Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 08-09-2011, 11:35 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01
Default Individual RP: WinterVines

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Hey Chainy, I have a job for you," Leo called across the room. "An avalanche at Oktori has uncovered a new cave and I want you to go check it out."

"Why me?" I asked indignantly. I'd just bought a new video game and I'd been planning to test it out. "You heard about it so you should go take a look."

"I've got a run to take to the Botanic Gardens," Leo replied, "and this needs to be done soon before any Trainers stumble across the area."

I groaned, but knew Leo was right. I picked up my pack and essential items and began to head out the door. Leo shouted out to catch my attention, and I turned back, pausing mid-step.

"I've also sent Ivy along to help you out," he called.

"She's back?" I asked, surprised. Ivy had gone on vacation somewhere - no-one knew where. I was pretty sure it had been to settle down the mental bond she had recently made with Haji, but maybe she just wanted to soak up some sun. I wasted a couple seconds thinking about Ivy in a swumsuit.

"She'll meet you at the entrance," Leo said. He then sat down at his desk and pulled out a video game system - I recognised the music. It was from the same game I had just bought.

I muttered insults underneath my breath as I reached out for Dual with my mind. He was off training with Sasha, a Medicham he'd recently taken underneath his wing.

Dual, we're off on a run to Oktori, I thought. Ivy'll be there.

I could feel a surprised little warm glow off Dual. Most of my Pokemon got on well with Ivy, Dual in particular. <I'll teleport us both there,> he said. <Can I bring Sasha?>

Sure, why not, I replied.

I waited around for a couple seconds. I could feel Dual preparing the long-range teleport. Slowly, the world began to swirl around and turn blue, and I could feel myself being teleported to Mt Oktori. It kind of felt like being on a conveyor belt. As I moved through time and space I wondered if Ivy would be there already.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Ivy Frost
Area Effects: N/A
Pokemon Encountered: N/A
Pokemon Captured: N/A
CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Calm
TM/HM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind, Reflect, Light Screen, Substitute, Protect, Psyshock
BM/SM/MT: Heal Bell, Stored Power, Signal Beam, Growth

Haxbat (M) - Crobat - 100%
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Careful
TM/HM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Grass, Steel Wing
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird, Nasty Plot, Heatwave, Super Fang, Hypnosis, Zen Headbutt

Ambipom (M) - 100%
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
TM/HM: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Thunder Wave, Taunt, U-turn, Low Sweep, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Work Up
BM/SM/MT: Fake Out, Seed Bomb

Candle (F) - Chandelure - 100%
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Brave
TM/HM: Flame Charge, Calm Mind, Hidden Power Electric
BM/SM/MT: None

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x5, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 08-10-2011, 12:52 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Individual RP: WinterVines

TP#1

Ivy wasn't sure why she was early for everything. Before, that gave her too much time to think, back when thinking was dangerous. After the events of her last run at Deckbi, she had spent days trying to get out of the web she had woven herself into by thinking about everything that had happened. She didn't black out again, but she had gotten sick - something she really hated.

Now that all of that mental stuff was settled though, she didn't mind the thinking too much. She liked the sense of calm she gained, and she hoped that was going to help her be both a better Ranger and a Trainer. The time off had done them all good, she knew, since she even got time to train with her partners.

Her Litwick had evolved into a Chandelure in those two weeks as well, something she had never accomplished before. That had been pretty fast, but the little candle had liked to battle, and Haji had been more than happy to test his skill against her even more. Larvesta was moving along at a nice pace too, happy in her new environment.

Ivy had thought about bringing her with on this trip because she'd have an advantage over a lot of the ice Pokémon that lived here, but she really disliked rocks, and despite growing up on Deckbi, she still didn't like them. She thought maybe the small moth had been in some sort of accident with them when she was younger. It was fine for her to stay home though. It was supposed to be nice today; she could soak up the sun rays from the window seat.

Candle had been more than happy to come, and Ivy was glad at least one of her Pokémon were Fire-typed. Oktori got cold, especially at night, and she didn't want to get stranded somewhere without a source of heat. Not that whoever she was going with wouldn't be prepared, and Haji could always warp them out, but just in case.

