Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

View Poll Results: Are you happy with PE2K's new re-organisation of boards?
Yes 32 47.06%
No 36 52.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2011, 04:29 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
But this is kinda the problem. Some people are fussed about some things, and others about other things. Some people aren't going to be completely happy unless it reverts back to normal. :/
Surely the happiness of existing members is more important than trying to gain new ones?

I know the mods have said "This is final, it's not going back to the old format", but I just really don't see why we needed to fix something that wasn't broken. No-one had complained about forums being inactive. The people who did post in the forums which got merged were probably perfectly content with them being separated. The people who did have galleries in the Graphics board were probably fine with them being separate, and might not have particularly wanted their graphics to be thrown in with drawn art.

I'm just saying, this whole thing, as people have pointed out, has appeared to just be a "we're mods, we know what's best" approach. Back in February when Paperfairy first proposed it, surely it should've been a "well, we'll get the members' opinion on a shake-up first, then carry on from there" situation? Because, I mean, the fact that Paperfairy was the person who suggested it bugs me alone, because he's only recently come back from being inactive, right? But anyway, that's beside the point.

I just think, if the member involvement had been more focused on throughout a big change such as this, you'd have gotten the ideal layout first time.

Although, if this really is "nope, it's final", can you at least PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE put Art to the bottom of interactive, and Trivia/Games to the middle. Just because that change was so pointless, and just messes with people's heads.

Last edited by -Pichu Boy-; 06-23-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Surely the happiness of existing members is more important than trying to gain new ones?
You haven't been listening to the mods throughout this thread at all. This has nothing to do with 'newer members'. This change probably won't affect anything regarding sign ups at all. This was about removing the boards that were pointless and just generally neatening things up.

Quote:
I know the mods have said "This is final, it's not going back to the old format", but I just really don't see why we needed to fix something that wasn't broken.
Our current format isn't broken, either. I just think a few of you are being dramatic/picky.

Quote:
No-one had complained about forums being inactive. The people who did post in the forums which got merged were probably perfectly content with them being separated. The people who did have galleries in the Graphics board were probably fine with them being separate, and might not have particularly wanted their graphics to be thrown in with drawn art.
I don't see how the changes to the Art Boards or the RPGs are problems at all. Care to explain?

Quote:
I'm just saying, this whole thing, as people have pointed out, has appeared to just be a "we're mods, we know what's best" approach. Back in February when Paperfairy first proposed it, surely it should've been a "well, we'll get the members' opinion on a shake-up first, then carry on from there" situation? Because, I mean, the fact that Paperfairy was the person who suggested it bugs me alone, because he's only recently come back from being inactive, right? But anyway, that's beside the point.
You seem to still be in the mindset that this decision is final. It is not. The mods have never said 'you'll have to get used to it', they're saying 'give it a chance.'

Quote:
Although, if this really is "nope, it's final"
See above.

Quote:
can you at least PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE put Art to the bottom of interactive, and Trivia/Games to the middle. Just because that change was so pointless, and just messes with people's heads.
Why does the order of the boards make any difference whatsoever?

And to be honest, that positioning is probably better than the original. PE2K's focus is creativity (hence why we're pushing towards that with the Creative Dex). Therefore, the Art Boards should be above the Trivia and Games section, because the more important boards should be placed above the less important boards.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Hoshika Offline

Actually, if any mod has time, combine any drawn/other + graphics galleries in the art boards by artist/OP, and delete locked threads. It would actually look a lot less disorganized than it does right now.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:13 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post

Now do us all a favor and put the past behind you. You obviously don't realize what the mods are trying to do, and all you care about is pleasing yourself instead of looking at the big picture. Trust me when I say this, just calm down, take a step back, and look at everything again. You WILL have a different opinion once you do.

I mean heck, I started liking the new layout once I calmed down and looked at the bigger picture. It's not even THAT bad as you're making it out to be. My only complaint anymore is now getting remedied, and that was distinguishing threads in the art boards by giving them prefixes.
Jess... this is proof that you don't play any of the RPGs. xD You need to try to understand the RPG merge from my POV (as an ASB Official). Some of the Sub-forums are invisible from he index page. I know that that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is. It's huge. Those threads will be forgotten. And since you said earlier that you normally just hid those boards anyway, I honestly don't that that your opinion on the merge is as important as someone who participates there daily. ^^;

Wow, I sound kinda mean. DD; I love you, Jess. You know that, but I feel like something that is very important to me got messed up with out giving me time to prepare myself (a week isn't long enough, imo). It's like if someone came into your room and moved everything around: most of your stuff is still there, and if you spend some time going through your room, you'll be able to find everything like nothing ever happened, but it wasn't really necessary to change in the first place.

