Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:22 AM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts: Unwritten [RP]

This post has been deleted by the author for obvious reasons. We are sorry for the inconvinience.

Edit: Lemme try this again.

Norland Black
Light
Library

I scanned the various books, trying to figure out which one was the one I was looking for. I was supposed to head out on a mission, but for some odd reason I couldn't find the book. I continued scanning, but no clue. This was getting annoying. I decided to go ask one of the Elders if they knew what in the heck was going on. As I walked through the halls, I could see through the windows that the recruits were doing some training near the Tree of Blessings.

I glanced down at the keychain in my hand. As always, the fact it was a reaper staff disturbed me. Reaper's Edge has always been my favored keyblade, but something about it didn't seem quite right. The fact that it could take the darkness out of a Heartless to fuel its own abilities was definitely not helping. Ah well. Interestingly enough, the Heartless seem to be getting closer to Everlastia. Maybe we should evacuate...

Last edited by UltimateBrawl; 10-27-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

(OOC: That's a little better, UltimateBrawl, but see if you can fill up your future posts a little more. There's a lot going on right now--including lunch and the thing with the tree--plus I suspect that soon people will be forbidden to go from world to world right now, so we might see some Librarians refusing to let people check out world books. Also, there will be a trial held in the Court of Elders in the Grand Hall soon, and the Masters of the Guild are invited ^^)

Vanessa Garrick
Dark, Master
Everlastia, Dungeon Cell (Beneath the Elder’s Tower)

A vicious smile wormed its way onto her porcelain face, twisting its natural beauty into something both unnatural and enchanting. She had her back turned to the wall, away from the door that separated her from the rest of the Keyblade Guild. On either side, guards stood stoically. All were Masters of notable rank, some that Vanessa had known years ago, but all did their best to ignore or avoid her attentions.

Vanessa knew, however, that they were greatly intimidated by her.

She happily kept this knowledge to herself as she tried to find a way to occupy herself. Quickly after that blasted Drysten had brought them back to Everlastia, the Elders saw fit to imprison the female Master in this dreary prison cell beneath their Tower. Here, she had remained, and would stay until some “emergency meeting” was called forth. Unwittingly, however, the Elders had sentenced her to an hour of complete boredom.

Truthfully, Vanessa was entirely capable of escaping. She wouldn’t even need to bat an eye to use her Dark powers to create a path out of these dingy accommodations. Yet she wasn’t quite done with her work here. Not yet. Besides, why would she miss out on an opportunity to greet her old teacher?

Heaving a sigh, Vanessa sat down on the miserably cold floor and folded her legs in front of her. Time probably would have gone by faster if she had some way to occupy herself. Too bad her guards weren’t interesting enough to talk to. Tight-lipped ninnies. Oh well; perhaps she could accomplish something while stuck in there. Leaning back while supporting herself with one arm, the raven-haired woman traced a finger along the dirt in the floor.

The guards fidgeted behind her, wary of some new sorcery. She heard one hesitantly approach, peering over her shoulder cautiously. Grinning to herself, she pretended to be as ignorant as they were, continuing her harmless drawing. Minutes passed, and the guards seemed satisfied that nothing significant was happening. The man returned to his post, back to ignoring her as best as he could.

Fools, she rolled her eyes. Trusting that she wouldn’t attract their attention know, she put more effort into her work—and instead of drawing a measly picture of a Shadow Heartless, she began scrawling a message in the dirt. With every stroke, she began pouring energy into the message. The streaks she left soon filled with smoldering lines of darkness. Her back kept the act hidden from the guards’ view. Finally, finishing the message, she swept her hand across it. In an instant, the writing was erased, but the shadows she had created pooled together. Then, slithering like a snake, the line of darkness crossed the room towards the corner of the room.

“What the…? What was that?”

Vanessa turned to see the guards jump into defensive stances. One fixed an especially unpleasant glare in her direction and demanded, “What did you do?”

Unfazed by their display, Vanessa calmly stood, her face the very expression of innocence. “What are you talking about?” she raised her hands in a baffled manner. Yet a sly grin crossed her face as suddenly her hand flickered with dark flames, which she slowly waved before them. “I didn’t see anything.”

Their eyes immediately glazed over, and their frames slumped. The one who had spoken last mumbled, “No… I guess we didn’t see anything either.”

The other seemed to struggle for a moment against Vanessa’s persuasion, “But… you were up to something…”

“Me? I was just drawing in the dirt. You saw so for yourself…”

“Yeah… I… suppose I did…”

Vanessa chuckled softly to herself, releasing the magic of her spell. The darkness flickering in her hand was immediately snuffed out, and the men swayed unsteadily on their feet. Yet as soon as they came to themselves, they returned again to their stoic silence without any trace of their earlier suspicion.

Well, I guess it’s back to this boredom, the Dark beauty sighed to herself. But at least I got my message out. I hope that Chase gets it soon, before I get too bored.

Rush Peterson
Light, Recruit
Everlastia, Mess Hall

"Embry Smith...?” the angel-girl, Ailith, considered Rush’s question. She chewed on a piece of pocky, which served to remind Rush how hungry he was. “Name sounds faintly familiar, but I don't know her personally."

“Same for us,” the other girl in the trio added, though she seemed to be a bit distracted with trying to calm the white-haired kid.

Rush slowly nodded with an understanding frown. He didn’t think that they would know her, but it didn’t hurt to ask.

“I haven’t seen her.” Iolanthe joined in with their comments, though added lightly, “but I don’t know her, I’m not the best to go off of.”

Rush smiled at her and the others, trying to hide his disappointment—not at them, but at the fact that he still didn’t know where his friend was. “Oh,” he replied. “Well… that’s alright.”

Though he wasn’t sure if it was. Shouldn’t Embry be back by now? Well, maybe Celeste would know, if he ran into her later on. She was usually busy in the Healer’s Wing, being a doctor’s Apprentice and all, but she seemed to usually know what was going on in the Guild.

He turned back towards the line, which was slowly—but surely—making its way into the Mess Hall. His thoughts, in turn, drifted to Celeste. A while back, the three of them were real good friends: He, Embry, and Celeste. When they were all recruits, it had been like it was just the three of them against the world. Together, they had pulled through the stresses of classes and training, supporting each other when they needed it, laughing when everything felt so overwhelming. Yet it had all changed when Celeste, then Embry, had gained their Apprenticeships.

Celeste became busier than ever, and Rush began to see less and less of her. She had made new friends among the other Apprentices soon, too, and she seemed to mature faster as well. In the rare cases that Rush ever got to hang out with her, she acted more like an older sister than a good friend. Still, that was to be expected. She wasn’t the first friend Rush had gained who became like that, granted his many years stuck as a Recruit.

