Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Velocity vs. 3m0d0ll. -- 3m0d0ll wins by DQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Single Battle, 3 Pokémon each
DQ: Three Days
Damage Caps: None
Restrictions: - No direct recovery moves. - No OHKOs. This includes Perish Song and Destiny Bond. - Three Chills.
Arena: The Crystal Caverns
A huge cave full of crystals that glow in prismatic colors. The place is utterly dazzling, and it seems sacred. The arena is empty save for the combatants. The crystals often shift color, and when they do, things happen...
At the beginning of every round, there is a 25% chance that the crystals will change color, which is randomly selected from these colors. Each one boosts the listed type's move power by 5%.
Red = Fire.
Orange = Fighting.
Yellow = Electric.
Green = Grass
Blue = Water
Indigo = Dragon
Purple = Psychic
White = Ice
Clear = Normal
Ref Style: Open
I'll send out Volcarona. c:

Volcarona
Ability: Flame Body.
No Sig. move.

Last edited by paperfairy; 08-02-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: OPEN BATTLE: Velocity vs. 3m0d0ll.

[Freaky Blimp] *Drifblim (F)
Ability: Aftermath
Signature Move: None.

Okay, Freaky, let's start out with a Rain Dance, followed by a Weather Ball. Should your Rain Dance be prevented somehow the first turn, use it again instead of Weather Ball. However, if you can't use Rain Dance because you are taunted at any time, switch to Fly.

Rain Dance/Fly ~ Weather Ball/Fly/Rain Dance

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-07-2011, 10:22 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Alright, start off with a Quiver Dance. Then use Sunny Day to turn the Weather ball into a Fire-type attack.

Quiver Dance~Sunny Day.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Velocity

[Freaky Blimp] Drifblim (F)
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Moves: Rain Dance/Fly~Rain Dance/Fly/Weather Ball

3m0d0ll

[-] Volcarona (F)
Energy: 100%
Moves: Quiver Dance~Sunny Day

Round I

Walking into the cave, the ref noted that the colors of the crystals all around would change every so often. As a matter of fact, they were red as he took his position between the two trainers. Velocity to his right, Jenn to his left. At his cue, each trainer tossed out their pokeballs, revealing Velocity’s Drifblim and Jenn’s Volcarona. The crystals in the cavern shifted color as the match began, from red to blue.

Volcarona decided to kick things off, and did so in an interesting way. She started circling the air slowly, doing small figure eights and loops. She remained close to where she had started, but began to move out further. Shimmering dust fell of her wings as she went, giving the dance a mystical effect. She circled around the cave, covering it in the beautiful dust from her wings, and came back to the center. She twirled around a few times, and then turned back to her opponent. Thrusting her wings out, she cast off any of the dust that remained on her. She seemed to be moving just a little quicker, and was definitely ready to fight.
(Volcarona > -6 Energy, +1 ATK, +1 SPATK, +1 SPD)

Freaky Blimp looked around, and noted all of the dust covering the floor of the cave. Then he noticed a small crevice, where some had fallen in. Deciding to take up the task of cleaning, he held up two of his arms and a small blue orb began glowing between them. Moving his arms a little further apart, Freaky enlarged the orb until he was satisfied with its intensity. He then thrust it up, where it hit the ceiling of the cave, and seemed to be absorbed into the walls themselves. Storm clouds began to appear, and shortly after a steady rainfall washed away all remnants of Volcarona’s dance.
(Drifblim > -7 Energy, Rain)

Volcarona looked up at the storm clouds in disgust, and dropped to the ground. Its wings were getting soaked, and she did not appreciate that at all. Being a Fire-type, she preferred a little warmer weather. As a matter of fact, she decided to warm things up a bit. Holding up its 4 small arms, she focused on warmer weather and sunny days. Her arms began to glow white, and considerably warmer. She thrust them up towards the cloud, and a beam of white light shot into the middle of them. For a moment nothing happened. Then suddenly the clouds dispersed, the room warmed, and sunlight could be seen in patches from cracks in the ceiling.
(Volcarona > -7 Energy, Sunny)