Mods and others keep saying that 'change was needed to keep PE2K alive', but I don't see how. :/ About five people have said that they're leaving because of the change, whether because people are fighting about it or just that it happened at all. How is that saving PE2K?

And about that 'Serebii is doing just fine' thing, well... the fact that it isn't as organized as PE2K used to me is exactly why I'm not an active member there. I think I have an account, but it has, like, 3 posts or something. xD It just looks like one big, huge mess to me. PE2K looks like that now, too. :/

@Hos: Galleries shouldn't be merged, imo, unless the owner says that they would like all their art in one place. Personally, I think that there should be a different gallery for the different types of art, even if it's all by the same person. xD Just so Sprite-crits aren't posting in a thread with banners and other stuff. :P
Old 06-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

@Gelatini Hang on... I swear I remember seeing one of the other mods post saying that the change was to attract new members...

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Hoshika Offline

I mean besides for the sprite galleries, since they have their own subforum now. I'll even get around to making a simulated version of what would happen if there are no available mods, but later. :p never mind it is extremely difficult
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Last edited by Hoshika; 06-23-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll
Jess... this is proof that you don't play any of the RPGs. xD You need to try to understand the RPG merge from my POV (as an ASB Official). Some of the Sub-forums are invisible from he index page. I know that that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is. It's huge. Those threads will be forgotten. And since you said earlier that you normally just hid those boards anyway, I honestly don't that that your opinion on the merge is as important as someone who participates there daily. ^^;
I still don't see how being hidden from the index board is a problem. All one needs to do is click whichever RPG they participate in and all the subforums are right there, as if they never moved. One click. That's all it takes.

Quote:
Mods and others keep saying that 'change was needed to keep PE2K alive', but I don't see how. :/ About five people have said that they're leaving because of the change, whether because people are fighting about it or just that it happened at all. How is that saving PE2K?
See, it's the leaving that is annoying me the most. If you leave just because the forum is disorganised, you probably weren't enjoying the forum too much in the first place.

So if you don't stay for the forum, what do you stay for? You stay for the community. I couldn't give a rats how the forums looked, so long as all my friends still posted and I could have a good time. It's why I don't often participate in other forums. Not because I dislike their forum; because you guys aren't there to enjoy it with me. <3

Besides, isn't that what the mods (HKim especially) emphasise the most? We're a community. A family, if you will. That is why I stay, and why I will stay for a long time coming. Sappy, I know, but it's true.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post

Wow, I sound kinda mean. DD; I love you, Jess. You know that, but I feel like something that is very important to me got messed up with out giving me time to prepare myself (a week isn't long enough, imo). It's like if someone came into your room and moved everything around: most of your stuff is still there, and if you spend some time going through your room, you'll be able to find everything like nothing ever happened, but it wasn't really necessary to change in the first place.
Well, looking at the ASB, that's easily solved since the hidden sub-boards only numbers to two. The Trainer Stats can go one of two ways:
1) It can be brought up front and made into one of the main sub-boards like the four that are already there.
2) There can be a stickied thread in the Headquarters for everyone to post in and edit. Yes, the post would get a little messy, but that was how it used to be when it was just the URPG before it was made into a board.

However, if you click one of the sub-boards that contains another one anyway, the Headquarters section for example, that hidden sub-board (Trainer Stats) is shown at the very top anyway. So in a sense, it's not really forgotten. It's up top where everyone can see it. :) However, I don't think that would be the first thing that someone looking to get interested in the ASB would click on, so it's not really a priority. It's there to keep track of records, correct? Everyone links to theirs anyway.

The Battles section though, I think a remedy to that would be to combine the regular battles and gym battles together (but the gym battles having [GYM] in the title), but have the tournaments stickied. Very easy solution, even if it may get slightly messy, but iirc that's how the URPG does it. However, if originality comes into play, it doesn't hurt to adopt a characteristic from another RPG.

And trust me, I used to be into the URPG. I used to LOOOOVE it. I wasn't an official ref, but in a sense I know how you feel. xD

However, if it's worrying about the URPG being cluttered, the sub-boards do appear at the top when you click on the board they're under. Those boards have so many sub-boards, it's hard to miss them. I can see where that is a problem in the ASB since only two boards have a sub-board each, but I think as you go along, you might end up adding more sub-boards to draw more attention. :)

I know the POL is safe LOL.

