Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi
Default POTM August Graphic Art Contest: Dratini, Dragonair & Dragonite

*Banner to be Inserted*
Pokemon of the Month August
Graphic Art Contest

Welcome to the first Pokemon of the Month Graphic Art Contest. We ask you to create a Graphic Submission featuring at least one of the Pokemon of the Month: Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite.

Rules:

You may only submit entries that have also been submitted to the Creative Dex.

So once you've finished your entry, please submit it to the Creative Dex:
-Dratini's thread
-Dragonair's thread
-Dragonite's thread
(Remember you may submit it to both the Dratini and Dragonite threads if it contains both a Dratini and Dragonite in it, etc.)

You do not have to wait for it to be accepted to the Creative Dex, nor does it eventually have to be accepted. As long as you submit it, you may enter here!

On August 22nd, entries will close and a voting poll will be put up. The winner will be announced on August 27th and will have their artwork displayed on the PE2K website in all its glory, along with your answers to the questions in the entry form. All entrants will also have their artwork featured.

I encourage everyone to enter just for fun!

Entry Form:

Code:
Title:
Link to Entry:
What was your inspiration/a short description:
What do you like/dislike about the Dragonite family/personal reflections:
Link to Creative Dex submission post:

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 08-11-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: POTM August Graphic Art Contest: Dratini, Dragonair & Dragonite

Oh, hey, I was wondering if you guys was going to make one of these for Graphic Art ^^

Title: Cosmic Dragon

Link to Entry: http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m...niteBanner.png

What was your inspiration/a short description: Well, when I saw that first PoM article on the main website, I though "Oh hey! Cool! I'm totally going to do something for it!" And so, I looked around for a Dragonite render. I found a good one on a Pokemon card, one that I thought had a decent flow, then started working. Of course, PlanetRenders decides to go down on me the same day... so I had to get my c4ds from a different source. Being lazy, I just googled it and found a cool render with stars added with it. I really liked the effect that the stars brought in, so... the rest is history. ^^'

What do you like/dislike about the Dragonite family/personal reflections: Hey, I'm a huge fan of dragons, so the Dragonite family is all right in my book ;D But seriously, though, I love Dragonair's elegent design. Long, lithe, graceful... but potentially dangerous! Its probably my favorite in the family, though I admire Dragonite for its strength and interesting build. Dragonite seems almost comical to me in its design, but it can be a real incredible Pokemon. And it represents a gentler side of dragons, I think. While in the first Gen, Charizard is meant to look fierce, Dragonite appears gentler, more like a giant teddy bear of a dragon. I think this gentler side makes Dragonite seem much more lovable, added with its strength and status as a Psuedo-Legendary.

Link to Creative Dex submission post: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...52&postcount=2

Old 08-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth
Default Re: POTM August Graphic Art Contest: Dratini, Dragonair & Dragonite

Title: Miraculous Dragonair
Link to Entry: Click here
What was your inspiration/a short description: Dragonair is a mythical creature that has a form that doesn't look like Dragon, but is the only Dragon-type in RBY. Dragonair will mystically evolve to an orange dragon that rules the ocean. Based on that, I created this graphic.
What do you like/dislike about the Dragonite family: I love Dragons! They're tough and amazing. I always train Dragonite Family in RBY and GCS, and also HGSS. Dragonite's stats and design are great. His pre-evolutions are cute too.
But it's hard to train them in RBY.
Link to Creative Dex submission post: http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...41&postcount=3

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Last edited by Foxamivalth; 08-16-2011 at 07:21 AM.