Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Illusionary Truth [RP]

Illusion.

It is what makes reality ever more subjective to those without the sense to deter what is real from what is not. Few have the power to make these illusions in subtle ways simply for entertainment. Years ago, some would of called it magic or sorcery, but that would be calling it incorrectly. By those who can understand what the true nature of illusions are, can fully take control of it and manipulate truth, for that is just as subjective to reality.

Many centuries ago, the origin of what is now a myth took place. During one evening after the hours of dusk, there came to be a dividing ideal between a Zoroark pack. One part of the pack believed they should use their illusion powers whenever necessary in order to keep themselves from danger and conflict, and only to maintain distance between humans to remain hidden. The other side of the pack believed they should use their illusionary prowess to overcome the other species and maintain their legacy through great acts that would be carved into history. The pack could never settle on a compromise, thus a deceitful battle began. Both using their natural abilities to manipulate reality, each side of the Zoroark pack tried to outdo the other using tactics that reflected their respective views. The battles grew so intense that all other outside parties began to become victims of the illusions. Everyone started to believe something different, everyone started to understand something that differed from another’s. Soon enough, the pack themselves began to become disorientated in their own war, and were unable to discern reality from what they had created.

Amidst the confounded perceptions came a small group of humans, thinking of the world as some kind of alternate dimension. Travellers who had not been able to stay in one place long and learn of a single place being not what was or what is. They saw the confusion and took a few of the Illusion foxes out of the fray. From which side of the original conflict, or if from both, no one was sure, only that these were the first few Zoroark who had been out of their own illusion in a long time. Looking upon these humans and their Pokémon companions, the Zoroark gave upon them the ability to manipulate parts of an illusion in order to see the truth.

The damage of the illusion onslaught was never truly repaired that day, as illusion still runs in the world with the wind. Knowing this, the original travelers who earned the right of Zoroark knowledge to manipulate these illusions, passed down their skills to other generations, be it by their children or non-blood relatives. Those who were able to know this knowledge were chosen by Zorua and Zoroark, either by showing up just for a moment in front of the person, or by the monster foxes taking said person to their own home. There was always a Zorua or Zoroark to teach the rarely selected human and Pokémon about the ways of illusion.

In the modern day, these special folk still linger around, often distant from society. No one knows about these people, and anyone who ever gets an idea is usually deterred without them even being aware of it. This however, does not bode well for the original beliefs of one line of Zoroark. This line, directly descending from the pack that wished their powers to be known, and some humans also follow the same ideals. These humans, be it because they were wrongfully taken away from their families, or simply for the power or revenge, the reasons are endless. There are those who wish only for their secret to remain a secret in order to maintain their own peace. Some have decided to try and return to a normal life, leaving the shadowed life of the illusion masters behind. Some who try to investigate into the myth draw closer into a conflict that soon may erupt out of proportion once again.

Those who are trained by the Zorua and Zoroark know themselves as Alternates, Alter’s or Alt’s for short. These people know how to manipulate the illusion connected to one perceptive sense, be it sight, sound, feel or even taste. These illusions work well on common people with a mind that is not completely focused. It is harder to create an effective illusion around other Alt’s, and Alt’s can sense when another illusion is being used. Illusions are not always a sure fire thing to work on those with a strong mind, as they may be able to see through it. All Alt’s in general have the ability to disappear from sight rather quickly and easily when no one is really looking. No this is not invisibility, think more like a ninja.

-The story will start out taking place in Unova-

Envoy:
These Alt’s and following Illusion Foxes believe their power to be able to manipulate the perceived truth should be known and they should make use of it in the real world. These people may be out for redemption of having lost their family if they were taken by a Zoroark. Some may be out for power, be it in a minor or grand scale. They wish to make themselves known.

Veil:
These Alt’s wish their identity as Alternate’s remain a secret along with their abilities and society. This may be out of fear or knowing that their powers may be abused for unruly gain. Some may do it for the memory of why Alternate’s exist; in order to repair illusion from the world and set it back as it should be.

Shade:
Impartial to either side of the oncoming conflict, these people keep their abilities a secret and wish to have a normal life away from the Alternate society. This may be from wanting to be free or wishing to return back to their previous life. Shade Alt’s are often seen as abandoners of their art, despite that they don’t go out of their way to abuse it or never use it again.
Rules:
The usual PE2K RP rules apply.
Romance is allowed, keep it within a PG thing for the younger ones.
No legendaries, but shinies and recolours allowed, minor altered Pokémon allowed.
Have fun or else I will shank some people.

Rizu
Shade of Sound
Castiella City

Busy city streets...constant meaningless chattering...easily unseen...yeah, it was the typical city.

Sitting on top of one of the highest buildings in Catiella city had it's perks, no pun intended. No one bothered you up here, no one could. It was just me, Sonja and Shorai. I reflected back on these two, looking at each of then respectively as I thought about them. Shorai, the big shiny Galvantula next to me, crawling on some metal antennae, nibbling on it to get at the electricity it was hooked up to. It was the same way I found him in that attic. Sonja was flying around in circles and loops like the happy go lucky Swoobat she was. Shorai found her bother some and gave her a good shock when we met.

Myself, I wasn't anyone important, just someone with an ability for not sticking out. Hell you could call it invisible. When you were invisible, you could do a lot of things. In my personal prefference, I really only did things if I had to or was for my benefit. That's just how it was with me, as no one ever bothered with me unless it was for their benefit. Yeah I sw the world as a dark and conflicting place, but as long as I was free, I didn't care much for it.

I looked up at the sky, noticing the greyness of the clouds grow darker with each passing moment. In my mind I could hear thunder, but that was only because I wanted to be hearing it. It was only slightly raining a most, but no doubt within the next ten minutes it would start to pour.

Rain...dreary yet comforting. It was the one thing I loved besides my freedom I guess. The more I thought about the rain, the more I imagined the thunder rolling in my head, and soon enough, I could hear it outside. No, there wasn't any lightning, just me, making thunder. Being a sound Alternate, to me, was better than all the other senses. visual may of been a good thing to be able to tamper with every so often, but when people couldn't see, they relied on hearing. The dark gave peope enough paranoia to rely on what they heard for their own safety. Call me cold, but it sounds almost fun to mess with that.

I stood up on the ledge, feeling the wind start to pick up. I figured that if it was going to rain, I may as well of walked with it. I looked over the edge of the building, finding no one around to see me on the one side. Without a thought I leapt over the side, my scarf frantically fluttering upwards. I held one hand on my head to prevent my hat from going anywhere, as I liked my fedora quite a bit. As I free fell a bit in calm, I looked up to Sonja, who was following me. About half way down, she used Psychic to catch me, slowing my descent. She ut me on a fire escape in a crowded alleyway that didn't have anyone around, thunder still bellowing overhead.