I luhs you too though. <3

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Giratina Offline

Hey, guys. Would it be welcome if I made a further suggestion for a subforum in this thread, instead of arguing over whether or not the re-sorting was a good idea? (I'm not terribly fond of it, but that's just because I'm a subforum addict, and seeing non-Pokémon roleplays mixed in with the Pokémon ones makes me want to claw my eyes out.)

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 06-23-2011, 06:51 PM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Hey, guys. Would it be welcome if I made a further suggestion for a subforum in this thread, instead of arguing over whether or not the re-sorting was a good idea? (I'm not terribly fond of it, but that's just because I'm a subforum addict, and seeing non-Pokémon roleplays mixed in with the Pokémon ones makes me want to claw my eyes out.)
There's no reason not to, although it may be more suited to the other thread.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 06-23-2011, 06:52 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Well, looking at the ASB, that's easily solved since the hidden sub-boards only numbers to two. The Trainer Stats can go one of two ways:
1) It can be brought up front and made into one of the main sub-boards like the four that are already there.

I don't feel hat it should. xD I don't think it's large enough to need it's own board.
Quote:
2) There can be a stickied thread in the Headquarters for everyone to post in and edit. Yes, the post would get a little messy, but that was how it used to be when it was just the URPG before it was made into a board.
When the ASB was in it's earlier stages, that's how it was done, then changed because some people had more than 40 Pokemon, so they wouldn't have a sprite for all of their stuff. c: I get that the image-per-post limit has been increased, but I think that it's easier this way anyway. :P
Quote:
However, if you click one of the sub-boards that contains another one anyway, the Headquarters section for example, that hidden sub-board (Trainer Stats) is shown at the very top anyway. So in a sense, it's not really forgotten. It's up top where everyone can see it. :) However, I don't think that would be the first thing that someone looking to get interested in the ASB would click on, so it's not really a priority. It's there to keep track of records, correct? Everyone links to theirs anyway.
Meh, it's hard to explain my feelings on this. :/ I know that it shows up, but, honestly, without the little orange icon appearing whenever there is a new post, I've somewhat forgotten about those threads. ^___^||| And because I've subscribed to them, so I get an email every night. <3
Quote:
The Battles section though, I think a remedy to that would be to combine the regular battles and gym battles together (but the gym battles having [GYM] in the title), but have the tournaments stickied. Very easy solution, even if it may get slightly messy, but iirc that's how the URPG does it. However, if originality comes into play, it doesn't hurt to adopt a characteristic from another RPG.
Not a half bad idea, but since Gym battles and Tournaments are a little bit more... 'high-stake', they're kinda spweshal. c: It'll also help de-clutter the Battle thread used for regular PvP battles and prevent battles that haven't been posted in in a while from being bumped down and baneshed to the world of 'Page 2'. *bum, bum, bum*
Quote:
I luhs you too though. <3
:'DD
Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
So you want to dump the ASB, URPG, and POL all together? xD Dude, just give it up... Sure, I'll miss the way things used to be, but saying, "I hate what you did, do it my way" when you have no right is like giving the middle finger to the Mods. And I'm sure everyone who commented wants it set-up a different way! Whether by having one section closer to the top or whatever. I mean, if I could arrange PE2K, I'd do it differently than you did :/ So saying that you speak for everybody when you propose a design-skeleton is crap. xD

EDIT:
If the Art section is either returned to something like it used to be (everything having its own sub-thread) or given prefixes, and the RPGs are separated, then I'll like it a whole lot more and I'll probably stop complaining. :P So yeah. Those are my only real issues with the new layout thus far.
Did you not read? No one has been complaining about those (at least, not from what I have read), so I did not include those in my suggestions. You should really pay attention mister 15 year old.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 06-23-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:25 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
You haven't been listening to the mods throughout this thread at all. This has nothing to do with 'newer members'. This change probably won't affect anything regarding sign ups at all. This was about removing the boards that were pointless and just generally neatening things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
People would look at our forum and see that boards weren't updated at all. And that discourages them from joining. Better to have a few active boards than many inactive ones.
Granted, this is from the other thread, but the point remains - the mods have said this was a bid to try and increase activity.

And if it ISN'T a bid to try and increase activity, then my point from before still stands. No-one had complained about the old layout, so why change it?

