Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 09-24-2011, 12:04 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01
Default Individual RP: WinterVines

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Oh you're f**king KIDDING ME!" I yelled angrily. My camera swirled around the patch of lava that my avatar had just disappeared into, taking with it all of my hard-earned armour and items. I stared blankly at the screen, a burning inferno of rage swirling around inside me. Dual was sitting on a chair just behind me, watching a video on my backup computer, and my anger was so intense that it was provoking him too. Small pieces of wire and paper began to float up into the air as he clenched his fists and narrowed his eyes.

"Whoa there," Leo said, coming up and putting a hand on my shoulder. "No need for all of that."

"I lost like thirty-four gold nuggets and twenty amethysts," I snarled. "Three hours worth of dungeon exploration!"

Leo hissed in sympathy. "I think you need to get out a bit. There's an expedition going out to the Lakes in a few minutes that needs a Ranger. Why don't you go take that?"

"Might be a good idea," I growled angrily, slamming my fist on the table. "If I stay here much longer I'mma plant my fist through this screen."

I got up and stalked through the office area, being sure to avoid Ivy. If she caught me being grumpy like this she'd give me a real talking to, and while I was pissed off I wasn't stupid. I snatched up the manila folder from the outbox and left through the main entrance. Dual didn't seem to want to come with me - he was engrossed in the video he was watching. That was okay - I hadn't flown the Park helicopter in a long time, and I needed the practice. I climbed the stairs to the helipad that was on top of Headquarters and climbed into the machine. Thankfully, we had procured complete rights to the airspace over the island so I didn't need to check in with flight control or anything. I flicked the switches and the bird rose up into the air. I angled the nose towards the Great Lakes and pushed the throttle forwards. This would probably be a very interesting run.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Elena
Area Effects: 15 Encounters Remaining
Pokemon Encountered: N/A
Pokemon Captured: N/A
CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statstics:

Koko (F) - Persian
Ability: Technician
Nature: Hardy
TM/HM: U-turn, Water Pulse, Icy Wind, Psych Up, Protect, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Flying
BM/SM/MT: None

Toshiro (M) - Jolteon
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Serious
TM/HM: Hidden Power Ice, Volt Switch, Shadow Ball, Roar, Thunderbolt, Reflect, Light Screen, Substitute

Fred (M) - Swampert
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
TM/HM: Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Strength, Stealth Rock, Brick Break, Roar, Avalanche, Substitute, Hidden Power Dark, Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Scald, Sleep Talk, Rest, Stone Edge, Toxic
BM/SM/MT: Curse, Yawn, Outrage, Mirror Coat, Refresh, Counter, Ice Punch

Item Statistics:

Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x3, Parkball x5, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Borderline Voice Disk (Stunfisk), Uncommon Voice Disk (Barboach), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 09-24-2011, 02:06 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Individual RP: WinterVines

TP#1

“So here we are again,” Elena said, brushing some of her brown hair behind her ear so it rested just past her shoulder. She was looking down the gravel road that would lead to their destination: The Great Lakes. “What do you think, Toshiro?”

“Jol...” he replied, keeping up with her as she started to move down the south-east path.

Technically, it was her Jolteon's first time here. She had been here previously on a run to Mount Deckbi in order to look for Ground-types for a friend of hers. Ironically, that was sort of why she was here again too. Her friend collected Ground, Rock, and Steel-types, and because she did so much research and excavating, she didn't have a lot of time to go out and find some of the Pokémon she wanted to study. Elena hated staying in one place for too long, so she had offered to venture out to look for her.

Toshiro was quiet as they traveled, his eyes kept straight ahead. At first she had thought he didn't like her much, since he was a fairly new addition to her team. When she asked Horus, her Xatu, he said that the Jolteon was just very serious. He liked to be goal-oriented, so Elena thought the Park would be a good place for him since it was a clear-cut process to catching Pokémon.

They finally reached the Lakes Outpost, but nobody was there. She could see waving grasses and pools of water beyond the gate, but she knew they weren't supposed to venture in with a Ranger. Instead she found a rock to sit on. She brushed her tan vest out of the way and seated herself. The Jolteon took a seat by her feet. He grumbled a little bit, and she smiled as she shook her head.

“Yes, I remember. We're looking for the Pokémon on Glenne's list. I won't forget.”

Then, they settled in to wait for a guide to take them through. Elena couldn't stop playing with the glove on her left arm as she struggled to stay still. The Park was safe, but she couldn't help the reflex. Being motionless made her nervous.

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 09-25-2011, 02:23 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

The mechanical ch-ch-ch sounds of the helicopter were strangely soothing. My seething rage over the video game death slowly subsided, and I simply enjoyed the flight. I'd radioed ahead and it turned out that one of the newer Rangers was at the Lakes, and thankfully they were rated to fly the aircraft. I'd pulled rank and they'd agreed to fly it back to headquarters for me. I had to admit, it was nice to travel without using teleportation for once. Birds flew below me and the clouds drifted above me, and the sun glinting off the ocean made for a spectacular view of the mainland.