My thunder.

I started to walk down the old metal stairs, moving with my natural cool haste and landing on the concrete with a soft thud once I was close enough to the ground. I saw Shorai climbing on the walls just above me, making the occsional jump between buildings. Sonja just hovered near my head, adjutsing my scarf accordingly. I replaced my shades back on my face and started walking. It wasn't to anywhere in particular, I just liked walking.

Something though, was at the back of my head...something seemed to be coming, and I had a good feeling I wasn't going to like it.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Illusionary Truth [RP]

Aki Shibayama and Haru Aozora
Veil of Touch and Non-Alt
Castelia City

Aki heard all the people in the Pokemon Center jump and shift at the sound of all the thunder, yet she didn't move an inch. She couldn't see anything more than her flip-flops, as the Pokemon Center had a "No shoes, no shirt, no service" kind of policy and she didn't want to make a big scene about using her psychic power to "see" and since it only really worked with her bare feet... She had allowed Musei to lead her to a free seat gently. It was only with her shoes on that you could tell Aki was blind without her telling you, and even then, she was still a pretty good actor. Her sightless eyes seemed to stare resolutely forward and her head twitched as she adjusted it to catch sounds and makes sense of the world around her. She was acutely aware of Vashuka around her legs drawing attention, but the Liepard herself didn't appreciate it, hissing at anyone who came near enough to Aki for her to deem it "too" close. Her lips twitched faintly upwards each time it happened and she heard Vashuka growl and the surprised reaction everyone seemed to produce. Musei seemed to find it amusing as well, his soft laughs filled her mind with a melodious sound Aki thought she would never stop loving, Elegance was doing the same, except Aki kept getting vibrations from her own muted laughter and rocking that showed her the Gothorita thought it was hysterical. And then she met the young man who seemed to show no fear.

She heard Vashuka growl, but no responding sound that said the approacher had backed away. "Excuse me, Miss, but your Liepard...would it be shiny?" An upbeat-sounding male voice asked her. Aki answered out of sheer surprise the not only had he not bothered to react to her growling Liepard, but he also had the guts to ignore Vashuka enough to as her a question. Her head tilted up slightly to suggest she was looking up at him.

"Vashuka? No. Her coloring is odd, but it's not because she's shiny, it because she was the subject of a genetic experimentation before I got her. Shinies are supposed to be a different color. No sure what color, but not mostly black like Vashuka." She said, just before another clap of thunder exploded and scared most of those in the Pokemon Center half to death, including the male in front of her. Once again, she didn't move in the slightest, except to smile.

"How did that not scare the crap out of you?" The male demanded to know, Aki kept a very Cheshire catlike grin.

"It just doesn't bother me." She replied plainly. she didn't know him, and she couldn't "see" him. /Musei.../ Aki called telepathically to her Gallade, who seemed to understand well enough.

/His surface thoughts show nothing suspicious, I believe I can safely say he means you no harm, he was just curious about Vashuka and the way you don't react to the thunder./ Musei replied back quickly, Aki smiled.

/Thanks, Musei./

/It's my job to keep you safe, Aki. don't mention it. And you're staring over his--/

"Is there a reason you're blatantly staring over my head, Miss?" He sounded somewhat annoyed, Aki blinked and curse her bad luck.

"You got a problem with it? Can't help I can't see." She snapped sharply, and she got the impression in her mind of Musei facepalming while Elegance rocked with laughter beside her again.

/Very tactful, Aki./ Musei groaned, and she turned her head to him.

/You know I despise tact, Musei. Too flowerdy for me./ She grumbled back. Musei shook his head even as the boy sputtered in the background.

"I-I-I-I...I'm so sorry! That was out of hand for me to say, I didn't realize... Agh... Sorry again, I... My name is Haru Aozora." He said quickly, and Aki heard a whoosh as something flew through the air and stopped abruptly.

"If you offering your hand for me to shake," She spoke dryly and sounded rather annoyed before she waved her hand before her sightless eyes in reminder. "I repeat, can't see." This caused more sputtering and apologies upon more screwups, to which Aki shook her head and corrected with less and less patience. This was much to Musei's mounting interest and amusement, which Aki didn't find funny either. Today would be a long day...and aside from that, she caught the distinct feeling something big was going to happen soon.

Michelle Toya
Veil of Vision
Nimbasa

It's too loud here... Michelle thought bitterly, glancing at the many people milling around her. Their surface thoughts blared like many radios cranked on max and playing all at once, but she fought to tune them out.

/Then why did we come, Miche?/ Michelle's eyes cut to the Gardevoir who floated elegantly next to her. The question was not meant to be anything other than that--a simple question, not rude but curious.

"Because I feel Mother or Little Sister might call on us soon. I swear it seems like the air is supercharged with expectation--and not the good kind, Cam..." Michelle murmured softly, glancing around. she wished that she could totally tune the world out, but their thoughts would not be shut out by the girl who who hear all of them. The girl who could see their desires, their dreams, their dirty little secrets... "People." Michelle spat the word sharply, there were far too many in this city whose feelings and dreams and such disgusted her, but she shook her head and took it. /So many disgust me./ She confided in Camellia, the Gardevoir smiled sympathetically and wrapped her arms around Michelle's small shoulders and allowed herself to be dragged along as she hugged her trainer.

/True... So many wish to know what people are thinking, yet the gift is not nearly as great as it may seem./ Cam said pointedly.

"No joke." Michelle muttered, and kept walking through the turbulent seas of people and of people's thoughts that surrounded her.

OOC: To clarify, Miche is the telepathic one, but Musei stays almost constantly halfway in Aki's mind for easy communication, therefore she can talk telepathically with him. While Elegance might do it from time to time as well, she cannot do this with her other, non-Psychic pokemon.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net

Last edited by Winter; 08-05-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

Stella Marino
Shade of Vision
Castelia City

"Oh how wonderful," Stella said quietly as thunder started overhead. The clouds had already been dreary and dark, with a slight rain drifiting down, but there had been no thunder until very recently. The young woman peeked out from underneath her black umbrella to scan the sky, looking for lightning. Oddly enough, she didn't see any. "It must be quite far off. How unfortunate." She said, and the people nearest to her glanced at her in confusion. She seemed to be talking to herself.

