Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 11:20 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default sammy0295 vs. 3m0d0ll -- sammy0295 wins by DQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
Single, 3 Pokemon
DQ: Three Days
Damage Caps: None
Restrictions: No OHKOs- Includes Perish Song and Destiny Bond
Arena: Abandoned Stadium
What was once a football stadium now lays in ruins. The grass has grown wild, tall and uneven; the seats falling apart and rusted. The field lays open and undisturbed, just waiting for one last event to rival its former glory.
Ref Style: Open
Challenger posts it please

Banette
Ability: Cursed Body
No Sig. Move.

EDIT: LOL THIS WAS POSTED AT 4:20 ♥

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-06-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:51 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295
Default Re: OPEN BATTLE: sammy0295 vs. 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
EDIT: LOL THIS WAS POSTED AT 4:20 ♥
:) 7:20 here though...

I'll send

[Flare] Flareon ♀
Ability: Flash Fire

Curse ~ Fire Fang

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!

Last edited by sammy0295; 07-23-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:58 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Right. Start off with a Rain Dance, then use Toxic.

Rain Dance~Toxic.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Prebattle

The wind whistled quietly over the hills, bringing clouds over the ancient-looking stadium nestled in the dip between a pair of rises. There had once been a bustling city here, with this stadium as its sports arena, but now this monolith was all that remained. In it were a pair of Trainers, ready to fight, to make the stadium come back to life, if only for a short while.

One of them, a younger girl, let fly a Pokeball which released something as phantasmal as the beam it rode on. The grey marionette's face was split by a gold zipper that eerily mimicked the grin of an ax-murderer. A long crest swung behind the Banette's head, drifting like hair in the breeze, and it held its draping arms out before it like a zombie as it floated.

The other, a teenage boy, made the choice of loosing an orange fox. Its muzzle was short and tipped with a twitching black nose, the same color as its intelligent, shining eyes. The long hair on its neck, tail, and head was golden, and it curled elegantly into a texture rather like wool. The Flareon growled in excitement and flexed its graceful paws. It turned toward Banette and the two stares - one glowing red and the other a rich dark brown - met in readiness for the coming battle.

3m0d0ll

[-] Banette (F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Rain Dance ~ Toxic

sammy0295

[Flare] Flareon (F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Curse ~ Fire Fang

Round One

Flare and Banette were matched in speed, but someone had to move first, and since the tie of quickness wouldn't last for very long, Flare figured it may as well be her moving first. She sat down on the sparse grass and closed her eyes, drawing in energy.

A miasma of pink-and-black energy soon surrounded Flare. The energy thrummed and glowed, pulsating like a heartbeat. It gathered around Flare, filling her body and making her power grow. The fox smiled as she felt her claws sharpening, her muscles strengthening, her nerves steeling. Her body was full of energy, coursing with the power... but as the black energy filled Flare, she felt, too, a dulling of her reflexes. She knew she would be significantly slower now, but she could cope. The new strength she felt would be a significant help to her, after all.
[Curse: Flare, -4% Energy, +1 ATK, +1 DEF, -1 SPD]

Banette was next, and as she watched Flare boosting herself, she knew that she would have to hinder the Flareon in some way, at least. Gathering up some energy of her own, Banette lifted her hands and face to the sky. She closed her eyes and used the wind to drift eerily around, hoping to catch the eye of Arceus with her slow, crude dance. She moved and drifted for about half a minute before the cloudy sky clouded blacker, and fat raindrops began to pour from the sky. The drops fizzled through Banette's body, but Flare was soaked to the skin - and furious about it - in seconds. The Flareon began to steam, and to growl.
[Rain Dance: Banette, -7% Energy]

Banette was ready to attack again as the rain fell. She stretched her hands out even further before her, and a sphere of purple energy formed there. Instead of remaining as energy, however, it turned into a thick pile of disgusting purple sludge that dripped and fizzed and steamed ominously in the rain. Banette grinned coldly and threw the glob of goop at Flare. The Flareon, what with her dull reflexes, had no time to dodge. The poison coated her fur, seeping into her skin and then her bloodstream. The rain had washed her clean in a few seconds, but by then the damage had been done.
[Toxic: Banette, -6% Energy; Flare, + TOX]

