Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Crackerjack Offline

Default KO'ing a ghost

Have any of you successfully made a 1st Generation ghost faint?

I found a way to! I took my Level 80 Ditto from 'M, fought a Chandler, transformed to Ghastly, moved around the moves, switched to something better to kill it, found a wild ghost, smashed A on Super Glitch, then the music faded out. It wasn't doing the trick after smashing A after the type glitched and music faded, so I switched to Golbat. The TMTRAINER effect occurred anyways. Dead ghost, zero EXP, freeze. Has anyone gotten past the freeze? It's normal for my Blue Version cartridge to crash after TMTRAINER battles are over. It used to crash whenever I clicked on Super Glitch. It's like it has gained "immunity!" I've also noticed that it's taking longer and longer for it to work, if at all, even though I don't save. Is my game growing on Super Glitch? And has anyone else killed a Lavender Tower ghost?

If you want me to rescue you in PMD1, just ask. There is nothing a Lv. 100 Flareon and Meganium cannot do.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Alienshroom Offline

Default Re: KO'ing a ghost

I dident think it was possible, then again almost anything is with the glitches in these games.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:13 AM
Crackerjack Offline

Post Re: KO'ing a ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
I dident think it was possible, then again almost anything is with the glitches in these games.
Yep. You can also fight Professor Oak, who you were originally supposed to fight at some point after the Elite 4. I believe the special stat is 226 for that. I've yet to try it. I don't know why they scrapped the idea! It would have made the original three games better, since people always complained about nothing to do in-game after catching Mewtwo. That's why they put a Versus Seeker and the Sevii Islands into FR/LG. Oak's Pokemon are pretty good. High-level (non glitchy) Pokemon, the ones I can remember being Tauros, Gyrados, and the starter that you or your rival did not pick in its completely evolved form. I don't know what that variable would be in Yellow, though, where the glitch can still be accomplished.

I don't understand why people cheat these games. I've done ALL THIS on cartridge without cheats:

Walk through walls
Get any Pokemon including Mew
Get a Level 100 Pokemon easily, even before Brock (without Rare Candies, it's the EXP Underflow glitch)
Fuse 2 Pokemon together
Get infinite Master Balls
Get Pokemon over Level 100 (My Mewtwo, mwahaha. Unfortunately, I banned myself from using Mew, Mewtwo, any glitch Pokemon, or using multiplied items on my main team of Venasaur, Pidgeot, Raichu, Golbat, Ninetales, and Vaporeon. I did end up taking advantage of the Master Balls, though... I also made infinite calciums and rare candies for special stats, but don't use them on my party, and infinite full restores by accident, but I ended up keeping and using those)
Get infinite money (well I did multiply my nuggets, but it was by accident, so I tossed them because I felt badish)
KO Ghosts
Go to glitch city
And coming soon, fighting Oak. Bringing the now-level 147 Mewtwo with me that I found on Cinnibar Coast for that.

If you want me to rescue you in PMD1, just ask. There is nothing a Lv. 100 Flareon and Meganium cannot do.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:27 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Default Re: KO'ing a ghost

this is what happens if you catch one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJRb402NJDU WARNING: IF YOU WISH TO KEEP YOUR MORTAL BODY DO NOT CLICK AT THE ``FOLLOW ME´´ VIDEO OR AT THE REMASTERED PICTURE OF JEFF VIDEO. by the way, did any of you play escape from lavender town, it scared the s**t out of me!
Closed Thread