Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 03:30 AM
CrissXCross038 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Scyther with eviolite

I'm trying to make a good scyther with eviolite move set and stat spread. I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions. Now i Lso know it's nessasary to have roost as one of the moves but idk how to teach scyther roost in pokemon black because it doesn't learn it by lvl up and it can't be egg moved. Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:56 PM
KKranberry Offline

Default Re: Scyther with eviolite

To get a Scyther with Roost in Gen V, you have to get it in Gen IV, teach it Roost by TM, and transfer it over to Black/White.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Scyther@Eviolite
Jolly (Technician)
252Att/252Spe/6HP
Swords Dance/Agility
Bug Bite
Ariel Ace
Brick Break/Quick Attack/Roost

Sweepy Scyther with Eviolite for bulk. Choose your boosting move of choice and attack with your dual STAB. I'd really go with Brick Break in the final slot so steels don't wall you, but priority or Roost can also work.

Scizor@Eviolite
Jolly (Technician)
248HP/252Spe/8Def
Swords Dance/Agility
Baton Pass
Substitute/Roost
Bug Bite/Ariel Ace

Bulky baton pass. Use your boosting move of choice then shift it over to a team mate. Substitute blocks status and Dragon Tail and can also be passed along, while Roost increases your longevity. Finally a STAB move rounds out the set. Arial Ace is better in OU, Bug Bite is better in UU and Ubers.

You can't really go any more defensive than that BP set, Eviolite is nice and all but Scyther doesn't have the typing or stats to act as an actual tank. As said above, Scyther gets Roost through Gen 4 breeding. Since there's nothing to gain in Gen 5 breeding, get your Scyther in DPP before shipping it over.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

I don't believe in Scyther, with or without Eviolite. His typing is absolutely horrible... weaknesses to fire, ice, electric, flying and 4x rock is really bad, though 4x resistance vs fighting is very good in current metagame. Also, you lose a Stab priority move, along with 25 base attack. Also, Scizor has 20 more base defence so half of your Eviolite bonus doesn't really matter anymore.

Roost can only be obtained by TM in gen IV. If you only have Black/White, u can't get it. However, I think there gonna be movetutors in Pokemon 'Grey' so maybe one day u can still get it. Also, I see some people here talk about Aerial Ace. It's pretty good with Technician Boost (135 base) which is the biggest plus about Scyther, alongside good speed.

Whatever you do, make sure not to use X-Scissor but Bug Bite because of the Technician boost. Also, I strongly recommend Swords Dance, Jolly nature and maybe even Focus Sash... good luck!!

Old 06-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKING View Post
I don't believe in Scyther, with or without Eviolite. His typing is absolutely horrible... weaknesses to fire, ice, electric, flying and 4x rock is really bad, though 4x resistance vs fighting is very good in current metagame. Also, you lose a Stab priority move, along with 25 base attack. Also, Scizor has 20 more base defence so half of your Eviolite bonus doesn't really matter anymore.

Roost can only be obtained by TM in gen IV. If you only have Black/White, u can't get it. However, I think there gonna be movetutors in Pokemon 'Grey' so maybe one day u can still get it. Also, I see some people here talk about Aerial Ace. It's pretty good with Technician Boost (135 base) which is the biggest plus about Scyther, alongside good speed.

Whatever you do, make sure not to use X-Scissor but Bug Bite because of the Technician boost. Also, I strongly recommend Swords Dance, Jolly nature and maybe even Focus Sash... good luck!!
-It also has a quad resist to Fighting and a Ground Immunity, two of the most common physical attacking types in OU, giving ample opportunities to switch in. Bug/Flying STAB are also excellent STAB moves in OU, hitting nine of the 10 most popular pokes for at least neutral and three of them for super effective damage. Bad defensive typing is not enough to hold an offensive pokemon back.
-A 0 Def Scyther with Eviolite has a higher defence stat than a 252 Def neutral natured Scizor
-This is a site with a substantial trading sub-forum, obtaining a 4th gen Scizor will be no problem
Old 06-08-2011, 07:55 AM
CrissXCross038 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Thanks for all of your input. Im probably going to find someone that will trade one to me because i do have platinum but i dont play it and i cant get scyther in it yet.