Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 07:37 PM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC
Default SLC vs Jesse -- SLC wins by DQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
1. Single battle, 1 Pokemon each
2. DQ: Three Days
3. Damage Caps: 50
4. Restrictions: - No OHKOs. - Three Chills.
5. Arena: A basic field. With short grass.
6. Ref style: Open
I'll send Fraxure.

[La Tormenta] Fraxure (M)
Ability: Mold Breaker

AIM: Politoed Prince

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-05-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse
Default Re: [OPEN] SLC vs Jesse

Skitty (Female)
Ability: Cute Charm
Signature Move: None

Ill use

Fake out ~ Wish

But if He Protects on Fake out I will use

Charm ~ Wish
Old 07-25-2011, 07:43 PM
SLC Offline

Default Re: [OPEN] SLC vs Jesse

I'll take the Fake Out like a man!!!

Scratch ~ Taunt

Old 08-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: SLC vs Jesse

Prebattle

The field was stereotypical. It was sky above dirt on grass on rock on magma on rock then dirt then grass again. The sky was suitably cloudless, shedding no variety whatsoever on the sight of two people facing each other on the field while a young girl sat idly by in a lawnchair reading some book that nobody cared to know the name of.

"Send out your Pokemon!" she called, without bothering to look up from the text. "Challenger first, if you please!"

These endless fields of short grass are getting on my last nerve, thought the referee. However, she hid her comments as the challenging Trainer readied his Pokeball.

He tossed it through the air with an expert hand, sending the sphere spinning onto the grass. The Pokeball bounced up in the air, then snapped open, letting out a beam of bright red energy. The beam formed a vague blob of red light, which in turn formed into the silhouette of a short, draconian creature. The red leached away, revealing that the bipedal dragon was covered in gray scales from the legs down, excepting the three red spots on its belly. Its upper half was protected by leathery green plates. Its mouth was dominated by long, red-tipped tusks. La Tormenta the Fraxure snarled threateningly to show how powerful she was, narrowing her crimson eyes and flexing her sharp claws.

The other Trainer gave his choice a moment of consideration before sending the Pokemon out. From the Pokeball he tossed came a significantly smaller, cuter, and happier creature than Fraxure. It was a Skitty: silken pink coat, cream-colored belly, stubby paws, closed eyes, thin tail with a random bulb on the end. The Skitty called her name out in a squeaky voice, landing neatly on the ground. "Skit skit!" she cried. Her eyes were half-closed, but she could see the snarling Fraxure in front of her without any trouble at all. Sensing an imminent battle, she poised herself for a leap. "Skit!" she mewed a challenge. "Frax!" Fraxure replied.

"Let the battle begin!" called the ref before immersing herself into the book once more.

SLC

Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Scratch ~ Taunt

JokesterJesse

[-] Skitty (F)
Energy: 100%
Fake Out/Charm ~ Wish

Skitties usually maintained a delicate, nimble stride; however, in this case, such daintiness was tossed aside. Mewing, squealing, and purring with unfiltered joy, Skitty bounded through the grass - which her face barely cleared - and at La Tormenta. The Fraxure stared at the spasmodic pink furball with confusion. Skitty obviously wanted to play, but this was a battle. La Tormenta didn't know what to do, but Skitty seemed pretty harmless; he suffered her approach. Skitty stopped running a few feet in front of La Tormenta, switching to a quick walking pace. Still smiling and purring as loudly as possible, she walked fearlessly up to her opponent. She stopped suddenly and whirled fast, slapping Tormenta across the face with her tail. Tormenta stared at his still-smiling opponent in shock, utterly forgetting that he was supposed to be attacking Skitty rather than rubbing his bruised face.
[Fake Out: La Tormenta, -5% HP; Skitty, -4% Energy]

