Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-15-2011, 11:10 PM
tangelahound56 Offline
New Trainer

Default Pokemon Gijinka Academy

Welcome to Pokemon Gijinka Academy (PGA for short,) a huge school campus located on an island off the coast of the Unova region. The academy is refuge to Pokemon gijinkas. It is a place where they can meet others like themselves, as well as hone and learn to use their abilities, as well as get a regular education (there are regular classes here too.) A Pokemon gijinka, is a human who is born with a Pokemon soul. It is not not yet known why these humans are born like this, however as a result, they are able to communicate with the species of Pokemon whose soul they share. They can also use that Pokemon's abilities, and in some cases they recieved some of the physical characteristics of that Pokemon. The academy is home to many gijinkas young and old. Few people know of it's existence. The academy has been around for decades, and has been able to be a secret for so long due to the presence of a few kind humans in the world.

However, society in general fears gijinkas. They are considered abominations and freaks of nature. Some parents send there children here out of shame after finding out their child is a gijinka. There are also humans who wish to capture gijinkas and use them for malicious purposes, as though they were a regular Pokemon. There are even some gijinkas who wish to use their powers for selfish deeds. However, the school has usually been good at spotting those with ill intentions.

Some gijinkas, save for their powers, and in some cases hair or eye color, can pass for "Normal" humans. There are others however who aren't so fortunate. They have the physical traits of a Pokemon, or have difficulty controlling their powers. It gives them away as gijinkas immediately. These type of gijinkas rarely leave the island.

The academy building, where classes take place, is a large nondescript building that's several stories tall. P.E. classes, are held either outside in a field set up for it behind the building, or in a small gymnasium nearby. Next to the campus on either side, are the towers for the boys and girls dormitories respectively. A walking distance away, there is the Academy Village. Despite being called a village, it is as big as a regular town, and contains all the things towns do. Including a movie theatre, several restaurants a shopping mall, and more. The island itself is tropical, there is a beach with swimmable oceans, and a large rainforest. Wild Pokemon do live on the island. These Pokemon are not allowed to be captured by anyone. They are usually studied in their natural habitat for the science classes except for once a year on the anniversary is this rule bended for one hour.
---
I have no set plot for this. Anything you want to do is fine with me. Remember, we need students and teachers.

Rules

1. All Forum rules and RPG rules apply obviously.

2. No legendaries (The last thing I need is someone being an Arceus gijinka and beating everyone.) Rotom and Phione do not count as legendaries

3. Try to be active. If you must leave give someone permission to control your character.

4. You can use as many characters as you can handle, but keep track of them all.

5.There can be more than one of the same species, so don't worry if someone else joins as the Pokemon you wanted.

6. Have Fun. I will be enforcing this. If you're not having fun, then get out. xD

The Choices are either be a Student or Teacher.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Pokemon:
Abilities:
Other:

You will have a Pokemon. Only one per character. It will be the same species as you are. It can speak human speech, but only you or any other gijinkas of the same species (This includes evolutionary families) can understand it.

Pokemon Sign Ups

Name:
Species:
Personality:
Old 07-17-2011, 05:03 AM
Dark Umbreon Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Gijinka Academy

Ill be a student.
this is my first Role play.

Name: Xam Shade
Appearance: Tall & thin, glasses, thick hair, Red umbreon eyes, yellow circles one arm. Black shirt w/ yellow sleeves ripped jeans.
Personality: Serious always thinking logicaly. Has as instict to attack if threatend, teased ect.
History: Ran away when he attacked people.
Pokemon: Umbreon
Abilities: Night boosts his speed and strength. The full moon heals him. He sweats poision.
Other: Very smart

Pokemon Sign Up

Name: Night
Species: Umbreon
Appearance: Looks like umbreon w/ left ear ripped
Personality: Helpful Always joking trying to cheer Xam up.