Such was not the case, however. Stella felt a sudden drop in temperature and heard the raindrops clink on the sidewalk as they turned to ice. Something that felt like silk brushed her cheek. "I think on such a downpour like this, people should get to see a show, Lola," she went on casually. Her Mismagius was there, she knew, but Lola preferred to stay invisible most of the time and was only detecable through the chill she sent through the air.

"Miisssss..." Stella heard very faintly, like a sign on the wind. Her smile grew wider, although there was nothing happy or charming about it. "I thought you would agree. Let's see what I can do." She looked back up at the sky and frowned a little. No flashes of light were anywhere, just the thunder. She had to time it just right. As soon as she heard the rumble of thunder, she sent out the illusion. A fork of lightning flashed in the distance as soon as the thunder rumbled. People next to her began to murmur to themselves.

"Wow, did you see that?"

"I hope that didn't hit the tower..."

"Looks like some storm is approaching."

Stella just managed to hold down the gleeful laughter that bubbled in her chest. It was so much fun messing with people, just like a game. She knew Lola was laughing as well, the chilly cloud around her intensified.

"Man, it's cold around here."

Thr girl released a giggle and quickly silenced herself. She didn't want people to see her and making a sound would break the delicate spell she had over them. She wasn't tricking people in believing she was invisible, but she wanted them to glance over her as if she wasn't very important. It was working quite well, actually. It was harder to maintain such an illusion in a crowded city like this. Another flash of lightning appeared on the horizon, two silmutaneous this time. The thunder was louder than before. Stella wished that she could bring them closer, but she needed to be in time with the thunder since she could only trick people's eyes, not their ears. "Lola," she murmured very quietly, twirling her umbrella. "Do you ever feel as if something big is about to happen? Something you're not going to like?" Where did that come from? She thought to herself, her fine brows dipping in puzzlement. Something had been off with today. Now she was starting to feel it even more; deep inside her was warning her of something.

Lola hissed at her and Stella felt another carress on her cheek. Stella was not a telepath, but ghosts had their own way of sending impressions into people without using words. You too? the hiss of surprise seemed to say. She knew her friend was shocked that her intuition was so acute, since pokemon had a way of sensing things that their trainer did not.

"So I'm not crazy or paranoid." The girl murmured, her silver eyes softening. "That's always a good sign." With another smile she made a burst of lightning appear directly overhead and screw reality. Coincidently however, a particularly loud clap of thunder blasted the air and the sidewalk gasped and some screamed. Stella laughed at her luck and slipped through the mass of people as if there was nothing to be afraid of. There wasn't really, it was all in their heads.

Keitaro Kimura
Non-Alt
Castelia City

:Did you hear that last bit of thunder?: Tsubaki asked as she pulled her trainer insistently towards the Pokemon Center. She deiberately avoided the word "see," since she knew it would prompt a dry "Well I can't see" remark from Keitaro. :I pity whatever tree or building that lightning bolt hit. It was enormous! You should not be outside during a storm like this.: The front doors slid open and the duo entered the Pokemon Center, which was rapidly becoming crowded from all of the other refugees. Tsubaki slipped her hand into her Keitaro's so they would not become separated.

The blind man smiled a gentle smile and adjusted his glasses, which were close to falling off. He didn't need them to see, since he was blind, but people noticed his eyes quicker that way. :Knowing you, you would just direct the lightning somewhere else.: He answered, following her footsteps towards what he assumed was a chair. Usually crowds did not bother him, but dozens of people crammed into a tiny space like this could be bothersome.

The Gardevoir sniffed and managed to find an empty chair, pointedly ignoring the growls from the Leipard a few seats away. Some people should honestly control their pokemon better. :And why should I do that and waste my energy when we could just stay here and be safe? Besides, you'll catch a cold in the rain.: She knew Keitaro did not need help sitting down so she claimed the chair right next to him.

The man smiled and leaned back in his new seat, interlacing his fingers and resting his chinon them. His head tilted towards his friend, the presence in his mind giving him the direction that she was in. :Rain doesn't make you sick, viruses and bacteria do,: he replied with a slight smirk, gently teasing his companion.

He did not need to see to know that Tsubaki was narrowing her eyes at him. The telepathic link she constantly kept open to him filtered her emotions through. :Regardless, it threatens your health to be stuck in the rain and lightning.:

Keitaro laughed good naturedly. :Yes, it does.: He agreed, knowing it would please her. He heard someone apologizing profusedly, although he could only hear snatches of the conversation over the many others going on throughout the room. He tugged his scarf on tighter, and uneasy feeling giving him the sudden chills.

Rai and Sora Hayabusa
Envoys of Taste and Smell
Nimbasa City

"So step right up and--"

"--let us amaze you!"

"Acrobatics--"

"--light shows--"

"--tricks--"

"--wonders--"

"--things that defying the senses and--"

"--trick them. All right here!"

It was hard not to notice the twins, and not just because they were constantly changing the speaker. Rai was standing on his hands while his twin brother Sora was standing on top of him, the soles of their shoes fitting each other perfectly. People gasped at the balance the twins had and many were expecting them to fall, but when you had the synchronization that the twins had it was hard to mess up. Around them were balls of lightning and colored beams shooting around playfully, catching attention from far off. The effects were from Rai's Jolteon, Blitz, and Sora's Mime Jr., ironically named after his brother. Blitz would shoot lightning from his fur and Rai would wave his hands and manipulate them to do tricks.

"Care for a snack? A dollar each." Sora said, waving his hand at the assortment of fruits and candy laid out on the blanket in front of them.

"Why are you selling food when this is an acrobat show?" A boy asked, putting a dollar in the cash register that was suspiciously open. Just because you were a Ditto didn't mean that your transformations were limited to pokemon.

"We did not say it was just acrobats," Rai said with a winning smile. His voice was slightly deeper than his twins, which was the only way to tell them apart besides their clothes.

"Even though it was implied." Sora finished for him. "Try the food, you'll be shocked."

The boy just shrugged and picked out an apple. He bit it and then paused. "It tastes like chocolate," he said in amazement, causing the people around him to turn their gaze to the ordinary looking apple.

"All part of the show," Rai told him. "We can make it taste like anything you want."

Clearly their customer didn't believe him. "Alright then, change the flavor. Oranges." He said, giving them a challenging stare.

The only thing Rai did was smile. "Fine, taste it again." He watched as his command was obeyed and the shocked youth stood with an apple in his hand that tasted like oranges. At least, he believed it tasted like oranges. It was much easier to fool someone when they believed the illusion was true. Money started flowing in as the crowd bought food to see what mysterious tastes it would behold, and Rai had to concentrate to make each different. He didn't mind to much, it was strengthening his skill, but it felt like the mental equivilant of juggling.