Drifblim was a little put off that Volcarona got rid of his rain, so he decided to go on the offensive. Raising his hands, a ball of fire slowly began to form, growing larger in the sunlight. Freaky was ticked that his attack wasn’t what he had originally planned, but was glad to still be able to deal some damage to his opponent. Three streams of fire wrapped around the orb, and it was then the Drifblim decided to attack. He drew the ball back over his head, and then threw it at Volcarona. She didn’t flinch as the ball exploded over her body, dealing her a small amount of damage. Rather, she was happy her strategy had worked.
(Drifblim > -7 Energy, Volcarona > -4 HP)

Arena Notes:
The crystals change to blue, boosting Water-type attacks. (25/100 for change, 5/9 for color, Water-type moves +5% damage)

Ref Notes:
Volcarona used Quiver Dance (+1 ATK, +1 SPATK, +1 SPD)
Drifblim used Rain Dance (Weather – Rain)
Volcarona used Sunny Day (Weather – Sunny)
Drifblim used Weather Ball (1278/10,000 625 or less for CH)

Velocity

Energy: 86%

3m0d0ll

[-] Volcarona (F)
HP: 96%
Energy: 87%

Jenn will post her moves first, then Velocity afterwards.

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 07-02-2011, 09:05 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

"Alright, Volcarnoa, let's use Double Team, then Flamethrower. If the weather is anything other than Sunny by the time it's your turn to attack in the second action, then use Safeguard, instead of Flamethrower."

Double Team~Flamethrower/ Safeguard.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Thanks Beartic! :D

Oh YEAH!?
Make a Substitute at 5% because I'm a troll like that. Then use Swift to do some damage to Volcarona and get rid of those icky clones.

Substitute @ 5% ~ Swift

Old 07-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Velocity

Energy: 86%
Moves: Substitute @ 5%~Swift

3m0d0ll

[-] Volcarona (F)
Energy: 87%
Moves: Double Team~Flamethrower/Safeguard

Round II

Volcarona, after being hit with fire, decided that she didn’t quite like the feeling of being attacked. So, she decided that she was going to confuse her opponent. She began to move from side to side, rapidly, so that she appeared to be phasing. Freaky seemed completely confused by this, and even more so when there were 2 Volcarona. Smirking, she continued flying from side to side, and another image of Volcarona appeared beside the one already there. All three of them began to “phase” until floating before Freaky Blimp were 4 identical copies of his opponent.
(Volcarona > -9 Energy, 3 clones)

Freaky decided that if his opponent could hide herself, then why not do so himself. Raising two of his limbs before him, Freaky began to focus his energy into the space before him. A small yellowish-blue orb began to form, and expand as the Drifblim poured more of himself into it. Moving his arms apart, the orb began to expand and take shape: a bulbous body with a small wisp at the top, and four limb-like propellers extending from the body. The outline began to fill in and take physical shape, color flooding the figure. When Freaky dropped his arms, before him stood an exact copy of himself. He floated up beside it to admire his work, and turned towards the 4 Volcarona.
(Drifblim > -2 Energy, Substitute @ 5 HP)

Unsure of which Volcarona was the real one, Freaky closed his eyes and tried to concentrate on finding it. However, the constant flapping of Volcarona’s wings ruined his concentration, and the Drifblim was getting agitated. Finally, he drew up his front limbs and thrust them towards one of the Volcarona. His arms, which had been glowing white, released an array of golden stars that rushed towards the Volcarona near the middle. The other three dashed out of the way, and the stars flew right through the clone. It dissipated, leaving Freaky disappointed and with three more Volcarona to attack.
(Drifblim > -8 Energy, Clone is destroyed)

All three of the remaining Volcarona smiled, and turned towards Freaky. They opened their mouths, and drew on their energy of fire. A small flame began to glow in their mouths, the heat intensifying every second. When they thought that the fire would overtake them, the Volcarona shot a large streak of fire towards the Drifblim. Ducking behind his Substitute, Freaky could feel the flames passing on either side of him. The heat was enough to make him sweat, and when the attack died he turned around to find a pile of ashes where his substitute had been.
(Volcarona > -8 Energy, Substitute destroyed)

Arena Notes:
The crystals in the cave are all various colors, offering no boost. (26/100 25 or less for change)

Ref Notes:
Volcarona used Double Team (100/36 = 2.7, 3 clones made.)
Drifblim uses Substitute (-5% HP, Clone @ 5% HP)
Volcarona uses Flamethrower (9085/10,000 625 or less for CH; Substitute destroyed)
Drifblim uses Swift (2/4 Clone hit, roll 1 for target; 4160/10,000 625 or less for CH)

Velocity

HP: 95%
Energy: 76%

3m0d0ll

[-] Volcarona (F)
Energy: 70%
Condition: 2 Clones

Velocity will post his moves, then Jenn.

