Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Weird Habits

Foods that touch each other on a plate offend me. I've gotten better about this though.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 03-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Whenever I smoke I can only hold the cigarette in my right hand or else I feel it will fall out of my hand or burn me. I never use my left pocket in my pants at all. I only draw in class when I'm supposed to do something, I never get the urge to draw otherwise. Also I usually bite my finger nails whenever I get the chance.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolty Jolteon View Post
*Sometimes I have weird spells of dizziness. It's really weird. My vision will suddenly be filled up by a bunch of weird colors and stuff, I get this unnatural feeling in my head that sorta courses through my body, and it stays that way for a few minutes(sometimes just moments) until the colors finally blur away and the feeling subsides.
Happens if its hot and you've been sitting still for a long time and suddenly get up too quickly. I notice this typically happens to me after watching a movie, especially in a movie theater where there's little to no ventilation. But yeah, you feel hot and dizzy, your vision gets very shrouded for a few seconds, and then it fades away.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:23 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

I REMEMBERED MORE
If I put these on the other one, I dont care.

- I need to lay halfway on my stomach to sleep otherwise I will wake up all the time and feel sickish.

-If there is an earthquake when I sleep, I always sleep through it. A car smashing into a tree? Snore. The loudest noise in the world? GET THAT GUN OUTTA MY FACE. I can only hear small noises if it is 6:30, when mum normally calls me to get up.

-There is this one really soft blanket in my room that always cheers me up, and I feel completely safe if I have it within one foot of me. I seem to always know where it is, even if it is lost.

-I tend to spell words incorrectly even though I am on an extended spelling list.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Happens if its hot and you've been sitting still for a long time and suddenly get up too quickly. I notice this typically happens to me after watching a movie, especially in a movie theater where there's little to no ventilation. But yeah, you feel hot and dizzy, your vision gets very shrouded for a few seconds, and then it fades away.
Most likely diagnosis: Postural hypotension. Usually your blood pressure drops a little when you stand up, but sometimes even normal people can't adjust their blood vessels fast enough that their blood pressure drops for a moment.

Common symptoms are dizziness and blurred vision.

Generally it's considered normal unless this happens really often.

Quote:
When heading out, car keys and cell phone go into my left pocket, while my wallet and my iPod go into my right pocket. Don't ask, it just feels weird if they switch places which then causes me to suddenly think I'm missing one of those vital items.

When I need to get out of bed or do something at a particular time, I start a mental countdown, telling myself I'll get up once it hits zero. Works maybe one out of twenty times. Most of the time a new countdown starts, and then another, and then another. XD
i do both of these. Keys are always to my left pocket and wallet to my right pocket. I always have my pokewalker on my right side as well. Usually I keep my MP3 player on my left pocket because of the way the headphones are arranged. It's really weird if they aren't in the same place, I agree.

I do that mental countdown to get up from bed. Never really happens. XD

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 03-29-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

- It's weird for me to have food touch on a plate.
- I can't sit still for more than a few seconds. I usually just move my legs around under the table.
- I can't wear long sleeved shirts/sweaters/jackets when eating, drawing or writing. It feels weird to me because they 'get in the way' when I use the utensils/pen.
- When I drink from a cup, I always make sure I drink from the exact same spot every time.
- When I go online I always open things up in the same order. (Chrome -> MSN -> Skype)
- moar

|thedynamicduo|
Old 03-29-2011, 04:54 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

If I'm nervous or waiting for something I pace around the kitchen in circles. Usually I don't really notice I'm doing it, but if I do notice then I start getting dizzy and have to stop xD

I set my alarm clock for 7.00AM, press the snooze button 3 times and get up at 7.27AM whenever I have to go to uni. My clock is also 9 minutes fast, giving me time to press the snooze button again if I'm feeling really lazy!

Whenever I'm yelling something to someone, I put my fingers at either side of my face, sorta like a more lazy way of cupping your hands to make your voice louder. Even though it obviously makes no difference. I didn't even realise I did this until my brother noticed and now he won't stop pointing it out and laughing every single time lol.

I can be completely lazy or a neat-freak. Mess doesn't bother me too much if I'm not around it all day, but if I start cleaning then I go all out and everything has to be perfect. This actually applies to most things. If I get past the laziness and bother to do something then I'm a perfectionist. xD
Old 03-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
- It's weird for me to have food touch on a plate.
- I can't sit still for more than a few seconds. I usually just move my legs around under the table.
- I can't wear long sleeved shirts/sweaters/jackets when eating, drawing or writing. It feels weird to me because they 'get in the way' when I use the utensils/pen.
- When I drink from a cup, I always make sure I drink from the exact same spot every time.
- When I go online I always open things up in the same order. (Chrome -> MSN -> Skype)
- moar
That is because you are either nervous, or you suffer from a psychological condition called Flicker. Flicker makes it so your brain MUST be doing an extra activity all the time. I suffer from a mild case of Flicker as well.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Disco Offline

Or it could be ADHD. I'm not all 'OMG HYPER' but I can't sit still, or have my mind be still.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Or it could be ADHD. I'm not all 'OMG HYPER' but I can't sit still, or have my mind be still.
ADHD is often misdiagnosed. ADHD is not what people think it is. ADHD prevents a person from focusing on one thing, where as Flicker has you perform many activities in your head at once, eventually wearing you down.

Flicker can come from repetitive action. Gamers get it a lot, but I got it from my job as an animator. Damn you Pixar! Damn you and your inspirational messages for animation! xD

Since it sounds as if you must be thinking about something constantly, it sounds a little more like Flicker than ADHD. If you think about something but immediately think about something else in rapid succession, that is ADHD.

Flicker
Cannot sit alone
Cannot sit in silence
Constantly thinking about something
Mentally draining

ADHD
Cannot focus on one thing
Highly forgetful
Physically and psychologically hyper
Old 03-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
It also happens most often if you don't drink enough water. That and/or if you have low blood pressure, which I do, but with me, it's the shrouded vision plus the urge to pass out. It's not fun. :(

Also, I have to have my keys in my left pocket and my phone in my right pocket. Everything else goes in one of my back pockets, but generally the left one.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 03-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Not Safe For Adults Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Most likely diagnosis: Postural hypotension. Usually your blood pressure drops a little when you stand up, but sometimes even normal people can't adjust their blood vessels fast enough that their blood pressure drops for a moment.

Common symptoms are dizziness and blurred vision.

Generally it's considered normal unless this happens really often.
You sound more professional then my parents, and they're both doctors. :p I'm guessing you are a medical student?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I bite my nails even after I've bitten them all off and there's nothing to bite.

And I keep my phone in my left pocket and my wallet in my back left pocket. Feels weird if I have them anywhere else. It feels weird if I don't have my wallet in my back pocket. Feels like a portion of my butt isn't there when I sit down, it you get where I'm coming from.

But that's it. Looks like I'm comparatively normal.

Oh, and I love that light headed feeling when you stand up.