Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Contests

ASB: Contests The Contest center of the ASB League. The place where style and beauty reign and strength is just an afterthought.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default [Mewtwo Invasion] Round 1 - Saraibre Ryu vs. Socratic Sarcasm (Judge: 3m0d0ll).

Quote:
Prize: The winner will receive the Mewtwo medallion, $35, and two Vitamins/Items. Second place winner will receive $20 and a free Vitamin. The two non-Finalists will receive $10 and a randomly rolled item valued $25 or less.
Theme: Only Bug, Dark, and Ghost-types with no weakness to Psychic attacks may be used.
Restrictions: No signature moves, no Chills, you may not use the Pokemon you used for your Appeal.
Time Limit: 2 day DQ with no in-thread warning.
Arena: Faraway Island Jungles.
A dense, vivid jungle filled with the sounds of wild Pokemon. Thick, humid fog hugs the ground to about knee level. Vines are tangled within every tree and moss grows on every rock. Thin patches of sunlight are visible through the three branches and a slight haze is all around. The battle arena is flattened land with short grass and small flowers growing underfoot. It's 20' x 45' surface space will make for a wide range of battle options, however low-hanging trees are abundant.
Sabi, please declare your Pokemon.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-13-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:48 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: [Mewtwo Invasion] Round 1 - Saraibri Ryu vs. Socratic Sarcasm (Judge: 3m0d0ll).

You might want to check the thread title for typo's there Jenn.

Cayci the Galvantula [F]
Ability: Compound Eyes
Signature Move: N/A due to contest regulations.
Tutored Moves: Reflect
Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Default Re: [Mewtwo Invasion] Round 1 - Saraibre Ryu vs. Socratic Sarcasm (Judge: 3m0d0ll).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
You might want to check the thread title for typo's there Jenn.

Cayci the Galvantula [F]
Ability: Compound Eyes
Signature Move: N/A due to contest regulations.
Tutored Moves: Reflect
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK YOUR FIRST SENTENCE FOR UNNEEDED APOSTROPHES THERE, SABI.

But yeah, I see it; I'll fix that right now.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:55 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Default Re: [Mewtwo Invasion] Round 1 - Saraibre Ryu vs. Socratic Sarcasm (Judge: 3m0d0ll).

The gaunt, lab coated trainer smiled most sinisterly at the opposition, his glasses catching the sunlight and obscuring his eyes. His left hand reached into one of the pockets on his lab coat, and almost languidly pulled out a Pokeball. The smirk on his face is even more pronounced when he throws the ball while snickering,"I like fire."

The sphere bursts, revealing a creature with a strong likeness to a chandelier. Unlike the ostentatious lighting devices, though, the being has thoughts. Very evil thoughts, if the wide grin on its face was any indication at all. A sound not unlike the sound of razor dragged on a chalkboard pierces the clearing, before the understanding comes that this creature is cackling.

[Esme] Chandelure (F)
Ability: Flash Fire
Sig Move: None
Obtained:Here.
Evolved:Here.

The man was not looking at all nebbish now. The parody of a smile now on his face inspires wonder that he was ever mistaken for weak. His face somehow matches the madness evident in his Pokemon as he quotes,"But, as Mr. Frost said,'for destruction ice, is also great, and would suffice.'"

The Chandelure seems to understand this as an instruction, albeit a roundabout one. Steadily, the center bulb of the creature fills with an inky, vile miasma, and the thing still just won't stop making that cackling sound. The gas wafts out of the haunted light fixture, slowly making its way toward the Galvantula, the trainers, and the referee. Everyone flinches when the Haze touches them, but it is not destructive on its own. But, it does succeed in completely blocking out what little sun leaked in from the canopy, as well as completely obscuring the location of the somewhat psychotic Pokemon.

And that freaking terrifying sound it's been making seems to be coming from all over the place. No one can place it.

