Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Micro Offline

Default Hitmon's Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge.

After seeing some Nuzlocke challenges, I wanted to try it aswell. So because of that, I'm gonna do a Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke challenge! Yay... So let's get started.

CORE RULES
  • Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

Active Optional Rules (Besides Core Rules)
  • All Pokemon must be given nicknames (Set theme: Food (Example: Mayonaise, Burger, Chicken, Cabbage, Donut, Etc... Etc...)
  • Duplicate Mons encountered can be ignored (including evolutions)
  • Trades only allowed for one evolution, beyond that, no trades allowed. (including in-game)
  • Eggs from Day Care aren't allowed.
  • Items (non-held) may not be used in battle, only outside.
  • May only capture Male Pokémon. If the first Pokémon on a route is Female, tough luck. (Inspired by Shen's Soul Silver Nuzlocke Challenge)

Episode 1: First steps into the world of P-O-K-accent-E-M-O-N.

I opened up my good old DS and put in Pokemon Platinum Version. I started up my DS, but my batteries were dead... Not cool for my first Nuzlocke. But anyways, I continued after the battery was alive again. I started Pokemon Platinum Version and pressed New Game. A really old proffesor came and talked about stuff. He asked me what I was, I thought: "Wtf man, I'm right infront of you! Can't you see I'm a boy?!". But I still pressed the running boy character and then he asked me for my name... Hmm... What should I choose... After like 10 min, I decided to choose for Hitmon. Just because I couldn't think of any other name, which wasn't my real name. After that was done my "rival" appeared and called him Barry, like from the anime. Then I watched some TV about some town where subtitles were wrote down in the middle of the screen. After that was done, I did only 1 step to the right and then that annoying, hyper-active, friend of mine came in. He told me some stuff I didn't care about. Then he ran away... So I went downstairs to look if he was still here, but my mom said something like: "OH MAH GOSH, BARRY IS ALREADY GONE!! DON'T WALK IN TALL GRASS, POKEMON MAY KILL YOU!! CYAZ HITMONZ!!". So I left the building. I walked out of town but some guy stopped me and he said that Barry was in his house or something. So I walked to his house. But when I wanted to enter the door... BARRY CAME AND TACKLED ME!! GAME OVER!! Nah just kidding, he just pushed me and said some stuff. But he forgot something so I entered his house and walked on the stairs. He was on his laptop... So he wasted some time... Fine...

So when walked to the outside of this town, he was there, waiting for me. I was thinking: "How the hell did he got the Running Shoes before me?!" But oh well... He wanted to walk into tall grass but I stopped him because of what my mom said to me. He wanted to run into the grass, which was a pretty stupid idea, but before he got into the grass some voice said: "OBJECTION!! HOLD IT!! TAKE THAT!!". Well atleast the Hold it part... Then some old guy came which was apperently Professor Rowan. He said some stuff. Barry said some stuff. I was quiet like always. After a while Dawn came and gave the Prof. his box thingy. They talked about pokemon and stuff. After that I had to choose one of the three pokemon. The grass type Turtwig, the fire type Chimchar or the water type Oshawott Piplup. I chose for Chimchar, because it's pretty strong and could help me on my journey. It's name is Ketchup, cause it's red :D. Oh well, I had to battle Barry with his Piplup. I started with Scratch, he with Growl. Leer, Growl, Scratch, Growl, Scratch, Growl, Scratch, Growl, Scratch (Piplup red HP), Pound, Scratch (Almost killed), Growl, Scratch and it's KO. Oh well Ketchup lvled up to lvl 6. After that I magically teleported to my home again. I told my mom what happened. She said that I had to see Rowan. FINALLY SHE GAVE ME THE RUNNING SHOES!! Yay for me... I ran outside, smelled the fresh, cold air and finally ran to my destiny...

But when I was on Route 201 again, Barry was there. He told me to catch the legendary pokemon in lake together. I had to agree, 'cause I wanted to see that legend for myself. We entered the lake. But there was a strange blue-haired guy overthere. He talked about time and space and stuff... He walked away later. Then Barry forgot to bring P-O-K-accent-E balls as he self said. So he wanted a race to the lab. I ran and ran. I ran into some P-O-K-accent-E Mon, which I couldn't catch so I could just kill them and catch the first pokemon later. Didn't lvl up though... After a while Dawn was there and let me into the lab. But when we wanted to go on our da-... I mean walking into the lab, Barry had to ruin it and tackled me again. Anyways, I entered the lab, I finally made his Nickname Official, he told me some stuff about me and my pokemon, got the Pokedex, Dawn ran away for the scary old man and I ran out of the lab. Starting my adventure... THE ADVENTURE OF THE NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE!!