Quote:
Our current format isn't broken, either. I just think a few of you are being dramatic/picky.
'Either' means you just agreed that the old format wasn't broken, and thus not in need of 'fixing' or 'cleaning' of any kind.

Quote:
I don't see how the changes to the Art Boards or the RPGs are problems at all. Care to explain?
I don't see how this statement had anything to do with the quote, since I was saying "no-one complained, so why assume we don't like it?", but I'll answer anyway.

The Art Boards, like I said, I'm not fussed about. I don't go to them, and so their change doesn't affect me. The RPG boards are now all squished together into one category, when there was nothing wrong with them being all in separate categories. It makes navigating them a pain for some people. For example, if I'm looking at a thread, and I want to go back to the main URPG page thing, I clicked at the top 'Pokemon Elite 2000 Forum >> Pokemon Ultra RPG', and so got used to clicking the 2nd option. Now, whenever I click the 2nd option, I'm taken to all 3 RPGs. If a year of BMG's identical layout hasn't gotten me out of that habit, I seriously don't know what will.

Quote:
You seem to still be in the mindset that this decision is final. It is not. The mods have never said 'you'll have to get used to it', they're saying 'give it a chance.'
Actually, the mods have said the new layout is final, but they're open to slight changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
So while we will not be putting the forum back exactly how it was due to the amount of inactive boards, if you have concerns about a SPECIFIC change then we can definitely compromise if need be. =) I didn't like the changes at first either, but right now we honestly just don't have the activity to sustain the forum as it was.
Quote:
Why does the order of the boards make any difference whatsoever?

And to be honest, that positioning is probably better than the original. PE2K's focus is creativity (hence why we're pushing towards that with the Creative Dex). Therefore, the Art Boards should be above the Trivia and Games section, because the more important boards should be placed above the less important boards.
Double-edged sword - if it doesn't matter, why change it?

And if Art is so important, why is it not at the top? Seriously, I highly doubt that members will think "oh, Art's at the bottom, so it must not be that important" or words to that effect. I know I never did. In fact, I always assumed Ryan never really considered order and just had them in the order they were added.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Did you not read? No one has been complaining about those (at least, not from what I have read), so I did not include those in my suggestions. You should really pay attention mister 15 year old.
... that's the only thing I've got a problem with, and been complaining about. Also, age means nothing if you've not got the emotional maturity to back it up, which, from your posts, I'm doubting you have.

Last edited by -Pichu Boy-; 06-23-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Giratina Offline

Which other thread is that, SLC? I'm sorry, I'm honestly still kind of mixed up around some sections of PE2K. n_n"

Also, PE2K Voices: You have just committed the highest sin of Internet debating. There are plenty of perfectly intelligent people on this forum who are fifteen years old and younger, and elitism according to age should have been tossed out a long time ago. It just makes you look like you have no more legitimate responses, so you resort to immature tactics like that.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 06-23-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Wait for it ...

Quote:

My only real issue with the new layout is that I feel the ASB will be too squished. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fushigidane View Post
I agree with 3m0d0ll, but otherwise, it looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
I agree with 3m0d0ll. The URPG, ASB and POL should keep their own categories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayden Javlaíakín View Post
I do have to agree that keeping the URPG/ASB/POL boards separate is a good idea, though. Even if I'm not active in those forums at all, combining them into a single entity is bound to cause a few issues in terms of viewablility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
IMO URPG should still have its own section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
I believe they should be allowed to expand, atleast with their own boards, and not clustered into one as has been done. Yes, the activity for them isn't that great, but I feel there isn't really any kind of advertising for any of them, y'know, they aren't well known, even within PE2k. And the URPG is incredibly active, but almost everything happens ONLY on BMGf now, just because of the expansion, more newer members coming from BMGf, then PE2k is forgotten.

The way I see it, URPG is, or was, one of the bigger reasons why people joined here, it was original, and unique, and had been held here for so long, yet now, it's been almost completely rejected, in favour of BMGf. I'm not saying that the expansion was bad, or that the URPG should be removed from BMGf, I just feel more needs to be done to keep the URPG alive on here too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
Why change the RPGs into one? URPG deserves to hold a category all its own. I don't see why it deserves less, it's been here extremely long.

>Not in favor
k I'm done LOL.

(p.s. she's a girl)

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |

Last edited by Jessu; 06-23-2011 at 07:30 PM.