Flare was spitting angry at that point. She snarled at Banette, drawing her body into a compact crouch. She then sprang at Banette - and her low speed was still quite enough to get her there. The fire boiled in her guts, and, while it was slightly quenched by the rain, Flare's jaws began to glow with bright orange and red flames that swirled around her teeth. She latched onto Banette and gripped, hard, making Banette shriek like a banshee as fiery pain spread through the limb. Flare let go after a few seconds, but not before she had left her mark. Banette was hissing with how much the flames stung. In her ancient, clever mind, Banette vowed revenge on the smug Fire-Type.
Fire Fang: Flare, -2% Energy; Banette, -9% HP]

3m0d0ll

[-] Banette (F)
Health: 91%
Energy: 83%

sammy0295

[Flare] Flareon (F)
Health: 98%
Energy: 94%
Status: Soaked to the skin and pretty aggravated. [ATK +1, DEF +1, SPD -1, TOX]

Notes
Toxic's Accuracy Roll was 41, with 1-90 hitting.
Fire Fang's Accuracy Roll was 38, with 1-95 hitting.
Fire Fang's Effect Roll was 93, with 1-10 Burning Banette.
Rain Dance will end at the end of next round.
In case you're wondering why so little Energy was taken off of Flare, it's because the BP of Fire-Type attacks is halved, rather than the damage. :/

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-13-2011, 04:28 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Nice work, Banette. Now lets go in for a double-Hex. If you're tormented, use Thunderwave in the second action. If she Protects, Detects, or dodges at anytime during the Round, use Calm Mind.

Hex/Calm Mind~Hex/Thunderwave/Calm Mind
Old 06-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Sammy0295, you have 24 hours to post your moves or you will be disqualified!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:14 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Sorry, I missed this.
Sunny Day ~ Fire Fang

Old 07-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

3m0d0ll

[-] Banette (F)
Health: 91%
Energy: 83%
Hex/Calm Mind ~ Hex/Thunder Wave/Calm Mind

sammy0295

[Flare] Flareon (F)
Health: 98%
Energy: 94%
Status: Soaked to the skin and pretty aggravated. [ATK +1, DEF +1, SPD -1; TOX]
Sunny Day ~ Fire Fang

Round Two

Banette eyed Flare's poison-and-cold-freaking-rain-induced shivers with a mixture of contempt and triumph. She knew what the perfect thing to do to her foe would be: taking advantage of the Flareon's toxin-riddled torture.

Banette began to chant slowly, words that sounded to Flare like ugly curses but that sounded just like "Banette" over and over again to the humans. As Banette's chanting grew faster, a haze of purple energy began to form between her palms. The energy began to glow, reshaping itself into a vague, purple-and-black orb. Then several things happened at once: Banette's eyes suddenly lit up red, her chanting peaked in a final loud wail, and a huge, fierce-looking slitted eye appeared out of the fog of purple. The eye blinked, then glared at Flare, who looked absolutely stricken with terror. The eye glowed, and a volley of glowing blue rings came off of it, flying at Flare. The fiery fox was slammed to her knees - so to speak - by the power of the attack. Her whole body ached with pain, which was coupled and amplified by the poison burning her veins.
[Hex: Banette, -4% Energy; Flare, -12% HP]

Flare got steadily to her paws. She felt tired and cold, and she glared up hatefully at the baleful rain clouds above her. She was annoyed at how Banette had insisted upon darkening the skies above this crumbling arena with rain. Flare decided to do something about it. She concentrated on her prowess with flame, feeling heat rising up into her throat and then her jaws. She opened her mouth slightly to reveal a small nugget of gold light, which her snout sheltered from the steady torrent from above. Her every breath further served to stoke the flame in her mouth and grow it; once it was big enough, Flare lifted her muzzle to the sky and sent the orb of flame flying at the clouds. There was a light, and in seconds the storm set out for parts unknown while the sun came out, making the dilapidated stadium look more stark and less eerie in the star's shining rays.
[Sunny Day: Flare, -7% Energy]