-------------------------------------
  • All Pokemon must be given nicknames (Set theme: Food (Example: Mayonaise, Burger, Chicken, Cabbage, Donut, Etc... Etc...)
  • Trades only allowed for one evolution, beyond that, no trades allowed. (including in-game)
  • May only capture Male Pokémon. If the first Pokémon on a route is Female, tough luck. (Inspired by Shen's Soul Silver Nuzlocke Challenge)

Number of Gym Badges: 0

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 0

-:Party:-
  • Ketchup the Chimchar, Lvl 6 Male (Starter)

-:Box:-
  • None.

-:Graveyard:-
  • None. (Let's keep it this way.)

Today I'm advertising on my PE2K account... HOORAAAY!!! xDD

~Echo. (~Micro.)

Last edited by Micro; 05-09-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Micro Offline

Default Re: Hitmon's Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge.

Hooray for no viewers yet... -.-

Episode 2: Gotta catch 'em all, POKEMON!!

...so I walked out of the building. But Rowan stopped me with his voice. He gave me TM27 for free. Yay. It's Return. Didn't really need it but oh well... Then Dawn gave me a tour around Sandgem Town. Showed me the Pokemon Center and the Poke Mart. She said I had to go home to tell my mom about my journey. So I healed my Pokemon and ran back to my house. She gave me a journal, why did I need a joural if I write everything all down here?! But oh well... Oh yeah Barry's mommy went into our house and asked where he was. Apperently he went without telling anything to his mom... Barry's mom gave me something to deliver to him. A Parcel. So now I am the delivery boy or something?! She left and so did I.

Back on route 201 I killed a Starly, because I still couldn't get any pokeballs this early in the game. But Ketchup lvl'd up though and learned Ember, nice. I walked through Sandgem Town and healed Ketchup quick. But as soon as I got into route 202, Dawn stood there, waiting for me. She showed me how to catch a pokemon... I mean COME ON... I KNOW HOW TO CATCH A POKEMON... So I kind of fell asleep and when I woke up she was done... After that I FINALLY got pokeballs from her. I finally could catch some Male pokemon. So I went back to route 201 to catch a pokemon, hoping to be a Male pokemon...

I was on route 201, walked into the grass and... A MALE STARLY APPEARED. I had to catch it and so I tried. Scratch, half HP left. I threw a Pokeball, 1, 2, 3... AND CAUGHT!! Starly was named: Donut. Just a random food-like name... XD. Anyways, I fought some pokemon on route 201 to train Donut and Ketchup, bought some potions and pokeballs, continued training, Donut lvl'd up to lvl 4, almost died by another Starly (1 HP left O.o), but lvl'd up to 5 and learned Quick Attack, healed Donut fast at the Pokemon Center, continued training, Etc... Etc... So basically I leveled Donut to lvl 7. Then I continued to catch my hopefully third pokemon. I ran all the way to route 202 after I healed again. When I came on route 202, the first thing I encountered was a... FEMALE BIDOOF... D*mn it! So I killed the thing with Ketchup and lvl'd up to 8. Then I fought some trainer person. 2HKO his Starly with Ember. Walked some more only to find more trainers... Some girl with a Bidoof. But the Bidoof also got 2HKOed by Ember. He leveled up to 9 and I gave him a potion to restore his health. (He also learned Taunt when he got lvl 9.) After the battle of that girl, I walked into the grass... And a Shinx MALE came... I wish he just came sooner, now I had to kill it with Ketchup. After that some trainer came to see if he could win. He had a rare Burmy, I killed it with Donut. Then I did my first steps into the big city, the city called: Jubilife City... (Oh and I found some Stardust :D) That's where I saved...

-------------------------------------

Number of Gym Badges: 0

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 0

-:Party:-
  • Ketchup the Chimchar, Lvl 9 Male (Starter)
  • Donut the Starly, Lvl 7 Male (Route 201)

-:Box:-
  • None.

-:Graveyard:-
  • None. (Let's keep it this way.)

~Echo. (~Micro.)
Old 05-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Syas Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Syas Send a message via Yahoo to Syas

Sounds like you are off to a good start!

BW Friend Code: 1420 7304 0029
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Oh! I'll be following this ^^
The gender rule is a neat one, a nice gamble with luck!

Mew, Meow, Nya

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 05-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Micro Offline

Sorry that it takes so long, but I've bad news...

I QUIT WITH THE NUZLOCKE!! Nah, I'm just gone for 5-6 days... So yeah... Hope you all forgive me... XD

~Echo. (~Micro.)
Closed Thread