Finally, I arrived at the Ranger Outpost at the Lakes. The helicopter landed softly on the rooftop, and my subordinate was waiting. I nodded to him and we exchanged a quick handshake before he climbed into the cockpit and the chopper took off again. Speaking would have been pointless - the noise produced by the rotors rendered speech impossible.

I walked through the base, exiting out the front entrance. I left the manila folder with the on-site secretary, with instructions for her to run it through the scanner and send it onto my PDA. The last thing I needed was for the delicate file to be ruined out in the field. Besides, I usually preferred the technical option, and electronic trails could be just as easy to follow as paper trails, if you knew how to look.

When I got outside, I saw a young girl sitting on a rock with a Jolteon at her side. Considering the Great Lakes were mostly populated by Water types, it was a pretty safe bet that the girl was my Trainer. I walked over to her to introduce myself.

"Hey there, my name is James Carter and I'll be your Ranger today," I said. "Cool Jolteon. Is that Lotad yours too?"

One of the small Grass-types had appeared next to the girl, and was looking up at her curiously. It was probably a Wild Pokemon, but it never hurt to ask. The last thing I wanted was to look stupid by chasing away a Pokemon that belonged to the girl.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 15 Encounters Remaining
Pokemon Encountered: ??? Lotad(?)

Pokemon Statstics:

Koko (F) - Persian
TM/HM: U-turn, Water Pulse, Icy Wind, Psych Up, Protect, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Flying

Toshiro (M) - Jolteon
TM/HM: Hidden Power Ice, Volt Switch, Shadow Ball, Roar, Thunderbolt, Reflect, Light Screen, Substitute

Fred (M) - Swampert
TM/HM: Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Strength, Stealth Rock, Brick Break, Roar, Avalanche, Substitute, Hidden Power Dark, Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Scald, Sleep Talk, Rest, Stone Edge, Toxic

Item Statistics:

Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x3, Parkball x5, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Borderline Voice Disk (Stunfisk), Uncommon Voice Disk (Barboach), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 09-26-2011, 03:10 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Short post D; That's what I get for posting earlier in the morning.)

TP#2

Toshiro's ears picked up a little before Elena heard the distinct sound of a helicopter's blades getting louder. She didn't know they had those here in the Park. She watched as one got closer though, flying overhead and landing on the roof of the outpost. The windows were too dark and the air was too distorted for her to see who was inside of it, so she just decided to wait.

She heard the chopper take off again, and after a few moments, a Ranger came out of the Outpost doors. He was pretty tall, with a trench over his shirt, cargos, and black boots. His hair was a shade of brown that suggested he was out in the sun a lot. The most noticeable thing about him, though, was the device over his eye. She wasn't sure what it was, but it looked like some sort of hi-tech scanner.

“Hey there, my name is James Carter and I'll be your Ranger today,” he said.

She introduced herself as Elena and mentioned Toshiro as well. The Ranger complimented him, which the Jolteon didn't bat an eye at due to his seriousness. Then James said something about a Lotad, and Elena turned around with a puzzled look on her face.

Sure enough, a small blue Pokémon with a giant leaf on its head was next to the rock she had been sitting on. The Jolteon immediately got between them in his battle stance, raising his hackles and sending a pointed glare toward the Water-type.

“Nope, that's not my Load. I actually have a Ludicolo at home, so I think I wanna try going around it.” Elena did wonder how a wild Pokémon got out here too, since they were supposed to be in the actual Lakes area. Maybe it wanted to check out the Outpost. “Is it still okay to use a doll if it wants to stick around? I did that when I was here last time.”

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 09-27-2011, 03:10 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“Nope, that's not my Load. I actually have a Ludicolo at home, so I think I wanna try going around it.” the girl explained. “Is it still okay to use a doll if it wants to stick around? I did that when I was here last time.”

"Yeah, but it doesn't look interested in battling you anyway," I said, pointing to it. The little Water-type walked slowly across the path on its stubby little legs, taking shelter under the raised platform of the Outpost. The sun was warm, certainly, but I didn't think it was hot, which meant it wasn't. The second the sun got hot, you could hear me whining for miles around.

"Alright, well let's get going," I said, leading my Trainer down the path towards the Lakes. As we walked, my PDA beeped and I pulled it out. The file had been sent through already. That was impressive. Must be a slow day at the office. I opened the file and took a quick look through. The girl's name was Elena, and the Jolteon's name was Toshiro. It seemed hauntingly familiar, but I couldn't quite place my finger on the origin. I shook my head and saw something interesting - this wasn't the girl's first time in the Park. That was good - I wouldn't have to teach her how it all worked.

