Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 04:24 AM
ash_ketchup Offline

Default Anyone hate Arceus like I do?

I'll have to admit arceus looks kind of cool. But I honestly do not like that pokemon. It is so cheap. And 90% of pokemon trainers nowww have at least 1 legendary in their competitive teams. (not a real percentage) I dont like arceus because all my n00b friends use him and has a team of all different type arceuses. anyone else hate arceus?
Old 02-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Default Re: Anyone hate Arceus like I do?

I happen to like Arceus cause of its multitype ability. Put a plate and its good to go.
Do you perhaps dislike or as you put it HATE Arceus cause you dont have a legit one?

Pokérus Empire
Old 02-28-2011, 04:34 AM
Tsujin Offline

Well yeah anybody is going to hate a whole team of Arceus' or even half a team of Arceus'. That just noob play right there. But Arceus is a very versatile pokemon with great base stats so it's no wonder one would use him. However only 1 is neccesary. He does come with quite a surprise as well considering his Multitype ability and movesets.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 02-28-2011, 04:37 AM
Zeraylph Offline

I never use legendarys, since the ones I have already have objectives on what they do, they do it damn fine.

I have no problem with anyone who battles me uses Arceus. I respect what pokemon people like to play with, why should they be restricted on what pokemon they like to play with.
Unless it's a competitive league.

Regardless if I lose or not, it's just a for fun battle.

It's unpredictibility with it's type change makes it a monster to figure out to take down.
But like all pokemon, it can be defeated.

I Once had a Porygon2 with Trace for WonderTomb in my team, never really needed it at all..... meh
Old 02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Mewtwo > Arceus

Arceus has decent stats and has the versatility of changing his typing with plates, but nothing beats good ol' Mewtwo. While Mewtwo is a glass cannon so to speak, he's fast enough to outpace almost everything in the game, and even with Arceus' general stat layout, it's quite easy for Mewtwo to demolish him with Life Orb and a super-effective attack.

Also, the Toys R' Us event Arceus is really crappy. Lv 100 with the lowest range on stats. Not good for online battling in any way, shape or form.

Last edited by Mewcario; 02-28-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Tsujin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
Mewtwo > Arceus

Arceus has decent stats and has the versatility of changing his typing with plates, but nothing beats good ol' Mewtwo. While Mewtwo is a glass cannon so to speak, he's fast enough to outpace almost everything in the game, and even with Arceus' general stat layout, it's quite easy for Mewtwo to demolish him with Life Orb and a super-effective attack.

Also, the Toys R' Us event Arceus is really crappy. Lv 100 with the lowest range on stats. Not good for online battling in any way, shape or form.
Heh? All Legit Arceus's were Lv. 100 and they weren't crappy if you SR'ed or RNG'd for IV's and EV'd him. I haven't bothered EV training mine but I've got a few different natures that I'm thinking of ideas with for Jolly, Timid, Modest, & Adamant. Just basic ones.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:30 PM
shadowinfernape Offline
Experienced Trainer

I don't hate arceus its pretty cool with high base stats but my friends over use arceus and judgement alot, each of them have at least 2 of them in there boxes

and more.

check it out if you can!

To shadowinfernape's fiery sprite shop
Old 03-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

Absol looks like Arceus but looks COOLER.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 AM
Pokomum Offline
Amateur Trainer

Yes. Me. But only because I can't get hold of one. Very infuriating. Praying Nintendo do an Archeus WiFi event at some point. I do have an inherited hack on a pre-owned platinum game I bought but I won't let it near my other games. It is a very regal looking pokemon though.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

Well, I don't have the Pokemon itself, just the persons who use them to gain reputation or in order to win a certain battle.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Tsujin Offline

He's not very hard to take out in a battle though. Also Pokemum. If you want an Arceus you can have a spare one I have. It's Legit from a Toys R Us event I went to.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Pokomum Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujin View Post
He's not very hard to take out in a battle though. Also Pokemum. If you want an Arceus you can have a spare one I have. It's Legit from a Toys R Us event I went to.
Serious? Not cloned or hacked, a genuine original? If it is I would love you forever.....
Old 03-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Tsujin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokomum View Post
Serious? Not cloned or hacked, a genuine original? If it is I would love you forever.....
Well I can give you the original. I usually clone all of mine when I give them away so we both keep a copy but you can have the "original". However I should say that there isn't anything wrong with cloning. It's as simple as copying and pasting. If I said "Hi how are you?" and then copied and pasted like this: Ctrl+C --> Ctrl+v --> "Hi how are you?" It's the exact same correct? When you clone a pokemon you are just copying and pasting it's data. There is no difference in either pokemon.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I think she is saying that it takes all the fun out of actually collecting the Pokemon.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujin View Post
Heh? All Legit Arceus's were Lv. 100 and they weren't crappy if you SR'ed or RNG'd for IV's and EV'd him. I haven't bothered EV training mine but I've got a few different natures that I'm thinking of ideas with for Jolly, Timid, Modest, & Adamant. Just basic ones.
I believe you never received this event Pokemon via Toy's R Us. The Arceus in this event STARTS AT LV 100! As in YOU CAN'T EV TRAIN HIM! The best you can do is feed him vitamins until it no longer allows you to. And no, not all legit Arceus' are lv. 100. If you get the flute and go to Mt. Coronet, the Arceus you face is Lv. 80. That is the Arceus I use for online competition, but even then I'll take Mewtwo over Arceus any day of the millenium.