Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default [IA] Rapture Rising

Rapture Rising

Oh rise, Rapture, rise!
We turn our hopes up to the skies!
Oh rise, Rapture, rise!
Upon your wings our dreams will fly.
A city in the ocean's deep
A promise that we'll always keep
To boldly turn our eyes upon the prize!
So rise, rise, rise!
Oh rise, Rapture, rise!
We merrily sing this reprise.
Oh rise, Rapture, rise!
To help us crush parasites despised.
A city on Poseidon's floor
A set of ideals we adore
A philosophy we all can emphasize
So rise, rise, rise!



So, yeah. A Bioshock Interactive Adventure.
Let's all pretend that some canon is not in fact canon.
As in I'll probably screw with existing story stuff.
Kay?
Oh and we have spoilers. You mayn't want to play if you haven't killed Ryan yet.
Good. Bioshock does not belong to me, nor do Atlas/Fontaine, Jack, ol' Andy, etc, but if you steal SPD Atlas or Morty or Elegy I swear I'll kill you. Especially do not steal Elegy.
Just so y'all is aware, I take more than one option. However, I will not have more than two yarns running.
Once I get a reply I will write up a post and wait anywhere up to an hour for a new option. If none is given I shall simply post.

Let's get started.

Quote:
Welcome to Rapture Rising! You now have a charity pamphlet, 25 pounds, and a Hershey's bar in your inventory! Your Rest Level is Energized! Your Stomach Level is Full! Your Thirst Level is The Quenchiest! Your Injury Level is Newborn! Your Party consists of you and: Michael Norton! This is currently Round Zero of your Rapture-related adventure!
You're ready.
You're nervous but you're darn ready.
You look off the side of the boat, wondering what this zone will look like. Will there be fog? Thunderclouds? Sea serpents? You're not there yet, so you can only guess.
"How much farther, Norton?" you ask the driver as he sits beside you, looking very nervous.
"Not too much," he says. You can't blame him for his apprehension. Any sane person has the right to be scared of what we're going into.
The place you're headed has been darkly nicknamed the Twilight Zone: a relatively small stretch of sea located between Greenland and Iceland. It's a place where many ships - and even, once, a plane - have vanished tracelessly. It seems to you like a very fine place to go, since you've always been one for adventure and mystery. Poor Norton you had to drag along, and the poor man is scared out of its wits.
As you cruise the glassy-smooth see, something becomes visible in the distance: a smudge of black on the horizon that... slowly... begins to resolve itself into a tall, boxy tower in the distance.
Well, at least it's not a sea monster...

>____
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by Velocity; 03-23-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-23-2011, 01:39 AM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Scan the Horizon. Make sure there aren't any traps or other problems in the area.
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Ant2011's Avatar
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jentoh
Posts: 1,604
Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

>Ready a weapon of some sort. Even your fists if you must. Enemies are EVERYWHERE!!!
__________________
Click for my Sprite Comics! -><- Click for my Sprite Comics!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Scan the Horizon. Make sure there aren't any traps or other problems in the area.
> Ready a weapon of some sort. Even your fists if you must. Enemies are EVERYWHERE!!!


Quote:
This is Rapture Rising! You are currently playing as Aaron Hanson! You currently have a charity pamphlet, 25 pounds, and a Hershey's bar in your Inventory! Your Rest Level is Energized! Your Stomach Level is Full! Your Thirst Level is The Quenchiest! Your Injury Level is Newborn! Your Party consists of you and: Michael Norton! This is currently Round One of your Rapture-related adventure!
"Stop, please, Norton," you say, holding up your hand. A pang of apprehension has suddenly sprung into your gut and you sure as h*** don't want to ignore it in the Twilight Zone.

Norton seems happy to oblige; he pulls the boat to a slow, coasting drift. You grunt your thanks to him and look forward, trying to see what you can see. A long pause follows; the only noticeable change is that your boat has drifted a few centimeters toward the big building.

Speaking of it... what is it, anyway?

"What do you make of it, Norton?" you ask quietly.

Evidently your companion's thoughts are on the same topic yours are. "I don't know, Hans. Looks almost like... a lighthouse."

"A lighthouse?" you splutter. "Who would be daft enough to build a lighthouse in the middle of the ocean?" but you can tell he's right. It's the right shape, and there's a point at the top where it seems to disappear into white: illumination as seen from a distance.

"Should I get going, then?" asked Norton after a tense pause. You nod and he kicks the boat into gear again. But as he goes you are struck by another chill. You pluck a suitably whiplike fishing rod from a holder on the side of the boat, just in case anything wild happens. This place gives off bloody awful vibes.



Thanks you all for participating~! Didn't think I'd get two posts, especially so quickly~~~!
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-23-2011, 06:52 AM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Might as well go in prepared. Check the boat for any useful items that you can take with you.
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Might as well go in prepared. Check the boat for any useful items that you can take with you.