But Embry… she had been different. Though Master Vanessa had chosen her as an Apprentice, Embry was never really as occupied as Celeste. In fact, the two hardly did anything together, or so it seemed from his point of view. But how could he complain, since it left her plenty of time to hang out with him.

“Outta the way, wimp!” Rush heard those words moments before someone from behind him pulled his hat over his eyes. The blonde-haired boy hardly had time to react before he was abruptly pushed forward. Sniggering broke out as Rush quickly caught himself. Even before he repositioned his hat, he knew who he would be facing: Traynor, a regular hotheaded thug and his ruthless gang.

Yet another thing that hadn’t changed much from his old world: bullies.

Traynor in particular seemed to have no pity for Rush. In fact, he found it rather pathetic that the boy had been stuck as a Recruit for so long. And he took pleasure in ridiculing the lad because of that fact. Rush wasn’t sure what kind of a world he came from, but the thickly-built seventeen-year-old was obsessed with physical strength, and there were very few that could outmatch him (without the aid of magic). Traynor, of course, often gloated about his feats, which only served to pump him so full of swagger and testosterone that there was hardly room for anything else.

Disregarding everyone else in line, Trayner and his four goons deliberately cut their way towards the front. Rush, as well as countless others, glared loathingly at them, but not many dared to object.

Until one of Trayner’s buddies had the nerve to spy Kumori and say mockingly, “Hey, big guy, what’s the matter? Forgot your blankie?”

(OOC: And thus I evoke the wrath of Winter’s Charries… Oh this will be fun >:3
Heheh, Trayner... I sense a pun/play-on-words xD)

Celeste Piper
Light, Apprentice
Everlastia, Healer’s Wing

The longer Elder Theron hung around, the more Celeste’s suspicions accelerated. As much as she wondered why he was here, she wished that he would leave. He didn’t belong here, and Celeste most certainly didn’t want him to have anything to do with her friend. Yes, she supposed that the Elders should know what’s going on in the Guild, but still, a simple message usually sufficed. Why would this Theron guy come and visit Embry personally?

"Obviously this condition is nothing inflicted by regular wounds or spells," Doctor Caesura spoke up, gently resting Embry’s arm across her stomach. Celeste tore her accusing eyes from Theron a moment to observe the blonde-haired healer curiously. He hadn’t expressed any kind of surprise, which made her wonder; but then again, maybe he was engrossed in the problem before them.

"I fear this may go deeper than we suspect. . .” he continued. “ Would you mind, Siros, if I tried some tests on her?"

Siros slowly took his eyes off the Elder and replied, “…Yes… Do whatever you see fit, Doctor. I trust that you might be able to see something that I haven’t. I hope.”

What is he going to do? Celeste wondered, moving to get a closer look.

____
(OOC: This part is a faaaaaaaillll for me Dx)

Old 11-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Ailith Lior, Kokoro Maimi, and Kumori
Light, Apprentices
Everlastia, Guild Courtyard-> Mess Hall

"Hey, what's your problem?!" Kokoro demanded as the jerk who pulled Rush's hat down walked away, and didn't look back.

"He's a jerk, Kokoro. Every world has them." Ailith spoke loudly and pointedly. If the guy was going to pick on someone, she'd give the jerk a surprise pretty fast. She wasn't human to begin with--as an Angel, she was more durable and stronger than most humans, but her training as part of the Guard made her even more dangerous--particularly with hand-to-hand and a bow. The pocky-eating girl with the small pair of delicate white wings was a lot more dangerous than her appearance let on, and that was often what got her opponents handed an easy defeat. Both girls had fixed their attention on Trayner, but their heads snapped around at the crack at Kumori.

In his unstable state, Kumori could feel the darkness edging closer and closer to the surface, it was only a matter of time before it broke free even with all of Kokoro and Ailith's efforts. The comment broke his hold over it, and Kumori gave a soft whimper and clutched Kokoro's arm tightly before his face twisted into an expression of pure hate and sadism and he let go of Kokoro's arm entirely, stepping towards the bully who had made the remark. "No, but I'll make you wish you'd brought yours so you could cling to it while you scream for your mommy when I--" The sharply hissed comment was broken off as Kokoro jumped forward and grabbed her friend's arm with both hands and dug her heels into the floor.

"Kumori," She half-shouted, half-gasped, "snap OUT of it!" Ailith dove between the pair and the bully, immediately what was going on.

"I'd get out of here now before he breaks her grip and tears you to pieces. There won't be anything we, or probably any of the Masters, could do about it." She warned darkly, maybe she was exaggerating a bit, but if it got the guy out of here before Kumori hurt either of them to get to the bully, then so be it.

The bully laughed in her face. "Him? Ha! Yeah, right! What are you going to do about it, miss fairy princess?" He asked--wrong answer. Ailith grinned wickedly around her half-eaten piece of pocky and took a moment to finish the rest of it before speaking again.

"Heh, fairy princess? Nice try, but my wings are feathered, not buglike or naturelike at all; I'm an Angel. Second, this Angel is going to make you take back the blanket comment and the fairy princess joke, then send you off the the trash can to go look for your dignity. You can back down now, or I simply blow your tough guy reputation to to the demon plane." She brushed herself off lightly with her gloved hands as she spoke, as it trying to clear away dust on her skirt and armor, appearing almost disinterested.

"Oh? You think you can take me on? I'm not responsible if you get hurt, girly." Some of his conpanions who had seem what was going on began to hoot and laugh at the remark. Ailith just looked back to him and smiled.

"Oh? Then I guess I'm not responsible when you get hurt, little boy." She said, never deviating from a tone beyond pleasant politeness, but looking completely viscious nonetheless.

Meanwhile, Kokoro had drawn Kumori's attention to her with her display of trying to hold him back. "Let me go, girl." He spat at her without bothering to turn around. Kokoro tugged backward on his arm insistently.

"No. I will not, snap out of it, Kumori!" She ordered boldy, for once she had stood up to the darkness rather than backing down and trying to pull Kumori out of it gently. This situation could quickly turn bad if he didn't become himself again soon.

Without warning, Kumori spun on his heel, raising his arm as though he planned on slapping her as hard as he possibly could. Kokoro cringed and braced herself for the impact, something that never came. When she realized he had frozen, Kokoro eased, only to find Kumori's hand just milimeters from her face and a tormented expression on his own. His eyes were wide and held an expression of fear in them as he looked at her, his hand trembled, but remained frozen where it was, barely prevented from contacting her cheek. "Kokoro, I..." The frail whisper was barely there, but she caught it. Gently, the girl took hold of his hand and pulled it down to fall at his side.