:Problems, dear brother?: Sora asked, grinning wickedly.

:You wish,: Rai shot back. :I don't know why I have to be bottom this time. Being on top makes it so much easier to concentrate.:

Sora's laughter filled his head. :That statement could be taken in an interesting way,: he replied, letting his brother see exactly where his thoughts were taking him.

:Oh shutup,: Rai snapped, his face paling and nearly losing his balance. He gave his twin a quick mental smack (no one seemed to notice Sora flinch and hold his head) and went back to his illusion. "More buyers?" He asked as a few more people gathered around. "We even take requests."

((Hmm, something seems off about Rai and Sora's intro to me....It was typed quickly cause there's a storm just outside and I didn't want to blow out my comp again.))

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----

Last edited by Enkaku_Kumori; 08-05-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Rizu
Shade of Sound
Castelia City

I kept walking until I hit the North Road, stopping to look at passersby. Sonja followed just over my head, making sure my favorite hat didn’t get too wet from the rain. I started walking with the flow of people to avoid being noticed too much. Being unnoticed was something I liked. It seemed to me everyone was heading to the Pokémon Centre for shelter, thanks to my thunder. IT was interesting seeing how people reacted to the elements, especially ones that didn’t really exist. I kept looking down at the ground as I walked for the most part, noticing my shadow darken suddenly.

I turned and looked at the sky. I waited for a second, and suddenly saw a flash of lightning. I knew it couldn’t have been real, because thunder came after it in perfect unison. It would be overtaking my thunder. Also, the lightning wasn’t quite perfectly in sync with my thunder, so, I could safely say it was another Alt playing with my thunder. Hell if they wanted to, sure, add to the storm. It wasn’t my business and it wasn’t like they knew my thunder was real or not. Everyone else who seemed to be scattering like frightened Ratatta though wouldn’t of been able to notice, they weren’t immersed or trained in illusions.

That’s when something started to bug me. I noticed the rain, and it looked wet and felt wet, but something wasn’t right about it. I just had one of those feelings. I put my fingers to my hat, wondering if it felt wet at all while underneath my loving Swoobat. Amazingly, it didn’t, despite the fact a few drops at least should have made it to the fabric. Sonja sensed me tense up, and I asked her to move away from my head. I replaced my hand back on my hat when she did, and suddenly, it felt damp.

“Again.”

Sonja moved over my head once again, and my hat, once again, felt perfectly dry.

“Theres a Touch Alt out there… and a visual Alt.”

Why were they starting a storm? The clouds may have been real, but if anyone was purposely making it rain, that seemed fishy to me. Real fishy. My thoughts caused a giant thundering crash to deviate from the sky. My illusions had a habit of following however I was feeling. Right now I was feeling offset. Now, I had to go find what was up, since that feeling of something big happening still hadn’t gone away. If this storm was the start of it, seeing as if I killed it before it could become something, then I could go back to having a normal life…well, as normal as an illusion bending human being could. I decided to make my way to the Pokémon Centre, seeing as I might find a clue there.

Normally I didn’t give a damn what the world outside did, as long as it didn’t bother me. This time though, it was bothering me, so I planned on doing something about it.

I walked into the Pokémon Centre; my sense of Alt’s started up. It wasn’t so much a psychic sense; it was more a trained sense, like a sixth one. Alt’s knew the presence of others because we had a deviated perception, which allowed us to easily manipulate the perception of others because any normal person’s was very much concrete, for lack of a better term. Ours were more unstable; therefore, we could sense each other in a small way. You couldn’t really tell what another was good at unless they were performing an illusion and you were very aware of it. The other Alt’s would be able to sense me more easily since I was creating imaginary thunder, and maybe figure out I was a Sound Alt.

As I walked in, I could sense other alt’s amongst the large crowd, giving me some relief as if any Alt’s did sense me, I’d be damn hard to spot. I looked around the room, trying to see if anyone in there was possibly making any visual disturbances. Seeing touch alterations was harder unless you could see micro expressions. Other than that, it was rather hard. Sound was one of the harder ones to sense alterations to because everyone made a lot of noise, there was always noise. If you listened hard enough though you could tell. Taste was almost impossible to detect, smell not so much but the two seemed to go hand in hand. That just made things damn confusing sometimes though.

No one was messing with visual senses, so I went to turn and leave when I saw something outside that gave me an idea as to what was going on.

Outside, some people were running in all directions, some ran indoors, and what they were running from, was a wild rampaging Seismitoad, with a pack of smaller Palpitoad followers. Everyone was either watching from the inside or fleeing on the outside, and I, for one, was just outside the doors, nearly being trampled to death.

‘If any other Alt around doesn’t see that’s a cheap illusion, then quality is seriously slipping…’

First thing was first though, get Shorai and Sonja and pretend to fight off a bunch of fake Palpitoad and Seismitoad.

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 08-07-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Mammon
Envoy of Touch
Nimbasa City

He didn't even understand why he came here in the first place. It was the same as it was when he left it- heaven for the tourists and the rich, hell for the poor. The people gathered around the two of his fellow alts didn't see, no, couldn't see what was going on around the back. The alleys of Nimbasa were famous for their deceptive crime syndicates. The mayor of the city has ignored them as long as they aren't noticeable to the leisure-loving tourists; Nimbasa was beautiful on the outside, but the inside was full of rot. Sooner or later, it will probably cause a gigantic mess when the stench of the corruption finally reach the public... Not that it was his problem, of course.

Mammon was currently in a line to ride the ferris wheel that Nimbasa was so famous for. Of course, he wasn't going to spend money on such a stupid thing when he knew they were obviously ripping him off; the price wasn't a cent lower than what he would've priced it, but still, it didn't change the fact it was a completely ridiculous pricing. Add that to the extremely weak security (he was wearing a pitch-black robe and a hood that covered his eyes, yet no guard was saying 'doesn't this guy look suspicious?'), and you could bet some people were going to have a problem with paying.

"Could you pay, sir? People behind you are complaining..." The woman working there muttered quietly at him. He had to consider where he was; he had to make it a little discreet, or he would create a commotion. (A little voice in his head told him walking in without paying probably would cause a commotion by itself, but he ignored it)

"Er, sir..." The employee whispered urgently. Suddenly, the security guards started groaning about a headache, and stepped out of the way. Without saying anything, Mammon brushed by them and walked in. He was about to enjoy a little private time with only his thoughts as company- until a little boy rushed inside the ferris wheel with him.

