Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:55 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: +;The NEW Official Pe2k Podcast Thread;+ [Check for permanent places!] - Intro up

Plus, if people can't make it, they can record a feature segment. The segment could be 1 to 2 minutes in length and focus on a certain aspect of Pokemon like an interesting fact or how Ash Ketchum would react in real world situations (like driving a car).

Grace could then add the recording in at the end of the show before she uploads it.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: +;The NEW Official Pe2k Podcast Thread;+ [Check for permanent places!] - Intro up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Plus, if people can't make it, they can record a feature segment. The segment could be 1 to 2 minutes in length and focus on a certain aspect of Pokemon like an interesting fact or how Ash Ketchum would react in real world situations (like driving a car).

Grace could then add the recording in at the end of the show before she uploads it.
That would be extra fun for me to poke fun at, er, I mean preview on Youtube. =D Jk jk. Don't hit me! xD
Old 07-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Recurring but not every-time members:

-I'd like a two days notice for my involvement.
-I'd be willing to do a couple podcasts per month.

I am interested in being an active team member, though.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthar View Post
Recurring but not every-time members:

-I'd like a two days notice for my involvement.
-I'd be willing to do a couple podcasts per month.

I am interested in being an active team member, though.
Would love to have you on there! No need to be serious about it though. Apply with a joke... Like:

"Michael is so funny *fake laugh* can I join?"
Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
Oooh, this is very nice ^^. Sounds like fun to me...fun enough for me to wanna be in the next Podcast, if not a more permanent position!

I realize if I do get to be in the podcast and I am the only one new in the lineup, I shall be the oldest one there. For while XaiakuX is 20...I am 22 x3
I'll still be the longest existing member. Having joined in 2004. I still got you beat there, man.

Anyways, GOSH! Uh.. so many people want permanent/recurring roles. xD

Uhh.. Xanthe, how exactly do you plan on making all of this happen..?

I wouldn't mind Zach recurring, cause he's quite a character to have. He also sings and plays music, so he's rather entertaining.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:22 PM

I'll have to talk with her very soon.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
I'll have to talk with her very soon.
I would like to be a part of this conversation, since I would like to speak with her anyways. xD

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:58 PM

Definitely. I will start working on a few things about the podcast, mainly how to keep it on task and on point. You guys can take care of the time-zones and members.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Can we have a group conversation over AIM or something? xD I'd like to be involved too.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 07-20-2011, 04:54 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Really quick question that I most likely overlooked here. Is this weeks podcast on Friday or Saturday in Australia?

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
Really quick question that I most likely overlooked here. Is this weeks podcast on Friday or Saturday in Australia?
I said a couple of times that it'll be Friday night, 'cause I can't do Saturday.

And I'm not sure, Caleb. ;~; So many people want to be in it that I'm getting confused. I'll have to do it tomorrow when I get home from school since I can't do that now, and yeah, we can have a group chat tomorrow night, if that's okay. ^^

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Hrm.. Listened to the latest Podcast and I felt it went on for FAR TOO long.

Suggestions:
-Time Length Should be around 15-30 minutes.
-Have a list of topics to dicuss.
-Keep it Pokemon and Pe2k Related
Find interesting threads, and talk about current happenings on the forum. Go out and investigate the different aspects of the board itself!

Based on the Torchic episode, It seemed like it was a friendly chat more than a real Podcast. Introductions on yourself and guest should be kept quick and short! A brief discussion on the Pokemon it's about would be nice as you all did, but keep in mind the audience that would be listening to it. As well as the age of our average members!

Keep all this in mind if you guys really want to call it the OFFICIAL Pe2k Podcast.

What I did like about the Podcast was the talk about the Manga, as well as the different opinions that were brought to the table in how the Pokemon company runs things in different countries.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Have you heard the previous podcasts? They often went for 45 minutes to an hour. And we probably stayed on topic more than they did, but it's better that we're not restricted by a constant "STAY ON TOPIC DAMMIT" because that gets too rigid and boring. 15 minutes is definitely too short for a podcast, and I can call it the official podcast easily. It's not like anyone else would start up a different podcast and make it more official.

I think you'll find that people like this sort of podcast, and yes, the point of it is to be chatting to each other about certain things pokemon related or not.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Yes, I've heard all previous Podcast. I felt they went on too long and were nothing more than just a bunch of friends posting a chat for the community with Pokemon being the means of them getting together.

While they still brought an element of Pokemon and Pe2k to them, they'd diverge from what the means of the actual Podcast was originally suppose to be about.

I didn't state just 15 minutes. It's 15 through 30 minutes long. This time frame allows for your general banter and forces you to keep to the main focus of the Podcast. That being about Pe2k and Pokemon. Which is what would make it the Official Pe2k Podcast.

While the time frame may be short, it allows you to make MANY more episodes and to continue on topics from previous Podcast. If they go on for longer you'll lose the listeners attention. I honestly found myself doing other things while listening to it in the back round instead of just focusing on the actual discussions you all were having.

I'm not saying you should change the way the actual conversations happen. Just have some sort of organization to it all so it will flow better. Still keep an element of who you are and your twist, while being constricted by the general time frame and format.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

I definitely get where you're coming from, but there's only so much time you can spend talking about ONE pokemon. I thought it would be easy. Then I did an episode. And I changed my mind.

I agree that it was too long, and I know we got off topic a lot (which is really easy to do). But, I did state several times that the first episode wasn't going to be planned even to the point where I had a list of topics, because, and I did say this, it was totally last minute and it was purely for the point of a first episode. Obviously the second one will be more planned out and whatnot. I knew we weren't going to have endless topics to discuss in the first episode because, like I said, that was the first one. You don't need to tell me half of this because I know already. x__x I guess I should thank you for the input, but unless you've been in a podcast before, it's not accurate for you to make comments regarding length and topics and whatnot. And clearly it'll be harder this Friday, considering we're going to have more than 4 people this time.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!