Last edited by Dark Umbreon; 07-20-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Needed to add things
Old 07-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Elecii Offline

Reserve me a spot, please. [:

i can't love you more than this
Old 07-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Pokemon of Destruction Offline

Sounds good but I have a question before I'll join. What is a pokemon gijinka?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon of Destruction View Post
Sounds good but I have a question before I'll join. What is a pokemon gijinka?
I know I'm not the RP Master, but a Pokémon Gijinka is another term for Pokémorph, from what I've seen.

I think this makes a decent example ^^

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 07-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Dark Umbreon Offline

I have two questions:
1. Can we be other people on the island(towns folk, employes, ect.)?
2. What things do the teachers teach?
Old 07-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Dachampster Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Umbreon View Post
I have two questions:
1. Can we be other people on the island(towns folk, employes, ect.)?
2. What things do the teachers teach?
Because all Pokemon mutants want to do is work at 7-11
Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Moonlight View Post
I know I'm not the RP Master, but a Pokémon Gijinka is another term for Pokémorph, from what I've seen.

*rest of post here*
"Actually, a Gijinka is a human with some pokemon traits; mostly just a tail, wings, or weapons, and wear clothes to look more like the Pokemon they are. A Pokemorph has all the pokemon's traits but in a humanoid form, and mostly dress normally..."

A good friend of mine brought up a mistake in my definition, and that's the proper description. Should have double checked before posting, but at least the error is fixed ^^

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 07-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Pokemon of Destruction Offline

Name: Zac Dawson
Appearance: Blue hair, black shoes, yellow shirt with a spike, blue pants and black gloves with a spike each. Average height with his skin tinted blue and has red Lucario eyes that turn blue when controling aura.
Personality: He is a kind and smart person. He is up for a challenge and loves to train his aura.
History: He came he to help his abilities and to see others like him.
Pokemon: Lucario
Abilities: Can sense and use aura, enhanced strength, durability and speed.
Other:

Pokemon Sign Ups

Name: Samerai
Species: Lucario
Appearance: ordinary Lucario
Personality: He likes to show off but other than that he is just like his trainer.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 PM
mickmon95 Offline

Send a message via MSN to mickmon95

Name: Lucy Goldheart

Appearance:

Personality: Lucy is a fiesty girl. She does whatever she wants. She is not afraid to stand up to anyone. She has a short and fiery temper. She is easily angered and easily offended. But when calm and collected she is very fun and playful. But when it comes to getting things done she is as serious as can be. She can be selfish at times and childish. But still a good person over all.

History: Growing up Sinnoh Lucy was seen as a freak. Her ears and tails would scare the other children. But in her begins of her teenage years she was teased viciously. Which angered Lucy really quickly and her anger made her powers get out of control. She would end up burning others. She was a danger and pretty soon expelled. Her parents were told about the academy and decided to send Lucy there to master her abilities.

Pokemon: Vulpix

Abilities: Conjure up fire from her hands and release streams of fire from her mouth. Can provide heat and light with her fire.

Other: None

Name: Vivi

Species: Vulpix

Appearance: Same as ordinary Vulpix.

Personality: Vivi is extremely over protective of Vivi and is always watching out for her. She is a kind and caring pokemon. She has strong motherly instincts and feels the need to help those in need.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Dark Umbreon Offline

Student

Name: April Sunrise
Appearance:
Without ears.
Personality: Happy, Cheerful, Can get a little scared easily.
History: Lived at an orphanage and was always being called a freak. When the orphanage found out about PGA they inrolled her and a few other there.
Pokemon:Espeon
Abilities: Can move things with her mind and read thoughts.
Other:Doesn't like useing her abilities

Pokemon

Name:Ray
Species:Espeon
Appearance:Normal espeon
Personality: A little mischevious and secertive but always happy.

Last edited by Dark Umbreon; 07-20-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Change pic
Old 07-31-2011, 04:04 AM
babygirl13 Offline
New Trainer

Smile Re: Pokemon Gijinka Academy

First time role playing!