"Whew! Thanks for letting me go in with you, sir!" I never allowed you to go with me, an irritated voice said in his head. The boy continued, not knowing what was going on behind the hood.

"It was, like, my life dream to go on this ferris wheel! But this ride costs about the same as our daily meal combined, so I kinda had trouble," he said excitedly. "But thanks to you, I can finally see what the city looks like from this high! It's amazing, isn't it? Is it your first time here? I can give you a tour around the city, if you want!" Mammon smiled, his first in a while.

"No, I'm not new to this city. Would you please tell me about your family?" Mammon asked calmly.

"Oh..." The boy seemed to deflate visibly at his negative response. However, he grew energetic again, ready to talk about his family.

"My mom died when I was three, so I don't know much about her. I still have Dad and my big sis though, so I don't miss her that much. Well, actually, my dad's almost always gone so it's mostly me and my sister. She used to work at the restaurant there-" he pointed at the flashy, not-very-tasty diner- "but she's been getting weird coughs these days so she's taking a break now. I just gather junk when she's away and try to see if there's anything valuable. Oh, would you like to take a look, sir? I've found this cool rock a few days ago," he offered the shady assassin. "It looks like it could be useful." He brought out a round, obsidian rock that looked anything but useful.

"I'd like to buy that. Would this amount of money do?" He pulled out about thirty fresh bills and put them in front of him. The boy's eyes widened with shock.

"W-was it really that valuable? It's the first time I've gotten something worth anything! Ar-are you really sure about this?"

"Positive," Mammon assured him, "and make sure to get your sister to a doctor. The money should be enough to cover you both while she recovers." You're going to have to starve a few meals to make up for that much money, greed, the voice said again. The boy stared at him with gleaming eyes.

"Looks like the ferris wheel's over. Let's get out of here," he gestured towards the door, holding the stone. As the security tried to catch them leaving, they mysteriously suffered another bout of headache that forced them to step aside. Mammon and the boy walked out casually.

"Sir... You're a really nice person! I hope we meet again, sir!" The boy waved, then ran towards the opposite side. As he watched him go, the voice droned on again. I thought you weren't going to? Not until... You know... He frowned, wondering just why he did that. Eventually, he thought back to the voice.

Today was just an exception...

OOC: This was probably my longest post ever, lol.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 08-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Sylver Offline

Joseph
Veil of Mind
Village Bridge

The storm clouds were real, but I could not feel the rain which fell down, not even moving the water in my glass nor adding to it. Not even the thunder and lightning felt real, although several non-Alternates scurried about, fleeing from this artificial downpour. Of all the people to trick, one with a sixth sense is incredibly hard to fool. My memory alone could determine fact from fiction.

To trick the senses of sight, touch, and sound... there are several Alts out there using these gifts now... I muttured in my mind, the Eevee on my lap shaking lightly. I gently placed my hand against her head, stroking her fur in long, gentle motions.

"It's okay, Shannon. Nothing will hurt you here." I gently reassured. I remembered her fear of the rain, the same day I caught her. Next to us, my Audino sat on another chair, eyes closed and swaying gently with the sound of the man singing under the bridge. Even I had to admit, the acoustics of the sound, coupled with the verious other people playing their instruments, was quite a nice tone against the artificial weather.

"Aren't you going inside, sir? You'll catch your death out here if you stay too long." Somebody asked me, breaking me from my pleasant trance.

"I'll be fine, thanks. I've been through much worse than this." I replied, delicately implanting the thought that I was nobody important aming his. Manipulating the direct senses was easy compared to my skill. The power to alter thoughts, change the mind of many, such talents were dangerous, which is why I took a personal oath to keep from abusing it.

"Suit yourself." He spoke, walking off in a hurry. Smiling gently, I leaned back slightly, the hood of my coat shifting downward as I took solace in the comforting sounds around me, trying futilely to slowly shake an unnerving emotion in my body. As much as the sixth sense was a gift, it was also a curse. Even a new Alternate knew something was coming, but I could tell, it was not good.

"We'll continue moving tomorrow." I lazily spoke, hiding my nerves. "Tonight, all we need do is relax and wait until the storm passes, until we can see that silver lining."

Yes, as much as the clouds were real, the rest were fake.

Wanna try your hand at an Interactive Adventure? Come try What is Darkness?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
Joseph
Veil of Mind
Village Bridge

The storm clouds were real, but I could not feel the rain which fell down, not even moving the water in my glass nor adding to it. Not even the thunder and lightning felt real, although several non-Alternates scurried about, fleeing from this artificial downpour. Of all the people to trick, one with a sixth sense is incredibly hard to fool. My memory alone could determine fact from fiction.

To trick the senses of sight, touch, and sound... there are several Alts out there using these gifts now... I muttured in my mind, the Eevee on my lap shaking lightly. I gently placed my hand against her head, stroking her fur in long, gentle motions.

"It's okay, Shannon. Nothing will hurt you here." I gently reassured. I remembered her fear of the rain, the same day I caught her. Next to us, my Audino sat on another chair, eyes closed and swaying gently with the sound of the man singing under the bridge. Even I had to admit, the acoustics of the sound, coupled with the verious other people playing their instruments, was quite a nice tone against the artificial weather.

"Aren't you going inside, sir? You'll catch your death out here if you stay too long." Somebody asked me, breaking me from my pleasant trance.

"I'll be fine, thanks. I've been through much worse than this." I replied, delicately implanting the thought that I was nobody important aming his. Manipulating the direct senses was easy compared to my skill. The power to alter thoughts, change the mind of many, such talents were dangerous, which is why I took a personal oath to keep from abusing it.

"Suit yourself." He spoke, walking off in a hurry. Smiling gently, I leaned back slightly, the hood of my coat shifting downward as I took solace in the comforting sounds around me, trying futilely to slowly shake an unnerving emotion in my body. As much as the sixth sense was a gift, it was also a curse. Even a new Alternate knew something was coming, but I could tell, it was not good.

"We'll continue moving tomorrow." I lazily spoke, hiding my nerves. "Tonight, all we need do is relax and wait until the storm passes, until we can see that silver lining."

A very nice post however you are not allowed to post in this thread, until you have submitted a character sign up in this thread and I have determined if it is an acceptable one. Please submit a character sign up sheet in the SuDs thread. :3
Old 08-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Sylver Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
A very nice post however you are not allowed to post in this thread, until you have submitted a character sign up in this thread and I have determined if it is an acceptable one. Please submit a character sign up sheet in the SuDs thread. :3
All right. Sorry about that.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Winter Offline

OOC: Lol, newbies gotta learn sometime. Different sites RP different ways, here we use SU Threads then RP threads. You're not the first to make the mistake and did it a lot better than some have...at least we know you can RP decently now. :)

EDIT: Yeah, sorry, no RP text because I'm on my 3DS and my sister is literally screaming(fangirl-style) about going to the pool and everyone keeps running up and poking at my feet/legs and telling me to go change.