"It's okay. You didn't hurt me, just gave me a little scare." She told him, as though the fact he had nearly slapped her meant nothing. In fact, to Kokoro it really did not mean much--he hadn't hurt her or anyone else and had regained himself quickly. That it itself was a relief compared to what he could do and had done before, tearing apart anything near him, trying to fight Xin and actually giving their Master a tough time... Either he was getting better at controlling himself, or they had been incredibly lucky.

OOC: Out of time, and it gives people room to react, jump in, try to diffuse the situation, etc... Ailith is seriously ready to beat down some bullies, though.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

The Spark
Spell cast by Kian Locke
Healer's Wing

The small, yet incredibly agile spark fluttered through the bright sunlight that beat down upon the grounds. This allowed for the small light-like creature to be almost invisible - a rather helpful advantage for its objective to spy. It jumped in the air, approaching the Healer's Wing, Elder Theron just ahead.

The spark stuck to Theron like blu-tac on a wall - never letting him out of its line of sight for a moment. It shuddered with excitement and anticipation - not wanting to let down its master in the slightest. Creeping round a door in order to follow suit, it came to a room in which two patients were being treated upon. Quickly, the spark darted into the nearby light bulb - drawing it's energy in order to manipulate the light and to get a better observation of the scene. It stayed there - impersonating the light and drawing in all information that was provided by all that spoke.

Kian Locke
Light, Ex-Apprentice
Mess Hall

Kian had happily strolled into the line to enter the Mess Hall - pleased with himself that his spell would bring him back information he deemed important. Whatever he would gain from the scene with the tree could be able to help him with his recent work - combining both the Light and the Darkness together to create a source of immense power. However, he wasn't looking for the power, because he found it rather useless. In fact, all he wanted was recognition for his abilities and to be deemed as a member of the Guild's community - something the Elders had looked rather distasteful on in the past.

Standing in the line, he began to flick through various pages in his spell-book, trying to pass the time. In front of him were a group of people talking about something or other, only being able to pick up the words "Embry Smith" from their conversation. Kian considered it a name, one he was afraid he did not know. But, then again, there were a lot of people Kian didn't know - he wasn't very sociable.

"Outta the way, wimp!" he heard, glancing up to see a rather well-built boy pull the hat down on another. This soon developed into a full blown argument - the female and the boy, who Kian now began to referring as a "bully" in his thoughts, getting violent with each passing moment. During their spat, Kian had noticed something incredible: the female had wings like that of an Angel! He was amazed, shocked and utterly dumb-founded. They were something so rare for him to have seen - although they may have been rather common on the world in which the girl had come from.

Kian snapped out of his trance on the wings as soon as he saw the bully raise his fist. Quickly, he flicked his wrist up - his palm facing in the bully's direction. From the sleeve of Kian's cloak, a strand of purple ribbon shot out and slapped itself around the boy's fist. The impact made his arm flinch backwards, and he looked at Kian, the 'attacker', with a mixture of surprise and shock. Then just before he was about to open his mouth and spit out something rather vulgar, Kian repeated his earlier movement - this time the ribbon slapped itself onto his mouth. The bully raised his hands to try and rip off the ribbon, but Kian did another flick of his wrist, a rather longer piece shooting out from within his cloak sleeve this time, and the whole piece began to wrap itself around the bully's body. Kian bent his forefinger and the boy toppled over, his body rolling away from the line, his friends in tow - ready to break him free from his purple ribbon prison. Kian smiled triumphantly, remembering how his first days within the Guild had been tormented by that of bully's. This act he had done would either have two effects:- The bully would begin to drop in self-confidence after he had been beaten physically by ribbons, or he would be back later to tear Kian apart. If the latter were to happen, he would have magic on his side to prevent any permanent damage. Besides, Kian had only done this to prevent anymore violence - in his eyes, it was not a necessary thing to create.

Casually, as if nothing had ever happened, Kian had buried himself back into his spell-book, familiarising himself with the ribbon spell he had just used. In the past, Kian had practised this spell so many times that all he had to do now was to flick his wrist (with the concentration of his magical aura of course, or nothing would happen) to activate it. This had been during his time with his former master, who had tried so many times to make Kian transform it into a more darker, deadlier spell.

((So yeah, Kian decided enough was enough xD. Oh yeah - if the Healer's Wing is equipped with torches (you know, with teh fire) instead of lightbulbs, pretend that's what I mean and I'll edit it when I get the chance xD))

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.

Last edited by Sealboy; 11-03-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Ione (Iolanthe)
Apprentice, Light
Mess Hall, Everlastia

“Oh,” A slight pause, “well… that’s alright.” ” Rush had replied, hints of disappointment present in his voice. However, the grin on his face would indicate otherwise, and this, Ione returned. She quite enjoyed the positive acknowledgement, something that was all too rarely given to her. Wyn was about the only one that really seemed pleased with the girl’s work, but even then, it wasn’t like this. There seemed to be some sort of invisible barrier between the Master and his student, one that she’d picked up some time ago. Yet, once it was detected, realisation hit, Ione wasn’t able to recall it having been any other way. She was incapable of remembering any event that may have caused it, but actual memories were starting to fail her. Ever since that blast of light hit, nobody really knew what was happening. That, however, wasn’t new to Iolanthe, nobody really understood her. Darkness…

It was then that she finally ceased her pessimistic spiral, pulling her gaze from the ground back to the line. Things hadn’t shifted too much, although some progress had been made. Unlike the others, however, who seemed to be getting increasingly annoyed, Ione was actually starting to enjoy this. It was nice to be with people that… treated her like a normal human being, not a “human Heartless” as they so kindly stated.

However, like all good things, this too had to end. A figured rudely brushed by her, one she did not recognise. He didn’t seem to pay the girl any heed though, and instead decided to focus his attention on Rush. Without any permission or indication, the well-built boy pulled the blonde’s cap over his face. As if that wasn’t mean enough, the bully proceeded to jerk him forward in attempt to continue cutting in line.

Even though she knew this character would be unable to see it, Ione’s pale eyes turned to daggers, only wishing they could inflict actual pain. Somehow, it felt satisfying.

"Hey, what's your problem?!" the brunette girl, however, had opted for a verbal response, one that the bully didn’t respond to. Her angelic friend, on the other hand, did give a reply.
“Hey, big guy, what’s the matter? Forgot your blankie?”

The light haired boy that had needed comforting earlier, well, he didn’t take kindly to the insult. The tone used to deliver his response was dark, merciless, almost bone chilling. Luckily, his friends stepped in…

…which only seemed to change the heat places, as sparks soon flew between the jerks and the taller girl. Now, Ione was growing uncomfortable, she didn’t want a fight to break, and the situation was only worsening. Instead of going to get help, however, she vowed to wait, but only a little longer.

