Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
I have white coat syndrome. I have not had a blood test since I was 3. My mother needs to keep a constantly changing conversation with me during a shot or I pass out. If I see blood, I pass out. I refuse any type of injection, or blood test. Doctors can't force it on me. I have also not given blood to the red cross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
- Needles/injections, or anything medical-related for that matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Needles and sharp things and any medical-related stuff. I've been getting better at handling it though. It's all about remembering to breathe. xD
Hence no peds for me. The fact that it's rather tough to force these things down onto kids is part of the job description. It's part of why I feel peds is unattractive. At least adults and usually teens understand the value of what we're trying to do since they understand something called "logic".

I certainly fear my own character flaws. I have a distinct focus on them but can't really find solutions to them. I fear what I do pushes people I care about away from me. I fear not of rejection, but of isolation. I fear of not being in control of my own emotions due to my lack of an ability to recognize them. I fear I might kill someone someday, being in the profession I'm in.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:27 AM
ReoPai Offline

Send a message via MSN to ReoPai Send a message via Skype™ to ReoPai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Hence no peds for me. The fact that it's rather tough to force these things down onto kids is part of the job description. It's part of why I feel peds is unattractive. At least adults and usually teens understand the value of what we're trying to do since they understand something called "logic".

I certainly fear my own character flaws. I have a distinct focus on them but can't really find solutions to them. I fear what I do pushes people I care about away from me. I fear not of rejection, but of isolation. I fear of not being in control of my own emotions due to my lack of an ability to recognize them. I fear I might kill someone someday, being in the profession I'm in.
Did I mention I'm terrified of injections too?
Not needles. Just injections.
I had a nightmare not too long ago that I was at the doctors with my boyfriend and a nurse came out saying something I dont recall [but i figured out later I was pregnant], and was trying to give me a shot, but me and tommy tried to get away and they gave it to him instead, somehow later in my dream i rescued him and found out that injection would have killed my baby,
oh and they neutered tommy
and somehow.
that was the worst part of my dream :c
Old 03-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Roughsauce Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Roughsauce

I'm not afraid of much, but I'm dreadfully afraid of heights.

Credit to JJ (Jokester Jesse)
Old 03-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

My biggest fear is probably Alligators honestly. I don't know why, but it is probably one of the only things that makes me go crazy and freak out :x
Old 04-01-2011, 01:59 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

There's not that much that scares me, except...

*Being obese. I think someone said this earlier as well, but yeah, I would hate being fat. I think I'm slightly overweight, though other people say otherwise and I found out a few days ago that I eat much less than what the average person does, without trying to.

*I don't particularly fear death itself. I fear death in vain. I don't wish to be just another 'someone', I want to be known for a great accomplishment. Ironic, considering I believe in this one of Einstein's phrases: "Do not revere a man of great accomplishments, but one of great value." Yeah, I know that's not exactly it, but I'm too lazy to go look it up right now :P

*I'm a slight bit claustrophobic, probably because I pace all the time and hardly any space=no pacing for me.

I had a terrible case of arachnaphobia when I was younger, but not so much now. Only if there's a humongous tarantula right up in my face will I get that same fear these days.
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."