Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: [WAR X] The Cullen

You're such a joke, Gem xP

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 05-01-2011, 02:05 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
You're such a joke, Gem xP
And Lus is very original. XD
Old 05-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
And Lus is very original. XD
There's no humor in making fun of stuff that doesn't exist yet xP

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 05-01-2011, 02:21 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
There's no humor in making fun of stuff that doesn't exist yet xP
Originality doesn't exist yet? New one on me. ^^
Old 05-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originality doesn't exist yet? New one on me. ^^
No, but if I were to make a joke about something that nobody but me knows about, due to it being original, it would not be very funny because nobody would understand what I'm talking about. Hence, I can only make fun of stuff that other people already know about, aka stuff that is not original, aka stuff that doesn't exist yet (at least in the minds of those who I am communicating with). Unless I feel like explaining the joke before I make it.

Art Gallery

Last edited by Lusankya; 05-01-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
No, but if I were to make a joke about something that nobody but me knows about, due to it being original, it would not be very funny because nobody would understand what I'm talking about. Hence, I can only make fun of stuff that other people already know about, aka stuff that is not original, aka stuff that doesn't exist yet (at least in the minds of those who I am communicating with). Unless I feel like lecturing :P
Yes, but it's the fact you said something that had already been said before, whereas if you had said something still "unoriginal" to your mind because it already existed, it would still have been original to us because you had in fact not said it yet.

SO THERE SMARTY PANTS.

And the square root of pi is 1.772453850905516027298167483314.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 05-01-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Yes, but it's the fact you said something that had already been said before, whereas if you had said something still "unoriginal" to your mind because it already existed, it would still have been original to us because you had in fact not said it yet.
Yes, and if it had been original to you, you wouldn't have understood the joke Example: If I make a joke about 11-dimensional string theory, it wouldn't be humorous because you probably don't know enough about m-theory to understand the reference. In a similar vein, any totally original mocking would require prior explanation. At any rate, in my case the joke was based on mocking through repetition, the entire concept of which relies on being unoriginal. Which is why it is easy. Smarty pants.

Art Gallery

Last edited by Lusankya; 05-01-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:32 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Yes, and if it had been original to you, you wouldn't have understood the joke Example: If I make a joke about 11-dimension string theory that none of you have heard before, it wouldn't be humorous because you probably don't know enough about m-theory to understand the reference. At any rate, in my case the joke was based on mocking through repetition, the entire concept of which relies on being unoriginal.
*shakes head* My goodness, Lus. Is your brain capable of functioning on anything less than a quantum level? ^^

Anyway, in my case, the "original" joke was understood.

Quote:
And Lus is very original. XD <-- NOTE: A laugh.
^^
Old 05-01-2011, 03:37 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
*shakes head* My goodness, Lus. Is your brain capable of functioning on anything less than a quantum level? ^^
Are you saying my brain's really really small? .-.

Art Gallery
Old 05-01-2011, 03:40 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Are you saying my brain's really really small? .-.
No, I'm saying that you're able to fit a looot of stuff in there. XD
Old 05-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Lusitania Offline

Name: Lusitania
Preferred Nickname: Charles
Reason(s) for joining: Dunno.
WAR Experience: I have some, I forget which ones I was in.
WAR Sections: (Which sections of the WAR do you plan on participating in?)
Old 05-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
Name: Lusitania
Preferred Nickname: Charles
Reason(s) for joining: Dunno.
WAR Experience: I have some, I forget which ones I was in.
WAR Sections: (Which sections of the WAR do you plan on participating in?)
To be perfectly honest, Lusitania, I was wary when I saw this application. You were the only one ever banned from this thread, and I took your name off because you got banned from the forum. So you're not banned from the forum, and not from this thread anymore.

I'm going to accept this, but be warned, any disrespect you show to mods, other members, or just general asshat-attitude will get you kicked off the Team again.

So if you have a happy and respectful attitude, then welcome to The Pack ^^
Old 05-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
To be perfectly honest, Lusitania, I was wary when I saw this application. You were the only one ever banned from this thread, and I took your name off because you got banned from the forum. So you're not banned from the forum, and not from this thread anymore.

I'm going to accept this, but be warned, any disrespect you show to mods, other members, or just general asshat-attitude will get you kicked off the Team again.

So if you have a happy and respectful attitude, then welcome to The Pack ^^
With this, I don't know if I should join; there seems to be a certain air of ambivalence surrounding your statement. I don't want to go into something on a probation. It just breeds a sense of mistrust and misgiving, and that's not really something I'd like to be involved with. I'm hoping that next WAR, if there is one, things around me and you, and to some extent, this forum, are both less inflamed and more cordial. I'm going to have to respectfully withdraw my application.

I wish you all the best, Shen. I really do.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
With this, I don't know if I should join; there seems to be a certain air of ambivalence surrounding your statement. I don't want to go into something on a probation. It just breeds a sense of mistrust and misgiving, and that's not really something I'd like to be involved with. I'm hoping that next WAR, if there is one, things around me and you, and to some extent, this forum, are both less inflamed and more cordial. I'm going to have to respectfully withdraw my application.

So I liek, heard this crazy rumor that Cullen's not the only team. What's up with that?

Art Gallery
Old 05-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Quote:

I understand, and again I am sorry. Hope things turn out better.