Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Elecii Offline

Default Sight of the Future [It will not die!]

Sight of the Future

Credit to XaiakuX

Ok, so I decided to bring this back, seeing as I'm getting back into writing. I've gone back over the first chapter and revamped it slightly. I'm also going to try write a new chapter every two or three weeks - yes, I do try to push myself.

Here's some notes;

Quote:
  • I use English spelling. :P
  • My chapters will only be around 2-3 pages on MS word, as I find it really hard to write longer chapters, so I apologise for that.
  • I take ages to write chapters because I'm pretty lazy.
  • I might end up with too many random characters popping up. If you see this happening, just tell me, I'll try limit the characters down a bit.
  • I'm not going to be doing guest stars at the moment, sorry. I may do later on, so keep an eye out.
Chapter Directory
It's short, I know. :P

Chapter One - Best of Friends

i can't love you more than this

Last edited by Elecii; 07-11-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Elecii Offline

Default Re: Sight of the Future [It will not die!]

Reserved for character profiles.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Elecii Offline

Default Re: Sight of the Future [It will not die!]

Chapter One
Best of Friends

A cold wind swept through the air. I still wish I‘d never trusted Sky. If I hadn’t have believed her when she told me there was a sapphire necklace hidden in the snowy mountains then I wouldn’t be lost. I think this is the worst mess I’ve ever gotten myself into, and I’m always in trouble. I used to get told by the older Pokemon, “You’re just trying to be cool by being naughty,” when the truth was I found it fun by being naughty; it’s just my personality.

I’ve been travelling for days, and it’s only recently that I realised she tricked me into coming here. Whether or not the sapphire necklace is real is up for debate.

I found some plain grass poking up through the soft snow, so I stamped on it with my paw. It was amusing at first, but I got bored and decided to stop. ‘I wish I’d just ignored Sky.’ I thought. I heard a noise behind me, it sounded like a twig snapping. “Who’s there?” I shouted as I turned my head to look behind me. All I could see behind me were some trees, and more snow – no sign of any other life.
Suddenly a shower of tiny pieces of ice rained down on me. Some of the pieces pierced into my skin, and I yelped quietly when they did and had to move my head awkwardly to get them out from my neck.

All of a sudden the shards stopped falling stopped falling from the sky, so I decided to look up. Flying through the night sky was a beautiful blue majestic bird with a long shining tail. It had a large tuft of fur on it’s chest, which was pure white. I stared at the bird for a while, before realising what it actually was. “Oh… my… gosh!” I screamed, watching the bird fly away. “Articuno?!” I shouted, as the bird flew out of my sight. “Wow,” I whispered, looking down to the ground again. There were small paw prints. I sniffed them, they smelled like – and looked like – Electrike paw prints, so, as I had nothing else to do, decided to follow them.

I’d been following the paw prints for just over five minutes when I came to a cave. The entrance to it was only small, so I had to squeeze myself through. It was very light inside, much lighter than it was outside. I scanned the room. In one corner was a small, scared-looking Electrike. He looked up at me, fear in his small eyes. “Wh...What do you want?” he stammered. He had his paw on a necklace. It was a four pointed star-shape and emerald in colour.

“I don’t want anything from you and I don’t want to hurt you. I just stumbled across this cave and decided to come in,” I told him, trying to sound as kind as possible. I get told by all my friends that I sound scary, but I don’t know whether it’s true or not.

“Oh, alright,” he said. He seemed to have calmed down quite a bit. He shivered. “It’s cold, don’t you think?” he asked. I nodded my head in agreement. Slowly, I walked over to his side and sat down next to him.

“How did you end up here?” I asked. I was being quite nosy, but I usually was anyway. He just looked at me and smiled.

After a little while he said, “An annoying Sneasel tricked me into coming here two years ago.” I gasped. I’d been tricked by a Sneasel too.

“And by any chance was that Sneasel’s name Sky?” I asked. This time the Electrike was the one to gasp.

“How did you know?” he asked quietly.

“She tricked me too, but by the looks of it, the things she sent us here for are real,” I said, observing the necklace. After a moment of silence I asked, “So, what’s your name?”

“Zack,” he said. I smiled at him.