La Tormenta shook her head, growling angrily at Skitty for tripping her up. Now Tormenta would return the favor. He lowered hie head, meeting Skitty's narrow gaze with his own red eyes literally glowing. He grinned devilishly, showing his sharp teeth. Then, he began to laugh at Skitty; still holding her gaze, he laughed as derisively as he could, pointing contemptuously at the little cat. Tormenta's eyes continued to glow, filling Skitty's mind with a very uncharacteristic emotion: rage. Tormenta's insults were infuriating, and Skitty could feel her blood churn with vengeful wrath. However, she had no way to unleash her anger at the moment - which only frustrated her further. Feeling helpless, she growled the best she could at La Tormenta, who was still chuckling at the farcicality of the battle's matchup, and at Skitty's obvious frustration.
[Taunt: La Tormenta, -6% Energy]

SLC

Health: 95%
Energy: 94%

JokesterJesse

[-] Skitty (F)
Energy: 96%

Ref Notes
Fake Out's Crit Roll was 22, with 1-6.25 critting.
Taunt lasts for two more actions.
What am I forgetting?
This battle was boring. Oh well.

SLC, your moves please.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 08-08-2011, 08:48 AM
SLC Offline

Haha, set up a couple of Sword Dances!

SDance ~ SDance

Old 08-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Since it's been eight days, I'm going to give Jesse 24 hours to post before disqualification. It probably should be less, but 24 hours appears to be standard practice lately so w/e.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 08-16-2011, 06:26 PM
JokesterJesse Offline

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Double Edge Copycat
Old 08-27-2011, 03:07 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Two

SLC

HP: 95%
Energy: 94%
Condition: This is quite funny
Moves: Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance

Jokester Jesse

Skitty (F)

HP: 100%
Energy: 96%
Condition: Smouldering with anger; Taunted (two more actions)
Moves: Double Edge ~ Copycat

La Tormenta wanted to start beating his opponent into some sort of pulp, but his trainer seemed to think that it would be better for him to spend his time building up strength so that when he did start hitting her it would hurt a hell of a lot more. Taking the blood-stained blade from his mouth, he tried out a few slashes and feints before launching himself into a fast-paced routine of blinding attacks and lightning-quick defences. The dance slowed to a halt and the dragon returned the knife to his mouth, feeling blood pump through his muscles. He was stronger than before now, and he wanted blood.

Skitty wasn’t able to hold herself back from resorting to violence though. Her anger made it impossible to listen to reason – logic was being drowned out by a single-minded obsession with hurting La Tormenta in any way possible. In fact, the urge to maim was so strong that she didn’t even care about her own safety anymore. She ran at the Fraxure, leaving a trail of gold energy behind as she went. The grass tickled her nose but she didn’t mind; nothing mattered but beating her tormenter. She leapt at the dragon and rammed into his chest, knocking him to the ground. He wheezed. She had knocked the breath out of his lungs and now he was struggling to get it back in again. He glared at the prancing cat – he was hungry for blood.

However, his trainer still didn’t want him to attack, so he had to take out his anger on the air once again as he began a second dance. His heart pumped, sending blood to the muscles which powered the body. These muscles seemed to be growing stronger with every passing minute. The Fraxure roared, feeling the surge of power flow through him. He knew that the time was coming when he would be unleashed upon his foe was coming and didn’t doubt his trainer’s plan. His bloodlust would be fulfilled in time – he just had to be patient.

Skitty saw that whatever La Tormenta was doing seemed to be increasing his power. She knew that a power boost was just what she needed. Luckily, she had been taking mental notes of everything he had done and was now ready to copy his every move. She started the routine, trying to suppress the urge to leap at the dragon and give him another beating. Her focus slipped and she tripped over her tail. She groaned. There was too much anger built up inside her for her to settle for anything other than violence. She lay on the grass, allowing the anger to subside; it was replaced by a complete lack of motivation. Nothing seemed to be worth the effort anymore; she just wanted to lay down and give up.