Shiva

Old 07-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Um, Swift always hits the target. Compendium says so. So in this upcoming round I believe that Volcarona should not have any freaking clones.
PS I am a female, thank you.
Sorry if I come across as harsh but I'm tired and therefore have 0 patience.

"Okay, Freaky. I have a plan. First, I need you to use Calm Mind. Then use Calm Mind again. If ever you're Taunted, switch to Charge Beam. If you are Tormented use Stockpile on the second action."

Calm Mind/Charge Beam ~ Calm Mind/Charge Beam/Stockpile

Old 07-03-2011, 05:14 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Correct; Swift should've hit the real Volcarona and eliminate all the clones.

Use Amnesia, then wait until Freaky uses her second Calm Mind and use Whirlwind.

Amnesia~Whirlwind.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Default Re: Velocity vs. 3m0d0ll.

Velocity

Energy: 76%
Moves: Calm Mind/Charge Beam~Calm Mind/Charge Beam/Stockpile

3m0d0ll

[-] Volcarona (F)
HP: 91%
Energy: 70%
Moves: Amnesia~Whirlwind

Volcarona, more than a little mad that her clones were gone, realized that she was much too distracted at the moment to focus on the battle. So, she decided to sit down a moment and take a peaceful trip into silence. She completely emptied her mind of any concerns, and closed her eyes. When she opened them, she stared around blankly, obviously worried about nothing and much more relaxed than she had been before.
(Volcarona > -3 Energy, +2 SPDEF)

Freaky, deciding that she might need to take a cue from her opponent, also became very silent. Rather than emptying her mind, however, the Drifblim focused on calming thoughts for her meditation. Her bobbing became less spastic, and her breathing slowed as well. A purplish haze surrounded the blimp, and Volcarona watched, intrigued. Having been ordered to wait until after Freaky’s second Calm Mind, Volcarona watched as the purplish haze became more vibrant. The Drifblim appeared to have become more confident in her abilities, and was ready for anything that Volcarona could throw her way. Or so she thought.
(Drifblim > -8 Energy, +2 SPATK, +2 SPDEF)

Having waited until her opponent was focused back on her, Volcarona flew up to the top of the cavern and started to flap her wings rapidly and roughly towards Freaky. A small spiral of air began to form in front of the flying bug, and the more she beat her wings the stronger it became. Freaky began to worry, knowing that her recent meditation had not prepared her for this. Smirking, the Volcarona thrust one final time with her wings and sent the whirlwind flying towards the Drifblim. The gust caught the blimp Pokemon and whirled her around, throwing her towards her trainer. However, rather than hitting her, she was drawn back into her Pokeball.
(Volcarona > -5 Energy; Drifblim > Forced from battle)

Arena Notes:
The rocks in the cavern are multi-colored. (45/100, no change.)

Ref Notes:
Volcarona -5 HP from Swift the previous round.
Volcarona uses Amnesia. (+2 SPDEF)
Drifblim uses Calm Mind (x2). (+2 SPATK, +2 SPDEF)
Volcarona uses Whirlwind. (Drifblim is blown back into her Pokeball.)

3m0d0ll

[-] Volcarona (F)
Energy: 62%
Stats: +1 ATK, +1 SPD, +1 SPATK, +2 SPDEF

Velocity

Energy: 68%
Stats: +2 SPATK, +2 SPDEF
Condition: Withdrawn from battle

If Velocity would post her next Pokemon, then Jenn posts her moves followed by Velocity again.

Shiva

Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

I have nothing better to use.

[Mr. Troll] Wobbuffet (M)
Ability: Shadow Tag
Sig Move: None
/cry

Old 08-08-2011, 02:08 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

We got this. <3 I haz planz.

For the first action, wait until Troll moves then use Substitute at 5%, and finish off with a Toxic, if he tries to encore your Toxic, use Bug Buzz instead.

