Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Default Re: Pokérus Empire ® :Tausend Jahre Pokérus Reich: HIRING

I have both a Haxorus and a Dragonite. One of them is going on my team because for over 10 years I've had a long-standing tradition of always having a Dragon-type on my team...but which one? What are the advantages and disadvantages to using each? Here are some, but if you guys could point some more out...

Dragonite
Pros:
-Better overall bulk than Haxorus, especially with Multiscale
-Better movepool gives a wider range of options
-Often unpredictable until half the opponent's team has been taken out
-Immune to Ground moves
Cons:
-Often a status magnet, at least in my experience
-Dat 4x ice weakness
-Weak to Rock moves

Haxorus
Pros:
-Attack stat that almost catches up to Rayquaza's makes Haxorus so powerful that it can OHKO even some opponents who resist his attacks, particularly with boosts
-Can learn both Dragon Dance and Swords Dance
-HE HAS AN AXE ON HIS FACE.
-Great pure Dragon typing
-Mold Breaker means he can Earthquake foes like Bronzong that have Levitate
-Decent physical attacking movepool can keep opponents guessing until it's too late
-Did I mention the axe on his face?
Cons:
-No secondary STAB
-Average defences mean that a super-effective hit will likely be the last one Haxorus takes before fainting

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Are you guys still looking for someone with a Black/White game and valid friend code?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:29 AM
TRK4ever Offline

I played with both... Haxorus vs dragonite
If you am attacking nature and choice item it it can outrun anything except ice shard..
But then theres D.nite a pokemon who has been outshines since 3rd gen by salmence who is overall a better flying/dragon then the lovable Titan.. If I was you I'll go withthe 5th gen and wreak havoc with it
Fav legend: Mew
Friend code" 4470 0352 8338
Old 03-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Lost Soul Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
I have both a Haxorus and a Dragonite. One of them is going on my team because for over 10 years I've had a long-standing tradition of always having a Dragon-type on my team...but which one? What are the advantages and disadvantages to using each? Here are some, but if you guys could point some more out...

Dragonite
Pros:
-Immune to Ground moves
Cons:
-Dat 4x ice weakness
-Weak to Rock moves

Haxorus
Pros:
-Attack stat that almost catches up to Rayquaza's makes Haxorus so powerful that it can OHKO even some opponents who resist his attacks, particularly with boosts
-Decent physical attacking movepool can keep opponents guessing until it's too late
Cons:
-No secondary STAB
-Average defences mean that a super-effective hit will likely be the last one Haxorus takes before fainting
i think it's going to depend on the rest of your team whether you need a suicide-ish sweeper like hax, or something that can take hits like d-nite, in general though d-nite has a lot more weaknesses but will still be able to take an unboosted SE hit providing a clean entry with multiscale, and with a mixed set would be able to hit most things for at least neutral damage, plus the fact that you could run either a special or physical set also, will make people a bit more cautious, though i think most people still run a dd set?

hax is fun because after a dragon dance can sweep entire teams with outrage brick break and night slash, or dual chop if you don't like the negatives of outrage, while it only has one type, it also only has a 2x weakness to ice, and a 2x to dragon, while keeping a bunch of resistances, if you're worried about it's bulk, setting up dual screens to set up a sweep might help out, or just run a steel type, like the aforementioned bronzong to gyroball ice pokemon, and if i'm not mistaken can run dual screens as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
Are you guys still looking for someone with a Black/White game and valid friend code?
as far as i know, we still are, we're just a bit inactive, myself included lol, in fact i haven't picked up the game in a while, but post up your info, and i'm sure you can be added

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRK4ever View Post
I played with both... Haxorus vs dragonite
If you am attacking nature and choice item it it can outrun anything except ice shard..
But then theres D.nite a pokemon who has been outshines since 3rd gen by salmence who is overall a better flying/dragon then the lovable Titan.. If I was you I'll go withthe 5th gen and wreak havoc with it
what's up trk how goes it? haven't been on in a while, you guys still get on ze xat?