Last edited by Winter; 08-07-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Winter Offline

OOC: Sorry to double-post, but it's easier to make sure everyone sees it rather than edit and have people yell at me for not posting, lol. Anyway...

Aki Shibayama and Haru Aozora
Veil of Touch and Non-Alt
Castelia City

Aki had begun to tune out Haru's profuse apologies, mainly because her attention was being drawn somewhere...else by instinct. Unknown to her, as Rizu walked into the Pokemon Center, her eyes flickered to the spot where the alt had stood before leaving of their own sightless accord. She was beginning to feel the many alt forces suddenly working in the city, one of which had to be a sound alt--she'd discerned that much from the thunder. There was something that just sounded...off about it. And then there was suddenly lightning, she realized, as more people began to talk about it. The Pokemon Center became flooded with people, all talking about the thunder and lightning that Aki knew to be illusions created by other alternates, whose power she could feel around her, yet not particularly locate beyond the fact they were in Castelia.

"...Hey, are you okay? Miss? Yoohoo, over here..." Aki's head snapped in Haru's direction moodily.

"What?" She asked in exasperation, sightless eyes imitating a perfect glare. She heard Haru step back.

"Okay...that's creepy..." She heard him mumble under his breath before he continued on. "I asked your name." Aki wanted to run away, he was forcing answers from her, it felt. She didn't like personal questions, in fact she hated them and tried to avoid them as much as possible. However, she was saved by the result of a rather odd distraction. Suddenly it sounded like a stampede in the room, people were far more worried all of a sudden, and it had nothing to do with thunder or lightning or rain.

"Somebody stop that Seismitoad!" She heard, yet she didn't feel the rocking of the ground she should have felt through her sandals. Seismitoad were not small pokemon, and the way everyone was reacting to it--it sounded as though it was supposed to be on a rampage. There were more alts on the loose.

"Musei, give me an impression." Aki ordered calmly. Within a moment her Gallade pulled her into his mind, allowing his trainer to see the Pokemon Center in chaos. The ground trembled under his feet, and she could see not only a Seismitoad, but multiple Palpitoad with it. Her alt senses told her it was all an illusion--one that needed to be dealt with quickly.

/Newer alts? I can tell you find it easy to disprove./ Musei asked, Aki shrugged.

"Maybe." She said, kicking off her flip flops almost casually. She would need to see both her way and Musei's way to deal with this, as per usual with any kind of visual illusion. "Hey Elegance, watch those for me, will you?" She requested, and "saw" the Gothorita hop off the bench they had been sitting on. "Ah, it's nice to be free." She mumbled before concentrating hard on the pack of people in front of her, imagining that they would simply feel a slight push that would move the people out of the way as she passed, but as she moved to start for the door, someone grabbed her arm. At the same time she did, Musei turned his head, giving her her first real look at Haru Aozora--Athletic. Blond Hair. Blue eyes. Classic jock-everybody-loves type. She thought, attempting to jerk her arm away. "Hey, hands off!" She snapped, performing her perfect sightless glare once more.

"No, you might not be able to see, but I can--it's dangerous out there." He said, ignoring Vashuka's yowling protests that her trainer be released. Suddenly, his wrist was gripped by a smaller, oddly-shaped pale green one.

/The danger level in here from your grabbing my trainer is greater than what she would face out there./ Musei's threat ripped across both Aki's mind and apparently Haru's, as his eyes widened to the size of saucers, yet he was now to scared to move.

"Oh spare me--I know. I'm blind, not deaf. I can hear everything, and everyone else might be afraid, but I'm not. My team is not to be messed with lightly, as they have quite the resolve to prevent me from coming to harm. I will be fine. Now, let. Me. Go." She growled. As though it were the magic words to a trick, Haru's hand released her arm, and Musei released his wrist.

"Fine, but I'm going with you. I want to do something as well!" Dangit, dangit, dangit!

"Look, stay inside like a good little boy and watch the show, why don't you?" The bitingly sarcastic remark slipped out of Aki's mouth easily, but Haru was not budging.

"I'm going, sorry." Aki's lips twitched towards a snarl before they seemed to change their mind and form a smirk.

"Fine then--see if you can keep up." She turned and started pushing and running, causing more chaos around the two as Aki slipped through the crowd and outside easily, leaving Haru stuck far behind.

Michelle Toya
Veil of Vision
Nimbasa

Michelle looked up as she passed a pair of twins performing a street act, and she was subtly alerted to something...else. She got the feeling she was around alts, causing her to stop. After observing the show from a distance and seeing the frenzy the twins seemed to be driving up over food with "odd tastes" and she began to catch thought-voices that sounded exactly like the boys above the frenzied thoughts of the spectators. One of the two--if not both--was a taste alt. Then the thought became more distinct, and she nearly died laughing out loud as she stumbled in on an easily misinterpreted comment made by one of the boys. She wasn't the only one to get it, either, the other pointed it out--much to displeasure of the one it was pointed out to. Apparently the one on the bottom was the taste alt, but what interested Michelle more than the fact they were alts was the fact they were using human-to-human, direct telepathy, which utterly astounded her. Her telepathy refused to be narrowed down or "turned off" enough for her to live a happy life, and these boys who could communicate with each other. She quickly squashed the hope of learning how to tone it down to almost nonexistance, not on her own, and she only had Cam to really teach her, and it was natural instinct for Ralts and it's evolutions to be able to control their abilities, so Cam couldn't really explain anyway. Amused, she made her way through the crowd to the front, drawing out a dollar and dropping it in the cash register set out near the assortment of foods the strange twins had set out. "Interesting sidejob you have here..." The words were barely there and she wondered if the performers could hear her, though wondered how they would react if they did.

Her odd, almond-shaped green eyes scanned the assortment and picked up a chocolate bar. "Could you add a mint taste to this?" She asked politely. She doubted highly that the illusion would work on her as it would the other non-alt humans, but was worth trying. They were creative, she'd give them that. Cam still hung from her shoulders lightly, but lifted an arm to prod her as her trainer unwrapped the bar.

/May I try some?/ Cam asked, Michelle nodded.

"'Course, Cam." She responded, taking a bite and bracing herself.

