Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

View Poll Results: Which one?
Disco's Whimsicott 4 13.79%
-Pichu Boy-'s Pichu 0 0%
BlueJello's Shiny Bulbasaur 4 13.79%
Tombi's Shiny Manectric 0 0%
Agumonman's Arbok 0 0%
PapaLuLu27's Darumaka 5 17.24%
Mawile Rock's Porygon2 1 3.45%
Graceful Suicune's Scolipede 15 51.72%
Kuitaran's Lucario 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2011, 03:08 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default .:~*POLL: Sprite of the Week #10*~:.

.:~*Logo by Tombi.*~:.

The poll for this SotW round. Voting will close next week (May 6, 2011), and the winner will be announced here.

Please note, however, that there is one main rule to really consider: You cannot vote for yourself. How will I know, you ask? Well, you see...I have set it so that I--and everyone else--can see who voted for what. So, heh. Also, the severity of the consequence for doing so will depend. If you did the first time intentionally then you will be verbally noted and warned/encouraged not to do this again; if you do this again intentionally, you will be disqualified. And then if you do it AGAIN after that, you will be banned from participating in the next SotW. Sorry, but I personally don't have much tolerance for such a thing....

The best thing is that we had a LOT of participation this time around; the most we've had in a while. Please keep this up, because the more people the more competition (sorta) and the more interesting things can get.

The entrants are as follows!

Disco's entry:

Whimsicott

-Pichu Boy-'s entry:

Pichu

BlueJello's entry:

Shiny Bulbasaur (Female--like May's Bulbasaur from the anime.)

Tombi's entry:

Shiny Manectric

Agumonman's entry:

Arbok

PapaLuLu27's entry:

Darumaka (...You are SO lucky I was aware of the fact that you fixed this. xD; )

Mawile Rocks' entry:

Porygon2

Graceful Suicune's entry:

Scolipede

Kuitaran's entry:

Lucario

-------------------------------------
I also may make trophies for 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place winners. Though, what's even the point of this if there's no thread to show them off in?
Yeah, that's right: as soon as this poll closes next Friday, I'll make a thread (I dunno if it'll be okay if I post it in this sub-forum, though....) that will allow everyone to showcase their placements, starting with SotW #10.

Also, I won't post all my critiques to begin with; if you want my opinion, please post here or send me a message or something. A little overwhelmed with all the entries this time around, really.

Please feel free to post here with your opinions; some constructive feedback is also greatly encouraged.

edit: Also wanted to mention: whoever has been stickying these threads, I thank you! ^^b

Last edited by Speed-X; 05-01-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:57 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: .:~*POLL: Sprite of the Week #10*~:.

As a general statement, I'd advise people to very carefully watch their outlines, and ensure that they are rounded nicely or just shaped smoothly. Also, try to stick with the sprite's original shading, and then add and change it to suit the pixel over. Adding more shades is often much more effective than keeping the ridiculously small amount of shades used in the original sprites. Don't think of them as sprites anymore, but as pictures. This will help.

I'm voting for BlueJello's bulbasaur, mainly because of the vast improvement and commitment he showed when aiming to perfect his pixel over. x)

Well done to everyone else too. :D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

I voted for Xanthe's Scolipede. It's just amazing o.o and I really like how it was shaded. :]

Good luck to all the competitors. They all look great!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:55 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

I vote for -Pichu Boy-'s, 'cause it's the best there and just absolutely amazing and everything.

Voting for PapaLuLu's, because it's just looks so huggable :3
Old 05-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Disco Offline

Papapapapapaaaa.

Because the colours are incredibly sexy.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 AM
PapaLuLu27 Offline

Send a message via MSN to PapaLuLu27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
PapaLuLu27's entry:

Darumaka (...You are SO lucky I was aware of the fact that you fixed this. xD; )
Are you sure you don't mean that for BlueJello, cause I posted mine again in the thread xD Voting for BlueJello because it looks great, and I like the artistic liberties. I liked Disco's too, but I felt that shape and outline of the cotton was a bit dodgy. The Scolipede was well-sprited but I don't really like Scolipede's design or colours *shot*. I liked most of these entries, it's mainly just the outline I'm picking on. Some (Tombi, Agumonman) are coloured weirdly, some (-Pichu Boy-, Kuitaran) are shaped weirdly and I'm just not too big a fan of the Porygon 2's pillow-shaded look. But it was a good round, withlots of entries (I saw the sot9 voting thread too and it hardly compares to this) ~c:
Old 05-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

*Brow raise* Why did Mawile vote for herself? It may have been a misclick, but still...
Old 05-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Randor Send a message via Yahoo to Randor Send a message via Skype™ to Randor

PapaLuLu gets my vote, I love the glossy bold color he gives his sprite he made.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
Are you sure you don't mean that for BlueJello, cause I posted mine again in the thread xD Voting for BlueJello because it looks great, and I like the artistic liberties. I liked Disco's too, but I felt that shape and outline of the cotton was a bit dodgy. The Scolipede was well-sprited but I don't really like Scolipede's design or colours *shot*. I liked most of these entries, it's mainly just the outline I'm picking on. Some (Tombi, Agumonman) are coloured weirdly, some (-Pichu Boy-, Kuitaran) are shaped weirdly and I'm just not too big a fan of the Porygon 2's pillow-shaded look. But it was a good round, withlots of entries (I saw the sot9 voting thread too and it hardly compares to this) ~c:
Nah, I'm pretty sure I don't. ^^; Unless I didn't see it, I don't recall seeing it reposted in the SotW thread. *shrug* Bluejello did repost his by editing his post, though.

Quote:
*Brow raise* Why did Mawile vote for herself? It may have been a misclick, but still...
Good question actually, Bluejello. O-o I sent her a VM asking if it was accidental or intentional; hopefully it was the former and not the latter. ^^;
Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 AM
PapaLuLu27 Offline

Send a message via MSN to PapaLuLu27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
I saw that too, but I thought it would be rude to point it out :x

@Speed-X: So BlueJello did edit it in. I skip posts as much as you do xD
Old 05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

I voted for Gracefull's. Papa's was a close second, though.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Speed-X Offline

Well, despite the fact that this poll closes at 9:00 PM or so for some odd reason, I need to conclude this and post up the winners. I suppose that, yes, whether I currently have all the different kinds of trophies done or not, maybe SotW could have a winner's hall of fame a bit like BotW does. I'm also planning on requesting an unsticky for the SotW discussion thread, since I honestly don't know if I should have made it anyhow, though. ^^;

So, yeah. Thanks to everyone who participated!