Once the word “hurt” was tossed in, that’s when Iolanthe drew the line. Not much time had eclipsed and threats were already being made. Other students curiously started to listen in; silently hoping the moron posse would get it, finally. Silent anticipation started to build, although before any could react, something completely unexpected happened…

Ribbon. Yes, such a simple word, but that’s really what happened. Purple ribbon began antagonising the bully, first his fist, which had been drawn, but it didn’t stop there. He jerked his head away from the angel, and instantly locked eyes with another. Ione quickly turned, only to spot an unfamiliar fellow, clad in cloak. She was impressed rather than afraid, and watching the brute get terrorized by ribbon of all things was an amusing sight.

Finally, he was concurred, victory belonged to the magic user, who had knocked his target down. To add further insult to injury, the bully was sent away, quite literally.

A round of applause soon broke out, the occasional cheer standing out. So many had wanted such a thing to happen, that much of clear...

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 11-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

(OOC: Went to a "Write-In" today for NaNoWriMo, and pulled way ahead in my word count, which means I have time to post something! :D YAY!!! Oh, and no worries, sealboy ^^ The Healer's Wing has electricity xD It's better to use that type of light in that kind of setting, I would think ^^)

Chase Owens
Dark, ex-Apprentice
Everlastia, Courtyard

Like the other students, Chase had gotten a good look at the now-desecrated Tree of Blessings. Unlike the other students, he had shown little surprise—or any emotion at all—at its changed appearance. He lingered near the side of the Great Hall, leaning against the wall as he watched scores of other students cross the courtyard, pointing to the tree with mixed expressions. Whenever they drifted towards the Guild’s treasured symbol, though, the Masters surrounding the tree would shoo them away. After the umpteenth time, the Masters were growing impatient. Chase observed, noting that their frustration was coming from both the repeated disturbances and the fact that they could not discern what had befallen the tree.

Whether or not Chase was amused, however, was just as difficult to discern. Honestly, he could care less about the tree—what was it other than a bright nuisance on the Guild’s property?

He knew it was lunch time, but currently the young man did not feel hungry. Besides, he didn’t care much for crowds, and the crowds didn’t care much for him. For now, he was content with spying on the rest of the student body.

He wasn’t expecting anything extraordinary to happen while he simply stood there, but when the courtyard began to empty of life, he noticed something unusual. Something was slinking from shadow to shadow, almost imperceptible to the untrained eye. Gradually, it slithered its way to Chase’s own shadow, where it twitched pathetically. Chase showed no apparent interest in the thing, but, within his own mind, he was allowing it to approach.

Hestitant at first, the thing slithered beneath his shoe, then proceeded to climb up his shoe, then his leg. Chase could feel nothing, but he knew that it was migrating to his upper arm. After casting a nonchalant look around his surroundings, making sure that no one was watching, Chase pulled back his sleeve. The shadows played across his pale skin, soon forming letters. Once those characters organized themselves, a message revealed itself.

Chase quickly read the message before pulling down his sleeve and detaching himself from the wall. Forging a path with determination, the young man made his way towards the Library.

He had been summoned.

Rush Peterson
Light, Recruit
Everlastia, outside the Mess Hall

Rush hadn’t expected this turn of events.

He had hoped that the bully would just move on and leave them alone. Unfortunately, it hadn’t been quite so. After one of Traynor’s thugs made a smart remark to Kumori, something strange befell the pale-haired boy. Rush saw an almost visible darkness spread across from it as he turned to the bully with wrath. The things he said, the things he almost did… it scared Rush right out of his senses. He stared between Traynor and Kumori, unable to decide who he was more freighted of.

And Kumori nearly struck Kokoro…

Rush took a step backwards, wanting to run away from the entire situation. He couldn’t understand what was going on. What was wrong with Kumori?

Eventually, due to Kokoro’s gentle patience, Kumori was able to come to his senses, but the entire thing still left Rush unnerved. He was still thinking about it when suddenly, quite randomly, a ribbon shot from nowhere and stopped Traynor mid-punch. The bully turned to an older kid standing behind them in line—a dark gray-haired youth with intelligent blue eyes who seemed to look quite innocent, holding a book like a real bookworm.

Traynor’s expression writhed with fury, but before he could say anything, the ribbon sprung to life again at the stranger’s command, effectively gagging the bully. Traynor’s hands lifted to his mouth in a futile attempt to rip it off, but the stranger moved quickly and silently. Next thing Rush knew, the bully was entirely bound by purple ribbons, and was rolling wildly away from the line.

It was quite a comical scene; in fact, the entire crowd around Rush and the others burst in to laughter, pointing at the pathetic bully as his posse chased after him.

“H-hey!” one of Traynor’s thugs turned and yelled at the laughing crowd. His eyes narrowed down to the stranger who had interfered. “This isn’t the last you’ve heard from us! You better bet we’ll get back at you for this!”

With those words, he joined with the others, chasing after their humiliated leader.

The mood lightened considerably as the students applauded the stranger’s work, and turned to each other to happily discuss Traynor’s fall. Rush, however, couldn’t bring himself to join in. He fell silent as he returned to his place in line, though he wasn’t sure if he wanted to be there anymore. Nor could he bring himself to confront the Twins’ Apprentices, to ask them what had happened. He was certain he had seen darkness in Kumori’s countenance, and Rush always got the idea drilled into his head that darkness was inherently evil.

More darkness. It was everywhere today, it seemed. And Rush, quite frankly, was scared of it.
______

(OOC: Yeah, sorry, Rush didn't really do much (no dialogue, argh!), other then get scared xD I'll make him do something next time around, though it depends on the others' actions ^^)

Old 11-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Winter Offline

Light, Apprentices
Everlastia, Mess Hall

He raised his fist--bad move. Really bad move. Ailith reached her own hand up to catch the blow, however, the blow never came. She caught a flash of purple out of the corner of her eye just before it wrapped around the bully's wrist like a living slap bracelet, jerking his arm back with the force. She turned her gaze on the boy with the book in his hand and the purple ribbon coming out of one of his sleeves, and she glared at him. She watched at he beat up the guy with the ribbons that shot out of his sleeve (magic, she was sure) and ended up sending the group packing, but she wasn't happy in the slightest. that had been her fight, not his. Yes, she had jumped in because of Kumori, but Kumori, if he had been allowed to fight, probably would have put the bully in the healer's wing for a rather substantial amount of time if he hand't killed him, so he couldn't be allowed to fight like that. She, on the the other hand, would have simply beaten him until she had gotten an apology for both Kumori and herself, but that was out the window now, and now the guys were threatening to get ribbon-boy back. Ailith was pretty sure that the guys wouldn't have come back if she'd sent the guy packing, but that meant she would get a chance to make him apologize in the future... She turned to look at ribbon boy again, only to find his nose buried back in the book.

