Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang
Default Has anything annoyed you yet?

My one gripe at the moment is the Encounter rate...
Does it seem a little high to anyone else?
Sure I used to get the occasional encounter after just one step on the other games, but on White, I'm lucky if I get to even face another direction.
I think all my funds will be going on Repels...

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Old 03-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Has anything annoyed you yet?

My pokemon are eating potions like candy. I've never had to use this many items my whole life o.o
That, and somehow Normal types seem to have superpowers now against most elements, at least compared to in all the other games...
Geesh, Jigglypuff could be a pokemon queen here and have endless singing stages as far as the eye could see -.-

(You know, for once I don't think Ash being suddenly new trainer weak at the start of an anime season is that far fetched. The old levels might actually be different o.o)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

No where to train once you beat the game for the first time is a drag too.
My monsters were all in their 40's and 50's...
Now I have to fight really high monsters in new areas or low levels in Victory Road.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Old 03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
MichaelArch Offline
Master Trainer

I'm fighting the new lv 60+ trainers and I went from all pokes being around 48 to being 53.
They still battle like they're trying to let you win.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

The battle zooming bothers me. >_> Why emphasize the limited graphics... Seeing the back of my pogey all pixelated during every fight is an eyesore.

And yeah... I feel like the game is harder. Not sure how I feel about that yet. D:
Old 03-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

every pkmn that pops out i see as a chance to get better. in this game i use repels Only if I see a shaking bush off in the distance. that way i can get to it better.

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Acer-V Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Acer-V

Only a few minor things for me:
- I agree, the encounter rate is a bit high.

- I also agree about the Normal-type superpowers comment. I fear going in battles against Herdiers. Every time they use take down, my Pokemon is either fainted or in the red.

- A lot of the places are REALLY element heavy. Example: I've been trying to train a water type (the turtle fossil; can't think of the name) around Dustveil and 90% of the Pokemon around there are Grass type. Guess who faints every couple of battles...

- Though they're decent for experience, there are way too many battles with Cheren and Bianca. I feel like I've fought at least one of them every 30 minutes since I started the game.

- In a sorta good/sorta bad way, the game is really linear (at least thus far). It's nice to know where you need to go next, but aside from catching a few new pokemon, there really isn't anything that has given me a desire to just go exploring like in the old days.

I guess that's about it for me. Sorry if it was lengthy...

Visit me on deviantART: http://acer-v.deviantart.com/
Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Master Zorua Offline

My gripe is the frequency in the opponents' use of Protect and Detect. Most often they have been able to pull them off twice, even a few times three times in a row successfully! Normally, you'd have trouble linking two Detects/Protects in a row. Also, an age-old gripe of mine, the number of times gym leaders/rivals/elite 4's use of potions during fights! They seem to rely on these more than previous games.

Also, not being able to transfer Pokemon from previous gens until much later in the game is annoying.

Last edited by Mewcario; 03-09-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Skylands Offline

- Most of the game music
- No move tutors
- Wild Pokemon encounter rate (it has increased)
- Not getting the running shoes right away in the game
- Triple battles
Old 03-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Disco Offline

The only thing that's really bothering me is confusion. You pretty much have NO chance of ever, ever, ever getting a hit through if you are confused.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

The very fact that I have a life to live and I cannot continue living it because of this godamn addictive game.

- Long live Negima!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via MSN to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_Dragon_Mew

The encounter rate can get fairly annoying when I'm trying to get through someplace without dying or my pokemon can't handle it by itself, like a ghost type against a Minccino, but I keep finding a wild poke every other step.

How long going into the buildings seems to take now. I understand they need to load the data for the inside, but is zooming in on it in slow motion really necessary? Does loading the data really take that long? And why not do it for exiting too, since there's more data required for that.

Lack of old pokemon. I personally think it's nice to have a Pikachu or something I know how to use to help me along with those I've never used before.

Overabundance of Pikachu when it's not catchable in-game. Couldn't they have done Emolga, or Minccino, or something actually native to Unova?

The pixally sprites during battles and in the overworld, as well as some of the camera angles, are somewhat of a minor annoyance, because overall I think the graphics were fairly well done, even if the camera angles are more show-offy and a hindrance than actually aiding you.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Not liking the overworld sprites of characters in the game. The ladies in that Kid Day Care Center arms were kind of strange to look at.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

The kindergartener trainer class. Why the heck does a four-year old have a level 20-something Pokemon when I have to wait to get my level five starter at the age of thirteen?

Also, I hate the loading, not only for going into buildings, but also between a lot of routes. It is a far cry from the glory days of zipping through route gates in under five seconds.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 03-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm.Angel View Post
The kindergartener trainer class. Why the heck does a four-year old have a level 20-something Pokemon when I have to wait to get my level five starter at the age of thirteen?

Also, I hate the loading, not only for going into buildings, but also between a lot of routes. It is a far cry from the glory days of zipping through route gates in under five seconds.
Maybe fighting pokemon has no age range, but owning one of the starters and beating the gyms does?
It could be, if you decide you want to be a trainer, that from a certain age they take away any pokemon you had before then, to make it a fair starting point for everyone at 15....

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Closed Thread