Catching some new Pokémon should be a good time. Her own partners had been bugging her since the last one, asking her when she was going to go back. She wouldn't lie, she liked the extra company. Her Pokémon were the family she didn't have for real.

Haji shifted on her lap, his purple ears twitching as he moved his head. She reached up to rub them, enjoying the Winter weather as she waited for her other Ranger. It was her favorite season.

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 08-11-2011, 12:52 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ivy began to lead me along the path that would take us to the cave the quickest. Even though we were investigating the cave, this was still a run, so we had the ability to capture Pokemon we came across. I wasn't going to let Ivy distract me from doing my job. If I saw a Pokemon, I'd offer it to her to capture, and I knew she'd do likewise for me. I had a feeling I wouldn't be seeing much stuff though - Ivy sure was a sight for sore eyes.

I chatted to Ivy a little bit, asking about how her vacation had been and what she'd got up to. I carefully avoided the subject of where she'd been - I had a feeling she didn't want to share that information. That was fine with me, we all had our secrets. Even if mine was shared between fifteen different people.

The snow fields at the base of the mountain were purest white, and they seemed to shine, even though it was darkest night. Small specks of snow drifted down, purifying the land and covering the dirt. The strange clash of white and darkness almost made me miss Ivy's first Encounter. My eyes passed over a small dark quivering lump. I originally thought it was a bush, but then the "bush" began to walk towards us. I activated the night vision and saw that the little lump was actually a Swinub. I gently tapped Ivy on the shoulder and pointed it out to her.

"Wanna try to catch that Swinub?" I asked. "I don't mind waiting around."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Swinub(?)
CC since last Encounter: 2253

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%
TM/HM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind, Reflect, Light Screen, Substitute, Protect, Psyshock

TM/HM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Grass, Steel Wing
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird, Nasty Plot, Heatwave, Super Fang, Hypnosis, Zen Headbutt

Ambipom (M) - 100%
TM/HM: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Thunder Wave, Taunt, U-turn, Low Sweep, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Work Up

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x5, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Astonish, Fake Out, and Work Up and F please.)

TP#2

They left the gate and traveled along the path, both of them looking for Pokémon the other could battle. There was a while were they didn't see anything, and she thought that maybe it was because they were nearing nightfall. There were still some orange streaks in the sky behind them, and it colored the snowy mountain with a red gold.

The ground was still a bit dark though, despite all the snow cover. The snow really came in handy when it was true night, when the light from the moon could shine off of it. Then it was usually brighter naturally than when a light was used. She did have a flashlight in her vest though, since they were planning on heading to the caves. They might even have to pass through other caves to get there since cutting through the mountain would probably be the fastest route.

Chainy tapped her on the shoulder as she seemed to miss something he saw. When he pointed, she saw a dark bush, only it was moving toward them. She tried to look away from the sun to let her eyes adjust to what she was seeing, and then the lump shifted colors.

It was a shaggy brown with darker stripes of hair running down its back. It was probably only a foot long total, so it looked more like half of a basketball than a Pokémon. It had a cute pink pig's nose and seemed to be closing its eyes most of the time. She knew that was probably just its hair covering them though, since it seemed to be moving pretty slowly toward them. She guessed it was interested in her.

“Wanna try to catch that Swinub? I don't mind waiting around,” Chainy said, and she thought about it for a second.

Haji reminded her that Mamoswine were powerful creatures, and that if it didn't want to stick around with them, she could surely help some other Trainer out that was looking for one. She nodded then, reaching into her cloak and the inside of her vest for one of the pockets against her turtleneck. She pulled out a plain red and white Pokéball and dropped it to the ground, reflexively catching the ball as it sprang back up to her hand and putting it away.

A two-tailed purple monkey appeared in front of her. His two finger-tipped tails swayed back and forth, and he had a large grin on his face at the proposition of a battle. His round ears twitched and he turned around to show her that smile as he danced from foot to foot in excitement. Other than Haji, she had worked with Ambipom the most, and she thought it showed.

He was still happy to battle due to his naturally cheerful nature, but it wasn't the wild motions that he used to have. There was skill crafted into his limbs now, and his movements were more controlled. Instead of carelessly dancing around, he know shifted his weight from foot to foot with purpose; if he needed to jet off in a direction, he could. His hands on his tails clenched and unclenched lightly too, ready to take action. She was proud of how far they had come. The only thing she regretted was still not having a name for him.