OOC: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, moody Aki comes out! XD And Miche is amused.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
Joseph
Veil of Mind
Village Bridge

OOC: This is now a valid post gals and gais.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

Stella Marino
Shade of Vision
Castelia City

"You know it's not quite as fun out when there are hardly any people around." Stella remarked, sweeping her pale eyes over the streets. Most of the pedestrians had taken shelter inside and only a few were running around. Great, now she couldn't hide in the crowds anymore. She was still keeping up her lightning, but it was only half-hearted now. Not to mention something was off about everything. She could sense Alts around her and now she had a pretty good idea why she felt so uneasy.

Lola's cold aura prodded her lightly, jerking her back to reality. "You're a ghost, Lola," the trainer said suddenly. "I know you can feel them too. Ghost and Psychic pokemon have a good sixth sense, and that's why they notice us more." She felt rather than saw her pokemon nod. "I think we might have to face them soon. Something is obviously up." She sighed and looked down at her boots, scuffing the sidewalk. And then she frowned.

That's odd. She thought and lifted her foot up. She had to have sloshed through twenty puddles so far and yet her boots didn't seem to be wet at all. She ran her finger along the bottom of her shoe. It was dry. "Oh that's clever," she said, smiling wickedly. "Very clever. And excellently done, I applaud their efforts." Lola hissed next to her, obviously missing whatever her trainer had discovered. "Watch," Stella said and stuck her hand out from underneath her umbrella. The rain drenched it, but Stella could feel it rolling off her skin rather than soaking into it; now that she was aware of the illusion it felt all too fake. When she brought her hand back under the umbrella it was dry.

Lola hissed again and Stella smiled at her. "See now? Although I wonder why an Alt, or two rather, would go through so much trouble just to make it rain." She looked up at her lightning and the thunder that followed. Now that she thought about it, that wasn't right either. She could hear thunder, but she couldn't feel it. Thunder made her insides rumble, but this thunder did not. She gave an ironic laugh. "It seems nothing about this storm is actually real," she commented.

"Hey girl, watch out!!" Someone shouted at her, pointing behind her.

Stella really did not care for what the man was pointing at, and she turned out of reflex more than anything else. Behind her people were running from what appeared to be a Seismitoad leading a stampede of Palpitoad down the streets. Appeared was the keyword here, because Stella took one look at the pokemon and knew they were fake. You can't fool a visual Alt with a visual illusion, idiots. She thought and stepped aside, letting the illusions run right past her. The ground was't even trembling beneath their feet, as it should have been with that many pokemon. "Shabby," was all she had to say.

However normal people could not see the truth, and they were screaming and running from something that was entirely in their heads. Stella enjoyed chaos, but not on this scale. "Lola," she said, her tone hardening. Immediately the Mismagius was next to her, casting off the invisibilty. "Fire a Shadow Ball at them. I don't care which one you hit."

"Miisss," Lola hissed and the red gems on her body started to glow. The nearest shadows started to stretch towards the witchy pokemon to form a dark ball that grew and grew until energy crackled along its surface. With a cry Lola let the attack loose, and it ripped through the air and actually blasted raindrops out of the way as it went by. None of the Palpitoad looked behind them, so the ball would smash into them unnoticed.

Keitaro Kimura
Non Alt
Castelia City

:Is something wrong?: Keitaro asked, feeling Tsubaki's mood changing. He knew when something had her on edge and he knew to trust her instincts.

:Something's not right,: she asnwered, her thoughts dark and somber. :These people aren't right. Some of them are giving off an odd aura.:

:Like what?: Keitaro prompted, tilting his head to one side. Faint snatches of conversation came to him, and it sounded as if people were getting nervous. He heard higher voices and words started to fly from people's lips.

:I woudn't say dangerous,: Tsubaki said slowly, choosing her words with care. :But different. Definitely different.:

All at once there were yells and voices of panic. Keitaro heard footsteps shuffle as people started to run. "Somebody stop that Seismitoad!" An unknown face yelled.

In an instant the blind trainer was on his feet. "What?" He asked, looking to Tsubaki for answers. He knew she would tell him what she was seeing.

The Gardevoir frowned and pulled her trainer near the front. :There's a pack of Palpitoad stampeding down the streets, being lead by a Seismitoad,: she reported, tightening her hand around her trainer's. :There's something different about them too.:

Already Keitaro was running his hand around his belt. He could not see his pokeballs, but he could feel them. Each had a pattern of scratches on it so he could tell them apart. He unclipped a pokeball that had a ╪ pattern scratched onto it. "Let's go and take care of them," he said.

Before he could move though, he felt someone brush by him, but the their progress was halted. "Hey, hands off!" he heard a woman's voice yell.

"No, you might not be able to see, but I can--it's dangerous out there." A male voice answered her.

For one crazy moment Keitaro thought that the man was referring to him, but he felt Tsubaki shake her head. "Oh spare me," the girl snarled. "I know. I'm blind, not deaf. I can hear everything, and everyone else might be afraid, but I'm not. My team is not to be messed with lightly, as they have quite the resolve to prevent me from coming to harm. I will be fine. Now, let. Me. Go." Seconds later she rushed past them and a blast of cold air indicated the doors being thrown open.

Another blind trainer? What a coincidence. Keitaro thought with a wide smile. It was comforting to know that you weren't the only black sheep among trainers. He started to push past the people in front of him and felt the doors silde open automatically, a small relief so he didn't have to find the door.

:Don't you go running off like that!: He heard Tsubaki yell and then she was beside him again, her arm around his. :I get if you want to fight but at least let me be in front of you first.:

"Yes mother," he replied and threw the pokeball. "Princess, come out!" He ordered as the pokeball opened and spat out a jet of light. A Castform materialized and seconds later it switched to its Rain Form. "Tsubaki, what's happening?" he asked again.

:Someone from down the street has fired a Shadow Ball at the Palpitoad,: the Gardevoir replied.

Rai and Sora Hayabusa
Envoys of Taste and Smell
Nimbasa City

:Well this--:

:--is interesting.: Rai finished for his brother. He looked up (or was it down?) at the newcomer. His finely tuned sixth sense was coming into play and it was telling him that something was off. And when you grow up in a family filled with illusionists, you can identify them rather easily. :Do you feel that?: he asked Sora.

A metal snort answered him. :Of course I do, I'm not that blind.: The twin on top tilted his head so he could see the girl better. He grinned widely, wondering what game she was playing at.

Rai chuckled in a low voice. "Of course I could," he replied in a quiet voice, a stage whisper meant to carry only so far. "But whether or not it works on you is a different matter." He suddenly wanted to try his skills on another Alt, since testing on Sora was no fun.

