Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 PM
lu1z Offline

Default Re: The Laughing Man's Society: Collectors Edition: Open

So i arrive this morning and the first thing i see is a list :P

Sealboy= x
Mattj= x
Royal/Blue Knight=
Nero/Dr House= x
Morph=
Jose= x
Pein 11=
Nyla and Winter Bane=
Blood Razor/ Bubbles Fizz=
Daigon= x
DarkRose= x
FacePlant=

Im gonna be on PO a bit later to start making the team ill be using in Black.

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
Old 04-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Knuckles Offline

Send a message via AIM to Knuckles Send a message via Yahoo to Knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyshuckle View Post
PLEASE give me one. The sets I've been seeing on smogon and the ones I've seen I don't really know if I want. I was going to go with Naugthy SD with HP ice but if you have a better one I'd love to hear it.

Also if anyone really doesn't want a Timid HP ice CM virizion speak now :P
you should know by now i don't particuarly care for smogon sets.. for Cobalion, why not make use of all that resitance and make a physical wall? granted its only weak to fire, fighting and ground, but it has about as much resistance as it does things doing normal damage to it if not more...

Edit; with my particular play style, i'd go for bold or impish depending for various reasons, but factoring in that it can learn CM, SD AND Work up, there's a lot of directions to take. mixed wall, go for CM set..

Last edited by Knuckles; 04-25-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:10 PM
lu1z Offline

Quote:
PLEASE give me one. The sets I've been seeing on smogon and the ones I've seen I don't really know if I want. I was going to go with Naugthy SD with HP ice but if you have a better one I'd love to hear it.

Im with Knuckles here. Make him a physical wall and you could either give him Leftovers or Rocky Helmet if you want to wittle down your opponent.

I used one on PO but the moveset wasnt so great, i think he also gets screen but im not sure.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:11 PM
samtheguard Offline

Quote:

I want one! jk

@ DSL, I can't choose... I'll have to think about it.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Knuckles Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu1z View Post
Im with Knuckles here. Make him a physical wall and you could either give him Leftovers or Rocky Helmet if you want to wittle down your opponent.

I used one on PO but the moveset wasnt so great, i think he also gets screen but im not sure.
here's the set i've been using..

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Bold
240HP/252Def/18 Spd
Calm Mind
Sacred Sword
HP Water
Metal Burst

This set has worked many wonders for me.. Sacred Sword is your main STAB move, calm mind is obvious... HP Water to deal with Fire and Ground types, Metal burst acts pretty much like counter/mirror coat, but from both physical and special sides
Old 04-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

okay, I made a list of all the people that should be in the hall of fame.

Here is the list so far, with mine, locks and Lu1z votes
Sealboy= xxx
Mattj= xxx
Royal/Blue Knight=
Nero/Dr House=xx
Morph=x
Jose= xxx
Pein 11= x
Nyla and Winter Bane=
Blood Razor/ Bubbles Fizz= xx
Daigon=x
DarkRose=x
FacePlant= x

Okay guys and sam please go through this list and pick 6 names ![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dark Shadow Lord;3286180]lock you should pick based on what the person did for the clan. A lot of the people on the list gave to the clan in one way or another. Also members who were friendly,helpful and loyal should be up thier. I can tell you something great about each of them.

Nyla/Winter: although they werent around for a very long nyla gave us a website, and winter made the first really good set of user bars

Sealboy: Sealboy was one of the oringal members, we watched him grow up. from not knowing much about battling to being tutor by some of the best. Sealboy also learned to make banners and super cool user bars.

Royal: although he was a pain to deal with, he was a good friend and a great battling partner.

Daigon: Was all about business, he would come here work on his team and help others out. Daigons ability to stay focused on team building made him a great edition. He would help you trade or give you anything he had if you asked

Nero/Dr House: Nero was something else. His lack of raw battling skill was made up for by his friendlness and activity. Nero kept the place going, he was the heart of this place. He also created a sign test that some of you might remember.

Morph: Before Bullet Puncher Showed up and After Vincent went off the radar Morph was the go to guy for a mutli battler. Morph was a great battler and a fun guy to have around. I believe he won a war match too.

Jose: His work can still be seen on the front page. He was more then just a banner maker..he was an awesome shoddy battler. He brought to use both the shoddy server and the current po server.

Mattj: VGC was his game, mattj was a cool guy! he brought to us a good clan shop and filled with with some of the best ivs we had seen. His new rng abuse gave the clan a new way to get perfect ivs without saving. I think his influence can still be seen today.

Darkrose: was on the original members to come off the shoddy server. Darkrose was a really good at being open for battles and staying up on the meta game.

Pein 11: Maybe some what forgotten about at this point, pein 11 was one of the first member to come into the clan and beat us all. he was a great battler and you could count on him to have you back in a war. Earlier version of mystery.

Blood Razor/Bubbles: He was a great battler, whose attention to detail and team set up made him very tough to beat. He would have been a great edition to the war but sadly he never got to be in one. Blood was good for team building and would help out anyone who asked.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 PM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
you should know by now i don't particuarly care for smogon sets.. for Cobalion, why not make use of all that resitance and make a physical wall? granted its only weak to fire, fighting and ground, but it has about as much resistance as it does things doing normal damage to it if not more...