“Alright, Ambipom, this battle is yours. We'll take it easy at first since I don't know what this thing can do. She looks quiet but I'm sure Swinub can do some damage.”

She thought for a minute, looking at their surroundings and what they could use. There wasn't much in terms of environment, since everything was covered in a blanket of snow. “Let's start out with an Astonish; see if you can startle her a bit with your quickness. I know you've been working on that weird face to creep out Larvesta.” That was the other Pokémon of hers that didn't have a name yet. “After that, run up and hit her with a Fake Out with your tails, but be quick. Don't linger in case she retaliates. Then give her some space and get back here to work yourself up a bit. Really get that battle haze going. You'll need to hit harder later.”

Ambipom nodded, the spiky hairs on the top of his purple head flopping as he did. Ambipom rubbed his hands together in front of his cream-colored belly, working up to his move. His face started to morph just like he practiced.

There was probably little chance that the Swinub wouldn't react to them, but she believed Ambipom could handle it. He had worked hard, and she wasn't going to deny him the chance to prove himself just because he could get hurt. She had been violently against letting them get hurt before, but now she understood that some things were more important than that. Everyone got hurt; it was the getting over it that showed the real strength.

From her bond, she felt Haji send waves of approval, and she smiled. “Go for it, Ambi.”

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ivy gazed at the Swinub for a couple seconds before reaching into her coat and pulling out a PokeBall. She dropped it to the ground, and it exploded a white light before bouncing back up into her hand like a basketball. The Pokemon that was revealed was an old friend - her Ambipom.

“Alright, Ambipom, this battle is yours. We'll take it easy at first since I don't know what this thing can do. She looks quiet but I'm sure Swinub can do some damage," Ivy warned the monkey.

Ambipom shuffled from foot to foot, just like I remembered. However, it looked slightly different that on Deckbi - instead of just having boundless energy, the Normal-type was focusing it, and using it like a weapon. It watched the Swinub as the small Ice-type crawled forward , preparing to do battle. I wasn't sure of the reason it wanted to battle - perhaps it just wanted a Trainer. It wasn't uncommon for Wild Pokemon to actively search out a Trainer they felt were worthy.

“Let's start out with an Astonish; see if you can startle her a bit with your quickness. I know you've been working on that weird face to creep out Larvesta. After that, run up and hit her with a Fake Out with your tails, but be quick. Don't linger in case she retaliates," Ivy commanded. "Then give her some space and get back here to work yourself up a bit. Really get that battle haze going. You'll need to hit harder later.”

Ambipom bounced from side to side a couple times before shooting off towards the Swinub. He braked hard in the snow using his legs right in front of the little brown Wild Pokemon. I couldn't see the face he made, but it must have been truly terrifying because the Swinub immediately recoiled, almost onto its back. Ambipom then brought both of his tails whipping around, and slapped both sides of the Swinub's face at the same time. The Swinub fell onto its side and shook a bit - like it was in shock. Ambipom backflipped away from the flinching Pokemon using his hands and his tails. He stopped right in front of Ivy, sending a spray of snow gushing backwards. It washed around Ivy's boots easily, but my thick work-shows didn't fare as well. I grimaced and shook my feet, trying to get the snow off from around my socks. Ambipom continued to bounce around, stretching his muscles and getting even more excited.

The Swinub got back onto its feet and a large orb of ice began to swell up around its nose. It sucked some of the snow up like a vacuum, feeding the attack. The Swinub didn't charge the Ice Beam for very long, though - it was only a few seconds before it lanced out towards Ambipom. The agile monkey attempted to dodge the attack but the beam caught him on his side, spinning him around and causing him to fall over. He got back up and seemed relatively unharmed, but he was holding his side carefully. It was probably just stinging, but I decided to keep an eye on it just in case.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Female Swinub: 77% (used Ice Beam)

Jolly Male Ambipom: 81%, ATK+1, SATK+1 (used Astonish, Fake Out, Work Up)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Swinub(F)
CC since last Encounter: 6799 / 9000

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Ambipom (M) - 100%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#3

Swinub's Ice Beam bit into Ambi's side, but he was putting on a brave face. He didn't look too injured, and after asking Haji to inquire about it, she found that he really was okay.

