Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital
Default OPEN: MadHairGirl vs Gmandiddy -- gmandiddy wins by DQ.

Quote:
Single Battle, One Pokemon each
DQ: Three days
Damage Caps: 50
Restrictions: No OHKOs, no chills, no direct recovery moves.
Arena: The sea, as far as you can see.
Off the coast of a small collection of tropical islands lies the battle field where this stand off will take place. It is wise to only bring a water type Pokemon into this battle or something that can swim, as there is no access to the islands without one thought other types will find themselves at a severe disadvantage. Typically, floating on the surface of the rolling waves are medium sized platforms for the trainer and their Pokemon to stand on. Water types may ofcourse start the battle in the water.
Ref Style: Open

Go

[Bliss] Blissey (F)
Ability: Serene Grace
Stats: N/A
Signature Move: None

Spoiler:

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 08-04-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:15 PM
MadHairGirl Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: OPEN: MadHairGirl vs Gmandiddy

I'm going with Thor!

[Thor] Horsea (M)
Ability: Swift Swim
Signature move: n/a

Thor, start off with a Dragon Dance and then follow it up with Brine.

Dragon Dance ~ Brine

Believe.
I II
Old 07-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Sunny Day ~ Thunderbolt

Spoiler:
Old 07-16-2011, 10:40 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Water lapped calmly against the edges of the platform I stood on; but I wasn’t watching that. Two trainers stood on similar platforms a little while away – each of them held a small, red and white ball. On my left was gmandiddy a fairly experienced member of the ASB by now who had a fairly large team of pokémon to use – it would be interesting to see which he used for this battle. On my other side was a more recent arrival to the League, MadHairGirl, who’s full skills were as of yet unknown; maybe this battle would be ac chance for her to show her true potential.

Gmandiddy went first, tossing the ball he was holding onto the nearest platform. The ball split in half and a pink, fluffy pokémon appeared on the floating disc, wobbling a little as she tried to get her balance on the floating platform. A large pearly egg filled the pouch on her, white, lower half. After a barely noticeable gulp, MadHairGirl threw her ball at another of the nearby circles; unlike the first, this one bounced and split over the calm waters. Light poured out of the ball to form a small, blue seahorse. It swam around the platform a few times to stretch his fins before turning to face his opponent. The Blissey stared at the Horsea. The Horsea stared at the Blissey. This could be interesting.

Round One

gmandiddy

[Bliss] Blissey (F)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Quite confident
Moves: Sunny Day ~ Thunder Bolt

MadHairGirl

[Thor] Horsea (M)

Condition: Not sure about this
Moves: Dragon Dance ~ Brine

Thor knew that he couldn’t hurt his opponent unless he went through a little preparation first. Though it didn’t look possible, the blood of mighty dragons ran through the veins of the small seahorse; these dragons were fast, powerful and merciless and some of these traits had been passed onto the little water-type. He began to swim quickly, making more blood flow to his muscles, increasing their power and building up their strength. Once he stopped, the dragon hatchling felt a surge of power, which made him feel like he could take on the world – this battle would be easy.

But it was about to get a little more difficult. Blissey were known for their ability to take even the strongest hits and come out fighting on the other side; they were also known for being generally annoying. The happiness pokémon’s trainer knew that water-types weren’t as powerful when the sun was beating down heavily on them so he told his battler to make it sunny. A ball of fire filled her stubby arms and was shortly thrown into the still air; it hung a few feet above the water, pouring light on everything below it. I looked up at the new miniature sun with a little annoyance – I burn far too easily without help from something like that.

Thor and his trainer were also annoyed by the artificial sun that Bliss had created; it had the potential to make things quite a bit more difficult for the seahorse – even though he didn’t need to worry about sunburn. However, he was determined that he was going to beat this pink menace if it was the last thing he did. The sea beneath the Blissey’s platform began to rise until it was spilling over the edges of the small disc. She wobbled, flailing her stubby arms, as she tried to regain balance despite the sudden movements. But the water kept rising and soon Bliss was up to her waist in the salt water. Unfortunately, it caused very little damage; Thor wasn’t very pleased.

And now it was time for the chubby, pink nurse to fight back. Electricity sparked and crackled on her short arms while Thor could only watch with fear. Lightning forked out from the maniacal pink nurse and smashed into the poor Horsea like a ton of bricks. He writhed and screamed in pain but Bliss would show no mercy. When the lightning finally stopped, Thor was much worse for the wear; he had been burnt in several places by the sheer ferocity of the attack. Who would have thought that a god of thunder was so vulnerable to lightning?

gmandiddy

[Bliss] Blissey (F)

HP: 99%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Ready to get this over and done with

MadHairGirl

[Thor] Horsea (M)