SLC

HP: 80%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Ready to unleash the storm; +4 Attack

JokesterJesse

Skitty (F)

Energy: 75%
Condition: Losing interest in the battle

Notes
Swords Dance- (Fraxure -3% Energy, +2 Attack)
Double Edge- (Skitty -18% Energy, -5% HP; Fraxure -15% HP)
Swords Dance- (Fraxure -3% Energy, +2 Attack)
Copycat- (Fails, Taunt is in effect; Skitty -3% Energy)

Arena Notes
None

Last edited by KantoBreeder; 09-06-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:27 PM
JokesterJesse Offline

Double Edge ~ Chill
Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 PM
SLC Offline

Dragon Claw ~ Dragon Claw

Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Three

SLC

HP: 80%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Ready to unleash the storm; +4 Attack
Moves: Dragon Claw ~ Dragon Claw

JokesterJesse

Skitty (F)

Energy: 75%
Condition: Losing interest in the battle
Moves: Double-Edge ~ Chill

La Tormenta felt power surging through his body. He looked down at Skitty, getting ready to finish her off. Purple fire suddenly appeared around his deadly claws as anger rose within him. Skitty’s mood of apathy quickly changed to one of panic as the ferocious dragon charged at her, spitting purple flames as he went. Talons raked across the cat’s back and she screamed in agony. She scampered away from the snorting dragon; her back was still stinging badly and she knew that it wouldn’t take too many more attacks like that before she was finished. As she reclosed the distance between herself and her opponent, she knew that she would have to stop him quickly.

With very little to choose from, the hyperactive cat decided that she would use the most powerful weapon in her arsenal. She dropped her head and charged at the smiling dragon, who made no move to dodge or block her. She collided with him at full speed, sending them both sprawling on the grass. La Tormenta rolled over before getting back on his feet. The tackle had hurt him quite a bit but he’d taken worse before, especially when he went against that Mankey. Meanwhile, Skitty was rubbing her head cautiously; the trouble with such a reckless attack was that you were certain to take a bit of damage yourself – Skitty could do without adding to her own pain at that moment.

However, Fraxure seemed to be able to think of nothing better than adding to the poor cat’s pain. Purple fire wreathed his claws once again as he closed in on the petrified Skitty. A dark grin spread across the dragon’s scaly face as he closed in on her, taking his time so that her fear could overtake her mind. The claws struck the quivering cat across her face, leaving scratches and burn marks. Screaming loudly, Skitty tumbled away from her attacker, rolling for several feet before she stopped. She was sore and her body ached – this had to end soon or she wouldn’t be able to take any more.

She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down before attempting. The pain was too much her to focus on an attack for the moment – she needed a bit of time to gather her thoughts. Closing her eyes, she decided to take a short rest before having another go at taking down her opponent. La Tormenta watched her lay there resting. He was beginning to have second thoughts about beating her into a pulp. Since his last attack, he had been beginning to doubt himself, wondering whether or not he was doing what was right. Seeing her now, he realised how much he loved her; he was surprised that he hadn’t noticed it before. Behind him, SLC groaned; his battler falling before the last hurdle was just what he needed. This was just great.

SLC

HP: 65%
Energy: 74%
Condition: Not sure what’s going on; +4 Attack; Infatuated

JokesterJesse

Skitty (F)

HP: 40%
Energy: 63%
Condition: Hoping to get this done quickly

Notes
Dragon Claw- (Rolled 5/10, 3 or less to infatuation; Fraxure -7% Energy; Skitty -25% HP)
Double-Edge- (Skitty -18% Energy, -5% HP; Fraxure -15% HP)
Dragon Claw- (Rolled 3/10, 3 or less for infatuation; Fraxure -7% Energy, Infatuated; Skitty -25% HP)
Chill- (Skitty +6% Energy)

Arena Notes
None
Old 09-06-2011, 03:26 PM
SLC Offline

Outrage ~ Outrage

GOOD GAME JESSEKINS

Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

JokesterJesse, you will be disqualified in 24 hours from this post if you do not post your action commands.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 10-02-2011, 01:09 AM
White Knight Offline

This be over, yo.

SLC gets $10 for being a winrar.
Velo gets $5 for doing nothing.
Kanto gets $10 for being a ref-machine.

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Closed Thread