We crested a hill on the path, and the largest lake was revealed to us in all of its splendour. There was a small shack and some docks at the end of the path, and an old swimming beach off to the side. The path also split in two other directions - the left split traveled around the freshwater lake, and the right fork led towards higher ground, where the waterfalls and stronger Pokemon were. Of course, Elena could also just Surf across the lake. I wasn't fussed - it was her decision as to where to go.

I heard a rapid low-pitched chattering/yapping noise coming from my right, so I looked in that direction. A small blue turtle was walking towards us cautiously on its rear legs, its eyes narrowed. My guess was it wanted to know what we were doing in its territory. The weaker Pokemon often staked out claims on the lower parts of the Lakes - we'd apparently intruded in this Squirtle's domain.

"Do you want to try and battle that Squirtle?" I asked my Trainer.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 13 Encounters Remaining
Pokemon Encountered: ??? Lotad(?); ??? Squirtle(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Koko (F) - Persian

Toshiro (M) - Jolteon

Fred (M) - Swampert

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 09-27-2011, 03:34 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Just in case 6,500 – 500 = 6,000)

TP#3

Luckily, the Lotad didn't want to battle, and it let them go on their way. James led them up a hill on the path, and when they got to the top, it revealed a very large lake complete with a shed and many docks. Elena took a few moments to take it all in, thinking the sight was amazing. The road looked like it split too. One way went lower, around the lake, and the other led higher up still. She could hear rushing water, so maybe there was a waterfall or something over there.

Then, the Ranger was distracted by a noise, and when he turned to look, Elena did too. A Squirtle was walking toward them, a smaller turtle-like Pokémon that walked on two legs. It didn't look too friendly, maybe upset that they had intruded on its space.

“Do you want to try and battle that Squirtle?” he asked, and she shook her head.

“No, thank you. Let's try to get around him, and if not, I'll gladly get a doll to use instead. After that, can we go that way?” She pointed down the path that led around the lake. She definitely wanted to see more of this large body of water. “Oh, and before I forget.”

Elena rummaged through her inner vest pocket as she looked for the device there. Since she didn't often carry a bag, she had to have many pockets for all her gear. The Poképlayer was a bit bigger than some of her other stuff, so it only fit in one of the inner slots that was about the length of her torso. She looked at the Ranger sternly as she pulled a disk out. “Okay, no laughing, and I mean it. I'm looking for this Pokémon for a friend since she doesn't travel much.”

She pulled out her Stunfisk disk and put it in, hitting the play button. Immediately she flinched as the sound came out. She was exactly sure what it was like, but it wasn't anything pleasant. It figured that one of the most derpy Pokémon alive was one of them that Glenne couldn't get by herself.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:52 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“No, thank you. Let's try to get around him, and if not, I'll gladly get a doll to use instead. After that, can we go that way?” Elena asked, pointing towards the left path.

"Sure," I replied. We both moved on down the path, largely ignoring the Squirtle. It growled at us for a little while longer, but it seemed pleased that it didn't need to fight to defend its territory.

"Oh, and before I forget..." my Trainer murmured as she pulled a disk out of her bag and a Pokeplayer out of her vest. The Pokeplayer was one of the old-style ones that were much larger than the up-to-date circular ones that were sold in the Mart.

“Okay, no laughing, and I mean it. I'm looking for this Pokémon for a friend since she doesn't travel much," Elena warned me, with a serious look in her eyes. She inserted the disk into the machine and pressed play. Immediately, a strange short almost-barking call emanated from the device. I wasn't sure how to describe it - the closest I could probably come was "glurp". I didn't recognise the call, so I scanned the machine with my visor. The species name appeared on my screen, and I immediately snorted with laughter. I covered my face with my hand to hide my grin.

"Well, let's move on," I said shakily, trying to control myself. Leo would not be impressed to know that a Trainer was voluntarily seeking out a Stunfisk.

"Are you looking for anything else today?" I asked, trying to change the subject. "Did you bring any other disks?"

We reached the water's edge, and immediately a somewhat-spherical blue Pokemon jumped out of the water and yapped a greeting. It had black and aqua patterns all over its body, including some bulbous protrusions around its head, and its chest was cream-coloured. It had a very derpy smile on its face - close in derpiness to that of a Stunfisk.

"How about a Palpitoad in the meantime?" I suggested.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining
Pokemon Encountered: ??? Lotad(?); ??? Squirtle(?); ??? Palpitoad (?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Koko (F) - Persian

Toshiro (M) - Jolteon

Fred (M) - Swampert

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 10-03-2011, 08:06 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: 8,500 – 500 = 8,000)

TP#4

The Ranger asked her if she had brought any other disks, and she nodded, following it up by saying, “Yeah, Glenne's also looking for a Barboach, since Whiscash is part Ground-Type. I would've brought a third disk, in case those two don't show up, but I figured I can catch just about anything else that shows up since I'm lacking Water-types on my team, besides Fred.”