Un. Freaking. Believable. How did one go from being the hero to most of those in the cafeteria who had bullied to having their nose shoved in a book? "I didn't ask for help." She said flatly. "I could have taken him myself, I would have preferred it, actually." She told him before turning back to see how things were going with Kokoro and Kumori.

Oh, no...

She took one look at Kumori's face almost buried in Kokoro's shoulder, and saw Kokoro's lips moving, but heard nothing due to the fact she was whispering too softly to hear to know he'd either hurt her or come entirely too close to it. This was going to tear his sanity to shreds if he kept it up; it tore tore him to pieces every time he hurt someone when he got that way. Particularly Kokoro.

Especially Kokoro.

She was concerned for him for a moment, and then she saw Rush's face. He'd quite obviously seenwhatever it was Kumori had done while her back was turned. She had heard some of Kokoro's protests while arguing with the bully, but hadn't seen what had happened, and whatever it was had obviously bothered him. Ione simply looked out of place among all the apparent joy at the bully's beating at the hands of ribbons summoned by a bookworm. It appeared an explanation would be in order, and she was probably going to have to be the one to give it. How, she wasn't too sure.

"What happened? I didn't see." The Angel asked softly, approaching Kokoro and Kumori. The snowy-haired boy just barely lifted his head to glance at her while wearing a look of sheer misery before re-burying his face in his friend's shoulder.

"I blew it." He mumbled into Kokoro's shoulder, which came out as a muffled mess as Kokoro patted his arm gently.

"He snapped. Nearly slapped me, but he regained control before then. No harm done." The brown-haired girl replied softly, Ailith nodded. At least he had gotten a handle on it fast this time, if they had to, it would be fairly easy to lie about it, say he was just a bit tired and had gotten snappish because of it. Thankfully it appeared that more attention had been focused on the bullies getting a taste of their own medicine, and not too many had seen what had gone on between them.

But Rush had. And he looked scared half to death.

"Rush saw, and he looks like he's about ready to come out of his own skin. We're gonna have to explain, Kokoro..." The girl paled visibly at that, eyebrows knitting together like she was trying to think of a way to get out of explaining. Yup, it looked like this would be up to her because Kokoro looked like she was scared to death to say anything about her friend's condition. Ailith didn't blame her--something like Kumori's problem could get him locked up somewhere in the Guild or kicked out the Guild, something both girls knew could quite possibly cause him to lose it entirely. Ailith was a bit newer to the picture with Kumori, but she had come to understand him pretty quickly with their near-constant training together due to their Masters being so close. Kokoro had spent years developing that protective attitude towards him, but Ailith had jumped on the bandwagon fairly quickly. He didn't run to her for help, but she would help him anyway because they were all training partners, part of their "unofficial family" as their Masters liked to call it, and Ailith was pretty happy to have a family she could defend the members of rather than having a family where your family members were constantly telling you to do one thing or another because "a proper member of the Guard did not display such horrific behavoir."

She would gladly take defending a "family member" over listening to a member of her real family chastise her. Ailith sighed "I got it." She murmured to Kokoro before she then turned her gaze to Rush.

"Look, I know that kind of expression. You saw Kumori, didn't you?" Her voice wasn't unkind, but more stressed. How did you try to convince someone that your friend's somewhat insane and cold display was just a slight problem he had? "He...it's hard for me to explain, I don't know about it as well as Kokoro, but...that wasn't really him. Please, don't be afraid of him, it tears him up, and that only makes it worse... Gah, I suck at this!" She muttered, shaking her head like a dog quickly before producing another pocky stick and nibbling on the end a little bit before she continued. "Look, I promise, we'll explain later, but please calm down right now. He's really a nice guy, he doesn't deserve the problem he's dealing with, and he's dealing with a really big problem... would that explanation suffice right now?" She asked, fumbling in her explanation. Kokoro couldn't help but smile slightlyas she tried to comfort Kumori, at least the Angel was trying.

OOC: Poor Ailith, trying to explain so hard!

EDIT: Wow...this is kinda long...

Old 11-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

((OMFG I LIVE. :O ))

Doctor Caesura and Anastasia
Master and Apprentice; Light
Everlastia, Healer's Wing

Caesura nodded once, then went back to Embry. "This may do nothing at all, but I think it would be wise to use all of our options before we start to give up," he said, rubbing his hands a little. Anastasia could sense his power building up, the same way it would when he was abut to cast a spell. But he did not summon his Keyblade. He took a step back and held his hands out in front of them, keeping them a few inches apart. For a moment he frowned in concentration and Anastasia felt his power spike rapidly, all of it being channeled into his hands and the space between them. "Lumina," he whispered, the simple name a command.

Suddnely a birhgt white light burst from the empty space between his palm and there was a loud ringing sound, and then the light materialized into something. It looked like some sort of spirit, but it was surrounded in a white fire that made it too birght to see any of its features except two glowing blue eyes. Anastasia gasped in shock, and she was not the only one. In her head Ranna started screeching something incoherent about it being to light and happy. "Lumina," she heard Caesura say, "can you try to find out what is wrong with this girl? She may be struck down with some sort of darkness, and I'm sure you'll pick it up."

There was a nod--or at least that's what it resembled--from the elemental (because Anastasia knew exactly what it was, since Caesura had talked of them in the past) and it went to hover over Embry's still form. It gently lowered itself over her and the glow softened, and then it looked as if the apprentice were surrounded by a faint, glowing veil of light. Eveyrone looked aboslutely amazed and stunned, and the Doctor chuckled. "I'm sorry if I startled you. This is magic from my own home world. You see, we have these beings called elementals, which have complete control over one of the eight elements. If you can befriend one of the elementals, then you can also summon them and use their magic to your advantage. Lumina is our elemental of Light, obviously, and if there is any darkness or evil about Embry then I'm certain that she will pick it up."

Oh, that thing was a girl? Anastasia had always thought the elementals were genderless, at least that's how they had been described. She took a step inside the room, closer to the light, despite Ranna;s yelling. In fact it chased the Heartless away, leaving her to deal only with Isataxansa, who actually seemed to be reveling in the light.

Hey, I can enjoy light just like you can, the Nobody snapped, although not as harshly as she usually would have.

((I thought I'd leave it up to Char to see if he finds anything. Maybe Emrby's injuries are not from darkness, or maybe it's just too well hidden.))