Banette was minorly annoyed about the light - she was a Pokemon of darkness, shadows, and mystery - but she refused to let it bother her too much. Instead, she focused on making her opponent suffer. She raised her hands and began the chant again, forming the ball of purple-black energy which made Flare snarl with dread and loathing. Once again, Banette's eyes lit in tune with her wail and with the opening of the hex-casting eye. This time, the rays released were a richer shade of indigo, but the pain remained the same. The rings burned through Flare's vulnerable and rather shell-shocked body, making her feel sick inside.
[Hex: Banette, -4% Energy; Flare, -12% HP]

But Flare knew that she had to and could push her discomfort aside in order to help her Trainer be victorious. She had lost a good bit of time, to be sure, but that did not mean that there was no catching up. The heat of the sun was making her feel stronger, and she could feel it magnifying the flame inside her. She smiled confidently, then lunged at Banette just as she had done before. Her jaws were wide open, and as Banette watched the little fox approach, she saw that Flare's jaws were suddenly glowing and rippling with blazing red flames. Flare sank her fiery teeth into Banette's arm, causing the ghostly 'mon to howl and writhe with the pain as it blazed - quite literally - all through the limb. Battete shrieked, tossing her arm out as hard as she could. Flare released and skidded through the grass, smirking as she left Banette to nurse her fire-touched arm. Flare smirked, for she had done as the Sunny-D commercials commanded. She had unleashed the power of the sun.
[Fire Fang: Banette, -42% HP; Flare, -5% Energy]

3m0d0ll

[-] Banette (F)
Health: 49%
Energy: 75%

sammy0295

[Flare] Flareon (F)
Health: 69%
Energy: 82%
Status: Smug and suddenly thirsty for Sunny-D. [ATK +1, DEF +1, SPD -1; TOX]

Ref Notes
Hex's Crit Rolls were 73 and 72, with 1-6.26 Critting.
Fire Fang's Accuracy Roll was 65, with 1-95 hitting.
Fire Fang's Effect Rolls were 34 and 98, with 1-10 Burning and 1-10 Flinching Banette, respectively.
Sunny Day will end at the end of the next round.
That Fire Fang was INSANE, but Flare's Attack was turned up to 10 and the damage was being doubled by Sunny Day. :/ Just be thankful it wasn't a Crit, Jen.

sammy0295, your moves please.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:55 AM
sammy0295 Offline

I must say, I do love Fire Fang. Let's use it again, then get rid of the Toxic.
Fire Fang ~ Heal Bell

Old 07-03-2011, 01:35 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Counter the Fire Fang, then use Rest.

Counter~Rest.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

3m0d0ll

[-] Banette (F)
Health: 49%
Energy: 75%
Moves: Counter~Rest

sammy0295

[Flare] Flareon (F)
Health: 69%
Energy: 82%
Moves: Fire Fang~Heal Bell

Round III

Flareon, ignoring her lower speed, jumped into action immediately. She focused her energy into the form of fire, and felt it build to a scorching temperature. She then coated her fangs in the fire, and rushed towards the ghost floating before her. The sun beating down on the arena only intensified the flames, and when Flare sank her teeth into the Banette’s other arm, the heat of her attack flared and the Banette shrieked once again in pain, flinging her arm around to rid herself of the Flareon attached to her.
(Flareon > -5 Energy; Banette > -26 HP)

Rather than flinging the Flareon off, however, Banette’s body began to glow orange and she felt the pain from the Fire Fang surging through her, and going back into her arm where Flare was still attached. Focusing on that, Banette pushed all of her pain into that spot. Flare’s eyes opened wide in surprise, and tried to let go and jump back. Banette didn’t allow that however, instead surging the pain from her arm to Flare with a burst of her own energy, sending the Flareon flying back where she landed hard on her side and skidded to a stop.
(Banette > -18 Energy; Flareon > -52 HP)