They traveled close to the lake's edge when a bipedal Water Pokémon jumped out. This one was blue with a cream colored belly, and she recognized the air sacs all over the toad to be the markings of a Palpitoad. James asked her if she wanted to battle it, but she shook her head.

“Seismitoad is a lot like my Swampert, so I think I'll pass, although I think the frogs are really cool. I don't want my team too similar.”

Toshiro had narrowed his eyes at the threat, and she bumped him lightly with her leg to snap him out of his daze. He was very serious about battling, and types that were both Ground and Water pretty much made a lot of his techniques non-effective. It tended to make him nervous that he couldn't really touch them, since that gave him a disadvantage in battle.

“Can we get around it? I'll get a doll if needed.”

Old 10-04-2011, 12:20 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Elena didn't seem too impressed by the Palpitoad, and I couldn't say I blamed her. It was one of the derpiest-looking things I'd ever come across. It just watched us happily but blankly as if it wasn't sure what was going on but didn't really care either.

“Seismitoad is a lot like my Swampert, so I think I'll pass, although I think the frogs are really cool. I don't want my team too similar," she explained.

"Sounds reasonable to me," I agreed.

“Can we get around it? I'll get a doll if needed.” Elena said.

"Sure, but let's just try walking away for now," I suggested.

We tried to leave the frog behind us, but it just hopped after us, smiling that inane smile. Finally, I grunted in frustration and tossed a PokeDoll behind us. The Palpitoad stopped and stared at the doll. I watched it for half a minute and it didn't move a muscle. I shrugged and we turned around, continuing around the lake.

It was only a minute or so until our next Encounter. A small brown beaver waddled out of some reeds and smiled dopily up at us. I was pretty damn sure that Elena wasn't going to want to try to catch this Bidoof.

"God, what is this, the Derp Parade?" I asked no one in particular.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining
Pokemon Encountered: ??? Lotad(?); ??? Squirtle(?); ??? Palpitoad (?); ??? Bidoof(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Koko (F) - Persian

Toshiro (M) - Jolteon

Fred (M) - Swampert

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: lol short 1,250 - 500 = 750)

TP#5

The frog wouldn't leave them alone, so James had to use a doll to get it to stop following them. It wasn't long before another Pokémon came to investigate them, and unfortunately it wasn't what she was looking for.

A small brown beaver waddled out of the reeds it was in, smiling up at them. She recognized the buck teeth, marking it as a Bidoof. They weren't really that rare, and she didn't have a need for one.

“God, what is this, the Derp Parade?” James said, and she couldn't help but grin. She couldn't help what she was going after this time, since she was doing a favor for Glenne.

“Let's just hope it continues for a little bit longer so a Stunfisk shows up,” she said. “I don't need one of these guys though, so I'll pass.”

She was prepared to use a doll if needed, like the last Pokémon. Toshiro huffed beside her, standing solidly against her. “Don't worry,” she told him. “You'll get to battle soon, I promise.” She hoped she wouldn't be made a liar. There had to be something in this Park that would catch their eye though, so she still had hopes.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:11 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“Let's just hope it continues for a little bit longer so a Stunfisk shows up,” she said. “I don't need one of these guys though, so I'll pass.”

The Bidoof continued to smile vapidly at her. Suddenly, without any provocation, it suddenly did a 180 and and walked back towards the lake, eventually disappearing in some reeds. I let out a slight smile - at least Elena didn't have to use a PokeDoll to get rid of it.

Her Jolteon huffed slightly. It was an unhappy noise. Elena noticed it and patted his side gently. "Don't worry, you'll get to battle soon," she reassured the Pokemon.

It dawned on me that this Jolteon had much the same personality as my Gallade. I grinned at the comparison - a battle between the two of them would be interesting. It was almost a pity Dual was back at headquarters. Couldn't say I blamed him - he wasn't a fan of the Lakes. Then again, neither was I.

We moved on, continuing around the lake. The raised hills were getting closer, and with them, the more powerful Pokemon. The quickest way to get there would be across the water. I looked over across the water to judge whether it was safe to travel across when I saw a strange rock just out from the water. It had spikes all around and the bottom tip of it was submerged in the liquid. I moved closer, curious. The rock did not. I tapped it with my foot, and it was strangely solid, but didn't do anything that a rock shouldn't. I shrugged and walked back towards Elena. Just as we started to walk away a low moaning could be heard and I turned back quickly. A large pink Pokemon emerged from the water and looked at us with a vapid expression, like it wasn't sure what was going on.