:I heard that,: Sora said.

He ignored his brother for the moment and focused, his hands clenching against the ground as he did. It might not work, since the girl knew what to expect, but you never knew. Besides, he had a day to kill, so what the heck. Mint, he thought to himself, remembering the sharp taste on his tongue and projecting that sensation onto the girl as she tasted her chocolate.

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 08-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Sylver Offline

Joseph
Veil of Mind
Village Bridge

I don't remember dozing off, but I do remember being woken up by Shannon as for the first time tonight, actual lightning sounded not far off in the distance. Shannon, once on my lap, was now hiding inside my jacket, trembling in fear. Frowning slightly, I gently fished her out from it and cradled her in one arm, the other reaching for her pokeball.

"Do you want to go back in your ball?" I asked, watching her nod frantically as another bolt touched the ground far off. Nodding, I held the ball up to her, the familiar red beam sending her back inside before it minimized again to be placed on my belt. Before I could relax, though, a group of villagers seemed to rush past me.

"Hey, what's going on?" I called out, catching the attention of one quickly.

"There are raging pokemon in Castelia! We're going to patrol the village for any here until this storm blows over." The young man spoke, the same that originally asked me to get out of the artificial rain. That little nugget of information hit the right nerve, my face void of any kindness, but locked in a serious gaze. I felt as though something was wrong, and now, sitting at the far edges of Unova, even I knew it was time for action.

"Do you have any flying pokemon?" I asked, receiving his nod, almost as if he read my mind.

"You can borrow my Unfezant, Rufus, but be sure to return him." He spoke, handing me a Premier Ball, his bird pokemon held inside.

"Thanks." I called as he left. Turning to my Audino, holding the Egg I had been nurturing for six months now, I smiled as I called out the flying pokemon. "Victor, can you explain the situation?" I asked, before he replied in kind in their own language. After what must have seemed like an eternity to my growing-restless self, the bird nodded at both of us.

"Perfect. Take us to Castelia City, please." I half-asked as the bird took off, allowing me time to return Victor to his pokeball and place the Egg in a well-padded section of my bag, feeling the warmth coming from inside, a surefire signal that it would hatch soon. Closing my bag, I ran forward and leapt off the bridge as Rufus made a return sweep, catching me as I carefully adjusted my position on his back, taking to the skies at the fastest speed he could muster.

"Well, Rufus, I'm sorry to ask you to do this, but I have to get to the bottom of this." I apologized, shouting over the winds. "It looks like the storm we've been avoiding is finally here."

Old 08-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Mammon
Envoy of Touch
Nimbasa City
Affected RPers: None, yet.

"Huh, you're different from what I've read." A shady man in the alleys spoke casually, his arms crossed. Mammon instinctively threw out his Sharpedo and was ready to bite him apart, when the stranger muttered, "No need to get so worked up. I'm just here as, how'd I say it, an envoy, after all." Mammon's brows furrowed (not that anyone could have seen it, of course).

"Who sent you?" Mammon's question was direct and to the point. The man grinned, somewhat unpleasantly.

"Does it really matter? My employer would like to have a deal with you. He can pay far more than what you've obtained from your petty assassinations and kidnappings." Money? The guy really knew him. Well, he would do any job, as long as the price was right...

"What job? And how much?" As always, short and to the point. The man gave the same, irritating grin for the second time.

"For your first question, a simple kidnapping of one of your fellow alternates," Mammon flinched; just how much did the man know? "And for the second, this much." To demonstrate, he showed him the briefcase he had beside him, then opened it up.

"My employer will give you this amount right now, as a proof of our deal, regardless of your success. If you succeed, he'll give you twice this money. Well then, do we have a deal, my young greed incarnate?"

"Yes." The man grinned, perhaps the most distasteful of all.

"Oh, I suppose I never gave you the name of your target. Her name is... Michelle Toya."

OOC: Kinda short, but it'll get the plot going.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Rizu
Shade of Sound
Castelia City
ARPer's: Anyone around the Palpitoad/Seismitoad illusion

I looked around for Shorai, wondering if she was near the illusions going on for who knew that reason. Oh, and yes, I know I've called her a he before, but she is a serious tomboy, and sometimes I forget she's really a girl. Anyway, the Palpitoad and one Seismitoad were really causing a mess, and few people were outside. As I watched them, it seemed that they were trying to make the people go inside. Maybe I was over thinking things but once someone wasn't out in the 'rain', they looked for someone else.

'Whoever is setting this up has to be able to see from somewhere...and it had to be high up.'

I looked around, trying to keep track of the Pokemon causing mayhem hile Sonja acted like they were real. I could see Shorai up on one of the skyscraper windows, pointing in a specific direction. My Galvantula had been trained with me in detecting illusionists, as the electricl nerve patterns were more...dramatic for lack of a better term. She had a feeling of which direction, and I knew only to follow her. I looked a Sonja and called her back into her Pokeball, and as I did, I saw a Shadow Ball attack go sailing past her and into one of the Palpitoad, sending it into an alley way, and out of sight.

'Who the hell was that?'

I turned and saw a girl in typical gothic garb not too far off, also outside trying to fight off the blue amphibians. I ignored her for now, though sensed a bit of deviated perception from her. Maybe it was another Alt, but I knew one thing, and that she wasn't my problem. Actually, this whole thing with the fake Pokemon attack wasn't my problem but again, if it was the thing I've been bugged about, kick it in the ass before it gets up.

"The hell WATCH where you're attacking." I yelled over to the stranger, using my sound illusions to mask it from anyone else. "You can't let ordinary people see them all randomly disappear! Watch it dammit."

I pulled out a Dusk Ball and threw it out, and with a shimmering and deathly roar, a shiny Hydriegon came out. He looked at me respectfully, something I had a damn hard time earning. I jumped on his back and held onto his neck. He looked at the illusionary Pokemon, knowing very well they were fake.

"Follow Shorai, Zhen." I said, pointing to where the shiny Galvantula was.

Zhen roared, swiping at a few more Palpitoad with his tail, and clearly gaining a lot of attention. The Seismitoad was now locked onto us, and I wondered if the illusionist responsible knew we were looking for them, or was just pissed off we were screwing up his show. Hell if they waned to follow, they sure as hell could. Keeping illusions away from real eyes that was something to do. I wanted to keep my freedom and not be pryed about my powers.

The only one I didn't want following right now, were any human beings. Socialness was not my forte and I was never one for the corrupt ways of society.

Been there, done that thanks.