The fading sunlight shined on the little pig-like Pokémon from its position now, and dhe made a mental note to try and keep Ambipom facing the other way. That sun was still distracting since the rest of the environment was dark, and she didn't want him to get stunned or miss one of his attacks because he couldn't see.

“Great work, Ambipom,” she told him, offering a smile. “Now that you're in the battle mode, we need to hit it hard. The quicker we get to the other side of the mountain, the better.” She wasn't too inclined to hurry, but she didn't want her partners out in the cold for too long. They still had a lot of distance to travel.

“Let's try to stay out of the sun, just in case. It sets faster now, but the light's still jarring because the rest of the place is dark,” she reminded him, and he nodded thoughtfully, only slightly tilting his head back to look at her. His feet shuffled back and forth, eager to get moving.

“Alright, here's what we're gonna do,” she started, looking once more at the battlefield. “Start off with your Seed Bomb. You'll have to dig under the snow to get materials for it, but it should work. A little bit of energy will hold the ground together, and when you throw them at the Swinub, they should break apart all around her.”

She scuffed her foot in the snow, digging in to uncover the dirt below. There was a small grass layer there for some reason, even though she had never known a time when Oktori wasn't blanketed in ice and snow. She supposed if it hadn't always been in the spot it is now, due to some earth shifting or something, there would be some vegetation that just froze too hard to die off first. It wasn't anything special, being a tough brownish moss, but it was something.

“While the explosions are going off, I want you to charge up a Fire Punch. Use your speed on that mound of snow-” She pointed to one on the left that was near the little Ground-type. “-and then use the added momentum when you jump off to crash into Swinub hard. We don't want to knock it out, of course, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem since Seed Bomb is mostly going to be for distraction at this point. Got all that?” she asked.

Ambipom nodded enthusiastically, already dipping low to scoop out snow with all four of his hands. The white stuff flung everywhere, but thankfully she and Haji moved to the side quick enough so they didn't get hit in the face. Even though the monkey was more disciplined in battle now, he still had his fun streaks. She didn't miss the grin on his face.

He quickly uncovered the ground and shoveled clumps of it out, using his two tail hands to form them into soil snowballs. He got a few ready and set them in a pile by his feet, waiting for her firing command. That certain energy that Pokémon seemed to have animated the orbs, and she knew they'd cause some pretty good explosions when they hit.

The spheres brought another thought to her mind, and she gnawed on her lip as she debated it. “You know, this is a bad idea, but I'm going to throw a Park Ball after your Fire Punch.” She reached into her vest for one of the devices, expanding it and getting ready to toss. “If it doesn't work we'll just try again, but if she gets startled enough, this just might work. Ready, Ambi?”

The monkey nodded, done with his preparation. He lifted the stack up in his arms, balancing the pile on his chest while his two tail-hands got ready to throw. She knew they'd be coated in flames after he was done with this.

“Launch them high so they come down with a bang,” she said as she tensed her arm to throw.

Ambipom nodded, and then he let the grass bombs fly.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:56 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“Great work, Ambipom,” Ivy congratulated her Pokemon. “Now that you're in the battle mode, we need to hit it hard. The quicker we get to the other side of the mountain, the better."

Ivy looked around, trying to figure out what to do. This was actually a good chance to see how her vacation had paid off, although I doubted she had gone somewhere cold enough for it to snow.

“Let's try to stay out of the sun, just in case. It sets faster now, but the light's still jarring because the rest of the place is dark,” Ivy suggested. Ambipom looked back at her and nodded slightly, but was sure to keep an eye on the Swinub.

“Alright, here's what we're gonna do,” Ivy started. “Start off with your Seed Bomb. You'll have to dig under the snow to get materials for it, but it should work. A little bit of energy will hold the ground together, and when you throw them at the Swinub, they should break apart all around her.”

Even though Ivy clearly wasn't finished with her orders, Ambipom began to shuffle around, shoveling the snow to one side with his large tails and picking clods of dirt interwoven with strands of brown plant matter. Those plants were either dead, hibernating, or the toughest Florae mofos in the entire universe.

