Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 09-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko
Default The URPG's Future

Alright, I've spoken to a few people about this, but I haven't been able to contact Lep and many other people, so I decided to make a thread on it.

I think that the URPG would be much better off if it moved to its own forum. There are many advantages to this. For one, there would be no restrictions here at PE2K, and we'd have alot more freedom. Also, we could be interforumary, instead of only PE2K. And, we wouldn't have these constant problems of PE2K shutting down because it has a bad server, with nonstop problems.

I feel we should have an AIM discussion, but if not, just post replies and opinions in this thread. I mean, really, consider it, there's already a URPG forum, and we could just continue it right on that forum with the users that have already registered, and all that have joined the URPG since then simply need to just sign up at it: http://urpg2k.proboards29.com/

Just consider it, and post your opinions here.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Re: The URPG's Future.

Hm...I like the idea and eveything, but URPG is kind of the only reason I stay here at PE2K. If it were to move to another forum then my activity here would decrease. It's neat to have an all in one discussion and RPG forum so that you can chat and RPG all in one place. I just wish the server was more reliable. It's weird how you have free servers that work all the time but then you have a paid server that gives you problems all the time. XP

Anyway I don't have much say in this. I do and do not want this to happen. =P I'll go with whatever happens.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:44 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I think that the URPG should stay on PE2K. The two have been together for so long that they are interlinked. The URPG brings activity to PE2K and PE2K brings activity to the URPG. Members of the URPG are also members of PE2K.

Our server problems have been due to hacker attacks. This is unfortunate for everyone. However, a free server is not guaranteed to be any safer than a paid server and might actually be more vulnerable. On this server, not only do we know the server owner, but the server owner also cares for the forum and the system. We're lucky to be in this position.

Needless to say, it's easier to stay on PE2K than move. Many Yahoo members were confused when the URPG moved to PE2K and I don't want the same thing to happen again. We're happy where we are.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:30 AM
RPGBoss Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RPGBoss Send a message via MSN to RPGBoss Send a message via Yahoo to RPGBoss Send a message via Skype™ to RPGBoss

In my opinion, we should stay here, because like the perosn above said, this is part of this forum, and the forum is part of us. Also, it is easier to get new members if we stay here, the PE2K website is very popular..lol. .so that way the URPG grows faster, that if we were to move to a new forum.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:46 AM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

Let it stay here, if it moves to a seprate forum it will die. Because their's no way to advertise and then that means no new members. Plus the URPG has been with pe2k for almost forever.

Also how often is pe2k down for more then a day? Almost never.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:02 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Well, in one way, I agree. Members get banned from PE2K (examples are Ierdar, TT, etc.) for things they didn't do wrong in the URPG.

But without PE2K, there aren't a lot of new members coming through.

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 09-04-2005, 04:49 AM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

Quote:
The URPG brings activity to PE2K and PE2K brings activity to the URPG.
Nicely put Kim. This is the main reason the URPG should stay at PE2K, otherwise it will die and perhaps PE2K will too.

This mysteriously looks like TT is trying to take down PE2K.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:07 AM
RPGBoss Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RPGBoss Send a message via MSN to RPGBoss Send a message via Yahoo to RPGBoss Send a message via Skype™ to RPGBoss
Cool Re: The URPG's Future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidgeot79
Nicely put Kim. This is the main reason the URPG should stay at PE2K, otherwise it will die and perhaps PE2K will too.

This mysteriously looks like TT is trying to take down PE2K.
haha..lol..now y would would he want to do that..lol.. .that's nevaer gonna happen..unless POkemon in general disappear..!!
Old 09-04-2005, 05:25 AM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGBoss
haha..lol..now y would would he want to do that
You haven't heard some of the stuff he has said out of PE2K.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:42 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Eh, not happening. URPG would never last in its own forum there's no way to get new members since you can't advertise and what not.

This suit is black not.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

I agree that we stay here. Kim put most reasons together, and ST's point of discussion and URPG in one forum that we trust and care for is strong too. Stay here.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 09-04-2005, 03:16 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

This is the only thing keeping me here. Simply put, if the URPG moves, I leave the board to wherever it moves.

Presently, this place gives me a reason to stay here. Without it, I have no reason at all.

Edit: Also, the board and this lace give each other activity. If people join this, it gives members to the board. If people join the board, they will eventually join this place. It's a symbyotic relationship.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 09-04-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko

People, what I'm suggesting is not that we completely disembark from PE2K. What I meant when I described "interforumary" is that, we could have outposts on different pokemon forums, inviting people to come to the URPG, and we wouldn't be only on PE2K that way. URPG could have its own forum, with outposts of the URPG on every forum, so that it wouldn't die, but would infact grow much larger than it currently is. It would provide much more freedom for the URPG and its members, and wouldn't be biased to only one forum.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Treecko
People, what I'm suggesting is not that we completely disembark from PE2K. What I meant when I described "interforumary" is that, we could have outposts on different pokemon forums, inviting people to come to the URPG, and we wouldn't be only on PE2K that way. URPG could have its own forum, with outposts of the URPG on every forum, so that it wouldn't die, but would infact grow much larger than it currently is. It would provide much more freedom for the URPG and its members, and wouldn't be biased to only one forum.
That's not true. "Having outposts on different pokemon forums" might make the URPG grow larger than it currently is. But, it would not grow larger as quickly and as large as if we simply stayed here at PE2k, making EVERY new member that comes here see the URPG. That would bring much more people than just making outposts.

Freedom? I'm free enough in the URPG, thank you.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 09-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

I think that unless PE2K gets back up after losing three G-mods and is curently losing all sorts of members that it could survive here. I think plans to move the URPG should be made in case worse comes to worse. I don't think it needs a forum of its own(not counting a back-up) i think it needs to move to a different forum. thats my 2 cents.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.