Edit; with my particular play style, i'd go for bold or impish depending for various reasons, but factoring in that it can learn CM, SD AND Work up, there's a lot of directions to take. mixed wall, go for CM set..
Quote:

The problem is he has no reliable recovery. Followed by his support movepool is just half-a**** He gets reflect, but not lightscreen, he has roar, but no SR, he has toxic but in this metagame its not to helpful... really the only bulky set that I think would work well for him is thunder-wave iron head, but thats not the best without serene grace. I mean I'm going to do a second runthrough, but I'd rather RNG something that alot of people could make use of. If everyone wants a bulky one I'll do it. What does everyone else think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtheguard View Post
I want one! jk

@ DSL, I can't choose... I'll have to think about it.
A CM Virizion. Let me know when you get your game and I'll give you a birthday present :P

EDIT: The set I was looking at for Cobalt was something like this
Naughty
SD
Close Combat
Stone Edge
HP ice

I just like it because it takes advantage of its speed, its resistances, and justified... which is what I don't like about CM... expecially when its x4 resistant on its massive defense that holds up pretty well without investment

Pokemon White FC:1979-0607-6887

Last edited by shinyshuckle; 04-25-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Knuckles Offline

Quote:
The problem is he has no reliable recovery. Followed by his support movepool is just half-a**** He gets reflect, but not lightscreen, he has roar, but no SR, he has toxic but in this metagame its not to helpful... really the only bulky set that I think would work well for him is thunder-wave iron head, but thats not the best without serene grace. I mean I'm going to do a second runthrough, but I'd rather RNG something that alot of people could make use of. If everyone wants a bulky one I'll do it. What does everyone else think?

A CM Virizion. Let me know when you get your game and I'll give you a birthday present :P

Naughty
SD
Close Combat
Stone Edge
HP ice

I just like it because it takes advantage of its speed, its resistances, and justified... which is what I don't like about CM... expecially when its x4 resistant on its massive defense that holds up pretty well without investment
Check Moveset in above post. see if that tickles your fancy =P
Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

knuckles and shiny please take a second out of your busy day to vote..lol

Old 04-25-2011, 06:29 PM
lu1z Offline

Quote:
here's the set i've been using..

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Bold
240HP/252Def/18 Spd
Calm Mind
Sacred Sword
HP Water
Metal Burst

This set has worked many wonders for me.. Sacred Sword is your main STAB move, calm mind is obvious... HP Water to deal with Fire and Ground types, Metal burst acts pretty much like counter/mirror coat, but from both physical and special sides

Once thought of using it as a Special attacker but his movepool wasnt so appealing. But yours is a great set.

But wouldnt Cobalion speed hinder MetalBurst effectiveness? Thats like my only doubt lol.

@Shiny: Yeah the no-recovery is a pain, kinda like Registeel (still waiting for GameFreak to give him Recover). But if you can add a Wish passer in your team it shouldnt be a problem, Alomomola could be a good partner and its very annoying to take down.

The reason why many people dont use him is because like things like you said. Jirachi can make half of the things Cobalion does better like screens and paraflinching, and Skarm can set SR and has Whirlwind. But its just a matter of the person choice.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Knuckles Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
knuckles and shiny please take a second out of your busy day to vote..lol
after looking at the list, i definitely must say Mattj and Faceplant should be on there..
Quote:
Once thought of using it as a Special attacker but his movepool wasnt so appealing. But yours is a great set.

But wouldnt Cobalion speed hinder MetalBurst effectiveness? Thats like my only doubt lol.

@Shiny: Yeah the no-recovery is a pain, kinda like Registeel (still waiting for GameFreak to give him Recover). But if you can add a Wish passer in your team it shouldnt be a problem, Alomomola could be a good partner and its very annoying to take down.

The reason why many people dont use him is because like things like you said. Jirachi can make half of the things Cobalion does better like screens and paraflinching, and Skarm can set SR and has Whirlwind. But its just a matter of the person choice.
i hadn't had too much problem with it. i want to say its speed priority is the same as counter/mirror coat. i'll double check. its lack of recovery i'll admit is a bit peeving, and its also ridiculous how hard taking down alomomoa is..
Old 04-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
after looking at the list, i definitely must say Mattj and Faceplant should be on there..

i hadn't had too much problem with it. i want to say its speed priority is the same as counter/mirror coat. i'll double check. its lack of recovery i'll admit is a bit peeving, and its also ridiculous how hard taking down alomomoa is..
its nice having you still around becuase you remember people.
can you copy and paste my chart and add xs to six names.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Knuckles Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
its nice having you still around becuase you remember people.
can you copy and paste my chart and add xs to six names.
sure. let me get to a computer... on the wii
Old 04-25-2011, 06:58 PM
samtheguard Offline

Quote:

Naughty
SD
Close Combat
Stone Edge
HP ice

Haha, I was just kidding but okay

@ DSL, here
Sealboy= x
Mattj= x
Royal/Blue Knight= x
Nero/Dr House=
Morph= x
Jose= x
Pein 11=
Nyla and Winter Bane=
Blood Razor/ Bubbles Fizz=
Daigon= x
DarkRose=
FacePlant=
Old 04-25-2011, 07:00 PM
lu1z Offline

Quote:
sure. let me get to a computer... on the wii
I praise your patience for writing in the Wii.

About Metal Burst, i think it doesnt have the same priority as Counter and MC. It is based on the Spd of the Pokemon using it but i dont know if they changed it in this Gen.

Closed Thread