Quote:
This is Rapture Rising! You are currently playing as Aaron Hanson! You currently have a charity pamphlet, 25 pounds, and a Hershey's bar in your Inventory! Your Rest Level is Energized! Your Stomach Level is Full! Your Thirst Level is The Quenchiest! Your Injury Level is Newborn! Your Party consists of you and: Michael Norton! This is currently Round Two of your Rapture-related adventure!
As the boat begins to move again, you look around. The fishing rod may not be the most useful thing in the universe, and you set it aside in order to look for other things.

You scan the little shelves on the side of the boat. You find a rolled up newspaper, a flyswatter, a life vest, and a couple of bags of potato chips. There's also a tackle box, loaded with hooks and lures. The only other object of interest is the fishing rod.

Better choose what you want quickly. The lighthouse is getting closer, and you don't like the look of it.
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-23-2011, 10:32 PM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Put Tacklebox in Inventory
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Ant2011's Avatar
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jentoh
Posts: 1,604
Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

>Take life vest, could come in handy in the future
>Maybe take the chips along? Food may be scarce in said lighthouse.
__________________
Click for my Sprite Comics! -><- Click for my Sprite Comics!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Put Tacklebox in Inventory
> Take life vest, could come in handy in the future
> Maybe take the chips along? Food may be scarce in said lighthouse.


Quote:
This is Rapture Rising! You are currently playing as Aaron Hanson! You currently have a charity pamphlet, 25 pounds, and a Hershey's bar in your Inventory! Your Rest Level is Energized! Your Stomach Level is Full! Your Thirst Level is The Quenchiest! Your Injury Level is Newborn! Your Party consists of you and: Michael Norton! This is currently Round Three of your Rapture-related adventure!
You consider your options for a few seconds, then pick up the tackle box and put it in your extremely conveniently-available backpack. It doesn't fit extremely well, but you manage to stuff it in there.

You then look at the life vest. If your boat ends up getting lost or something, you may indeed need it. You think about how best to carry it, then you try to stuff it into your backpack along with the tackle box. When that doesn't work, you simply do what the normal people do and put it on over your normal attire. You then pick up the bag of chips and place it into your own bag.

When you look up, your heart almost stops. The boat is at a steady drift and the lighthouse looms over you like an ominous monolith of some sort - a monument to utter creepiness.

"I'm not sure about this," Norton's voice is shaking. "I am really not sure about this, Aaron."

Your own fear seems to be making you grouchy. "Then don't come," you snap, then you relent as you see the look on Norton's face. "Look, Mike, I'm sorry. But see, whatever's making ships and whatnot disappear isn't here. We are still alive, aren't we?"

Norton shakes his head. "Maybe the ships have been disappearing because the owners went into that lighthouse."

Quote:
You now have a charity pamphlet, 25 pounds, a Hershey's bar, a bag of potato chips, and a tackle box in your Inventory! You are now equipped with a Life Vest! You now have a Melee Resistance of Slightly Tough! Your Tackle Box contains four large lures, six small lures, eight weights, and three hooks!
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-25-2011, 12:11 AM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Proceed cautiously into the lighthouse.
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-25-2011, 12:43 AM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Proceed cautiously into the lighthouse.

Quote:
This is Rapture Rising! You are currently playing as Aaron Hanson! You currently have a charity pamphlet, 25 pounds, a Hershey's bar, a bag of potato chips, and a tackle box in your Inventory! You are currently equipped with a Life Vest! You currently have a Melee Resistance of Slightly Tough! Your Tackle Box contains four large lures, six small lures, eight weights, and three hooks! Your Rest Level is Energized! Your Stomach Level is Full! Your Thirst Level is The Quenchiest! Your Injury Level is Newborn! Your Party consists of you and: Michael Norton! This is currently Round Four of your Rapture-related adventure!
Norton's murmur catches you off guard, and for a moment panic has you. Then you manage to shake your head. You can't think like that - you may have a very real problem on your hands, but this may just be some random lighthouse. It's best not to borrow trouble.

"Buck up, Norton," you grunt. "Are you coming or not?"

Norton sighs. "I suppose so. But you, sir, owe me a big one."

"I'll take my chances," you reply evenly. "Now, if you would be so kind as to pull the boat up...?"

"Right," Norton gives a little grimace, but he does as you ask. The boat glides up neatly to the conveniently placed (and barnacle-encrusted) steps you see before you. You stand up slowly and step out, then wait for a few seconds as Norton drops the anchor and follows.

"This place gives me the willies," he announces, and you - notwithstanding how much you share the sentiment - ignore him, seeing as how he's already made his feelings very clear and he's stated them in a very bothersome fashion.

The two of you ascend the steps; you feel nervous but rather excited at the same time. You're about to discover the secrets of the Twilight Zone!

The lighthouse front, as you find, is featureless. The only thing there is a set of double doors - inlaid with a very shiny metal that looks suspiciously golden - before you, one of which is slightly ajar. You peer inside, but it's as black as death in there.

You turn to Norton and give him a sort of grimacing smile. "Age before beauty?" you try as you feel your bravado slipping. He shakes his head.