"Oh hell, the Derp Parade continues," I muttered quietly as my hand went to my head. "Do you want to try capturing a Slowbro?" I asked Elena, much louder.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining, Stunfisk Voice Disk[THREE USED]
Pokemon Encountered: ??? Lotad(?); ??? Squirtle(?); ??? Palpitoad (?); ??? Bidoof(?); ??? Slowbro(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Koko (F) - Persian

Toshiro (M) - Jolteon

Fred (M) - Swampert

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 10-17-2011, 08:44 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Let's go M.)

TP#6

Thankfully, the Bidoof left them alone, turning back to sink into the water without a fuss. She wanted to use as few Pokédolls as possible, since she was always short on funds. She probably even still owed the League...

She shook her head to snap out of that line of thoughts, focusing instead on what was happening on her run. James led them on around the lake, edging along the water. She could see their forms reflected on the surface. Toshiro's strictly professional image was between her and the lake, probably thinking he was going to protect her if anything came out of it. She was really happy he did things like that.

The Jolteon was a fairly new addition to her team, and she wasn't quite sure what to do with him since he was so different from any of her other partners. He was more serious, yet he wasn't mean or disinterested in anything they did. He was fairly protective too, and he worked great with others as long as everyone understood they weren't playing games (unless they were, of course, but then it was competitive). She had worried at first that he would take a long time to adjust being around them, but he was fitting in just fine so far.

She looked ahead to the Ranger, seeing him walking alone. Didn't he have a Pokémon with him too? Toshiro didn't mind being in or out of his ball, though Elena could tell he liked to stretch his legs and observe the surroundings. He was always alert.

“Hey, James, where's your Pokémon?” she asked, curious. Didn't Rangers usually walk around with theirs? She thought she remembered a guy with his Xatu last time she was here on a run to Deckbi.

Soon there was a strange rock sticking out of the water. It was purple-gray, and it had a few spines on it. It was triangular-shaped, but since the rest of it was underwater yet, that wasn't necessarily true. The Ranger checked it out, moving closer and observing carefully. He put his foot out and tapped it, like he expected it to lash out at him, but nothing happened. He shrugged and moved back to the path, intent on going on.

Before they could move though, the rock shifted, and a muffled moaning sound was heard, sort of sounding like it was coming from the water. The pool bubbled next to the rock, and then it fell back, revealing a somewhat dopey-looking, pink Pokémon that was looking at them blankly. Elena caught a pair of eyes on the rock-tail before it disappeared into the water. It scratched at its head and kept that same confused look, and the girl almost laughed.

James muttered something and then asked her, “Do you want to try capturing a Slowbro?”

Toshiro's ears flicked at the prospect of a battle, and Elena thought it over. Slowbro were a powerful Psychic and Water-type Pokémon that was capable of learning many techniques. Other than Fred, she didn't have any other Water-types, and having another one would put less stress on her Swampert, if he could ever be not relaxed anyway. It wouldn't hurt to have another Psychic-type either, as Horus, a Xatu she traveled with, wasn't really hers. Eventually she'd have to give him back to Doc.

The Jolteon looked battle-ready. He was standing between her and the wild Pokémon, ears alert and body tense, ready for instructions. She could even hear the faint crackle of his fur, charing with electricity.

“What do you think, Toshiro?” she asked. He tilted his head back to look at her, and she saw the eagerness in his eyes. “Think we should battle? Slowbro's not going to be a cakewalk, but I know if you want to fight, you'll do great.”

This would be their first big test together if they went for it, and she couldn't say she wasn't a little nervous. She didn't want to mess up and make him think she was an incompetent Trainer, but she had never faced a Pokémon like this before. Park battling was always a little trickier too, due to terrain and stuff. She didn't think Toshiro wanted to do a lot of swimming, so they'd have to work around things like that. Still, if he wanted to battle, she wasn't going to hold him back. It was part of her job as a Trainer to promote growth and encourage her Pokémon to do new things. She'd be a hypocrite if she didn't, since Pokémon gave up so much to be with people.

Toshiro nodded, scuffing the ground with his paws. Elena smiled and nodded to him. “Alright, we're on. Be careful. You don't want to get hung up in the water. He might be slow, but he has a huge advantage there. Let me think for a second and we'll get moving.”

Her eyes took in all of the surroundings, from the calm water to the sandy beach ringing around the Lake and the clear sky above. They had a bit of a type advantage since Electric-types hit Water-types pretty hard, but it wasn't like they could just fire off Thunderbolts at the Slowbro. There were other Pokémon living in that lake, and too much high voltage would hurt the others. That would be irresponsible, since the Park was supposed to be a place they could live in peace.

What they really needed was some way to get him out of the water. Toshiro could probably swim, but not well enough to get Slowbro to chase him out onto land. Elena wasn't sure the pink Pokémon could do anything fast, actually. She made a thinking noise as she racked her brain, her hand idly playing with the glove that covered her left arm. It was too bad there weren't any stepping stones.