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 11-23-2011, 09:40 AM
The Luna Diviner

Ione (Iolanthe)
Apprentice, Light
Mess Hall, Everlastia

It was as if nothing had happened, in regards to the ribbon-caster. He sat casually where had had before the incident, continuing on with his book. It would have been easy for this boy to break into one of the many conversations that had erupted and probably be showered with congratulations on a job well done. However, he didn’t appear to have any interest in the notion, content in solitude. Surprisingly, the Angel was one of the few to personally acknowledge him.

"I didn't ask for help." Her tone was lacking of excitement. "I could have taken him myself, I would have preferred it, actually.” She proceeded to reveal, which served to explain the nature of her voice. Personally, though, Ione was quite satisfied with the way it had turned out. Violence would have lead to far more trouble, which would have only made things worse in the long run. However, with that being said, today’s cafeteria incident could easily serve as a catalyst for future discord, too easily.

The dark-haired girl shifted, hoping to get a better look at the assumed bookworm, debating whether or not she should go thank him. This was swiftly put on the back burner when she caught a glimpse of Rush’s expression. Untainted fear twisted his features; it was a stark contrast to the bright smile worn previously. It didn’t take a trained psychiatrist to conclude what had triggered the change either…

The light-haired boy’s chilling, almost violent outburst had scared him. She too had been startled by the sudden change in domineer, but for some reason, didn’t seem to be nearly as negatively affected. There was almost familiarity in what had just happened, an outburst undiluted anger and… darkness. Ione’s eyes widened at the realisation, although they were quick to return to their usual state. She silently wondered if the black forces really could have been the responsible party, although it would explain the situation perfectly. And, it was at that moment, while the others quietly discussed, that Iolanthe really grew uncomfortable, but not for reasons mirroring Rush’s…

"Rush saw, and he looks like he's about ready to come out of his own skin. We're gonna have to explain, Kokoro..." from her new angle, Ione was able to see the recipient’s visible unease. She appeared to be in thought, and made no attempt to retort the statement, despite her obvious feelings.

After a few moments of silence, the Angel finally sighed, taking the lack of response as a “yes”. It was now her task to provide the explanation.

"Look, I know that kind of expression. You saw Kumori, didn't you?" Judging by her tone, this was not a pleasant charge. Her words were aimed at Rush, who’s face hadn’t lightened any, probably not making things any easier. , I don't know about it as well as Kokoro, but...that wasn't really him. Please, don't be afraid of him, it tears him up, and that only makes it worse... Gah, I suck at this!" She admitted, and took a slight break to nibble on her snack. "Look, I promise, we'll explain later, but please calm down right now. He's really a nice guy, he doesn't deserve the problem he's dealing with, and he's dealing with a really big problem... would that explanation suffice right now?"

Ione didn’t know if it was her place to speak, or even respond in any way. Lacking in social experience, she simply turned to Rush, wondering how he would react. She knew her answer though, for now, that would be just fine.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Freya
Master, Light
Everlastia, Mess Hall

Four weeks.

Four weeks since Freya had received a Seeker mission. Four weeks and two days, more precisely. She had sat around for all this time doing nothing.

Freya didn't like it.

It wouldn't have bothered her if she had been selected for other missions. It would have meant she was being trusted with higher responsibilities. But there had been absolutely no missions, or tasks, or even being told of when her next mission might possibly be. She had just stayed in Everlastia. Some masters might have been fine with other masters. Not Freya. The dragonkin had to keep moving and burn off excess energy. Otherwise, it came out in frustration. She had started getting more and more irritable.

...More than usual, anyway.

She drummed her fingers against the table. She had finished her meal and was now just waiting for the meeting she had been called to (along with all the other Masters). Freya was not good at waiting.

Cail Atean
Recruit, Undecided
Mess Hall

The Mess Hall was always hard.

Cail normally just avoided places that were difficult to navigate, but the Mess Hall had, well, food, which was unfortunately necessary for life. So he had to go.

The layout of the Mess Hall wasn't that tricky- it was just a large, rectangular room with some tables and chairs (he occasionally bumped into those, but it wasn't usually a problem). It was the people. This was, of course, true in most places, but in the classrooms, people knew to get out of the way, or they knew that if they tripped him they would get him in trouble. But here, people didn't always know him, or didn't see him. He almost always ran into someone. Usually, if he walked down the center of the room while keeping a hand on the tables, he could avoid running into too many people. Or at least walk in a straight line. He was almost there(He could tell by mentally counting the number of tables he had gone by). Almost...

Wham.

Cail cursed silently, barely managing to keep his balance by bracing his hand against the table. "Sorry," he muttered to whoever he had run into, instinctively looking down at the floor. Don't look at me. Don't ask questions. Just move to the side and let me by.

(Anyone in the Mess Hall who doesn't mind being run into can say Cail ran into them. :3)

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 12-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

(OOC: Doodle’s post didn’t register on the forum for some reason, guys, so be sure to take note of it above mine. Winter’s calling it “The Post That Never Was” xD But anyway… INSPIRATION BEAM YEAH! >:D)

Celeste Piper
Light, Apprentice
Everlastia, Healer’s Wing

Celeste watched with curiosity as Siros granted Dr. Caesura request. He stood before the girl with authority, his face focused with extreme concentration. But despite Celeste’s expectations, he didn’t summon his keyblade. It wasn’t an uncommon thing—since plenty of wielders could do magic without their weapon—but in some cases of advanced magic, it was useful to concentrate the arcane forces through an object. What was is exactly that Caesura was doing?

"Lumina," Caesura’s lips parted in a single uttered word.

The Healer’s Wing brightened as a sudden flash illuminated the space above Embry. Celeste couldn’t help it—she let out a surprised gasp. Though the light was almost blinding, she could barely make out two blue orbs. Were they eyes? What was she looking at?

"Lumina," Caesura addressed the being of light he had apparently summoned, "can you try to find out what is wrong with this girl? She may be struck down with some sort of darkness, and I'm sure you'll pick it up."

The light flickered—or nodded, maybe?—and obediently it turned its attention to the comatose girl on the bed before them all. Celeste watched it in wondering awe. As far back as she could remember, she had never seen such a phenomena before. Part of her wanted to scold her for acting so dumbfounded—why should she be so surprised? So many strange things happened here at the Guild, and each day reminded her that there were so many things outside her own world that she didn’t even know about. Still, she couldn’t help but feel taken back.

Perhaps she wasn’t the only one wondering, as Caesura started explaining himself:

“This is magic from my own home world. You see, we have these beings called elementals, which have complete control over one of the eight elements. If you can befriend one of the elementals, then you can also summon them and use their magic to your advantage. Lumina is our elemental of Light, obviously, and if there is any darkness or evil about Embry then I'm certain that she will pick it up."