“While the explosions are going off, I want you to charge up a Fire Punch," Ivy continued. She pointed to a lump of snow to the Swinub's right, and Ambipom took a quick look. "Use your speed on that mound of snow and then use the added momentum when you jump off to crash into Swinub hard. We don't want to knock it out, of course, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem since Seed Bomb is mostly going to be for distraction at this point. Got all that?”

Ambipom nodded and continued to shovel up dirt into his arms. Ivy seemed conflicted on something, but after a second, she announced to her Pokemon that she was going to try to capture the Swinub after the Fire Punch. That was very different to the Ivy I used to know - if she was battling a Wild Pokemon, she'd go for the late capture as opposed to the quick one.

"Ready, Ambi?" Ivy asked.

Ambipom nodded, standing up and leaning backwards slightly to support the load of earth.

“Launch them high so they come down with a bang,” Ivy commanded.

Ambipom nodded again. His ambidextrous tails bent down and picked up parts of the earth pile before throwing them towards Swinub. It occurred to me that there was no way the Swinub would just be waiting around - it had probably been preparing an attack itself.

The earth clods arced high up into the air like a mortar. Once Ambipom had launched his entire load, he began running towards the mound of snow Ivy had pointed out. He reached it just as the first Seed Bomb fell, exploding right in front of the Swinub, pushing it back. The next one exploded behind it, and the next one to its left. The rain of explosives distracted and damaged the Swinub as Ambipom reached the pile and pushed off it with his feet and his tails. Unfortunately, it was fresh snow so it wasn't as compacted as Ivy might have wanted, but nonetheless it sprung Ambipom towards the Swinub. The monkey's right fist was covered in ruby flames that expanded as he neared his target.

Ambipom rammed his fist hard into Swinub's side, sending the Ice-type flying. However, that was what the Wild Pokemon was hoping for. A sudden explosion of snow and ice erupted out of the ground behind where the Swinub had been standing. It slammed into Ambipom and pushed him roughly all the way back towards Ivy.

Ivy looked worried about her Pokemon - being hit by an Avalanche was no small damage-inducer - but she was focused on the battle. She threw a Park Ball towards the Swinub, and the sphere tapped it on its back. The Wild Pokemon was absorbed into the ball in a red flash, and the camoflage-patterned ball shook to and fro on the freshly fallen snow. After a couple of seconds, it emitted the capture tone.

"Good job, Ivy," I said as I walked over to pick up the ball. "You've picked up some serious skills since I saw you last."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F)
Pokemon Captured: Docile Swinub(F)

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x4, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 08-13-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:57 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Short post is short)

TP#4

Ivy watched the Park Ball enclose the Swinub, and to her surprise, the ball stayed shut. Chainy's voice carried across the field as he went to retrieve the Pokémon. “Good job, Ivy. You've picked up some serious skills since I saw you last.”

She smiled a little at the praise, scratching her head. She hadn't really thought it would work, but she was glad it did. Now they could get going toward the caves.

“Thanks. We spent a lot of time Training.” She had spent a lot of time being sick too, but those were unpleasant thoughts. Then she turned to Ambipom with a smile on her face. “You did great.”

The purple monkey cheered his approval, running around her and flinging snow with his limbs. She laughed and told him he deserved a rest before returning him to his Pokéball and putting it back in her vest pocket. Haji rubbed up against her legs, happy too.

“Well, I'm ready to go when you are,” she told Chainy. “Did you hear anything else about the caves? They kinda sprung this on me as soon as I was in the front door.”

Old 08-13-2011, 10:02 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ivy smiled and looked away, scratching her head.

"Thanks, we spent a lot of time training," she replied. She congratulated Ambipom and he sprayed snow around happily like a child. I was glad to see Ivy hadn't trained his personality away. Some Trainers did that - worked and worked their Pokemon until they were little more than machines. Ivy had instead focused his boundless energy and taught him to use it to succeed in battle.

My Trainer laughed and returned the Pokemon to its ball. It was weird thinking of myself as her Ranger, but for this run, she technically was. Man, I could make all kinds of jokes about that, ones that Buzz would appreciate, but Ivy'd just find a way to make me regret it.

