like I stated, since no one is keeping track of SotW currently, I would love to take over.^^;

Who's permission do I need to do so, though?
If you wanna run SOTW you should go ahead =] I don't think you really need permission since it's dead right now, but you have my permission if anyone asks xD
Old 03-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
If you wanna run SOTW you should go ahead =] I don't think you really need permission since it's dead right now, but you have my permission if anyone asks xD
Are you sure? I mean, should I ask Tokyo about it, since she ran the last SotW? ^^;
(Although I guess I got that covered, since I already asked and am currently awaiting a reply. XD)

Just making sure. XD

Last edited by Speed-X; 03-26-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
Are you sure? I mean, should I ask Tokyo about it, since she ran the last SotW? ^^;
(Although I guess I got that covered, since I already asked and am currently awaiting a reply. XD)

Just making sure. XD
xD I guess it's nice to ask. But it hasn't been updated in almost a month so I'm happy for you to take over =]
Old 03-26-2011, 03:45 AM
Speed-X Offline

Okay. Well...I suppose it has been quite a while, so I hope I'm doing Tokyo a favor. ^^;

I do have it posted up, though, if anyone is curious! I did kinda revamp it a little bit to encourage that people actually try to actually use their creativity and not just splice parts from other sprites onto theirs and whatnot. ^^;
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=112310
Old 06-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

Idea 1:I would like to see a download for a sheet of every sprite in B/W. that way, you would save time by simply looking at the sheet for useful things instead of clicking and pressing back and clicking something else...

Idea 2: add Background. I can not tell you how many times i've had to mess around in adobe photoshop (which most people I know, including me, have no idea how to use) to create a green background so as not to remove the outlines on a pokemon's sprite.

Lucario@312
Hatch: 327
Lucario: 432
Level100: 612
Old 06-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldinum7 View Post
Idea 1:I would like to see a download for a sheet of every sprite in B/W. that way, you would save time by simply looking at the sheet for useful things instead of clicking and pressing back and clicking something else...

Idea 2: add Background. I can not tell you how many times i've had to mess around in adobe photoshop (which most people I know, including me, have no idea how to use) to create a green background so as not to remove the outlines on a pokemon's sprite.
@Idea2: To prevent stripping the outline, you can always print screen the sprite.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:03 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
@Idea2: To prevent stripping the outline, you can always print screen the sprite.
I can't tell you how annoying this is.

Anyway, I think everything is OK besides the outline thing.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

idea #3 translate the names of the Black/White pokemon into english. I can't tell what the pokemon are without the English names.

Lucario@312
Old 06-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
Print screen is screwy on my computer, along with the computers that belong to most of my friends.

Lucario@312
Old 06-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Kayla Ann Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kayla Ann Send a message via MSN to Kayla Ann Send a message via Skype™ to Kayla Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
I just thought of another thing.

I'm think that there should be a Mixed Media board. You know, that covers the other art mediums. I'm pretty sure that there are people on here that do more than just drawing, spriting, and making graphics. There's painting, sculpting, ceramics, pottery, etc., and music/singing counts as well. I know several people that have been dying to have a board (or sub-board) dedicated to the music/singing talents on here.

I'm not sure how popular the idea might be, but it doesn't hurt to try it out.
Sorry for quoting something that is months old, but I completely agree. We only have the basic arts covered, and we don't have any Musical Art sections.

I'm sure there are users here who have musical abilities, and want somewhere to post their pieces and get some genuine critique. Who knows, someone may see a Music thread, and get inspired to become a musician. xD

. tumblr .--------------. factfile - quotes . ---------------. Gallery .
_