Sub. @5%~Toxic/Bug Buzz.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

HA

Safeguard, then Encore. I has plan as well. c:
Safeguard ~ Encore

Old 08-11-2011, 09:48 PM
White Knight Offline

ROUND FOUR

3m0d0ll

[-] Volcarona (F)
Ability:
Energy: 62%
Stats: +1 ATK, +1 SPD, +1 SPATK, +2 SPDEF
Moves: Sub.@5%~Toxic/Bug Buzz.

Velocity

Stats: None
Moves: Safeguard~Encore

Although the fire-typed bug was much faster than Mr. Troll, she was instructed by her trainer to wait. She sat on her tiny legs, waiting to see what kind of move her foe would use. How many choices did he have? Eight? She laughed. Her movepool was so much bigger than his; how could she fail?

Mr. Troll was a bit disappointed at his trainer. Why did he say such mean things when he released him? Did he not love Mr. Troll? He tried to focus his energy into the battle instead of at his trainer. The psychic pokemon began to focus his powers, creating a bubble of blue-green light. It completely encompassed him, stopping any kind of status problem from hitting him. Although regular attacks could still hit him, it did seem to provide a bit of protection. Mr. Troll, although he was a little unsure, trusted his trainer. The bubble grew a bit bigger, and became much stronger. Wobbuffet was in this to win it.
(-8% Energy, Protected from Status for 4 more actions)

Volcarona laughed at the petty attempt of an attack made by her opponent. A little green ball? Really? It doesn’t even block actual attacks! She smiled, then began a move of her own. It was a fairly common move, one that most pokemon could learn. However, she was stronger than most. Her image flickered as she disappeared in a puff of smoke, replaced by a light green doll. It sat, motionless. Mr. Troll was a little confused. Where did his opponent go? He had no way to fight it he was fighting a doll. After scratching his head and thinking about it for a while, he decided he would probably be recalled. Meh, there were worse fates.
(-2% Energy, Sub@5% Health)

This time, Volcarona’s trainer gave no such command to wait. Remembering her orders, she began a move that was exactly in her area of expertise. Her wings glowed red as she released waves of red light, which were actually painful sound waves that could burst the eardrums of any pokemon. Mr. Troll covered his ear-slits, wincing at the pain of the noise. He tried to get away from her, but the waves kept coming. When the glow on her wings finally stopped, he had almost shattered his eardrums; it lowered his defenses significantly because of his constant attention about his ear.
(-13% Health for Mr. Troll, -8% Energy for Volcarona. -1SPDEF for Mr. Troll)

Mr. Troll, still holding his ears and whimpering, began a move that made absolutely no sense to him right now. However, he didn’t want to disobey his trainer, and therefore carried it out anyways. He raised his hands, concentrating intently as a white orb of pure energy began to form between them. Clenching his fists and keeping his eyes shut, the orb grew to the size of his rather large mouth. Releasing it at his foe, it hit her directly…for absolutely no damage. Volcarona seemed a bit confused, but later got over it. As long as it didn’t really hurt her, she didn’t mind. After trying to move, she realized the true effects of the move; it prevented her from using any move but Bug Buzz!
(-10% Energy, Volcarona can only use Bug Buzz for 2 more actions)

Round End
3m0d0ll

[-] Volcarona (F)
Ability:
Health: 86%
Energy: 52%
Stats: +1 ATK, +1 SPD, +1 SPATK, +2 SPDEF, SUB@5%, Bug Buzz for next 2 actions
Mood: Feelin’ fine.

Velocity

Health: 87%
Energy: 82%
Stats: -1SPDEF, guarded by Safeguard for 1 more action
Mood: Could be better.

Referee Notes
Safeguard's accuracy roll was 34, with 1-100 working.
Substitute's accuracy roll was 67, with 1-100 working.
Bug Buzz's accuracy roll was 14, with 1-100 hitting.
Encore's accuracy roll was 24, with 1-100 working.
Arena roll was 84, with 1-25 changing color.

Velocity, your moves please?

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 08-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

This works out so much in my favor; I know exactly what my foe will do for this round and the next. <3<3<3

Use Mirror Coat both actions, Troll. Break down that Sub, then go in for the 'kill'.

Mirror Coat ~ Mirror Coat

Closed Thread