“Awesome name,” I commented. “I’m Jade.”

“That’s an awesome name too!” he laughed. “I just have one question, why are you called Jade if you’re an Umbreon?”

“Well, I have two brothers and four sisters, and they all evolved into different Pokemon. Because there were only six, none of them evolved into a Leafeon. My parents wanted me to become a Leafeon because that was the only Pokemon missing from our family, but I disagreed and evolved into an Umbreon instead – I’m such a rebel!” Zack laughed. “Jade was chosen as my name because Leafeon are grass type, and Jade is the name of a green gem. I’m guessing you can figure the rest?”

“Oh, that makes sense,” he said. “You have a lot of siblings,” he had said after a short pause.

“Yeah,” I agreed, “it’s too bad I’ve never met any of them, they all left before I was born.”

“That’s always a problem with being the youngest,” Zack joked.

A cold wind swept through the cave. I shivered, as did Zack. “Does that necklace do anything?” I asked, pointing to the glowing necklace.

“I don’t know,” he said, “it’s never been glowing like this before; maybe it would be a good time to try it out.” He picked up the necklace with his teeth. The glow got brighter and brighter until it was so bright that I had to look away.

After the bright light was gone I snapped my head back round. Zack was gone, but the necklace was still there. “Zack!” I screamed as I pounced on the necklace. I was about to stamp on it when I saw Zack’s face looking out from the star-shaped emerald. I didn’t know whether he could see or hear me, so I said, “Zack can you hear me?” I waved one of my paws at him.

“Jade?” he asked. I had seen something that looked sort of like a screen behind him, but with my eyesight and looking into something tiny, there’s a minor possibility I’m imagining things. “Jade, stay in the cave,” Zack told me, “I’m just going to go take a look at that screen.” Zack answered my question of ‘do I have bad eyesight?’ quite well there.

He was gone for what felt like an hour, even though it was only three minutes. When the gem started glowing again, I closed my eyes and hid behind my paws. I took a wild guess that Zack was coming back.

After I eventually decided to reopen my eyes, Zack was standing in front of me, looking slightly concerned. “What’s up?” I asked, walking to his side.

“Well,” he started, “on the screen I saw us two running down the side of one of the mountains, obviously being chased. You had turned back to look, and slipped down the side of the mountain. That’s all I saw before the screen went blank and I ended up back here.”

“Why would we be running across the mountainside?” I asked, and as if to answer my question, an Ursaring burst into the cave. It’d knocked down a whole wall through its ‘graceful’ entrance.

“GET OUT OF MY CAVE!” It yelled. Its voice was masculine, so I assumed it was male. Zack screamed, but not in a scared way, in a joking way. He obviously assumed it was time for a fun little run around.

“Run through his legs,” I whispered. Zack nodded, and the two of us raced between his legs.

The chase was on.

We could hear the Ursaring rushing along behind us. It was quite obvious we were faster, but we were slowing down because we were starting to wear out. The huffing and puffing behind us was also starting to die down, so I turned back to look. Before I knew it I was falling down the mountainside head-first.

I screamed. As I was falling I closed my eyes. When I stopped in mid air, I knew something was up, and it was then the pain hit me. I yelped; something had bitten onto my tail. I wasn’t sure what it was, when I remembered that Zack was with me. I laughed when I realised he’d saved me.

He yanked me back up, with a little struggling, until I was far enough away from the edge to be safe. “Thanks,” I whispered. I couldn’t really understand what was going on, other than I could have just fallen to my doom if it weren’t for Zack. He smiled at me, so I smiled back. We sat in silence for a few minutes, when the Ursaring turned up.

I’d totally forgotten about him, and obviously so had Zack. The Ursaring swiped his huge hand down, and scooped Zack up. The Electrike was trembling, he’d never told me how old he was, but he was definitely young. The Ursaring held onto his by his tail, and hung him over the edge of the cliff. We were both trembling with fear. I wanted to save him, but I couldn’t move or speak.

The Ursaring was now hanging on by two claws. It looked like Zack was about to fall. “Off we go!” The Ursaring chuckled.

The Ursaring suddenly released his grip. “ZACK!” I screamed, jumping to the edge of the cliff, watching him fall…