Elementals, huh? Celeste cocked her head. The concept of summoning elementals intrigued her, and she wondered if she could learn more about them some other time. They certainly sounded helpful—but then again, she wondered what it would involve to “befriend” these elementals. Could they be found anywhere? Or did they only reside within Caesura’s world?

Celeste’s mind returned from its aimless wanderings as something happened. Thin, smoke-like tendrils of blackness suddenly writhed free from Embry’s person, twitching grotesquely beneath the elemental’s light. They quickly evaporated from sight, as if they were simply residue from something… else. Celeste frowned. How could that be? Embry didn’t look like she had been attacked, but then again…

Glancing towards Caesura, Celeste couldn’t help herself as she blurted out, “What does that mean?”

Siros threw a scolding look her way, but he had nothing to say as all waited for Caesura’s diagnosis.

Rush Peterson
Light, Recruit
Everlastia, Mess Hall

As things calmed down at the Mess Hall, Rush’s thoughts kept spiraling about in confusing circles. He tried to forget about it, but he knew he wasn’t doing a very good job of hiding his fear. The line was in motion once again, and they were up close to where the doors were now. For a moment, Rush considered breaking off from the group as soon as they got inside. If he moved fast enough, he could navigate his way through the crowd to the other exit at the back of the building. He’d be gone before the others even knew it.

He hadn’t escaped their attention, however. The winged girl turned to him and said quite frankly, "Look, I know that kind of expression. You saw Kumori, didn't you?"

Rush had been keeping his back to them, but slowly—after a quick wince—he forced himself to face them again. His wide eyes searched the trio, confused but cautious.

Without waiting for an answer that would probably never come, Ailith continued stumbling through an explanation, "He...it's hard for me to explain, I don't know about it as well as Kokoro, but...that wasn't really him. Please, don't be afraid of him, it tears him up, and that only makes it worse... Gah, I suck at this!"

Rush blinked at her, her words rolling off him like water on a Ducklette’s feathers. He couldn’t make sense of her words, as much as he wanted to. Shifting his stance uncomfortably, he waited for her to continue.

"Look, I promise, we'll explain later, but please calm down right now. He's really a nice guy, he doesn't deserve the problem he's dealing with, and he's dealing with a really big problem... would that explanation suffice right now?"

The blonde-haired boy hesitated. No, he wanted to say. No way could that “explanation suffice”. He was still confused, still afraid. What did they mean, that Kumori wasn’t himself? Rush had seen for himself—but then again... The person he had seen before—full of anger and rage—seemed so different from the one quivering in Kokoro’s arms. Perhaps there was credence to Ailith’s words, but… To be honest, Rush wasn’t sure he wanted to know.

The doors were suddenly upon them, and Rush nearly collided with one. Startled, he quickly grabbed the handle and pulled it back open, oblivious to the curious glances people in front of him cast. He paused a moment longer, just staring at the door as he considered his options. Tilting his head slightly, he could see that Iolanthe was staring at him. She seemed to be waiting for his reply almost curiously. Had she already decided?

Flicking his gaze back to the others, he mumbled, “I… I dunno…”

He held the door open for the others, then entered into the bustling Mess Hall. The noise seemed to be painfully amplified in here, given that a couple hundred of students were shuffling their way through the lunch hour. Rush didn’t run away like he had planned. Instead, he stuck with the others, torn between decisions. He was never really good at making choices, added to being so unsure of himself.

As they drifted down the line, Rush was faintly aware of a blur passing by—but it didn’t register in his mind what the blur was until it—or rather, he—ran into someone.

______

(OOC: LoL, I think Rush has already had his dose of randomly-being-bumped-into, so it’s someone else’s turn ;D)

Old 12-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Kian Locke
Light, Ex-Apprentice
Mess Hall

Kian had glanced up in both shock and embarrassment when the line started to cheer for his act. He hadn't expected this type of reaction to his fairly innocent act in which he stopped the bully from attacking the female. He blushed brightly - this was new for him.

"I didn't ask for help." Kian stopped blushing at this instance - had he heard someone speak to him? He turned to find a girl, the same one he had 'rescued' from a fist, glaring at him. "I could have taken him myself, I would have preferred it, actually." Kian's heart sank - he had never been spoken to so unkindly in his life - especially after helping someone! However, as quickly as his mood had dropped, it rose back up again in anger. Had she not turned away from him, Kian would have gladly informed her on how he thought of her reaction to the situation with the bully. Not knowing how to socialise very well, Kian would have told her 'how it was' rather than holding back like others. Violence is never the answer to violence, he thought to himself, calming himself down by telling himself that he had done the right thing.

The line had started to move again, and, being behind the group in which the winged-female was a part of, Kian was one of the first to enter the cafeteria after a long wait. It was a rather large, but filled, room - situating a vast amount of tables, chairs and food. However, after the situation beforehand, Kian's appetite had faded away - yet he did not have the will to walk all the way back to his room. Instead, he buried himself back inside his book and had started walking, only to be crashed into by a small boy with dirty blonde hair.

"Oompf!" were the words that escaped Kian's mouth as he fell to the ground - as did his spell-book. He sat there, on the ground, allowing his mind to clear itself, so that his balance was not affected in any way when he was to stand up.

"Sorry..." the boy muttered, looking away from Kian. He looked like he wasn't one to talk much - a thing the two of them had in common. The only thing stopping himself from questioning the young boy was the fact that he had no idea of how to socialise. Kian sighed at his weakness.

"My apologies," Kian muttered back, keeping his eyes from away the child in case it made him feel uncomfortable. "I should have watched where I was going, rather than reading." Kian reached across the ground and picked up his book. Standing up, he brushed himself off and made on his way, saying "Good day" as he passed the child. He went off in search of an empty table.

The Spark
Spell cast by Kian Locke
Healer's Wing

The one downfall to the spell was that Kian had 'accidentally' infused feelings into the Spark. This, therefore, made it vulnerable to become... infatuated with other forms of light. The "Elemental", that Dr. Caesura had summoned, had become an unfortunate target of the Spark's. It was greatly tempted to reach out from its hiding spot within the light towards the two bright orbs. In its perspective - they were truly beautiful. However, its master's orders were to come first.

However, if the Elemental were to stay any longer, the Spark would soon succumb to its desires, inevitably bringing its mission to a fail.

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.

Last edited by Sealboy; 01-09-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Winter Offline

Light, Apprentices
Everlastia, Mess Hall

Both of the girls' eyes rested on Rush while Kumori cast quick glances at him from time to time before burying his face in Kokoro's shoulder again, seeming to be painfully aware that he could be in serious trouble if this went badly. They all seemed to notice the hesitation, the war going on within the other boy, but rather than Ailith speaking, Kokoro spoke up as they passed through the door and into the mess hall. She had paled once more as Rush had given his 'answer,' a shaky "I dunno."