“Well, I'm ready to go when you are," Ivy said.

"Sure, let's head out," I said, raising my hand in an indication for Ivy to lead the way. She inclined her head and we set out, the fresh snow crunching underneath our boots. The hill continued to incline - it wouldn't be long before we reached the mountain itself.

"Did you hear anything else about the caves?" Ivy asked. "They kinda sprung this on me as soon as I was in the front door.”

"No, Leo said that he'd heard about it, but I have no idea from whom. More than likely he found it but wanted to spring the job on someone else. It'd have to be a fair size, or else we wouldn't bother going to take a look at it. In before it's some kind of trick or prank," I replied wryly.

After a little bit we came across a Snover, which I successfully captured. The hills kept on getting steeper, but that wasn't the most interesting thing we saw. I pointed out to Ivy a Jynx who was building a house or chair or something out of snow. I raised my shoulders and tilted my head in a silent question.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 1026

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x4, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 08-13-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:33 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: 9,750 – 500 = 9,250 Just in case)

TP#5

Chainy apparently hadn't heard anything either, having had the assignment pushed on him from Leo. That figured; Leo had probably been told to go but had something he thought more important to do, like chasing girls.

The other Ranger mentioned that it could possibly be some kind of trick or prank, but she wasn't sure. She didn't think the boss would send them out in the middle of the night for something like that, unless... She shook her head. She didn't think the others at the office were that clever.

At any rate, it should be a good trip. She rarely got to see the other side of the mountain. A lot of Trainers chickened out before going all the way up or around or through the thing, choosing to find things closer to the exit. They got cold easy or something. The farthest she had been was with a Trainer that battled a Lucario deep in the caves.

They eventually came across a Snover that Chainy captured, and then they continued on up the path. The slope increased its angle, and she knew they'd either be getting to the split in the road that took you several ways around the mountain or into the caves, going straight through. She didn't know which one she preferred. Since the weather was so calm, seeing the moonlight reflecting off the snow was pretty peaceful. If the weather turned foul though, she'd be thankful for the shelter from the elements. She decided she'd just leave it up to Chainy.

Soon a Jynx appeared, and it looked like she was busy building something out of the snow. She carefully stacked rolled snowballs on top of each other and smoothed down edges. Ivy couldn't really tell what the structure was at the moment, but she was sure the Pokémon was working hard on it.

Chainy motioned to her with a silent gesture, asking the question without words. She shook her head. She'd rather pass, and if the Jynx wanted to stop her work just to fight with them, she'd get a doll. She was sure Chainy had one laying around.

On a side note, she reached into the long pocket on the right side of her cargos, pulling out her Poképlayer and a disk. “I don't really need a Jynx right now, but I've been having these dreams about a Mienfoo for some reason. I remember one from the last Oktori run I was on. Maybe it's some sort of sign.”

An Angel Redwing had caught that Mienfoo, and it had seemed a little attached to her. She'd been dreaming about it lately, so it had spurred her to get a disk back at the Outpost. It couldn't hurt, she supposed. She pressed the button and listened to the call, hoping that the Jynx would just let them pass.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:49 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ivy looked at the Jynx, and it seemed to remind her of something.

“I don't really need a Jynx right now, but I've been having these dreams about a Mienfoo for some reason. I remember one from the last Oktori run I was on. Maybe it's some sort of sign,” she said.

Ivy pulled out a bright red circular Pokeplayer - the newer version, as opposed to the old boom-box style that I'd seen a couple of veteran Trainers use. She put in a disk and pressed the play button. A strangely kitten-like cry burst out of the disk. I recognised it as a Mienfoo - Jakk had captured one recently for use in his gym. The Jynx didn't even look at us, though. It just kept on making its sculpture. I shrugged and led Ivy on past it.

We came across a path and Ivy seemed to recognise it. I figured that knowing where we were would be a bonus, so we took the path in the direction that was heading to the mountain. Along the way we ran across a a Tyrogue, who was doing jumping jacks. Probably wanted the exercise.

