Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: [WAR X] Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So I have decided that I am gonna join the team that you join..
Eh, don't wait on me. There is a possibility I may just decide to run the WAR and handle the scoring only instead of taking part myself. Join or create whatever team you'd like, but don't depend on me to make the first choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
Bit too late there ;D

EDIT: I don't know if this is too late but I still REALLY think that there should be a Pokémon Online section for competetive battling. Gun has hosted it in the past and it was quite popular, and it allows more people to get involved - I know a few people who don't want to participate because they believe they won't get any points, but feel much more confidant battling online.
Could you link me to that, because we did have a competitive battling section one year, and nobody took part in it week after week throughout the entire WAR. If enough people express interest, there's still time to make it possible, though. I would like to see a show of hands of people that would take part in it if it were made a section.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:40 PM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

I can't remember where it was - I think it was in the old Online Battling forum deicated to online MMORPG's. I remember the last year I participated in was quite popular, it might have been 2 years ago. The wi-fi online battling was deserted though. I'm sure other people remember it and/or have a link?

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 04-17-2011, 09:49 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

It was the Wi-Fi section that was completely dead. The last ShoddyBattle section was in the old NBL/SBL forum, which is hidden.

Found it by switching around the numbers in the links. This is the latest one, I think.

Last edited by The Jr Trainer; 04-17-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Okay, SLCalamity showed me an alternate battling platform asides from Shoddy, which was used in the WAR last year. What I was really looking for was something that would be able to record logs, and Pokémon Online is able to do that. Not to mention it features 5th gen Pokémon. So yeah, excuse my lack of knowing what kinds of platforms are out there, I'm more of an RP/art/fan fiction kind of guy.

So yes, I will be including this into the official rules, and it will be an official section. Also, because it uses statistical battling logs unlike a section that has to be judged by performance, whoever judges this section will also be allowed to take part in it as well.

EDIT: Okay, so in the end, it looks like this:

Pokémon Online Battling - Using Pokémon Online as a battle simulator, build your team, compete with rival team members, and rise to top in the competitive online battling arena.

Judging Basis: 5 points awarded each week, 3 for 1st place (most personal wins), 2 for 2nd (most personal wins). 25 points in total.

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 04-17-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Team Razor Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
EDIT: Okay, so in the end, it looks like this:

Pokémon Online Battling - Using Pokémon Online as a battle simulator, build your team, compete with rival team members, and rise to top in the competitive online battling arena.

Judging Basis: 5 points awarded each week, 3 for 1st place (most personal wins), 2 for 2nd (most personal wins). 25 points in total.
I suppose we only battle with OU mons and lower, since there isn't many people playing ubers, and same witl little cup, uu and nu. Check smogon.com for referance.

I'm back for real this time(I think).

Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Razor View Post
I suppose we only battle with OU mons and lower, since there isn't many people playing ubers, and same witl little cup, uu and nu. Check smogon.com for referance.
That's really up to whoever becomes the judge. They would be the ones that set the tier standards.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 AM
SLC Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Razor View Post

I assume the judge can choose which rules to implement and change it week by week. If I were judge, I'd make it you get 'tokens' for each battle and the one with the most points win. For example:

Standard Battle: 2 tokens for win, 0 tokens for loss.
Special Battle: (such as 5th gen only, UU, challenge cup etc.) 3 tokens for win, 1 tokens for loss.

EDIT: Damnit Neo.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

I hope Neo doesn't mind me using this as Classified space right now. Still I don't know where else to put this.

I want to make a team but I have some idea where I want it to go. The name of the team I have in mind could make it a villainous team or a heroic team. Or neutral like Switzerland. haha

The problem is that I don't want to make a team and then end up being alone (especially in the RP). Tired of doing the RP solo as a team and I want some people are willing to stick with the RP.

So if you want to help start up a team with me and willing to stick in the RP then PM me up. If nobody is interested or things don't work out then I join some other team.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

I want to make a team, problem is I don't want to RP.

I dunno guys, should Team Fury finally be in a WAR or what?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:32 PM
SLC Offline

LOL, I remember Team Fury, before most of you got banned.

I'm gonna give RP a go, even though I have little experience.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
I want to make a team, problem is I don't want to RP.

I dunno guys, should Team Fury finally be in a WAR or what?

Hey, WAR is more then RP. So that be cool if you want to team up. I just expressing my main concern which is a selffish concern but that is me. Offer still stands for anybody who doesn't RP.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Well Charizard is a good fit in Team Fury, being something with wings and all.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:02 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Just wondering, will you be waiting for the teams to fill out a little more before putting up the judge application?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:35 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

It's always better to choose the judges closer to the actual War, I'd say. That way people don't forget or get bored and focus something else entirely. Always best to make sure to get those active enough to still be around during Wartime :P.

Do you have any Team ideas, Mikey? Hit me up with a PM if you have a good one.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 04-20-2011, 03:54 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Just wondering, will you be waiting for the teams to fill out a little more before putting up the judge application?
Like Scott said, it would be better to start recruiting judges closer toward the start time (I'm thinking very early June). That way, we don't have people dropping out, and we know the people who signed up are definitely still around.