Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Temporal Diamond Offline

Send a message via MSN to Temporal Diamond
Default Diamond1304 vs MadHairGirl -- Diamond1304 wins by DQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHairGirl View Post

Single Battle, 1 Pokemon each.
DQ: 3 days
Damage Caps: 50
Restrictions: No direct recovery moves, no OHKOs, no chills
Arena: The Dirt Path
This battle field boasts nothing out of the ordinary. A smaller area compared to some, it consists of dirt, dirt and more dirt. Or earth, to be precise. Only a small amount of foliage grows in this area due to the dry conditions. Boulders of all sizes litter the arena whilst the ground remains gritty and hard to the core.
Ref Style: Open
[/I]

[Volk] Joltik
Ability: Swarm
Signature Move: N/A

I'll be using my little Volk, the Joltik! :D

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 08-04-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 AM
MadHairGirl Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: [OPEN] Diamond1304 vs MadHairGirl

Yay! Battles! :D I'll be using Ashe!

[Ashe] Vulpix (F)
Ability: Flash Fire
Signature Move: n/a

We better start things off Ashe. Firstly, use Fire Spin then follow up with Flame Burst!

Fire Spin ~ Flame Burst

Believe.
I II
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Temporal Diamond Offline

Alright, Volk, let's create some mayhem with Double Team! Then, gain an upper-hand with Agility!

Double Team ~ Agility
Old 06-28-2011, 03:37 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Prebattle

Under the sun, the landscape of sparse grass, boulders, hard-baked and hard-packed dirt looked harsh and inhospitable. The three humans standing under the gaze of the great frowning star Sol were only there because of one crucial thing the place offered: space, and a goodly amount of it.

Two of them faced each other warily; the other watched with some boredom from under a parasol's cool shade. The girl with the parasol signaled to the guy on her right. "Challenger sends first," she yawned. The sun's heat was making her tired.

The guy nodded, then pulled a Pokeball out of his belt after a few seconds' brief consideration. He tossed the Pokeball at the ground, and it burst open, emitting a glowing red beam of energy. At the end of the beam formed a vague shape; as the beam faded color appeared and the shape took true form: a hairy yellow bug with blue eyes and short, pick-footed legs. The Joltik let out a cry and gnashed its pincers beneath the 'mustache' of yellow fur that concealed them.

The girl smiled at this choice and knew that her own decision could easily give her the upper hand. She tossed her own 'ball, and this time a vulpine creature appeared in the red. It had six curling auburn tails, with a silky coat of pale sepia adorning its small, graceful body. Four curls of hair the same color as its tails were arranged between pointed ears and above intelligent chocolate-colored eyes. The Vulpix glared primly at the nervous bug-and-electric Joltik. The referee watched with interest to see if Diamond would be able to turn the tables or fall to his advantaged opponent MadHairGirl.

Diamond1304

[Volk] Joltik (M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Double Team ~ Agility

MadHairGirl

[Ashe] Vulpix (F)
Energy: 100%
Fire Spin ~ Flame Burst

Round One

Volk leaped into action eagerly, not wanting to be taken sitting down. He began to race around in a small circle, his stubby feet flying and blowing up little dust plumes in the dirt. As Ashe watched, she realized that she could see not one Joltik, but three images of the rushing bug, shimmering as they moved through the dust. So great was Volk's speed - and the energy he put into his movement - that he had created two other images of himself that moved as he did and imitated his every action. He skidded to a halt and as he did so, the other two Joltiks stopped beside him. He lifted a foot to test the clones; they both lifted the same foot. Ashe frowned in annoyance as she realized that nothing save for luck would allow her attack to hit the real Volk.
[Double Team: Volk, -6% Energy, +2 Clones]

Ashe growled, calling up her internal fiery energy to try to right the scales in this battle. Taking aim at one of the Joltiks - completely at random - she opened her mouth. Fire bubbled up from her gut and collected in a swirling ball between her sharp teeth. No Joltik moved as Ashe gathered the gyrating blaze.