"Want to try battling that?" I asked her.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 3596

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-14-2011, 03:18 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Just in case. 11,250 – 500 = 10,750)

TP#6

Thankfully the Jynx let them pass, content to keep working on her house or table or whatever it happened to be. Ivy felt Haji nudge her with his energy as they departed, maybe a thank you for letting them pass. She didn't ask him since even though they were bonded, she respected that he had his own thoughts and motives.

They trudged along the path, crunching through the undisturbed snow until they came across another Pokémon that could probably be enticed into battle. A Tyrogue was doing jumping jacks along the side of the road. His bandage wrapped wrists almost touched as he swung both of his arms upward. His yellow eyes were focused and his jaw was clenched as he exercised. From what she understood, they took their training very seriously.

“Want to try battling that?” Chainy asked.

She shook her head, having no need for the purple Pokémon. “Nah, he looks busy. Don't want to interrupt his training.” If he got fired up, he might run circles around her Pokémon until he wore himself out. If he wouldn't let them pass, she'd use a doll. There was no need to wear him down like that if she wasn't going to keep him.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:36 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“Nah, he looks busy. Don't want to interrupt his training," Ivy said.

The Tyrogue suddenly stopped and looked over at us. He gave us a rakish grin and jogged over. His hand thumped against his chest in a clear challenge to Ivy.

"Apparently, battling you IS part of his training." I grinned.

"Not today," Ivy replied, and she pulled a doll out of her pocket. Seeing as she was an Elite, I trusted her to pay for it later on. That's not to say that normal Rangers weren't trustworthy, but eh, never hurts to be cautious.

The Tyrogue took the Clefairy-shaped plush toy and immediately drop-kicked it towards a rock. The doll landed there and the Tyrogue ran after it, waving back to us as it did so. However, a purple-skinned humanoid stepped out from behind the rocks and picked the doll up. Its muscles flexed as it drew its arm back, and it pelted the doll even further away from the Tyrogue. The Tyrogue whined and made a nervous circle around the evilly-grinning Machop.

"Wow, that looks like a bit of a mean one," I said to Ivy, keeping an eye on it as it watched the Tyrogue run. "Do you want to try to battle it? Or do you reckon we should just move on and not get involved?"

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); ??? Machop(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-21-2011, 03:19 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: M please. Haze, Nasty Plot, and Sludge Bomb )

TP#7

The Tyrogue was insistent, so she ended up using a doll. The little fighter drop kicked it across the field, running after it like he was playing some sort of Pokédoll golf. He waved to them as he did, and they prepared to go until another Fighting-type came out from behind a nearby rock.

He was a blue-gray color, and he stood much like a human would. Three gray fins decorated the top of his head. He sported a somewhat evil grin, and with a cocky show of muscles, the Machop picked up the doll before Tyrogue could get to it and threw it even farther away. The Tyrogue sort of cowered away and ran when he got the chance.

“Wow, that looks like a bit of a mean one,” Chainy said. “Do you want to try to battle it? Or do you reckon we should just move on and not get involved?”

Ivy debated for a moment, taking in the smirking Pokémon and how tough he thought he was. She didn't stand for bullies when she was younger, though back then she hadn't been able to do much about them. She recognized the tough-guy act a little though, so she thought that maybe the Machop wasn't a jerk all the time. Maybe he was hiding something and just needed to act like he was king of the hill.

“No, I think we'll fight,” she said, reaching into her vest. She pulled out another Pokéball. She looked at Chainy for a second before throwing it down, and her massive purple Crobat appeared after the flash of light had faded.

The four-winged bat crooned a little as he stretched his massive wings, showing off the blueish webbing between them. He hovered in the air and sized up the opponent for a second before flying up in a loop to land behind her. He nuzzled into her neck happily, seemingly unaffected by the cold.

Ivy scratched Haxbat's head as she watched Chainy closely. He had a phobia of sorts, and she was worried having the Crobat around was going to upset him. It had caused some problems up on Deckbi the last time they went on a run together. Still, she wasn't going to ignore her flying friend. He hadn't done anything wrong.

“Hey, Haxbat,” she said happily, smiling at him from over her shoulder. “Looks like you're up for this one.” The bat nodded and flew over her, hovering in between her and the target. She knew he'd never let anything happen to her no matter how cautious he was.

