Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion
Default Blastoise or Jellicent?

After looking at http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/593.shtml I am starting to wonder if I should keep Blastoise.. or get a Jellicent..

Blastoise's stats
HP: 334
Attk: 264
Defense: 289
Sp. Attack: 249
Sp. Defense: 308
Speed: 202

Jellicent's most likely stats are already on the site..

Jellicent:
  1. Has recover
  2. Is Ghost and Water type
  3. Looks awesome
  4. Has ridiculously awesome special stats (Jellicent's attacks are mainly special moves)

Blastoise:
  1. Has amazing Defense stats
  2. Looks awesome
Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: Blastoise or Jellicent?

Blastoise has Roar, Dragon Tail and Rapid Spin for team support. If you aren't interested in forcing switches or removing entry hazards, Jellicent will be better in virtually every other situation.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

^ great feedback.
on another note i see things this way.

If you're hardcore old school you'll be happy with Blastoise

But if you're ok with change or the new Gen in general Jellicent isnt a bad choice.

Pokérus Empire
Old 06-07-2011, 03:15 PM
atucker22 Offline

They are both good, so it really comes down to personal favoritism. Personally, I would choose Blastoise, cause me and him go WAAAAAY back. Jellicent is better in intense competitive situations, but in-game, Blastoise is great
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

Blastoise is good, but IMO not better than some other mono-water Pokemon. Jellicent does have some very nice features, however it suffers from ghost and dark weakness BUT it is immune to normal AND fighting. Blastoise can be used as a physical AND special hitter, whereass Jellicent usually only can use special moves.

In cases like this, I think there are 2 main issues you need to think about:

1. In what team is it going to be used? What role do you want it have in this team? For example in Rain Dance teams, Jellicent is great because of its Water Absorb ability and you can Surf all the way. However, like Viva said nicely, Blastoise has acces to Roar and Rapid Spin. Blastoise also has Aqua Jet, which is very, very good IMO.

2. How do you want your pokemon to be: a sweeper that doesn't need support, a revenge killer? And: special or physical? Do you want it to be Bulky, and how? (high Def or high SpDef, balanced). Planning on using Calm Mind/Bulk Up or inflicting Status on your opponent and stuff like that? Think deeply about every aspect of your pokemon.

Then, if you know exactly what you need and want, compare both Pokemon by summing up their +'s and -'s.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:29 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Almost all of you are giving answers related to competitive battling. If you do wanna know for that, then follow the others advice. If not, I recommend getting a Jellicent, playing around with it a bit, and see if you like it, because ultimately, it's really down to what you like to use.

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Absol2000 Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pokemon Ninja View Post
After looking at http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/593.shtml I am starting to wonder if I should keep Blastoise.. or get a Jellicent..

Blastoise's stats
HP: 334
Attk: 264
Defense: 289
Sp. Attack: 249
Sp. Defense: 308
Speed: 202

Jellicent's most likely stats are already on the site..

Jellicent:
  1. Has recover
  2. Is Ghost and Water type
  3. Looks awesome
  4. Has ridiculously awesome special stats (Jellicent's attacks are mainly special moves)

Blastoise:
  1. Has amazing Defense stats
  2. Looks awesome
Mr. Pringles the Jellicent.
Tell me he doesn't look like the Pringles guy.

Furries are ridiculous.
If you happen to be a furry...
GTFO muh Interwebz.
I mean, <3?

This user's favorite Pokemon hobby is walking up and down Mode Street in Castelia City, bowling down pedestrians.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

If you feel nostalgic, Old School, Missing the memories, I'd go for Blastoise, But this isn't the only Reason.
Blastoise Has High Defense, So It would Stay in the battle long against Physical attacks. BUT, The most common Electric moves are Thunder and Thunderbolt, both Sp. Atk, so Defense doesn't cut it there. But, against Wild Charge or any other Grass or Electric Physical move, you would have a better chance.

If you don't mind Change, Like Ghost types, or just plain out Love Jellicent, Go For Jellicent.
It can have Cursed Body, which if the Attack that is used doesn't KO it, then It can't be used again. BUT, MOST Trainers have more than 1 move of the same type, such as you wouldn't want a Jolteon with only One Electric move, so Another move maybe used.

Or, you could just get the one you feel connected to most. :3 If you LOVE Jellicent, but Think Blastoise is good for battling, get Jellicent, becuase get the Pokemon YOU like best. It doesn't matter what I say, or anyone else in here says. Just get the one you like best, simple as that :) I Absolutley LOVE Cute Pokemon, So I get them. They may not be as strong, but they work for me the best, ya know?

To Sum it up, Both Have Weaknesses, and both are a Great Choice ;) Besides, I like to have 2 Water Pokemon on my Team so I don't have to load all the HM's on one or have to go back and get an HM Slave everytime I hit a Waterfall, Diving Spot, or Surfing Place.

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 06-10-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

after thinking and thinking... I am gonna stick with Blastoise, thanks for convincing me to stick with it. Good luck to all you who do hardcore battles.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 AM
CamCuthbertson Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol2000 View Post
Mr. Pringles the Jellicent.
Tell me he doesn't look like the Pringles guy.
They kind of look like the Pringles guy. In regards to Blastoise or Jellicent I would pick Blastoise.
Closed Thread