Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu
Default Weird Habits

Do you have any weird habits?

I noticed recently that when I get out of a car, I always walk behind it, no matter what. xD
I also noticed that I have to cuddle with something if I want to go to sleep lol.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 03-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Disco Offline

Default Re: Weird Habits

- I have to press my face against something, no matter whether I'm on my side or stomach. I also have to curl my arm underneath my pillow in a very specific way, otherwise no sleep.
(Not that I get a lot of sleep anyway- five hours does me good.)

- I need to have my objects in the exact same place. My phone will be either on my nightstand, or charging in the kitchen. My purse needs to be in the living room. My shoes need to be at the door, and the keys as well. If, for example, my mother uses the keys and places them somewhere else, it ruins my day to the point that I can tear up at the mere thought of not knowing where the keys are.

- If I don't have my glasses on, I become physically ill. There's no reason behind it, other than that I feel like I can't handle anything if I can't see. Psychological?

- I can't sleep without white noise. Self-explanatory.

- I need to have all doors to my room closed before I sleep. Often I'll wake up in the middle of the night, just to check that they've stayed closed. But I think it's more of a mother-hen instinct, since I share my room with my babies (my siblings, I mean. They're my babies. <3) and I'm scared someone will harm them.

- My siblings are still young, so I help them bathe. But I always bring my brother to bathe first. Always. God knows why.

- I scratch things when I talk. My face, my clothes, objects, anything. I get really nervous around people. ; m ; So the tactile pressure, especially scratching makes me feel safer.

- I need to return things I borrow exactly as they've been given to me. Not out of courtesy, but necessity. I'll even go as far as to buy the exact same object, if I make any difference to it. (as in, someone lets me borrow a book and a page bends. I actually bought another book and marked the pages exactly as they had. Of course, I didn't lie and told them about it. They were a little weirded out, but hey, new book and unbent pages.)

LOL. I'm weird. c:
Old 03-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Doodlebop Offline

I rock when I sit at the computer. Especially when I get excited. It weirds my parents out xD

I can NOT have fingernail polish on my fingers. I remember one time I was painting my fingernails, and I sat there for a moment and then like felt... Violently ill. I can paint my toenails though. :D (IDK if that's a weird habit though)

I think I just think differently than other people, honestly. o____o

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 03-25-2011, 03:14 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

-Due to my "Computor 24/7" persoonality, I need to tap my fingers in a fasion like I do when I type on my Laptop.
-I seem to not be able to consintrate without something exciting happening, something in my hands, or me just being outside when I normally hate the outdoors. This, apparently, does not count at my computor.
-I need to have my doors open when I go to sleep or I have nightmares, god knows why. I have nothing except for my computor and DS in my room that I need to watch for, anyway.
-If I get mad at someone without good reason, I always get sad and my eyes start watering if I don't appolagize, and I'm one of the rudest people in my class. It shows why I can't be the rudest.
-I tend to fall asleep or look out the window sadly on the bus if I'm not talking, wheras I normally do that if I need to talk.
-I only smile if something funny just happened, or someone said something funny. I never really smile for pictures.
-I absolutely HATE nice things happening to me or me being nice.
-When I have my glasses on, they tend to hurt my vision and dont work as they normally did when I got them.
-When I have my glassed off, I get sort of sick, not willing to do anything, not even to smile.

EDIT:

-If there is a song on, like if I'm listening to Youtube, I need to sing to it, but I only can if I have headphones on or if I'm not typing. God knows why...

Last edited by MoonKit; 03-25-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Skylands Offline

Biting my nails when boredom strikes and I can't fall asleep at night without wearing socks.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Professorg2g Offline
New Trainer

I usually can't sleep unless my head is fully under the pillow.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

I cannot sleep on my back.
CANNOT.

I also read random articles on the Bioshock wikipedia when I get bored. -fistpump-

I cannot STAND the way people use English these days. GRAMERPLZLOL!!1!11!

I don't know if it's a weird habit, but my nose itches when I'm mad.

EVERY TIME.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Meshi Offline

HAHAH! Finally.
  • I tug at my ear when I get embarrassed for people.
  • I switch my light on, then my lamp, the turn my light off, then turn my lamp off before getting into bed.
  • I rub my finger on my jeans when I touch a light switch. (People in this place are unhygienic)
  • I make a face in the mirror every time I wash my hands.
  • I curl my toes when I'm enjoying my food/concentrating.

Many more, but I have to go watch True Blood now!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Not Safe For Adults Offline

When I have to turn on light switches I always press my hand on the side that is down while my other hand flicks the light on. This is to make less noise, haha.