Notes:

Spoiler:

Appeal: Haze.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Cayci and I stood, looking at our opponent: A living ceiling piece and her trainer, eerily happy to be battling us, and wanting to make a poem out of it. A smoky black fog covered the field, making it harder and harder to see where our new friends were. Cayci waited for instructions with confidence. I had a smile, just a small one, creep across my face. I tilted my hat down a bit, wondering if my opponent had purposely forgotten some things about Chandelure, and about Galvantula. Once the Haze attack was ready for my liking, I looked up, knowing Cayci had not taken her sharp, violet eyes off of the last place she saw the floating lamp.

“It was nice of our opponent to give us some cover Cayci. Now disappear.”

Her eyes narrowed, and her body became tense, small electric sparks dancing across the fur on her back for only a second or two. Then, as she moved just the slightest bit forward, Cayci vanished into thin air from her original spot. The cover of the haze was to her advantage, giving her the few seconds she would need to find the Chandelure, like the cover of darkness that aided an assassin. Faint Attack was just the polish off of a roughly done move and it was always nice when your opponent provided it for you. It seemed my opponent had forgotten that Galvantula had exceptional eyesight, were quick, especially now under the invisibility of smoke and in a forested fauna, she had mobility. Cayci would not have been seen until it was too late; hitting the Chandelure in an unsuspecting place, as it naturally gave off fiery light, making it a bit easier to find it. She would strike with haste, and jump back into the haze without a word, and with little sound.

“Now let’s let everyone breathe a bit easier. I say let’s let some shine in.”

I could see Cayci jump back in an impressive flip, landing on all four legs with stalwart focus. As soon as her purple claws made contact with the earth, a field of golden energy sparked and released itself from the glowing purple stripes on her body. A brilliant golden and pale blue shell appeared around the EleSpider, hexagon shapes creating a luminescent and glimmering network of energy panels that dispelled the dark mist in a sunrise glow. It was far easier to see the light fixture from a distance now. The warm comforting light made Cayci’s fur spark and glimmer underneath it from electrical and natural energies. The shield itself shone as if it was a crystaline honeycomb, lighting the way as the sun did on a beautiful day.

Faint Attack [Under the cover of Haze]~Light Screen
Old 02-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

The Chandelure rights itself after being struck. It (for the beast seemed so monstrous no one would call it by any other pronoun) is definitely winded, but still absolutely capable of battle.

The Haze has cleared somewhat, but there is still some around. Although it isn't really enough to be a visual impediment, the combination of the inky blackness, the lights from the barrier and the candles on the Chandelure, and the dim lights from the canopy make the creature look positively grotesque, especially given the fact that its mouth was curled up in a way far too sinister to truly be called a smile.

The man looks positively unperturbed at the bit of damage the monster had sustained; his face still wears that evil smirk as he far too monotonously commands,"Limit her."

Everyone hears a new, soft, harmonious, feminine, delicate voice speak in their heads,/With pleasure./ It takes everyone not familiar with the sound a second to realize that the beast is using telepathy. No one is too shocked at that, though: Pokemon understand human speech, and even non psychic Pokemon capable of some psychic abilities, like Lucario (and Chandelure, apparently), are able to use telepathy.

Besides, psychopaths tend to be disproportionately more intelligent than an average person. Why should that be any different for Pokemon?

The evil thing smiles most sweetly and venomously at the Galvantula, before gesturing to the EleSpider's trainer, and almost off handedly wonders aloud,/I wonder how she'll burn./

Almost everyone, except the monster's trainer takes a second to blink at that. It smiles at the shock it caused, before continuing,/I think I'll start with her toes. Burn them to black ash, one by one by one. I think she'd try stop herself from screaming. It's always fun, testing those people. Seeing their breaking points. And they do break, dear, that I promise. Some do it immediately. Others do it when their legs slowly start to roast, and the delicious smell of their burnt flesh reaches their nostrils. But, everyone breaks by the time you get to the face. Oh, that's the most beautiful part. You see, there are all sorts of wonderful pains you can cause when you start burning their eyes out. First their left one, of course, since that's generally the weaker eye, and you want them to see you burning them. They tend to scream more that way, which is always delicious, and you, of course, leave their other eye until last. Ah, but when you get to burning THAT is the icing on the cake! They scream and scream and scream, no matter how much 'willpower,' 'inner strength,' or 'sheer stubbornness' they have. They just scream their beautiful lungs out until they finally go silent. For good./

Everyone, even the trainer, looks very nearly about to throw up, before the evil man smirks while noticing the Galvantula.