@everyone else: yaoooooo!!! what's the word peepuls, still haven't picked the game back up, been playing MW3 for the most part with a bunch of friends, about to crack the top 20K in KC, but i'm beginning to run into more and more hackers, anyhways, i'm thinking of slowly getting back into it, so if you guys need anything hit me up here or via vm/pm and i'll try to get it for ya, including any events,

i'm gonna try to make it a point to be around more, as a precursor to BWdeuce
Old 03-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Talking Re: Pokérus Empire ® :Tausend Jahre Pokérus Reich: HIRING

@Akai its all a matter of preference.. I suggest running a truobleshooting team with both (not in the same team of coarse) unil you find a niche you like..
on a more personal level when this Gen came out you obviously run all Gen V team until you knoe... I found that I like using the suicide Hax..Adamant or Jolly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Trainer View Post
In Game Name:gen5ash
Reason for Joining?:Thought i'd join a clan.
Clan contributions: breeding and cloning
Experience With Pokemon:2 years
Wifi FC:i'll post this later.
we are always looking for battle ready trainers please post FC so i can add you to the Clan list..

Quote:
Mister Ron so glad to have piqued an interest. as mentioned above yeah we're looking to expand and keep things WiFi if possible...
BTW any and all new trainers we seem to lack momentum in the PO department so if you happen to not have WiFi but are battle ready on PO please also include your user name there...

I also would like to add
Have you both read our rules as to what constitutes activity... Im not myself so active but I am keeping my head into the Events side of my games so I can at least make that effort to obtain hte US end of things...
Oh and I just got Mass Effect3 for my Bday so im into that hardcore ATM..

post your FC you guys and do the best you can to ...earn a Premier grade ..and
if memory serves right.. a few if not most is/are ready for a PROMO... keep your eyes peeled..

Mr420 Over and Out

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-09-2012, 10:17 PM
silver shadow Offline

your tinenes a manaphi, deoxis, Arceus or darkray I you exchange

By my bro Joangaes while teaching me to do them.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:44 AM
hectic Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post

Dragonite
Pros:
-Immune to Ground moves
Cons:
-Dat 4x ice weakness
-Weak to Rock moves

Haxorus
Pros:
Cons:
-No secondary STAB
I prefer Dnight because he's a boss and super tanky and can smack the sh!t out of stuff at the same time.
Quote:
Yes fill out forum on first page plox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver shadow View Post
your tinenes a manaphi, deoxis, Arceus or darkray I you exchange
Da Fuque?

Sup Empire, my friend said he'd give me his DS so I'm back in business. By the end of the weekend I'll be working on a new team and starting on it. Akai I'll search and see if I have any of your mons. What was your OT?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 PM
hectic Offline

So I heard the empire was inactive?
Old 03-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Lost Soul Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectic View Post
So I heard the empire was inactive?
i know i haven't battled since last year i think lol
Old 03-12-2012, 03:41 AM
hectic Offline

I'm pretty sure I have but still that was a while ago.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 AM
hectic Offline

Since I've been an Apostal for over a month, can I get this pokeball?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Lost Soul Offline

yaoo what's the word peepuls? so i checked out serebii's news, and apparently BWdeuce isn't a third version, but something of a sequel, maybe a direct one? not sure how the story line will progress, maybe like FR/LG where the previous hero is the champ? dunno, but playasia is already taking preorders for the japanese vers. haven't decided if i'll pick it up yet
Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
hectic Offline

Hmm that's different...
Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Princess_Eevee9 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Princess_Eevee9 Send a message via MSN to Princess_Eevee9 Send a message via Yahoo to Princess_Eevee9 Send a message via Skype™ to Princess_Eevee9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
yaoo what's the word peepuls? so i checked out serebii's news, and apparently BWdeuce isn't a third version, but something of a sequel, maybe a direct one? not sure how the story line will progress, maybe like FR/LG where the previous hero is the champ? dunno, but playasia is already taking preorders for the japanese vers. haven't decided if i'll pick it up yet
I've already stated I think that it's a direct sequel with a new storyline and getting Keldeo unlocks more game features or did I can't remember!!

Hello all yeah I'm still here when I remember to actually get on my laptop and not spend my whole Spring Break playing games and forgetting about my homework!

Akai I say Dragonite cause Haxorus is ugly as hell and I don't like it and Dragonite is pwnage
Old 03-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Darkrai Trainer Offline

Sorry for being inactive it was spontaneous. But atleast now i can get some wifi battles done. So whats the word, BW 2?
Closed Thread