Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 05:53 PM
eishiba Offline

Default how to wall better

I have ev'ed these pokemon. stats listed are in order as hp, attack, defense, sp.attack, sp. defense, and speed.

Meganium bold overgrow
synthesis
giga drain
leech seed
ingrain

Slowbro quiet oblvious
irom defense
calm mind
slack off
hyper beam

Bronzong adament leveitate
explosion
earthquake
payback
psychic

shuckle relaxed gluttony
earthquake
rest
power trick
wrap

I have a Drapion with poison spikes that I want to lead off with. Then I wanted something with great defense that I can sit back and let the opponent die from poison or raise its defenses even more than what they are and maybe start attacking while the other Pokemon tries to attack. I recently battled a Slowbro that I tried every sweeper and its stats got raised so high my attacks didn't scratch it. Its leftovers were enough to heal it. Then it finished me, so I want to try something like that.
Shuckle I just got done with but haven't set decent moves for him. However, all these pokemon I have tried to wall with. Bronzong seem to be the best only cause he has so many resistances and one weakness. Meganium I wanted to ingrain and leech seed while it giga drains away, having synthesis to heal. Slowbro I just wanted to raise all his defense stats along with sp.atk and blow everyone away with hyper beam. Both MEganium and Slowbro seem to die to easy before they get the chance to set up. Whats a good way to set up? Other than Drapion who starts off for poison spikes, I also have a Swampert and a Primeape as my sweepers and a Lopunny to healing wish.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:15 AM
CaRdIaC Offline

Default Re: how to wall better

That's a pretty nice stall/wall set. I find the Shuckle set to be a bit risky. Also I'm not a fan of Slowbro or any of the Slow families just because of the massive amounts of weaknesses they have.

I need Shiny Pokemon and all event pokemon! Pm Me to trade
FC 3997 3492 5293
Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

[I]Umbreon's with Moonlight, Substitute, Toxic and Curse have always been a epic wall... Usually I see people split the 252 EV's between Defense and Special Defense.. Ehh.. About 126 each or something like that.. But they really catch me off guard when even my Metagross's Hammer Arm doesn't even put them at half health.. They usually do Toxic, Substitute, Moonlight, Curse, CURSE, CURSE!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Caspian Offline

Send a message via MSN to Caspian

Firstly, Meganium and Shuckle aren't very good walls in OU Play, so I'd refrain from using them in OU Battles. Secondly, most of your Pokemon seem to have poor IVs, therefore, their stats may be less than a Pokemon that was IV Bred. Slowbro shouldn't have Hyper Beam, as it gives the opponent a free turn. Iron Defense is unneeded as well. Bronzong wants Gyro Ball over Psychic. Since you didn't give EVs, or items, I'll just post some good replacements. I reccomend you learn how to breed natures and IVs if this is a wifi team.

Instead of Meganium, use this:

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 176 Def / 52 SAtk
- Sleep Powder
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Other Suggestions:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
-Hidden power [Ice]
-Earthquake / Explosion / Hypnosis

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf/Scald
- Slack Off / Rest
- Psychic / Psyshock
Old 07-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

This thread is well over the 30 day limit for bumping threads, so I'm going to lock it. In the future Caspian, make sure to check if the threads you are replying to are still active.
-Locked-
Closed Thread