Human Student~
Name: Kay Sparks
Appearance:

Personality: Kay is a sweet and shy girl. First time on her own she often is insecure about herself and her appearance. She can be extremely patient yet knows how to stand up for herself. Even if she usually lets others do work for her she tries her hardest though usually messes something up. Above all she loves and is loyal to a fault when it comes to someone she cares about. However it is very hard for her to forgive once she has been double crossed.

History: Grew up in a castle as she is a princess in her hometown, her parents loved and cared for her and tried to protect her from the harsh world. She was sent away from her castle due to prejudice in the kingdom, parents sent her for her own "safety"

Abilities: Metronome without knowing what she's doing or what to expect from it

Pokemon~
Name: Baby
Pokemon: Togepi
Appearance: Regular togepi
Personality: Fiesty, pushes Kay to be stronger
Old 08-19-2011, 05:01 PM
ShinyLugia Offline

Name: Taylor Morgan
Appearance:
Just a little bit different than that. She wears a purple jacket, a red T-shirt, black pants cut off above her knees, and is barefoot, revealing the claws on her toes that prevent herfrom wearing any shoes; this is the same reason why she can only wear fingerless gloves for her hands. She has actual wing/blade things (Not sure what to call them) on her arms, instead of sleeves. (Jacket only comes down to her elbows because she ripped off the ends of the sleeves to make room for her wings/blade things.

Personality: She is nice...uh...ish, but has a mean side. She WILL use her attacks on anybody who gets in her way. She doesn't really like puns, and most would think of her as a 'literalist' or 'killjoy'.

History: When she was born, she was chucked straight out of the hospital window (She grew up in a bad part of town) and was raising herself, stealing clothes and food with a Gible that she found in an alleyway. She was considered an outlalw, but it was fun, and she liked her life, so she never really changed. The Gible evolved, and refused to evolve into a Garchomp, even when she hit the right level. They were finally caught on her 15th birthday, and shipped off to the acadamy.

Pokemon: Gabite

Abilities: Can fly, but hasn't learned how to yet. More like 'extended leap'. She knows how to use a few moves in Garchomp's moveset, such as Flamethrower, but others, such as Outrage, elude her. She sometimes uses the latter kind by accident.

Other: Due to being an outlaw she may speak to her Pokemon but cannot speak English very well because she never got a chance for a proper education, and lacks skills such as reading, writing, and math. She strongly dissaproves of science, but seems to have a knack for battling.

Pokemon Sign Ups
Name: Sora
Species: Gabite
Appearance: Shiny
Personality: Is very loyal and will do anything Taylor says. Other than that, she is almost the exact opposite of her. Sora is kind, easygoing, but has a very dark side as well, and seems to be living in her dark side...Only with a lot of care can she be healed and able to become a friend to anybody (With the exeption of Taylor.)
Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 PM
mailtoad Offline

Name: Alexis Smith

Appearance:

Personality: Alexis is very shy due to her past, and so very rarely talks to people. She feels very confident in water, and this is the only place she is not shy, often showing off her skills in competition, but as usual, when not in competitions she is just as shy as on land.

History: When she was younger, her village was very accepting of her problems, but when she left to go to high school, she was bullied because of her requirements to be wheeled around the place as she cannot walk on land. As a result of this, her parents began searching for alternative schooling. They found the academy, and now Alexis has been here for five years, and has managed to hone her skills to a high standard, this coming year, she will be a teacher at the school thanks to these aforementioned skills.

Pokemon: Dewgong

Abilities: She can breathe indefinitely underwater, and can shoot beams of ice from her hands.

Other: None

Pokemon Sign Up

Name: Gong Gong
Species: Dewgong
Appearance: A doubly long Dewgong.
Personality: A very good friend of Alexis, Dewgong has been with her since Alexis was 2 and Gong Gong was still a Seel.

Eevee: Evolve to Espeon@130 Finished@310
Ludicolo are NOT FUNNY

Last edited by mailtoad; 08-23-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Dark Umbreon Offline

I was wondering since this hasn't started if I could remove April Sunrise.