"No way," he says. "Absolutely no bloody way."

You shrug - you had kind of guessed at that sort of response - and push the door further open, allowing just a little more sunlight in - though not enough to see clearly. Slowly and cautiously you step inside, hearing your footfalls echo hollowly in the boxy bastion.

"All right, Mike!" you call. Your voice echoes upward into the gloom. You hear footsteps behind you and you know that Norton has entered.

"What -" he begins.

He does not complete his sentence.

Because at that moment, just like in the cartoons, the door slams shut on its own and leaves you in utter darkness.
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-25-2011, 05:50 PM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Panic.
> When finished, feel around the walls for a light source or light switch.
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Panic.
> When finished, feel around the walls for a light source or light switch.


Quote:
This is Rapture Rising! You are currently playing as Aaron Hanson! You currently have a charity pamphlet, 25 pounds, a Hershey's bar, a bag of potato chips, and a tackle box in your Inventory! You are currently equipped with a Life Vest! You currently have a Melee Resistance of Slightly Tough! Your Tackle Box contains four large lures, six small lures, eight weights, and three hooks! Your Rest Level is Energized! Your Stomach Level is Full! Your Thirst Level is The Quenchiest! Your Injury Level is Newborn! Your Party consists of you and: Michael Norton! This is currently Round Five of your Rapture-related adventure!
Well, what's the first thing people in the movies do when the lights go out and the door slams shut?

Easy.

They panic.

You and Norton panic, too. Norton commences screaming like a little girl, while you shout at him to shut the 'truck' up as a reaction and a way to vent. Within seconds the two of you are arguing over nothing like small children, screaming and freaking out at the absolute tops of your lungs. After a few exchanges though, you both pause for breath, and somehow the arguing doesn't start again.

You look around on instinct even though it's pitch black and doesn't do you a bit of good. You move toward the direction you came in from, your hands held out in front of you so that you don't bump into anything.

"What was that?" Norton whispers fearfully as your hands bump a wall. You are about to tell him it was you, but you stop.

Just as suddenly as the door shut, the lights flicker on.

You find that you are in a room lit with odd teal-blue lights mounted on walls that appear to be bronze or copper or some sort of like metal. Mounted above these two lights a face - sculpted out of gold - scowls down at you. Beneath it hangs a red banner; emblazoned on the banner are the words 'No gods or kings. Only Man.'

The rest of the room is rather featureless, except a square set of railing and what appears to be a staircase lost in shadow.

You swear softly in awe; the beauty of the room is practically flawless.

Twilight Zone indeed.
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-27-2011, 04:29 AM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Carefully search the room for anything usable. See if the lights can be removed.
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: [IA] Rapture Rising

> Carefully search the room for anything usable. See if the lights can be removed.

Quote:
This is Rapture Rising! You are currently playing as Aaron Hanson! You currently have a charity pamphlet, 25 pounds, a Hershey's bar, a bag of potato chips, and a tackle box in your Inventory! You are currently equipped with a Life Vest! You currently have a Melee Resistance of Slightly Tough! Your Tackle Box contains four large lures, six small lures, eight weights, and three hooks! Your Rest Level is Energized! Your Stomach Level is Full! Your Thirst Level is The Quenchiest! Your Injury Level is Newborn! Your Party consists of you and: Michael Norton! This is currently Round Six of your Rapture-related adventure!
The first thing you think of is the lights. Perhaps you can remove them somehow?

...

You decide that that isn't going to work, considering that the lights are mounted high above your head. And anyway, removing the lights would probably only make Norton scream like a woman again.

Yet, you doggedly continue looking around to see if there is anything interesting-looking really around. Other than the giant golden head - which really looks like it's staring into your soul - you see nothing.

Except...

Hello...

You walk over to the object you've sighted: a greyish square with a code called English written in big black ink all over it. You run over it, and see in a few seconds it tells of the grim fate of that sole plane to make a pass over the Twilight Zone and fall. You find it rather sad and chilling, considering that it states ninety-five people died in the ocean you came in from.



When you turn it over, you see that there is also something scribbled on the back in hasty black pen: two words.

'TURN BACK.'
With a shudder, you quickly stuff the scrap of paper in your pocket, deciding that letting Norton see the paper would not be the best idea. He's already spooked enough, after all.

Speaking of the bugger... where is he?


You look up to see him leaning over the rails, staring down at something with a look of surprise on his face. You walk over to him and follow his gaze downward, drawing in a quick, sharp breath as you see what's below you.

Below the level of the lighthouse you stand on, a spherical machine sits, enameled with bronze plating. From the top it looks rather sophisticated; it bobs gently on a bed of blue-green water, looking for all the world like it's waiting.

You and Norton look up, look at each other, and then, simultaneously, you look at the shadowed stairs. You have no doubt whatsoever that these stairs lead to that machine.

And that machine probably goes underwater.

With passengers.

Quote:
The newspaper clipping has been added to your Inventory!
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com