HP: 77%
Energy: 89%
Condition: Still not too confident; +1 Attack, +1 Speed

Notes
Dragon Dance- (Horsea -4% Energy, +1 Attack, +1 Speed)
Sunny Day- (Blissey -7% Energy; Sunlight is in effect)
Brine- (Horsea -7% Energy; Blissey -1% HP)
Thunder Bolt- (Rolled 3/10, 1 to paralyse, re-rolled 2/10, 1 to paralyse; Blissey -13% Energy; Horsea -23% HP)

Arena Notes
The sun is shining
As she’s confined to the platform, Blissey may not use Physical attacks
Old 07-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KantoBreeder View Post
Water lapped calmly against the edges of the platform I stood on; but I wasn’t watching that. Two trainers stood on similar platforms a little while away – each of them held a small, red and white ball. On my left was gmandiddy a fairly experienced member of the ASB by now who had a fairly large team of pokémon to use – it would be interesting to see which he used for this battle. On my other side was a more recent arrival to the League, MadHairGirl, who’s full skills were as of yet unknown; maybe this battle would be ac chance for her to show her true potential.

Gmandiddy went first, tossing the ball he was holding onto the nearest platform. The ball split in half and a pink, fluffy pokémon appeared on the floating disc, wobbling a little as she tried to get her balance on the floating platform. A large pearly egg filled the pouch on her, white, lower half. After a barely noticeable gulp, MadHairGirl threw her ball at another of the nearby circles; unlike the first, this one bounced and split over the calm waters. Light poured out of the ball to form a small, blue seahorse. It swam around the platform a few times to stretch his fins before turning to face his opponent. The Blissey stared at the Horsea. The Horsea stared at the Blissey. This could be interesting.

Round One

gmandiddy

[Bliss] Blissey (F)

Condition: Quite confident
Moves: Sunny Day ~ Thunder Bolt

MadHairGirl

[Thor] Horsea (M)

Condition: Not sure about this
Moves: Dragon Dance ~ Brine

Thor knew that he couldn’t hurt his opponent unless he went through a little preparation first. Though it didn’t look possible, the blood of mighty dragons ran through the veins of the small seahorse; these dragons were fast, powerful and merciless and some of these traits had been passed onto the little water-type. He began to swim quickly, making more blood flow to his muscles, increasing their power and building up their strength. Once he stopped, the dragon hatchling felt a surge of power, which made him feel like he could take on the world – this battle would be easy.

But it was about to get a little more difficult. Blissey were known for their ability to take even the strongest hits and come out fighting on the other side; they were also known for being generally annoying. The happiness pokémon’s trainer knew that water-types weren’t as powerful when the sun was beating down heavily on them so he told his battler to make it sunny. A ball of fire filled her stubby arms and was shortly thrown into the still air; it hung a few feet above the water, pouring light on everything below it. I looked up at the new miniature sun with a little annoyance – I burn far too easily without help from something like that.

Thor and his trainer were also annoyed by the artificial sun that Bliss had created; it had the potential to make things quite a bit more difficult for the seahorse – even though he didn’t need to worry about sunburn. However, he was determined that he was going to beat this pink menace if it was the last thing he did. The sea beneath the Blissey’s platform began to rise until it was spilling over the edges of the small disc. She wobbled, flailing her stubby arms, as she tried to regain balance despite the sudden movements. But the water kept rising and soon Bliss was up to her waist in the salt water. Unfortunately, it caused very little damage; Thor wasn’t very pleased.

And now it was time for the chubby, pink nurse to fight back. Electricity sparked and crackled on her short arms while Thor could only watch with fear. Lightning forked out from the maniacal pink nurse and smashed into the poor Horsea like a ton of bricks. He writhed and screamed in pain but Bliss would show no mercy. When the lightning finally stopped, Thor was much worse for the wear; he had been burnt in several places by the sheer ferocity of the attack. Who would have thought that a god of thunder was so vulnerable to lightning?

gmandiddy

[Bliss] Blissey (F)

HP: 99%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Ready to get this over and done with

MadHairGirl

[Thor] Horsea (M)

HP: 77%
Energy: 89%
Condition: Still not too confident; +1 Attack, +1 Speed

Notes
Dragon Dance- (Horsea -4% Energy, +1 Attack, +1 Speed)
Sunny Day- (Blissey -7% Energy; Sunlight is in effect)
Brine- (Horsea -7% Energy; Blissey -1% HP)
Thunder Bolt- (Rolled 3/10, 1 to paralyse, re-rolled 2/10, 1 to paralyse; Blissey -13% Energy; Horsea -23% HP)

Arena Notes
The sun is shining
As she’s confined to the platform, Blissey may not use Physical attacks
Thunderbolt ~ Thunder Bolt

Spoiler:
Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

MadHairGirl, please post your moves within the next 24 hours or you will be disqualified.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:23 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

MadHairGirl hasn't posted and has therefore been disqualified.

gmandiddy gains $10
KantoBreeder receives $5 for Reffing one Round.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 08-04-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Closed Thread