And boy, she looks PISSED.

Appeal
Spoiler:

Taunt (+Psychic, I suppose, for the telepathy, but that's more flavor than anything else. Sweet dreams.)

Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

I of I I I

-

Saraibre Ryu

[Cayci] Galvantula
Ability: Compound Eyes.
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Moves: Faint Attack~Light Screen.
+1 Acc.

Socratic Sarcasm

[Esme] Chandelure
Ability: Flash Fire.
Energy: 100%
Moves: Haze~Taunt+Psychic

Starting with the stuff I didn't like. Firstly, “And that freaking terrifying sound it's been making seems to be coming from all over the place. No one can place it,” is extremely inaccurate. I get that you were trying to make your Pokemon seem more eerie, but sound waves hit and stimulate our outer ears at different times, allowing us to be able to tell what direction noise is coming from. So, regardless of the smoke, Cayci would've been able to hear where the cackling was coming from, so I took a point or two off there.
“... them, but it is not destructive on its own. But, it does...” This is just overall bad grammar; it made your sentences flow awkwardly and using the same word twice in such proximity kinda ruined what you were trying to convey, because after that, all I could focus on was how those sentences made your descriptions feel boxy.
Sabi, I don't quite understand how Cayci was able to disappear so easily, even with the Haze. If you had that she disappeared as the smoke rolled over her, that would've been more realistic.
I was rather disappointed that nobody wrote about how the Haze mixed with the natural fog of the arena. That would've been a really nice touch, imo.
In regards to the statement about psychopaths being more intelligent than average people, it's my personal stigma that your statement is very untrue; I suppose you're taking more of a Tell-Tale Heart stance while I have a different opinion of the meaning of intelligence.
“Almost everyone, except the monster's trainer takes a second to blink at that,” needs to have a comma placed after 'trainer' and before 'takes'.

And now with the stuff I did like. The way you described Esme using Haze was really great and easy to visualize. You incorporated a Chandelure's anatomy into the battle very well, keep that up.
Having Cayci use Faint Attack was really clever and effective. You did a great job using your foe's attack to your advantage, which took a few points away from Socratic.
I liked the use of telepathy, and I'm eager to see how you use this ability in the new two Rounds.

Saraibre Ryu

[Cayci] Galvantula
Energy: 86%
+1 Acc; Taunted for four more actions; protected by Light Screen for three more actions.

Socratic Sarcasm

[Esme] Chandelure
Health: 89%
Energy: 84%

-

Sabi, your move, please.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-17-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:47 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Cayci was glaring at this sick minded, living lamp piece we had as an opponent. I had a sense of chills but this wouldn’t have been the first time. Eerie wasn’t even the beginning of how to describe this thing, but I wasn’t about to lose focus. Cayci on the other hand, was teeming with fury, so much so that sparks were flying in between her tufts of fur on her rear end and her mandibles. I stuck my hands in my pockets and lowered my head just enough so that the brim shadowed my eyes. I smiled, knowing the effects of fire had its slow painful moments, but there was something else to be seen in the quick effects of lightning. Hell I even scoffed at the prospect. This was only going to get better.

“Cayci, that creepy piece of furniture wanted to limit you.” I explained to her calmly.

Cayci’s eyes glinted under the hexagonal dome, sparks flying ever more so in a dramatic fashion. All six eyes were on the Chandelure, locking onto her position with intent to kill. There was one thing you didn’t do with Cayci, and that was threaten me, never mind going into full on detail about it. Her mandibles started forming a larger electric charge between them, causing more static to leap from the fur on her back that was standing on end.