“He looks kinda like a bully, so he might fight dirty. Be on the lookout for that, and try to stay out of his range. That grip is really strong, and I don't want him crushing your wing or something.” Ivy looked around, seeing the bright snow reflect the moonlight above. There wasn't much for the Crobat to hide in at the moment, and she wanted him to be in comfortable surroundings. He often played ninja. Then she got an idea.

“Start out with a Haze. Make it foggy enough to hide yourself. Then take to the air and do some Plotting on the way up. If he can think nastily, so can we.” With a chitter, the bat hovered back and forth in the air, starting to hum as he rose upward. Hopefully, it would start to fog up, giving the bat someplace to hide. It wouldn't hide him completely, but it might obscure Machop's vision a bit.

“Let's try something a little trickier after that. Once you've got your height, form some Sludge Bombs. I want you to say up high and drop them down like water balloons. You remember that party across the road from us right?” The bat chattered, confirming her question. “Even if you don't hit him, he'll have less places to step if he doesn't want to get gunk all over him.”

Ivy took a glance over at Chainy, making sure he was alright. She couldn't tell what he was feeling from the look on his face though, and she wasn't going to pry into his mind. She just hoped he wasn't too upset.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:11 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"No, I think we'll fight," Ivy said. I shrugged, and watched as she pulled a PokeBall out of her vest. She threw it down to the ground, and a flash of red temporarily blinded me. When I regained my vision, I saw Ivy's Crobat hovering around her. It chittered happily, obviously pleased to be out of its ball.

“Hey, Haxbat, looks like you're up for this one,” Ivy said to it. I also noticed that she was shooting me a sidelong look. During our last run together, Haxbat had been somewhat pivotal to our conflict. However, I felt fine. I couldn't deny that I felt a little uncomfortable around the bat, but I no longer felt the debilitating fear I once had. I hear a frenzied murmuring and turned around to see Sasha looking at the huge purple bat with fear in her eyes. Dual was quick to reassure her though, and from the way he was pointing at the Crobat's wings and body he was probably teaching the Medicham how to bring it down.

“He looks kinda like a bully, so he might fight dirty. Be on the lookout for that, and try to stay out of his range. That grip is really strong, and I don't want him crushing your wing or something. Start out with a Haze. Make it foggy enough to hide yourself. Then take to the air and do some Plotting on the way up. If he can think nastily, so can we," Ivy said.

As Ivy continued to give her orders, the Crobat began to fly up into the air, and gray mist started to cover it. Particles of snow drifted up into the air and began to enshroud the purple bat, hiding it from sight. The Machop looked over and saw us, as well as the cloud that was gathering and flying up into the air. Its eyes narrowed and it grinned. The human-shaped Pokemon took a few steps forward and raised its hand up in front of it, like it was praying. It suddenly began to move its hands around, making them into interesting shapes the breaking them and forming new ones. After six or so of the hand-signs, it raised its right hand to its mouth and blew a deep breath up towards the cloud. Surprisingly, a tongue of fire bellowed out of his hand, reaching up and searing through the cloud. The Haze was partially dispelled, and the Machop got a few glimpses of its opponent. I could tell by its wide eyes that it didn't like was it was seeing.

Haxbat began to hum really loudly, and purple orbs of gunk launched high into the air. The Machop began to panick, but it didn't lose control of itself yet. It raised both of its arms high into the air and a bright blue barrier appeared in-between its palms and the sky. The first Sludge Bomb splattered all over the Light Screen. The second and third hit the snow around the Machop, hissing as the poison ate away at the snow. Lucky for Ivy the toxins wouldn't reach the ground - if the poisonous material got into the soil we could be in for some serious trouble.

The barrage of Sludge Bombs continued like mortar shells, only about one in four actually striking the Machop's shield, but the rest began to create a hazardous swamp of poisonous material. Considering the Machop was a physical attacker, he was at a large disadvantage. Then again, he was already on the wrong foot considering he couldn't hit the flier.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Male Machop: 71%, LS-1 (used Flamethrower, Light Screen)

Careful Male Crobat: 93%, SATK+2 (used Haze, Nasty Plot, Sludge Bomb)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); ??? Machop(?)
CC since last Encounter: 3711 / 9000

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Haxbat (M) - Crobat - ACTIVE

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS