Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu
Default TCG Collector's Chat

Just wanted to know if anyone out there besides me collects the Pokemon cards. :3

The only cards I'm really interested in collecting are the first sets of a generation though, as well as the first card a Pokemon was printed on. xD

As for what I have, I'll break it down:
- I have all of the first gen
- Most of second gen
- Probably a third or less of the third gen
- I think like 7 cards from fourth gen xD
- And all of fifth gen that's released in English so far. :3

Although with the fifth gen, all I'm missing is ultra-rare Zekrom and American Samurott (the one promoted with the theme decks). Yes, I do have the Pikachu, and I found him in a booster pack a couple weeks ago. :3 I also have two ultra-rare Reshirams lololol. (EDIT: Just kidding I now have four kagkldfg. I STILL CAN'T GET ZEKROM LOL.)

I'm also currently going after the Wizards promos while I'm waiting for the next BW set to come out here in August. As for the first gen, I'm trying to replace any Base Set 2 cards with the original Base Set cards. I don't have that many left to do, but I do have a reverse-holo Nidoking from the Legendary Collection worth mentioning. xD

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |

Last edited by Jessu; 06-28-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:59 AM
Spiderc Offline

Send a message via AIM to Spiderc
Default Re: Any TCG collectors?

Unfortunately I just traded away my full-art Zekrom or else I'd be able to get to you... D=

I personally play more than I collect and the two often conflict with each other >.> I actually had a good number of the Black and White cards (yay prereleases), but ended up trading a lot of them away to working on improving my deck. I really don't have a ton of old cards either, because I took a break from the TCG after Neo Genesis and didn't really start again until Call of Legends.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderc View Post
Unfortunately I just traded away my full-art Zekrom or else I'd be able to get to you... D=

I personally play more than I collect and the two often conflict with each other >.> I actually had a good number of the Black and White cards (yay prereleases), but ended up trading a lot of them away to working on improving my deck. I really don't have a ton of old cards either, because I took a break from the TCG after Neo Genesis and didn't really start again until Call of Legends.
Aw man. D:
I actually bought a couple of packs for the lulz today and got a third full-art Reshiram. xD I'm more than willing to trade it off for the Zekrom or sell it.
But I have a TON of extra BW cards (some number to 8). :3 I could take a picture and post it later.

kbye

Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak

bump bump

basically I need all of these incoming giant list

Black/White Expansion

2/114 Snivy
5/114 Serperior
8/114 Simisage
25/114 Darmanitan
26/114 Reshiram
29/114 Dewott
32/114 Samurott
39/114 Alomomola
40/114 Blitzle
47/114 Zekrom
49/114 Musharna
54/114 Scolipede
57/114 Reuniclus
61/114 Sawk
62/114 Throh
69/114 Scrafty
71/114 Zoroark
85/114 Tranquill
86/114 Unfezant
101/114 Professor Juniper
105/114 Grass Energy
107/114 Water Energy
110/114 Fighting Energy
115/114 Pikachu

i have two of both UR zekrom & reshiram

McDonalds Promos
5/12 Alomomola
6/12 Blitzle
10/12 Klink

also

BW Promos
1 Snivy
2 Tepig
3 Oshawott
7 Tepig
10 Axew
11-13 are unreleased
14 Pansage
15 Pidove
16 Axew
17 Ducklett

I wish I could get a lot more of these before the next set comes out :(
Old 07-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Jessu Offline

Default Re: TCG Collector's Chat

I finally got UR Zekrom the other day as well as American Samurott about a weekish ago.

Hooraaaaaaaaaaay now I've got a crapload of extras. And by crapload I mean I stuffed a tin full of them with about 50 being in another tin.

And now I wait for August.

kbye

Last edited by Jessu; 07-22-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I use to have a ton of the old cards but then I got rid of them. Though with in the past month I got back into again.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Jessu Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisuma-Teichou View Post
I use to have a ton of the old cards but then I got rid of them. Though with in the past month I got back into again.
I actually stopped collecting the cards when the Ruby and Sapphire cards came out, that's why I'm missing so many from that set and Diamond and Pearl. xD I got back into it not too long ago when I was looking at what cards I had and was all "WANT" again. Luckily my cousin had a bunch and was willing to let me look through them and get what I want. c: The hard part was finding mint or near-mint ones, 'cause he didn't take good care of them. xD

kbye

Old 07-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

My Grandma bought all of my cards from me to give to my cousin for his birthday one year. She wouldn't take no for an answer though. LOL
Old 07-23-2011, 03:51 AM
Jessu Offline

Homg ... xD I'd have flipped out and be all "GET YOUR OWN" 'cause I'm slightly mean and greedy like that.

... no really I flip s**t if someone tries to take a card out of its sleeve in my binder. :c

kbye

Old 07-23-2011, 03:54 AM
Caite-chan Offline

I was actually getting rid of my cards at the time because I didn't have any interest in them any more and no one to play with.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Jessu Offline

I probably would have gotten into competitive play if it weren't for the fact that I had no one to play with. xD Plus I didn't know of any tournaments nearby. I'm still SLIGHTLY interested but I fail when it comes to knowing what card works well with what. :P

kbye

Old 07-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Cepheus Offline

Im into collecting on a very basic level.. I am not going to touch BW white cards until I actually play the games.. Because I know NOTHING about the series...

I am really into the HG/SS & Call of Legends cards...

But as it seems trendy in this thread... I've got NO ONE to play with & have never actually played a game with real cards since the first generation ones... & the old TCG for Gameboy.... So I dont know what the hell I would do either... This also limits my collecting as well.. I see no need to waste a ton of bread on new cards, only to get doubles & triples of cards I dont need/want.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
I probably would have gotten into competitive play if it weren't for the fact that I had no one to play with. xD Plus I didn't know of any tournaments nearby. I'm still SLIGHTLY interested but I fail when it comes to knowing what card works well with what. :P
I was into the Saturday get together at Wizards of the Coast when I was younger but nothing more than that. I even still have some of my old badges.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Jessu Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepheus View Post
the old TCG for Gameboy.... So I dont know what the hell I would do either... This also limits my collecting as well.. I see no need to waste a ton of bread on new cards, only to get doubles & triples of cards I dont need/want.
I loved playing the Gameboy TCG! xD Even though I didn't know what I was doing half the time, I knew I was winning LOL. I remember having a Moltres in my deck.

Also getting doubles and triples of cards is all right, depending on the rarity. I usually sell off the extras I get if they're rares/ultra rares. One of these days when I get around to it I'll put up my extra Reshirams for sale. xD

kbye