“Show them what happens when we come across ‘limits’.”

The Galvantula took one on her back legs and stepped back, releasing an electric charge that only hit the inside of the Light Screen she was under, imitating the actions of a tesla ball. Lines of electricity passed between her two front appendages quickly, almost as if trying to find a weak point in her own field. This wasn’t what she was doing however, as all but the two largest eyes on Cayci’s head were looking in different places. After just a few seconds of her electrical display, the EleSpider twitched and jumped, bolts of electricity erupting in all directions, forwards backwards, left and right, up, and even downwards. Not all of them were aimed for our opponent, and no one in the audience was in any danger of being electrocuted. As the dozens of lightning tendrils collided with the low hanging trees, sometimes glancing past one or two more, they didn’t fade afterwards, but instead, remained as the sticky webbing Galvantula specialized in; webs composed of electrical energy. The network of electricity sparked and glowed in a golden hue; a dangerous, but beautiful decoration that seemed to well suit the swampland. The threads crisscrossed this way and that, some connected to each other and making it rather difficult for anything, ghostly or non, to pass through it.

Cayci landed in the epicentre of her creation, as any spider would. She was making this her domain, as was clear by how she stared at that Chandelure from between her forest of electrical tripwires.

Spoiler:
Electro Web + Discharge [for additional reach and power]
*Attack was not completely directed at Esme.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

The trainer stands, apparently assessing the field, as the Chandelure is being shocked by the electric webbing. He is seemingly unperturbed, his eyes tracing the webbing. In fact, after a little bit, a smirk lazily makes its way across his face. He seems pleased with the development.

"She presumes to make this her domain. Esme, show her the precise magnitude of her folly. Show her the horrors of the noon."

The chandelier smiles and dips its body down in a gruesome approximation of a complacent nod. The thing then releases an intense white beam into the sky, the bright light concealing its center plume, and the sunlight from above begins to intensify. Meanwhile, an oppressively hot, arid wind blows across the battlefield, clearing the fog and drying the trees, the air, and the web.

Languidly, the trainer traces the webs with his finger, each time settling on the center, where Cayci sits. His smirk evolves into a sneer as he speaks,"All paths lead to Rome."

The thing opens its mind to everyone once more, giggling,/Or the idiotic, barbecued spider, in this case./

Now, when webs are normally exposed to fire, they shrivel. But when webs become dry–like when exposed to a bright sun and a warm wind–and dusty (say, they have an inordinate amount of static cling)...

Those webs burn.

The center flame of the Chandelure turns a scorching azure and expands into a terrible Inferno. The erratic blue fire catches the plentiful webbing all around the Luring Pokemon, following the silk. The hungry flames destroy the strands as they go, but there is always more. As the strands pass the trees, the canopy above bursts into flame, in no small part thanks to dry air.

And thanks to the guiding lines of the vast web, the flames are able to go through the barrier Cayci set around herself. Although the web is destroyed in fairly short order, the flames make contact with the hair on the Galvantula.

Cayci ignites.

The flames engulf the tarantula, almost completely obscuring her form behind one large fireball. The worst part? The shield that is supposed to keep such attacks out betrays its purpose: now that the fire snuck inside, the Light Screen keeps the fire and heat in.

The sick b*tch giggles as it floats up into the fiery ceiling. As it basks in the blaze, the purple flames around it burn brighter and higher. It laughs at not only the suffering of its foe, but also at the sheer destruction it has wrought with the assistance of its enemy. The thing screams,/Burn! BURN!/

Great. It's not only a sick, crazy, psycho.

It's a sick, crazy, pyromanic psycho.

Appeal:
Spoiler:

Sunny Day + Heat Wave (weakened: doesn't really cause damage) ~ Inferno + Move into the fire and grab a Flash Fire boost

Old 02-22-2013, 04:39 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

“How predictable to the verge of disappointment. Cayci, let’s educate this opponent of ours. Charge it up.”

Those were my first thoughts, and only thoughts. Clearly I was giving my opponent more credit than he was deserving of. I pulled my hands out of my pockets, feeling the air become much, much more dry at a rapid rate. Cayci wasn’t bothered, in fact, she was smiling about it. The dry air, passing over her golden fur caused more electricity to spark and dance all over. This effect passed onto her webs, sparking and having thin charges of electricity dance between each section. Cayci lowered her front mandibles, ignoring the heat as it intensified around her. She wanted it to, and show her lamp friend its first mistake. Light orbs began to form between her smaller limbs, however rather than becoming a much larger orb like a typical Charge Beam attack, each orb was placed on the electric composed web, sucking it in as each section lit up and started to obtain a pulsing light to it. As the pulses passed through the Light Screen, the hexagonal section a line of lighting went through lit up, also charging the Light Screen with an electrical charge.

“Let me give you a Galvantula one-o-one.” I told my opponent. “First, that web is composed out of nothing but electricity, and when the air is dry, the static flies.”

It would save the webs from being burnt to a crisp, but the trees it were attached to, if it was attached to them, weren’t going to be saved. Yes the flames were still going to burn along lines of electricity, but not cause them to shrivel, as there was nothing to shrivel to begin with. Electricity, does not shrivel. Sparks flew as flames met lightning, forcing it to the ground and running up the lines. Cayci continued to feed Charge Beam into her web until she finally stopped, taking two of the main lines in her tiny arms and letting out a bluish white Thunderbolt attack, feeding a constant electrical charge to it. The two main network lines ceased the two main flows of flames, and the flames started to change into different shapes and sizes. Cayci put her first set of legs on another set of lines, and her back ones following suit, maintaining an electric pulse through at least six main lines of lightning thread, keeping the flames at bay.

“Second, electricity is dominant over fire; it can change the shape and flow of it, even the heat from it. That’s one way these bugs have evolved to control electricity.”

Sparks of embers and volts few as fire danced over the waves of electricity, turning it blue and yellow, red and amber, and thanks to the now, dry air, static was jumping from one section of thread to the other, creating quite the light show of its own. As Cayci was able to snuff out some of the fire, there was still another issue at hand.

The Inferno attack. I knew that even with our control thanks to natural science, that wasn’t going to be held back easy. With the sun shining brightly, there weren’t the best weather conditions for creating a dead bolt of lightning from the sky. That’s when it hit me, I didn’t need to use a Thunder attack, I would use the damn sun. Looking back at Cayci, the flames were coming for her quickly, and she was going to have barely any time to escape.

“Cayci let’s hit the sky!”

Cayci let go of the lines she was using to keep the majority of the flames back just as the Inferno attack was going to collide, vaulting herself into the air with her long, powerful legs. Bluish flames licked at her fur just as she appeared to be jumping out of an explosion of hell. It even caught part of her fur on fire; however one thing fire didn’t like was too much of one thing, and the rush of air soon extinguished as Cayci was beginning to hit the apex of her jump. I hoped it didn’t give her too much of a burn, but I knew she didn't get out of that completely unscathed. Once my Galvantula had hit the highest point in her jump, the sun shone through her Light Screen, creating a light catcher effect for those who weren’t the Chandelure; a glistening rainbow effect as light was broken down into it's colurful components. Should the lamp look up, all she was going to get was an eyeful of sun, thanks to her bringing out the best of it. Cayci would abuse it so that she could jump and get in her next attack while blinding the Chandelure with its own sunny forecast. While the lamp was blinded, Cayci would surge downwards and hit the furniture of flame where it hurt, and land on it to avoid too much of the flames below by combining her jump with a nice gift to her psychotic friend.

Spoiler:
I have checked every source possible. Electroweb has no silk content in it's composition, as was emphazised in my original use of it. >< Also I did my research. You can find the properties of electricity and being able to manipulate fire here.