Then her eyes brightened up as she thought of what they could do. Her Jolteon was valued pretty highly because of the type of Hidden Power he could manipulate. It was Ice, something very useful against things like Dragons. Many people wanted one, searching all over and spending quite a bit traveling and whatnot, but they weren't easy to come by. Elena wasn't fussed. She'd like Toshiro no matter what type of Hidden Power he had. They were just lucky, she supposed. That ice was about to come in handy.

“Okay, Toshiro, we can't let loose with your electric attacks until we can get Slowbro out of the water. We don't wanna hurt any of the other Pokémon hanging around. Run out onto the water and get close. You should be able to use your Hidden Power to make platforms to stand on. Hopefully you'll be too fast for him, and you can get a powerful Double Kick in. Try to keep the pads of your feet on the ice to you don't fall off. If you do, that's okay, just get back to shore and we'll try something else.”

She didn't want him to reach from the sand since it was too far for him to kick, and he'd sink into the ground a bit. The ice wasn't much better since it would be slippery, but at least he wouldn't get that suction effect if water filled up the gaps in the sand to try and keep his feet there. She'd rather have him slipping around and in motion. At least he'd be harder to hit.

If all went well, Toshiro would be able to manipulate the water and freeze it, giving him those platforms they needed for him to stand on. Double Kick wasn't his strongest attack, or even one he particularly excelled at, but he could probably get enough force behind the two kicks to move Slowbro out onto the shore. He'd probably be a little heavy, but nothing too major. Since he was pretty close to the sand already, they had a good chance. It was a start at least. They'd have to wait and see what he did after that.

“Alright, Toshiro, you got this!”

Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“What do you think, Toshiro? Think we should battle?" Elena asked the Jolteon at her side. "Slowbro's not going to be a cakewalk, but I know if you want to fight, you'll do great.”

The Jolteon looked daggers at the Slowbro and nodded, digging insistently at the ground with his paws. I could hear the slight crackle of electricity as it began to whizz around in his fur. His answer to Elena's question was pretty obvious, even to me. Elena smiled.

“Alright, we're on. Be careful. You don't want to get hung up in the water. He might be slow, but he has a huge advantage there. Let me think for a second and we'll get moving.”

I stifled a sigh. Apparently, Elena was the type to battle carefully and watch everything, leaving nothing out of her calculations. It was a great battle style, but it wasn't particularly interesting to watch.

After a couple of minutes, Elena called out her orders. “Okay, Toshiro, we can't let loose with your electric attacks until we can get Slowbro out of the water. We don't wanna hurt any of the other Pokémon hanging around. Run out onto the water and get close. You should be able to use your Hidden Power to make platforms to stand on. Hopefully you'll be too fast for him, and you can get a powerful Double Kick in. Try to keep the pads of your feet on the ice to you don't fall off. If you do, that's okay, just get back to shore and we'll try something else.”

It was pretty clear that Elena was a Park veteran - if she'd commanded any strong electrical attacks into the lake there was a chance of her hurting the wildlife and perhaps being escorted out. She was playing it safe, which was good.

Toshiro ran out towards the lake, and jumped into the air. The Slowbro watched with a dopey look on its face, even more vapid than usual, if that was possible. As the Jolteon fell towards the water, it swelled up beneath him and froze over, creating a platform. It was wondrous to behold. The Electric type landed on the ice slab and jumped again, maintaining his momentum. A second platform rose up, and then a third. On his fourth jump, he extended his rear legs and kicked the Slowbro solidly, pushing it towards the shore. The Psychic-type stumbled forwards and fell onto its face perhaps a couple metres from the shore. Toshiro landed back on his ice platform and started making his way back to shore while the Slowbro recovered, making ice platforms and jumping off of them.

Unfortunately, the Slowbro recovered too fast. The Psychic-type concentrated on Toshiro just as he was jumping into the air. At the very zenith of his arc, the Jolteon suddenly yelped. I waited for the ice to swell up beneath him, but nothing happened. The Electric-type plunged into the water and immediately began flailing around, sending sprays of water everywhere. While Jolteon could swim, by the looks of it this one in particular didn't have much practice.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Male Slowbro: 92%, SDEF+2 (used Amnesia, Disable)

Serious Male Jolteon: 100%, DISABLE(Hidden Power) (used Hidden Power, Double Kick)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Lotad(?); ??? Squirtle(?); ??? Palpitoad (?); ??? Bidoof(?); ??? Slowbro(M)

Pokemon Statistics:

Koko (F) - Persian

Toshiro (M) - Jolteon - ACTIVE

Fred (M) - Swampert

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 10-27-2011, 08:04 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: You didn't count my MCR ;-;)

TP#7

Toshiro immediately did as she asked, charging off into the water without a fear. He planted his feet and leaped through the air in an arc, and just when she thought he would plunge into the lake, the water froze beneath his feet and caught him on a platform floating on the surface. They continued to pop up as he ran, and Elena was proud. He didn't hesitate to follow her commands, and for being new, that was incredible.