With a sudden flash, Ashe let the fire whirl out in a cone of fire-ribbons. The radiant blaze flew at the intended Joltik, as though to surround and ensnare it as it would often ensnare its prey with webs. However, the Joltik - whether it was clone or otherwise - was not about to be captured. It leaped to the left instead - with surprising speed - and caused all the other Joltik to leap as well. Another snarl came from Ashe as the fire hurtled harmlessly past 'Volk' before splashing against a boulder.
[Fire Spin: Ashe, -3% Energy]

The three Volks giggled together, clicking their hidden mandibles in evident amusement. They regrouped, forming a line, and then began to run around in a triangle yet again. This time, however, all three of them stayed three, though they moved much faster and once again they shimmered through the dust that they brought up around themselves. When the trio stopped, they all looked significantly more alert. The real Volk felt his mind and limbs tingling with the excess energy from his run. He smiled furtively as he thought how well he was turning the tables on his spitfire-esque foe.
[Agility: Volk, -3% Energy]

However, Ashe was not to be put off, for she had a strategy. Once again she opened her mouth and once again fire boiled out into her mouth. This time, however, the flame glowed significantly brighter and looked more like molten napalm than regular fire. She spat the glob out, and it exploded in the midst of the Joltiks. True to its name and nature, the Flame Burst attack launched flame all over Volk and his clones, shattering them. Volk squealed in surprise as he felt the flame singe through his spiky hair, and Ashe smirked as she watched the reminder of why bug types did not like fire types unfold.
[Flame Burst: Volk, -15% HP; Ashe, -8% Energy]

Diamond1304

[Volk] Joltik (M)
Health: 85%
Energy: 91%

MadHairGirl

[Ashe] Vulpix (F)
Energy: 89%

Ref Notes
Fire Spin Accuracy Roll was 89, with 1-85 hitting something - Volk or clone.
Flame Burst's Crit Roll was 13, with 1-6.25 Critting.
I decided that since Flame Burst hits everything in a Triple Battle, it should hit three Joltiks, no? If there's a problem with this somebody needs to tell me but I believe I am in the right here.
I'm tired so I probably forgot something. :/

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-28-2011, 04:37 AM
MadHairGirl Offline
New Trainer

Thank you, Velocity, for starting this off :D

Okay Ashe, lets try and pick things up a bit! Use Will-O-Wisp! However, if this is not effective, use a Quick Attack. Then follow it up with Flamethrower!

Will-O-Wisp/Quick Attack ~ Flamethrower

Believe.
I II
Old 06-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Temporal Diamond Offline

Thanks Velocity. Yes Flame Burst does affect all in the battlefield, from what I know. ^^;

Ok now Volk, let's give them something to worry about with Thunder Wave! If Vulpix is successfully paralyzed, then launch an Electro Ball! If not, try messing it with Discharge!

Thunder Wave ~ Electro Ball/Discharge
Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Elbub Offline

Round Two

Diamond1304
(O)
Volk

(M)
Health: 85%
Energy: 91%
Moves: Thunder Wave ~ Electro Ball/Discharge

MadHairlGirl
(O)
Ashe

(F)
Energy: 89%
Moves: Will-O-Wisp/Quick Attack ~ Flamethrower

Hoping to avenge his clones, Volk enjoyed listening to his order for the first action. It was time to show this Fox why it should wish to have normal ticks to deal with, as opposed to him. His body begin to crack with static electricity, before a bolt of the energy from shot across the arena, hitting Ashe with the sound of a whip crack. The electricity spread around Ashe’s body in the blink of an eye, permeating her skin and reaching her muscles, where it locked them where they were. This is how Ashe would remain for the rest of the action, panting with the effort of the struggle to break free of the paralysis. But it was all in vain; an action was wasted for MadHairGirl and Ashe.