I also draw when I'm nervous.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 PM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

I am an absolute highlight of being perfectly normal and do not have a single weird habit.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:37 AM
ReoPai Offline

Send a message via MSN to ReoPai Send a message via Skype™ to ReoPai

Me and my boyfriend have this weird way of communicating wordlessly through purrs, mews and rawrs when we have nothing better to say. or if Im trying to locate him in the house I call out like "Rrrrrr?" and he answers me.

uhm. When I'm riding in the car and look out the window Ive had this habit of imagining some animal running alongside the car and jumping over every concrete area like driveways or parking lots. or jumping ontop of cars, ever since I was a kid. Weird habit. But you know I'm not the only one.

chewing on the little plastic clip thats on mechanical pencils.

I cant fall asleep unless Im in a certain position and cuddling my stuffed tiger that ive had since i was a toddler.

Uhhh. I have to 'squish' my cats paws whenever hes laying by me. i just grab it and squeeze it gently repeatedly and go 'squishsquishsquishsquish<3' cause he likes it. its kinda how some people have to pinch a kids cheeks cause theyre so cute or something.

I dont walk on flat feet, i walk on my tiptoes, is that weird?

uhm when trash or a stray leaf blows by I have to chase it and jump on it.

I have alot more that i dont feel like typing.

1:37am

i have probably another 3 hours before Ill be able to join my boyfriend in the world of the sleeping.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Disco Offline

Another one, guys.

- I bounce my leg. Friends have described the rate as 'supersonic speed'. If I don't bounce my leg when I sit, I feel uncomfortable.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I turn a lot of things into a joke with my friends.

When I listen to music, I automatically think of a scene or event in a story to use it for.

I type on imaginary keyboards when I am EXTREMELY board at school. (damn you animation school! Damn you!)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

After applying toothpaste, I soak the brush in the water I have in the cup that's used for rinsing. For some reason, it just seems to make it easier to foam up faster for a deeper and smoother clean.

When heading out, car keys and cell phone go into my left pocket, while my wallet and my iPod go into my right pocket. Don't ask, it just feels weird if they switch places which then causes me to suddenly think I'm missing one of those vital items.

When bored or waiting, I tend to draw figure 8's with my finger or toe.

When I need to get out of bed or do something at a particular time, I start a mental countdown, telling myself I'll get up once it hits zero. Works maybe one out of twenty times. Most of the time a new countdown starts, and then another, and then another. XD

I keep a roll of toilet paper on my desk. It's used mostly for wrapping bubble gum to be thrown out, or for catching bugs/spiders. Seems to be better than plowing through the tissue box.

When at a restaurant, I tend to look through the menu even though I've already decided what I want anyway. Also, my family likes to make paper planes out of the paper napkin rings they usually wrap your napkin and utensils with, and we launch them at each other. Man, we must look so childish, but it passes the time and its hilarious fun. XD

At the dinner table, I tend to rotate my plate around a lot to get at the other sides easier. Also, I tend to make sure the sides don't touch each other and have at least 3cm of buffer space.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

*I pace all the time. Especially when I'm thinking hard about something. It often gets me in trouble in class, though it is a good way to get some exercise :3
---
*I have to sleep curled up like a baby. I don't know why, but I can't fall asleep on my back or any other placement.
---
*I can't go to sleep with any noise on. (Except for sounds like crickets, bird calls, the nature stuff.) If somebody has a T.V or something on, I'll go in there and turn it off. I also can't go to sleep with any lights on. I have to be in complete darkness before I can fall asleep.
---
*I twist some of the hair that frames my face on the side, like side-bangs. Sometimes I'll just move my fingers in strange, random ways instead. It's weird. 0o I tend to do this whenever I'm pacing or thinking really hard about something.
---
*I can't stand lots of noise. (One of the reasons I hate crowds.)
---
*Sometimes I have weird spells of dizziness. It's really weird. My vision will suddenly be filled up by a bunch of weird colors and stuff, I get this unnatural feeling in my head that sorta courses through my body, and it stays that way for a few minutes(sometimes just moments) until the colors finally blur away and the feeling subsides.
---
*I really never smile. It's impossible for me to in photos especially. I hardly laugh either. I still feel amused and stuff though.
---
*Everytime I'm in a vehicle, I can't help but stare out the window in silence. No matter what, I can't even try to do anything else. Even if the ride lasts for several hours, that's all I'll do, without getting bored at all. Which is pretty ironic, considering I can be an impatient person when I want to. XD
---
*I have to brush my teeth at the start of a day, or else I won't eat anything.
---
*I can't stay still. I also can't just lay on the couch or something for longer than half an hour. I have to move my legs in some way, or else I get this really horrid feeling that eventually makes me feel like I just vomited or something similar.
EDIT: Just remembered another one.
*I have this cap. It's not that special, just has a little Triforce thingy on it, maybe $5 at GameStop or something. If I get seperated from that hat, though, I get really depressed. I don't know why, I haven't really had that thing for too long, maybe a year or two. But if I don't have it by my side, this feeling starts to set in, and I absolutely have to have it, no matter what.
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Jolty Jolteon; 03-28-2011 at 11:03 PM.