That probably had something to do with how serious she was taking the battle. The Jolteon took most things rather serious, and as long as she stayed focused, he usually did too. She would have to keep that in mind the entire time he was in play. She couldn't afford to get distracted if that was going to upset him. He might make errors then and get hurt. She wanted to avoid that if she could.

The slow pink Pokémon seemed to watch her Jolteon get closer, but he didn't do anything about it. Elena didn't know how fast a Slowbro's brain even processed things. Maybe he just hadn't realized he was going to get attacked yet. She did see the look on his face turn to one of even more puzzlement though, like he suddenly forgot what he was doing. Then she grimaced a little as she realized he had probably used Amnesia.

It was an interesting move, allowing a Pokémon to temporarily forget certain things. The most important one was their reaction to pain. It made them a little more oblivious to it, making it much harder to actually inflict damage and wear them down, especially on the special side. They'd have to be careful working around that. Since Toshiro was mainly a special attacker, they were probably going to have to get creative.

Sometimes she wished she could just forget things like that, although no record of a human being able to learn that Pokémon move had ever been recorded. She had seen some high-profile stuff too, running from science experiments gone wrong to intense studies and theories that were under lock down half the time so nobody else stole them. It was all part of her life in the Silver League she wished she could let go of.

Even though the main part of that life cycle was far behind her, it still made her a bit nervous to be int the Park. She knew people that had walked into places like this and just stolen whatever they wanted. She wasn't like that anymore, but she still felt like someone was going to jump up behind her and blow the whistle. Living alone wasn't easy when you were young, and even though she had to do what she had to do to get funds enough to function, she still felt awful about some of her past actions.

It was a good thing she had decided to correct those wrongs. If she hadn't turned her back on them that time in Goldenrod, she'd probably still be trapped in their clutches doing their dirty work. She still owed them money for the loan she had to take out, but she was going to find her own way to pay it back, one that didn't involve stealing or swindling people.

Thats why being in the Park, despite the nervous feelings, made her feel good too. She was doing things the right way. She hadn't been completely warped by them, and she would prove it. The first person she had to prove it to was herself though, which is why she worked so hard to counter both the Leagues when she could. She didn't have much experience with the Gold League, but Glenne and Damian did. If they all pooled their resources, they would be strong enough to beat all of them.

The first step to that was raising powerful Pokémon to help them. It was hard to protect anything if you didn't have the resources to do it. Pokémon were a Trainer's first and last defense, their partners, and their life. The road was never easy, but then again, nothing ever worth doing is too easy.

She came back into the battle as Toshiro planted his feet and whirled on the Slowbro, sending his legs kicking into the Psychic-type. Elena cheered a bit as he more or less moved the way she wanted him too; rolling closer to the shoreline. Slowbro did a face plant into the water, which made her laugh a little, though her eyes didn't leave the battle.

Her Jolteon headed back for shore after that, taking the chance to get away while the Psychic was occupied with righting himself. It wasn't enough time though, as the Water Pokémon recovered fast enough to send something Toshiro's way.

He was leaping to his next ice platform when he suddenly yelped. The ice below him suddenly vanished, sending the yellow fox into the water. It must've been a Disable, judging from the lack of physical attack. That meant no more going out onto the water, since her Jolteon wouldn't be able to manipulate the ice for a while. As an attack it wouldn't have been too useful anyway.

Toshiro flailed, splashing everything around him as he tried to stay afloat. Elena didn't know how much previous swimming experience he had before coming to stay with her, but it didn't look like it was that much.

“Toshiro, focus!” she called, a little sharply, so she could get his attention over the water. She wasn't cruel to her Pokémon, but in the weeks that they had been allowed to train before coming here, she found that due to his nature, he responded a bit better to the strict tones when he was under a lot of stress. It demonstrated their seriousness. “Relax your body and float! Then you can dog-paddle back to shore. Don't worry about the Slowbro; just get back up here.”

At first, she wasn't sure he was going to listen, strict-sounding or not. Her words got through to him eventually though, and she watched as he started calming. The flailing stopped, and when he wasn't thrashing about, he found that his lighter body easily floated on the surface of the water. He was sunk up to his head, but he wasn't going any deeper than that. Slowly, he started to paddle, and once he got the hang of it, he sped up to get to shore.

The Jolteon stepped out of the water with a sort of quiet pride, shaking himself off as water sprayed everywhere. His spiky fur stuck up at even stranger angles. He sent the pink Pokémon an icy glare as he circled the beach twice to make sure he was staying put, and then he came up to her, awaiting the next command.