Banette doubled over from exhaustion and pain after she sent Flare flying. She had just realized how battered she had become, and decided that maybe it was a good time to take a small nap. Backing away from Flare, she sat down and closed her eyes. Shortly, she was fast asleep, and some of her worse wounds were starting to look a little better. As long as she remained asleep, she would feel much better when she woke up.
(Banette > -8 Energy, +20 HP, SLP)

Flare watched her opponent fall asleep, and decided to take a hint from her and heal herself a little bit. Sitting up, she relaxed her stance and focused on the toxin hurting her. The Flareon’s body began to glow blue, and she opened her mouth to emit blue sound waves. Each wave sounded like bells chiming, and it soothed Flare. The sound waves bounced off the walls of the stadium, and reflected back onto Flare. As the sounds calmed her, the Flareon felt the toxin in her body disappearing and she was ready to jump back into the fight.
(Flareon > -7 Energy, cured of TXN)

Arena Notes:
Sunny Day has ended.

Ref Notes:
Flareon uses Fire Fang (7/10 1 for BRN, 3/10 1 for flinch, 22/100 95 or less to hit, 8820/10,000 625 or less for CH, 9/10 Cursed Body 1-3 to disable the move)
Banette uses Counter (26*2 = 52 damage, 5475/10,000 for CH)
Banette uses Rest (+20 HP, asleep for 2 rounds)
Flareon uses Heal Bell (Cured of TXN)

3m0d0ll

[-] Banette (F)
Health: 43%
Energy: 50%

sammy0295

[Flare] Flareon (F)Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 17%
Energy: 70%

Jenn will post her moves next, then sammy.

I have calculated, and recalculated, and Fire Fang does not come out to 25% damage at all. It is 17. 65 BP + STAB = 17. 17 x 1.5 = 26. Earlier in the match, Velocity calculated a Fire Fang during Rain. 17 x .5 = 9. If it had done 25% damage, then in Rain it would have been 13%. I don't see how you are getting 25%

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D

Last edited by Beartic Tundra; 07-04-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:38 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Math is all messed up, hun. xD

1) If I lost 26% Health from Fire Fang, then Flareon should take 53% damage from Counter. :/ Where did the 17 in your notes come from?

2) Banette should've taken 38% damage from Fire Fang, since it normally does 25%, then you multiply that by 1.5 and round up. :/ Meaning that Counter accurately did 76% damage and Flareon is KO'd.

3) 49 - 26 from Fire Fang = 23 + 20 from Rest = 43, not 32. :/

These changes need to be made before I can post my moves, as Sammy needs to send out his next Pokemon; Banette hasn't used Rest yet--this Round was only two actions, one from each battler. Once Sammy sends out his next 'Mon, then Banette uses Rest.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
Math is all messed up, hun. xD

1) If I lost 26% Health from Fire Fang, then Flareon should take 53% damage from Counter. :/ Where did the 17 in your notes come from?

2) Banette should've taken 38% damage from Fire Fang, since it normally does 25%, then you multiply that by 1.5 and round up. :/ Meaning that Counter accurately did 76% damage and Flareon is KO'd.

3) 49 - 26 from Fire Fang = 23 + 20 from Rest = 43, not 32. :/

These changes need to be made before I can post my moves, as Sammy needs to send out his next Pokemon; Banette hasn't used Rest yet--this Round was only two actions, one from each battler. Once Sammy sends out his next 'Mon, then Banette uses Rest.

If you would see the edit in my above post, and explain to me how I am wrong. I checked the compendium and someone had been checking math like this battle, and they had Flamethrower's BP = 25% damage. So I'm not sure what is going on, but Fire Fang does not do that much.

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 07-04-2011, 07:23 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Ah, I get what happened; the Compendium was somehow messed up, and I just re-calculated it and it does 17%. Glad that it's all straightened out now. ^__^

"Alright, since we're sleeping, there isn't much we can do at this point other than Sleep Talk. So we'll spam that and hope for something good! :D"

Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:44 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Wish ~ Sunny Day

Closed Thread