Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Anti-spamify

You know when you join on certain sites and such, you encounter that box with all the fuzz and lines and the enigma that is letters? Yeah, you know the one! The one that says, "To stop bots from making their dang accounts."

Could we not implement such a device that would halt the spammers in their tracks...? (If there is one, geesus those spammers are smart.)

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 04-23-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Anti-spamify

We have something similar to Capcha. I'm not sure why Ryan doesn't want Capcha on top of it, but that's how he stands on the matter.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I agree that we need something more than what's being done, because the amount of ad bots is getting extremely horrendous. If it means having a box with fuzzy letters or whatever, do it. Otherwise, these things pollute the forum with annoying threads, revive old topics, and I hate to say it, but they show no sign of stopping either.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

To be fair, a bigger forum like say MTGS is also plagued with similar issues and they use Capcha. They don't seem to see as much bots as we do, IIRC.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:30 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

How many are we seeing per day?

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 04-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
How many are we seeing per day?
I've had Neo ban like 5 - 6 bots a day before.

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Old 04-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

There seems to be way more over the last few days...
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM

Gimme deh fuzzeh lettahs!

Yeah, if I was given a dime for every spammer I have seen for the past week, I would be on my way to Bill Gatesdom.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Almost makes me feel like spamming onlinenewspapersz.com in return (the ones mainly responsible for our recent horde of spam bots). We should plan a raid and make a game where whoever spams them the most wins.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
Almost makes me feel like spamming onlinenewspapersz.com in return (the ones mainly responsible for our recent horde of spam bots). We should plan a raid and make a game where whoever spams them the most wins.
Ohhhhh, I'd so win.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
tramadol no prior prescription needed Millions of American accept pain. Chronic pain, daily pain, temporary severe pain. Of all the medications sold by online pharmacies, probably the most common type is pain relievers. It may seem then that online pharmacies make the perfect source of pain relievers.

Well, are you aware the Drug Enforcement Agency of the united states (DEA) has busted and close over 5000 online pharmacies? Did you know that many online pharmacies sell counterfeit medication? Do you realize this is a federal crime so that you can order prescription medications externaly the usa?

It's correct, online pharmacies are a good supply of pain relief medication. This information shows you to order pain medication legally, from within the us, having a legal prescription. It's the only method to go!

First, the caveats: You cannot legally order medication externaly the united states, even if you have a prescription. We always hear the elderly taking buses to Canada to buy cheap medicine. To tell the truth, right now, this series is illegitimate. Also, you cannot legally order medicine coming from a pharmacy without a prescription. Many online pharmacies (including my own) have physicians in the catering company who review your medication request and write you a prescription whenever they think it's safe. In addition, NEVER order narcotics with the mail. Forget codeine, Tylenol #3, oxycontin, demerol, percodan and percocet. You may be charged having a federal crime for purchasing these substances. Lastly, no matter the medication you get, be sure you see the package insert (or a monograph on my web page). Drugs interact with each other sufficient reason for your body- the package insert will tip you on very damaging behavior depending on medication you ordered.

Listed below are quick summaries of common pain alleviation drugs you can order through the Internet with almost no risk:

No good spam bot, I did not know that opening and redistributing medications was against the law. No, I did not know that people were stupid enough to even fall for online pharmacies other than Walgreens. No, I did not realize that it took an idiot with a lot of times on his hands to write such a message to warn us against such a thing. I bet the person who wrote this message just wants to shut down pharmacies so he can sell the local children their "pain medications" personally. Yeah, I see through your scam... I see... through... the scam...

Rant done while eyes were closed and half sleeping, courtesy of Red Bull and a lot of spare time.

UUUUUUUUGH! Do something about this crap. It is really bothering me, and I want to be apart of the vengeance. Neo, can we literally organize a mass spam stomp, where we mass spam the spammers? We block them from their own phony business. Can we make our site so that spammers can stop bothering the hell out of me? I swear, I get enough of it when I check my Yahoo mail, let alone here.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
UUUUUUUUGH! Do something about this crap. It is really bothering me, and I want to be apart of the vengeance. Neo, can we literally organize a mass spam stomp, where we mass spam the spammers? We block them from their own phony business. Can we make our site so that spammers can stop bothering the hell out of me? I swear, I get enough of it when I check my Yahoo mail, let alone here.
Hey, what you do to them is up to you, in no way will PE2K be personally held responsible for it. :P

Old 05-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Master Zorua Offline

The problem is, the majority of these spam accounts are bots, which are computers that have been infected with some malicious software (malware), allowing a hacker to do their dirty work from them without the owner of that computer's knowledge.

Yay for Tech & Society class =P
Old 05-10-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
Hey, what you do to them is up to you, in no way will PE2K be personally held responsible for it. :P
YOU don't want to be held responsible for a just action? xD
Old 05-17-2011, 08:41 AM

WE COULD make add a feature where we have to work simple addition problems before we post something. THAT would definitely crackdown on spammers.