Elena nodded to him as he looked up at her. “Great work,” she said with a small smile, getting rid of that stricter tone she had used before. “Just like you were born to do it. Now that Slowbro's closer, we'll be able to do more. I'd really like him up on shore completely though,” she said, trailing off as she looked at the water. A weaker electric attack wouldn't probably be okay from this shallow depth, but she wasn't completely sure.

Furthermore, now Toshiro was wet. He had the ability to absorb electric attacks, but being wet made him a better conductor. It might mess with his ability, and then his own attacks would hurt him. Some things had a tendency to do that, like how steel attacks near the ground sometimes made Pokémon immune to electric attacks. She couldn't let that happen.

“Okay, Toshiro, you need to get dry. Run around using your Agility and try to get most of the water out. Then, try to circle around Slowbro.” Elena saw his hesitance as he looked back out into the water. “None of that. It'll be okay. The water isn't very deep over there, and being fast will make you skake over it easier. Use your Thunder Fang from behind if you can. Maybe the shock will scoot him up on shore further. Then get back up here, away from the water. You know how to get out if you get knocked back in, so if that happens, don't panic, alright?”

The Jolteon nodded to her and set off at blinding speed. She hoped it would work. There was a chance that being wet wouldn't do anything to him, but she thought using a physical attack was smarter for the time being. At least most of the electricity would be centered in his mouth instead of his whole body. It would also play to Slowbro's current weaker side.

Elena's hands clenched and unclenched as she watched.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:16 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“Toshiro, focus! Relax your body and float!" Elena snapped, sending her voice cracking across the waves. "Then you can dog-paddle back to shore. Don't worry about the Slowbro; just get back up here.”

The Jolteon stopped flailing around, and managed to do as he told. It wasn't long before he was powering along towards the shore - Toshiro wouldn't have won any races, but he was managing far better than I thought he would. When he reached solid land he barked at the Slowbro a couple times and ran up and down the beach, warning the Slowbro to not make any sudden moves. He then padded over to Elena, clearly proud of himself.

Despite herself, Elena smiled. “Great work, just like you were born to do it. Now that Slowbro's closer, we'll be able to do more. I'd really like him up on shore completely though," she mused, trailing off. Elena was silent for a couple seconds, and then she spoke up again. “Okay, Toshiro, you need to get dry. Run around using your Agility and try to get most of the water out. Then, try to circle around Slowbro.”

Toshiro looked unhappily out at the water - it didn't take a Psychic Pokemon to realise that he really didn't relish the thought of going back there.

“None of that," Elena admonished. "It'll be okay. The water isn't very deep over there, and being fast will make you skate over it easier. Use your Thunder Fang from behind if you can. Maybe the shock will scoot him up on shore further. Then get back up here, away from the water. You know how to get out if you get knocked back in, so if that happens, don't panic, alright?”

The Electric-type nodded to her and blurred off along the beach, running in long winding S-trails to try and dry his fur out. After a few laps of the beach he tore into the water. It wasn't quite running on the surface of the lake, but it was close. Hell, it was the engine of a motor boat broke loose. The Jolteon sped in a wide circle around the Slowbro, small sparks of electricity falling out of his mouth as he did so. He bared his teeth, which were enlarged and growing bright blue, as he jumped into the air. I wondered why he had done this, but I realised he didn't want to bite the mutated Shellder on the Slowbro's rear. The Thunder Fang dragged backwards, coating Toshiro completely, turning him into an electrical missile. He crashed into the back of the Slowbro's neck before slipping past and crashing into the water.

Toshiro splashed around for a couple seconds again before getting his feet underneath him, trying to swim back to shore. When he'd made it half-way, the Slowbro moaned in pain. The water of the lake began swelling up beneath the Psychic-type, and poor Toshiro was sucked backwards. The Slowbro moaned again, and the wave it was riding began to move forwards. The Wild Pokemon rode the wave straight over the Jolteon, and then the wave crashed on the beach, sending water and foam flying everywhere, obscuring my vision. When I could see again, the Slowbro was standing silently on the beach opposite Elena, watching the water drain back into the lake. Toshiro was also up on land, a bit bedraggled and coughing up some water but no worse for wear. He growled at the Slowbro and moved inbetween the wild Pokemon and Elena, protecting his Trainer from whatever the Water-type was planning.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Male Slowbro: 69%, SDEF+2 (used Surf)

Serious Male Jolteon: 89%, DISABLE(Hidden Power) (used Agility, Thunder Fang)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Lotad(?); ??? Squirtle(?); ??? Palpitoad (?); ??? Bidoof(?); ??? Slowbro(M)
CC since last Encounter: 15251 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Koko (F) - Persian

Toshiro (M) - Jolteon - ACTIVE

Fred (M) - Swampert

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 10-31-2011 at 10:50 PM.