Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Moderation complaint

Wait, what rule is going to kick out mods/gmods?

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
From what I understand, activity, or, more precisely, the lack there of.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Shiny is mixing up Website staff and forum staff.. 2 totally different/unrelated things.

There is no rule that kicks out mods/gmods, the new rule he's talking about is the min 2 articles per months or your out of the website staff.. It only applies to the website staff..

Forum staff and Website staff are not the same thing..

Forum Staff = Mods/Gmods/Sarah the Admin
Website Staff = Writers/Editors/CreativeDexExperts/Harry the Head Editor person

So with that in mind, the only people that are in danger of demotions according to the new rule are the website staff... The people that work on stuff that appears on the front pages..
Old 09-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Well I thought we were going to kick inactive Mods or ones who hasn't been doing their job etc...
Which is a pretty good idea. I mean there could be other members/staff that deserve the Mod position but can't because the inactive ones. Or even the mods who deserve GMod positions same reason. Or members that deserve staff same reason.

I honestly think we should, but I'm not the boss man :3

And I'm not mixing them up :P I just thought we were kicking due to inactivity and the rule :)
Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Battlestar Offline

Wow, I never expected this thread to change anything....

Think you have what it takes to hang out with the baddest on PE2K? Then Join Team Rocket Corporation!

Join Today!!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...hp?groupid=954
Old 09-05-2011, 09:51 PM

@Battlestar Okay. First of all. I wanna do something everyone wants to do every time they see your name... GALAAAAACTICAAAA!

Second of all. Why did you not expect anything?
Old 09-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Battlestar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
@Battlestar Okay. First of all. I wanna do something everyone wants to do every time they see your name... GALAAAAACTICAAAA!

Second of all. Why did you not expect anything?
lol, yay I know what you mean. Maybe I also should be the leader of Team Galactic. But I actually never really seen BattleStar Glactica. Go figure

Any way I thought this because on other sites suggestion/address by member 98% of the time are never really used or thought out. They are usually pushed aside and the thread is lock a day later with only like 4 post in in it!

I just love what a nice job every one does here. I am so glad that this was discussed so well and something good came out of it. This would not happen in any other major site. This is why I know PE2K is the best around.
It's service with a smile. :)

Think you have what it takes to hang out with the baddest on PE2K? Then Join Team Rocket Corporation!

Join Today!!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...hp?groupid=954
Old 09-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Jolteon View Post
Well I thought we were going to kick inactive Mods or ones who hasn't been doing their job etc...
Which is a pretty good idea. I mean there could be other members/staff that deserve the Mod position but can't because the inactive ones. Or even the mods who deserve GMod positions same reason. Or members that deserve staff same reason.

I honestly think we should, but I'm not the boss man :3

And I'm not mixing them up :P I just thought we were kicking due to inactivity and the rule :)
Even if the current list of inactive mods was removed they wouldn't be replaced because a space opens up. Mods are added on as they are needed for given areas. As well as a certain maturity level is needed to be a GMod. So if people aren't promoted, it really is for good reason.

Our current active staff can handle just about any problem that may pop up on the forum. Besides website staff will never become forum staff due to the fact they only pertain to the homepage. Only two people have made the jump from staff to moderation due to certain circumstances.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:08 AM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I agree! ^_^ Our forum staff are doing very well!

And if they were kicked, wouldn't more be needed for lack of mods in a certain area?

And Site staff I feel do an awesome job keeping the articles up. It gives many people a chance to enjoy them. :)

Yeah, I know maturity level counts. I see a lot of mature Members around, and some immature ^_^;

Yep. I see why people aren't promoted. It's not like giving out candy anymore.
But nonetheless, I still feel it maybe in interest to kick some inactives. Seeing as they may never come back and if and when they do, just not do anything.

And Staff are like members, except we can see stuff and do more things. So we can be promoted too :3 And I'm sure you're all thinking what I think you're thinking...

Anyways, I feel some Members/Mods/Staff should be promoted, whether it is likely or not.

**EDIT**:

And I thought about it.
Basically, if I just left right now as staff and came back in 2 months, I'd be demoted.
But if for whatever reason I was a mod, and I got up and left and came back in 2 months, I'd still be a mod?

That doesn't sound fair to us little staffers.
And don't get me wrong, I'm not leaving anytime soon, whether people like it or dislike it. XD

Annnnnnd I'm using smileys to lighten the mood. I can't help but think someone will hate me or something for being serious :P
What can I say, I'm a people pleaser. Lol :)

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 09-06-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Even if the current list of inactive mods was removed they wouldn't be replaced because a space opens up. Mods are added on as they are needed for given areas. As well as a certain maturity level is needed to be a GMod. So if people aren't promoted, it really is for good reason.

