(1) Single Battle, 3 Pokémon each.
(2) DQ: One Week
(3) Damage Caps: None
(4) Restrictions: - No direct recovery moves. - No OHKOs. This includes Perish Song and Destiny Bond.
(5) Arena: Moonlit Tower
A large, round colusseum atop a tall tower made of sculpted marble. To enhance the drama, battles are held at night with the full moon shining brightly overhead. A fairly large crowd tends to attend the battles held here.
(6) Ref Style: Open
(1) – This specifies what kind of battle it will be, and how many Pokémon each player will get. Single Battle, 2 Pokémon each is the standard, however options include Double, Triple, Multi, and Rotation.
(2) – This specifies how long a trainer has to post their commands after the referee has posted (if that trainer is to send first), or how long a trainer has to post their commands after their opponent has posted theirs (if that trainer is to send second). The standard DQ length is 3 days. We all have bad days, and might not have time to post our orders, so having a DQ of 24 hours is very uncommon. We also like to keep things moving, so having a DQ of 7 days is a bit excessive and would cause the battle to drag on forever. Try and find a happy medium that suits both battlers.
(3) – This specifies how much damage, at most, can be done to a Pokemon in one round. Using these helps to protect weaker and more naďve members from killer strategies from very experienced members, and also means that you won’t automatically lose from one bad round. Don’t set it too low, though, or the match will be very boring and very long.
(4) – This specifies what restrictions there are on the battlers and their Pokemon. These can be whatever the battlers want, really. A maximum of three chills, no OHKOs, and no Perish Song/Destiny Bond are some pretty standard ones.
(5) - This specifies what arena the members will be battling on. This is perhaps one of the most important aspects of a challenge, as the terrain can have a big impact on the battle. Make sure to be specific when describing your arena, and try to use it to your advantage during the match.
(6) - This specifies what kind of reffing type you'll be using.
OPEN - Any ref can ref your round, at any time.
CLOSED - One ref is in charge of your battle. Only that ref can ref rounds for that battle. The number of days is how long a ref not can post before another ref is welcome to take over your battle. One week is standard.
SJ, you may want to skim the spoiler so that you can do this yourself next time. c;
Go, lame Hunger Games reference Haymitch Abernathy!
[Haymitch Abernathy] Anorith (M)
Ability: Battle Armor
Sig Move: None
(Now, SJ, you send out your Pokemon and post what you want them to do. You are limited to two moves/dodges/whatevers per round. Also, you can use any move that appears on your Pokemon's Veekun page.)
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.
Wow... The moon look beautiful tonight. It shone its quiet white glow all around the battle stadium, reflecting off the carefully carved marble. But, he shouldn't be staring at the moon, he had a battle to focus on. Dino nodded at the trainers that stood on opposite sides of the stadium. On one side a ancient bug pokemon was released; On the other, a small blue fighter. This would be a good battle. Kyle waved his flags, signifying the start of the battle.
Anorith started. It stared up at the moon. The light seemed to change upon him. His outer shell was changing; the light bounced off of it like it was a shiny and bright metal. Anorith gave a small cry of delight. He was now strengthened and felt that no one could ever hurt him.
Riolu was determined to still attack strong at the pokemon with boosted defense. Assuming a stable stance, it brought its hand together. They soon began to separate as a ball of white energy began to form in-between them. When it was as large as Pup's paw, he removed his stance taking the energy into one hand. He suddenly darted forward, till he was next to Abernathy. The energy fired from his hand like a beam, knocking the bug pokemon back with it's force.
Anorith still seemed like it couldn't be bothered. He didn't attack, just followed the same ritual it had before. It's outer coat began to shine brighter, as the metal was strengthened and condensed. Anorith was protected, but the weight would be to much if he tried to boost his defense more.
Riolu stood in a balanced stance again. After concentration for 5 seconds, it pounded the ground with it's small, yet powerful fist. Suddenly the marble cracked and stones shot up from the ground surrounding... nothing. Riolu had missed its mark and had not trapped Anorith.
Anorith began an ancient dance. Crossing his appendages together, he danced about like they were two sharp dangerous blades. He spun one final time and crossed then across each other, creating a loud scraping sound. This ancient dance blessed him with more strength and power.
Riolu stood... That's it. It was waiting for an attack to counter but none came.
[Counter; Riolu: -1 Energy. | Anorith: Failed.]
Anorith took his two sharp blades and slammed them into the marble earth below him. Suddenly a tall rock structure collapsed the crumbling stones tumbling down onto the riolu's side. Riolu tried to dodge them, but in the end was hit by the many falling stones.
Riolu however did not appear back from the rocks... Where was he? Everyone was straining to see inside the pile of rocks to find the riolu. That is why no one expected his surprise attack. Suddenly the ground erupted below Anorith, blasting him was rock and a surprise attack from Riolu.