Charge Beam+Thunder Bolt into Electroweb and Light Screen for some cover to stop some flames ~ Bounce [over majority of Inferno to avoid burning]+Sucker Punch
Old 02-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

^Aren't those too many moves? Since a contest round goes 1 move-2 Moves-1Move? Or rather 1 Set of Moves, etc.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:30 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Sarcasm View Post
^Aren't those too many moves? Since a contest round goes 1 move-2 Moves-1Move? Or rather 1 Set of Moves, etc.
No; it's a 1-2-1 minimum.

I'll read through these and get the Round up tater tonight.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:29 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

I I of I I I

-

Saraibre Ryu

[Cayci] Galvantula
Energy: 86%
+1 Acc; Taunted for four more actions; protected by Light Screen for three more actions.

Socratic Sarcasm

[Esme] Chandelure
Health: 89%
Energy: 84%

Stuff I didn't like:
“Hell I even scoffed at the prospect.” There should be a comma after Hell (-1).
“There was one thing you didn’t do with Cayci, and that was threaten me,” You changed who the narrator was, from the trainer to the Pokemon (-1).
“remained as the sticky webbing Galvantula specialized in; webs composed of electrical energy.” The way you phrased this did in fact make it seem like Electroweb was normal webbing encased in electricity, so I can see how Socratic decided to utilize this threads.
Socratic, I find it unlikely that a simple Sunny Day+Heat Wave could dehydrate the trees enough to allow them to burst into flame, as it would take more than a few second for the plant life to be completely dehydrated (-1).
I'm neutral towards this part, but during your appeal, Socratic, I got a really Stephen King feel form it. It was really Pet Semetary-ish, imo, especially the spoken words. That being said, I feel like your Appeals are becoming a bit too psychotic for something that's supposed to be able to happen in the Anime (-2).
“... if it was attached to them, weren’t going to be saved,” (-1).
“Yes the flames were still...” You need a comma after Yes (-1).

Stuff I did like:
I thought using the silk you believed was there to go under light screen and attack Cayci was amazingly clever and worked really well (-3).
“I pulled my hands out of my pockets,” I really liked this more than you can understand; the fact that you remembered your hands were there and followed though proves that you pay amazing attention to detail (-1).
Using the dry air to create static electricity that powered up your power was a great bit to add in (-2).
Sabi, you've done a fantastic job avoiding and countering all of Socratic's moves. From the manipulation of the fire to dodging the Inferno (-6).

Saraibre Ryu

[Cayci] Galvantula
Health: 85%
Energy: 54%
+1 Acc; Taunted for one more action; protected by Light Screen for one more action; BRN.

Socratic Sarcasm

[Esme] Chandelure
Health: 82%
Energy: 69%
Flash Fire active for three more actions.

-

Just a note: Sucker Punch has not hit Esme yet.

Sunny Day is active for one more Round.

Socratic Sarcasm, your move, please.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-26-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

The trainer just shakes his head in an excessively patronizing manner, not particularly caring that Cayci was coming after the Chandelure with a powerful, super effective attack. He smiles as he says quite softly,"Focus and suspend her ."

The thing just smiles, and, most ominously, does not giggle, laugh, cackle, or in any way express mirth. It is simply eerily serene as at appears to be waiting for something.

Cayci approaches most swiftly, but a few split seconds before she would have been able to hit the beast, she stops. She doesn't even hit the ground. Cayci just stops, in midair, suspended by an unseen force.

Well, not completely unseen. There does appear to be a faint purple aura surrounding the tarantula Pokemon. And the source of the mysterious force becomes known when everybody notices that same, faint glow coming out of the beast's eyes.

The Luring Pokemon smiles. Technically. Its lips curled up at the corners, certainly. It brushes a arm-fixture from right to left, smirking as it applies a vector of force to the Telekinesis.