Delighted with the result of his first action, Volk knew he now had to wait before he could move again. His opponent had regained the movement limbs, so he what he had to. But before he could even consider his next move, a wave of flame washed over him, scorching him all over. No lasting burns were left, but it was still unpleasant for the electric bug. Ashe smiled, as her frame heaved up and done with her breath, due to the effort it had taken her to even move this action.

Delight turned to annoyance, Volk now wanted his opponent to pay again, like he had in the original action. Ashe’s ears went back as she saw the electricity beginning to build up around Volk’s frame. She closed her eyes and braced herself for it. And with a sudden surge of energy, Volk released the blue electricity, rippling all around Ashe, causing more static damage to her muscles, although not lasting this time. She allowed herself a sigh of relief; it could have been worse, and the paralysis seemed to be recovering. She looked over her shoulder once more, to see what her trainer had in store for her opponent next round.

Round Two End

Diamond1304
(O)
Volk

(M)
Health: 65%
Energy: 77%

MadHairlGirl
(O)
Ashe

(F)
Health: 86%
Energy: 74%
Status: Exasperated at the paralysis, but happy that the worst appears to be over. (Paralysed for 2 more actions)

Referee Notes:
- Volk; Thunder Wave (-4% energy), Discharge (14% damage, -10% energy)
- Ashe; Will-O-Wisp (-2% energy due to struggle with Paralysis), Flamethrower (20% damage, -13% energy)
- Critical-hit rolls; Flamethrower rolled a 13, Discharge rolled a 4, with a 1 resulting in a Critical-hit.
- MadHairGirl, your conditional in the first action made no sense.
- First paralysis roll was 33 and, with anything from 1-50 resulting in an inability to move.
- Second paralysis roll was 40, with anything from 1-25 resulting in an inability to move.
- Flamethrower’s effect roll was 51, with anything from 1-10 resulting in a burn.
- Discharge’s paralysis roll was 69, with anything from 1-30 resulting in paralysis.
- Diamond1304, your moves first please.

Activity Status: Off for the Summer. Activity will be up.

Last edited by Elbub; 07-07-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Temporal Diamond Offline

Now's our chance, Volk! Double Electro Balls for the love of it~!

Electro Ball ~ Electro Ball
Old 07-09-2011, 11:20 AM
MadHairGirl Offline
New Trainer

Not make sense? Hmm.. Will-O-Wisp has 75% accuracy according to Veekun. That conditional was in regards to that. Don't worry about it though! :)

Ashe use Safeguard then follow it up with Flame Burst.

Safeguard ~ Flame Burst

Believe.
I II
Old 07-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Elbub Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHairGirl View Post
Not make sense? Hmm.. Will-O-Wisp has 75% accuracy according to Veekun. That conditional was in regards to that. Don't worry about it though! :)
Yes, but if I rolled the accuracy and it missed, I wasn't just going to say "Oh, nevermind, I'll let you use Quick Attack instead." You have to use a Will-O-Wisp that misses.

Activity Status: Off for the Summer. Activity will be up.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Diamond1304

[Volk] Joltik (M)
Health: 65%
Energy: 77%
Electro Ball ~ Electro Ball

MadHairlGirl

[Ashe] Vulpix (F)
Health: 86%
Energy: 74%
Status: Exasperated at the paralysis, but happy that the worst appears to be over. [PAR (2 more actions)]
Safeguard ~ Flame Burst

Round Three

Volk acted quickly. He was already battered, but he was confident that his lightness of step could give him a crucial advantage, especially with his next gambit. He opened his jaws as wide as they would go, and let out a steady stream of electricity. The crackling yellow arcs began to form a bright, sparkling ball. The air around it smelled like ozone; Volk's bristly hair began to poke up from the static electricity even more than it had before. With one final jolt of electricity, Volk sent the glowing sphere rocketing at Ashe. The startled Vulpix had no time to dodge, and the electricity exploded on the ground in front of her, sending the frying currents pulsing into her body from tails to toes. She cried out with pain as her limbs throbbed and her beautiful, silken coat smoked. She glared vengefully at Volk, hating how smug he looked at her pain.
[Electro Ball: Volk, -10% Energy; Ashe, -14% HP]

