Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:32 PM
morphin Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes

i think there will be definitely a remake of the third generation.
they would be stupid if they wouldn't bring out the remakes, because there would be a lot of people who would buy them (including me^^), and they would have no big effort. i mean they dont have to think out new pokemon, characters and a whole new region.
besides the Hoenn region is the only region which you cannot play on the DS yet.

and i loooved Hoenn^^ i really liked the pokemon, and i have spent so much time with playing it... (300 ours?) the graphics were good and the story invented lovingly
Old 01-29-2012, 05:57 PM
goldwynaut Offline

seems legit. i am waiting for gen 5 pokeman ranger and pokeman mystery dongeon, but in the recent years, a new pokemon main series game has been released every year, so we will know within the next over over nine thousand days so stay tuned
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Roze Offline

I actually joined this site again to talk about this. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach waiting for this. I also agree with... sorry forgot who said this I was speed reading, anyway. I agree that RSE what one of the downright ugliest generations ever. They sprites were subpar. The back sprite were all just updated GSC sprites! That said. I love this generation and am so excited to see them redo it better the the time before. I think they have some much more to add to this and hope they spend as much time on it as they did on HGSS. They always make the remakes better the the actual generation.

And if we're talking about generations they could skip... DPPt woud be my first choice. Can we forget that generation ever existed? Maybe it's because its still to recent. Maybe I be yearning for it in 5 years. But I think we can all agree GameFreak will never stop making their mostly thoughtless but still incredibly awesome cash cows... I mean remakes.

I really hope, while realizing the ridiculousness, that Grey is in 3D. I know that it's never been their style to add any new features as far as graphics to games that aren't the starts of generations, but I can always dream. In my opinion BW was a let down as far as graphics. They have the technology and it is the first new generation with out a major jump in graphics. Okay Okay the moving things is kinda cool... But down with sprites... (Now you can all murder me)

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 01-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

Wink Re: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerful Cherubi View Post
I think they will be called "Royal Ruby" and "Shiny Sapphire"! They will probably be the same as all the other remakes, so I probably won't get them..
Nice names. It could be also Red Ruby and Blue Sapphire.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampert Guy View Post
Nice names. It could be also Red Ruby and Blue Sapphire.
Nein! Es wurde bereits genommen, du narr! Blau und rot sind nicht verfugbar! Er. I did not just have one of those moments.

Red and Blue are reserved for the original Pokemon games. What about Ruby and Sapphire 3D? They don't seem to have a problem with making remakes with that title for the 3DS.

Looking at this logically, however, I do not even understand why there would be a third generation remake for the DS/3DS. The only reason they made remakes for the first and second was because the coding incompatibilities with Advance and Color games made it so 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon could not be imported onto GBA games.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 01-30-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

Cool Re: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Nein! Es wurde bereits genommen, du narr! Blau und rot sind nicht verfugbar! Er. I did not just have one of those moments.

Red and Blue are reserved for the original Pokemon games. What about Ruby and Sapphire 3D? They don't seem to have a problem with making remakes with that title for the 3DS.

Looking at this logically, however, I do not even understand why there would be a third generation remake for the DS/3DS. The only reason they made remakes for the first and second was because the coding incompatibilities with Advance and Color games made it so 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon could not be imported onto GBA games.
Fire Red and Red Ruby don't sound the same thing for me. The only fact the word "Red" appears in both titles does not mean they're similar. Anyways, as said by a forum member above, Royal Ruby and Shiny Sapphire are also good names.

Last edited by Swampert Guy; 01-30-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Fire Red and Red Ruby don't sound the same thing for me. The only fact the word "Red" appears in both titles does not mean they're similar. Anyways, as said by a forum member above, Royal Ruby and Shiny Sapphire are also good names.
You do know what the originals were called, right?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

Thumbs down Re: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes

Quote:
You do know what the originals were called, right?
Of course, you...

In the original, it was Pokemon Red Version

then a remake came, it was Pokemon Fire Red Version

so, a remake of Pokemon Ruby Version could be Red Ruby because this gem is red-colored.

It's not a copy of the original kanto versions either because in the word 'red' was the subject as long as in my recommended name 'red' is the adjective of 'ruby',

did you get it?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Of course, you...

In the original, it was Pokemon Red Version

then a remake came, it was Pokemon Fire Red Version

so, a remake of Pokemon Ruby Version could be Red Ruby because this gem is red-colored.

It's not a copy of the original kanto versions either because in the word 'red' was the subject as long as in my recommended name 'red' is the adjective of 'ruby',

did you get it?
Yes. I am saying that they won't use it because "Red" is already taken.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:58 AM
Swampert Guy Offline

Quote:
Yes. I am saying that they won't use it because "Red" is already taken.
Well, perhaps they could try Lava Ruby and Sea Sapphire...
Old 01-31-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Well, perhaps they could try Lava Ruby and Sea Sapphire...
You actually got something right there. I like it.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Roze Offline

I would guess Desert Ruby, Ocean Sapphire.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]