Our current active staff can handle just about any problem that may pop up on the forum. Besides website staff will never become forum staff due to the fact they only pertain to the homepage. Only two people have made the jump from staff to moderation due to certain circumstances.
Or Ryan hasn't been on yet. *AnotherZING!*

Quote:
Yep. I see why people aren't promoted. It's not like giving out candy anymore.
But nonetheless, I still feel it maybe in interest to kick some inactives. Seeing as they may never come back and if and when they do, just not do anything.

I like candy. Well, if some inactive people are booted off and then they need more mods...I'm here for you guys Others will be picked to fill in.

ANYWAYS, I never really understood how mods are picked here - on some websites you fill out a form, and others...You just magically get promoted (I've had both of these happen to me, ironically enough. Filling out a form doesn't seem to be a good way of weeding out who's mature or not...But magically promoting someone doesn't seem right either. How do you know if someone is looking at you and thinking "You might be a good mod"? You can't. And if you ask to be a mod, you'll never get the chance. Seems a bit unfair.)

Of course, with being a mod (or trying to be one), there is always a fear, at least in my mind. "Am I doing the right thing?", or "I'm doing this because it's my job, not because I like this person...Right?"

Those types of fears, I think, are a good thing for any future mod. I mean, if they don't stop to think about what they're doing, how can they be sure they are doing the right thing? Perhaps that is what is truly meant to being mature.

Either that, or I simply over think things and freak out. Take your pick ^^'
Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Mods and forum staff are completely separate. It is much, much harder to become a moderator right now than it is to become a site staff member. People generally have to be active on the forum for years to become a mod, not to mention show maturity, responsibility, dedication and a certain flair/love/appreciation for a particular board of the forum. So that is why site staff are able to lose their positions more easily than moderators. Website staff and forum moderators aren't really comparable. =)

As far as new mods go, I am always on the look out for people who I think would do a good job. (And so are the other mods, I imagine.) I'm personally looking for people who I think would work to improve boards and come up with/implement new ideas in particular sections rather than just people who are active. There you go, there's a hint for you all. xD

Also, its been said before that we can have any number of mods we desire. Therefore 'inactive' mods are not taking up positions that would otherwise be filled with 'active' mods or anything like that. What limits the number of people being promoted isn't having too many (active or inactive) mods but not having enough people who really stand out to the current forum staff enough to be considered.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

All those who are moderators are for a reason. It's much harder to become a mod than it is to become website staff. That's a why website staff can be demoted easily.

Also Sarah Kenny and Harry all have power to make people mods or GMods. So it doesn't have to do with Ryan not being around. A person just needs to stand out to be considered lime Sarah said.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:59 AM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Mods and forum staff are completely separate. It is much, much harder to become a moderator right now than it is to become a site staff member. People generally have to be active on the forum for years to become a mod, not to mention show maturity, responsibility, dedication and a certain flair/love/appreciation for a particular board of the forum. So that is why site staff are able to lose their positions more easily than moderators. Website staff and forum moderators aren't really comparable. =)
I see your point. I guess that makes sense more? XD
And despite the smallest maturity I have X)

[QUOTE]As far as new mods go, I am always on the look out for people who I think would do a good job. (And so are the other mods, I imagine.) I'm personally looking for people who I think would work to improve boards and come up with/implement new ideas in particular sections rather than just people who are active.[QUOTE]

The way I see it, I haven't seen a board that lacks a mod yet :P So you'd just add a mod? I mean with all the mods now I have yet ot see a board lacking in them. :3 Didn't read below XD

Quote:
There you go, there's a hint for you all. xD
I lied I mean I pretty mature (Not really) XD

Quote:
Also, its been said before that we can have any number of mods we desire. Therefore 'inactive' mods are not taking up positions that would otherwise be filled with 'active' mods or anything like that. What limits the number of people being promoted isn't having too many (active or inactive) mods but not having enough people who really stand out to the current forum staff enough to be considered.

I'm not just saying forum staff. I'm saying members as well :3
But t'know forum staff are pretty cool

And Yeah, makes sense :P
I haven't seen anyone stand out unless I have talked to them individually XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo
All those who are moderators are for a reason. It's much harder to become a mod than it is to become website staff. That's a why website staff can be demoted easily.

Also Sarah Kenny and Harry all have power to make people mods or GMods. So it doesn't have to do with Ryan not being around. A person just needs to stand out to be considered lime Sarah said.
Oh I thought you guys could only make people Mods XD
I am now partially educated of GMods.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
Any way I thought this because on other sites suggestion/address by member 98% of the time are never really used or thought out. They are usually pushed aside and the thread is lock a day later with only like 4 post in in it!

I just love what a nice job every one does here. I am so glad that this was discussed so well and something good came out of it. This would not happen in any other major site. This is why I know PE2K is the best around.
It's service with a smile. :)
That is true some of the time here, but not all the time.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:06 AM
fortomorrow Offline

The post with new reply or hot issues is always ranking in front, it is pretty common, and usually forums take this rule.