At that point, Ashe would have liked nothing more than to get back at Volk for singing her fur and for giving her such an ache in her muscles, but she knew that her Trainer's orders came above her own rash desires for vengeance. She took a deep breath in, then let it out slowly. She calmed herself, feeling a sensation of peace stealing through her. She focused on that emotion, mingling it with the energy in her body. A rippling light appeared around her - a shimmering, barely-visible blue field that followed her muscle movements like a second skin - one that would preserve her peace of mind somewhat. As Ashe stood, the field faded from view, but Volk had been in at least a couple battles - and that was enough for him to learn that this type of barrier would resist any attack of Volk's that wouldn't directly injure Ashe.
[Safeguard: Ashe, -8% Energy]

Despite Ashe's precautions, she was far from impregnable. Volk was rather pleased with Ashe's choice, actually, simply because it drained her energy and left her open to more direct assaults. He opened his mouth again and began creating another electrical sphere. This time, Ashe braced herself. Her coffee-brown eyes never left the ball of lightning. When Volk gave the final push, Ashe attempted to leap to the side so that the explosion would miss her. However, a miscalculation in her reaction speed - especially due to the lingering tingle in her legs - caused her to leap too late. The ball of electricity slammed directly into her stomach and delivered its entire load of lightning straight into her vulnerable belly. Ashe shrieked as the electricity crackled all over her body in sparks, making her muscles burn and her eyes fill with blinding light. She laid curled up in pain for a few moments; the attack had hit her dead-on in a weak, vulnerable spot.
[Electro Ball: Volk, -10% Energy; Ashe, -28% HP]

Ashe slowly got up off of the dusty ground. She snarled at Volk, feeling anger rise up in her. Now she could unleash the heat of her fury. She opened her mouth; heat and flammable, jelly-like bile rose from the bellows of her insides. A familiar glob of magma-like fire began to form on her heatproof tongue, smoking and bubbling and slopping between her teeth. She spat the glob out like a missile; the molten gel hit the ground in front of Volk. It splashed up, spattering messily all over - including the Joltik's body. Volk let out a squeal of pain and shock as the heat burned him, singing through his hair and into the vulnerable carapace below. He managed to shake it off, but he now had two inconveniencing burn patches in him. He wasn't too worried about this though - when he looked at Ashe, all he saw was a soon-to-be fainted opponent, one who was already weakened. Volk was ready and willing to take Ashe down.
[Flame Burst: Volk, -15% HP; Ashe, -8% Energy]

Diamond1304

[Volk] Joltik (M)
Health: 51%
Energy: 57%

MadHairlGirl

[Ashe] Vulpix (F)
Health: 44%
Energy: 58%
Status: Feeling that this should have been over sooner. [Safeguard (3 more actions)]

Ref Notes
Electro Ball's Crit Rolls were 17 and 4, with 1-6.25 Critting.
Ashe's Par Roll was 57, with 1-90 resulting in Ashe moving.
Flame Burst's Accuracy was 69, with 1-85 hitting.
Flame Burst's Crit Roll was 36, with 1-6.25 Critting.
I apologize for the lousy writing; I haven't written in over two weeks. D:
I bet I'm forgetting something.

MadHairGirl, your moves please.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 07-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Temporal Diamond Offline

Well, it has been 3 days so....what happens now? O.o
Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

MadHairGirl has 24 hours to post, or face disqualification.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 08-03-2011, 12:04 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Diamond1304 vs MadHairGirl

Alright, MadHairGirl, it's past your 24 hour time limit, so you're now disqualified.

Velocity receives $10 for Refereeing two Rounds.
Elbub receives $5 for Refereeing one.
Diamond receives $10 for 'winning'.

!!Cl0s3d.