Cayci begins to spin in a circle, first slowly, then much more quickly as the Chandelure moves it more. But this isn't enough for the sick Pokemon, as it pushes the Galvantula perpendicular to the plane it's spinning in, making her spin in a sphere.

It's technically not hurting Cayci. It is humiliating her, toying with its prey before it feasts.

Appeal:
Spoiler:

Calm Mind+Telekenesis

Old 02-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

I could really only watch as Cayci was suspended in a spin cycle, that was stuck on high speed. I doubted spiders got vertigo in the first place, but being stuck in a, quite literal, spin like that was a problem. She had managed to get her legs tucked in just a bit, however was still rather helpless from my point of view. I knew the spider was acrobatic at best, but this was pushing it a little too far. Time was running out and I had to think of something fast. Sure the lamp couldn’t hold onto her forever, and I half expected her to be stopped in such a way, but the spinning… the spinning…

Idea~

“Cayci, I’m going to have you turn yourself into a pyrotechnic visual.”

I heard an audible, Galvantulain… Galvantulese?... Gal- whatever you would call it, it was a cry of confusion. More specifically it sounded more like the tone of ‘what the hell kind of crazy idea is that?!’ but considering what we were dealing with, I still looked perfectly sane. I snapped my fingers twice with my left hand, leaning to the left just a bit with my right hand on my hip. I was going to make this fun. Well, no, Cayci was going to make this fun.

“Give them a wild storm Cayci!” I instructed her. “Don’t forget the music.”

Cayci looked... well I wasn’t sure what direction she was looking in, she was spinning quite quickly but I assumed it was blankly ‘forward’. As she continued spinning, sparks and electricity began to form around her, rapidly encasing her in an electric sphere that spat volts, charges and all kinds of static in every direction. Soon her entire body was a circulating electric ball, imitating the appearance of a sparkler. However, she was supersized, incredibly bright, in that Chandelure’s face, and the Chandelure was only making her spin faster. To make matters worse for her, now there was a significant amount of cracking that was only increasing with volume. Soon the sparks started to randomly change to a reddish orange colour as sound started to emit from Cayci. Combined with the electric sparks, they flew in all directions, creating a beautiful visual effect that resembled mini fireworks.

Just one wasn’t enough though; no one liked just one set of fireworks.

“Cayci, let’s amp this up a bit please darling.”

The spider was calmer now that she had grasp of the idea; I could just feel it from the way she was reacting to me. With a shrill cry of glee, a surge of electricity in the form of a few, larger-than-normal, static charges flew from Cayci’s body. From the pulse of electrical energy, three additional, smaller orbs of electricity began to form and spiral on the same level in mid-air as Cayci. Soon they grew into the same size, imitating her very motions as the Chandelure left her spinning. The sparks from each Cayci copy collided with each other, creating smaller bursts of red and gold sparks and littering the field with light and static. The crackling came in all types of variations: from higher cracks to lower, tiny rumbles. It was some kind of show, and I certainly was enjoying it. It was a break from that maniac’s possessed furniture, and her idea of ‘fun’. The amount of energy produced from Wild Charge, while being somewhat contained in the field of Telekinesis was strong enough that the 'Cayci's' could keep the charge maintained from the friction of their already electrically charged fur, and the dryness that promoted such static.

“Finale time.”

From each spinning orb, a horizontal pulse of electricity surged outward, creating a large flash of light that temporarily blinded everyone for just a couple of seconds and, completed with it's own subtle thunder crash. I was going to need to remember to bring a pair of sunglasses next time I was going to have her do that. Once the light subsided, each spinning spider had moved just slightly from their original position, meaning they could have moved completely due to the force of electrical energy, or not at all. It would now be an entire guessing game for our shady friend.

Or… lamp shady… no, let’s leave the terrible puns at that.

Spoiler:
Wild Charge+Bug Buzz~Substitute+Double Team~Thunder Wave+Flash

Telekinesis can hit adjacent targets, so that is how the other copies came out levitated as well.