"His heart is...divided, in a way. When he was little, something happened to his homeworld, something bad, and it hurt him a lot. This is the result, but it's not his fault...please, don't blame him." She said only spoke loudly enough for those close to them to hear, and Kumori raised his head from Kokoro's shoulder again, his own expression conflicted.

"I..." His voice drifted as he started almost violently when the ribbon user (with his nose still in his book) collided with another student who was walking and looking pretty fixedly at his shoes, as though the collision of other people had scared him halfway to death. Ailith shook her head at the collision and reached out a comfortingly to pat Kumori's nearest arm.

"Idiots. Both of them." Ailith hissed. "Half the Guild's hero at the moment and he lets himself get plowed over by some kid who pays more attention to his feet than the area in front of him while he has his face shoved in a book... It's okay, Kumori, what were you going to say?" Her voice had definitely taken a softer tone as she spoke to Kumori, who bit his lip in thought before looking to Rush.

"That... I don't mean for it to happen--I don't want it to happen, but sometimes... Sometimes it's just too strong for me to fight back, no matter how hard I try..." His eyes slowly drifted from focusing on Rush--he couldn't take being looked at like he was a monster, didn't like to see fear in people's faces when they looked at him. After all, he had more of a reason to be afraid of himself than anyone else did, except maybe Kokoro.

She was the one his crazed side hated most because she was the only thing keeping him sane.

She was the only thing keeping him in control. For that, it wanted her dead most of all. Of course, that was also the biggest reason he was terrified of himself and what his crazed side could do.

Seeming to sense his inner conflict and how upset he was, Kokoro turned and smiled at him reassuringly in spite the fact she felt uneasy herself. She didn't know what to do to try and improve the situation any more if Rush couldn't understand. They continued to drift down the line, tensely awaiting an answer or some kind of response.

OOC: So much for having Cail run into Kumori, but hey, he ended up actually speaking for himself to someone other than Kokoro or Ailith! XD No pressure or anything, Rush!

Re-Post: This is flipping RIDICULOUS!

Old 12-09-2011, 11:02 PM
NES2 Offline

Daniel Conleth
Undecided, Recruit
The Portal, Minecraftia

It had been over two years since Daniel had seen another man. The years that had passed since his leaving Chandur had been ones largely filled with emptiness, his memories of a life before largely having been lost to time. His childhood was but a blur experienced in isolated dreams, only fragments being remembered of a time before his exile into the wilderness. Dawn, his wolf companion, had eased some of the pain, but the lack of so much as sight of another human was a great weight to bear.

The End represented to Daniel a chance to return to Chandur, not as an infamous fiend, but as a person changed. A prize like the egg of a mystical Enderdragon would bring great respect to both himself and the village he had been raised in, and would clear his name of any wrongdoing committed in earlier years. He would be remembered in the legends, as a hero.

He thought about this now as he gazed at the the portal, the Eyes of Ender having activated the ancient rift. They glowed a faint green themselves, the energy contained within the artifacts powering the mysterious relic. Journeying into The End meant discovering the secrets that lay beyond both his own world and the Nether, of a land seldom viewed by the eyes of men. What was known about The End had been passed down through oral tradition, and most details regarding such knowledge were shrouded in myth.

But yet he remained nervous. This portal seemed different than the ones described in legend. Most stories told of a dark void filled with emptiness, but this rift emanated a white light instead. Furthermore, he felt his blade, The Spirit of the Tunnels, pulling him towards this light, as though it was possessed. This hadn't been the first strange occurrence surrounding the blade however. It's strange yet efficient design had been the product of a surreal dream, revolving around his traversing across the tops of various ancient pillars, battling creatures unfamiliar to Daniel's world. They were black beings with eyes that glowed a luminescent yellow, entirely unlike the Endermen he had occasionally encountered. The beasts were not only vicious fighters, but they seemed to suck at a part of Daniel's soul, as though they were eating away at his heart. But he slashed through the black masses and carried forward, and at the final pillar he found a blade of solid diamond, with smaller blades protruding from one side of the blade. As he grabbed the hilt of this majestic weapon, he opened his eyes.

Whether it was strange coincidence or fate that brough Daniel here, it was now time for him to take the plunge into the unknown. He wasn't sure if he was prepared enough for this task, but he knew it was his only opportunity at changing his fate. Taking a look at his companion, Dawn let out a small, excited yip. It was a sign of her support, and of her willingness to follow him wherever the portal may lead. And so, taking one last look at this dimension, Daniel jumped forward into the light.

---------

OOC: First post, yay! Finally, I'm back into RPing. Whether or not this will last is hard to tell however, but I'll try to post often.

Now, just to help my character fit into this story, I'm assuming that at some point he will need to meet with someone else in the RP, preferably someone who would introduce both myself and my character to this world. it would be great if he or she could pick up on this world's "awakening", and if I'm correct that role can be accomplished through a Bookbinder, Master, or Seeker. Such help would be appreciated, because otherwise my character will be one bewildered fellow.

Last edited by NES2; 12-12-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:26 AM
The Luna Diviner

Ione (Iolanthe)
Apprentice, Light
Mess Hall, Everlastia

“I… I dunno…” Rush finally managed, his facial expression matching those so perfectly. He was confused, that much was obvious. Somehow though, Ione felt disappointed by this reply, as if she’d been subconsciously hoping for it to be positive…

Any thought trains that may have started were instantly derailed when the cafeteria doors were opened. The sound of overlapping conversations was the first and only thing one could possibly hear. The numerous students inside were, for the most part, seated at a table, eating and chatting away. Locking in on a single exchange was next to impossible; the same voice was never heard twice. This endless noise made thinking an unviable task, and Ione could feel a slight headache coming on.

"His heart is...divided, in a way. When he was little, something happened to his homeworld, something bad, and it hurt him a lot. This is the result, but it's not his fault...please, don't blame him." The brunette tried her best to explain, and was more enlightening then her friend. Her voice was quiet, and making the words out had been strenuous considering all the noise around them.

"I..." the boy had started, but was swiftly interrupted by the sight of a nearby collision. Two students, one a complete stranger, the other, however, was easily recognised. Although she hadn’t seen the events leading to their crash, seeing the magic book lying on the ground helped piece things together. Slightly concerned, Ione watched them, but was satisfied when they exchanged dialogue, proof enough that things were okay. She paused for a moment, why were her thoughts so… mothering hen today?

"Idiots. Both of them." The Angel spat, clearing unimpressed with the sight before her. "Half the Guild's hero at the moment and he lets himself get plowed over by some kid who pays more attention to his feet than the area in front of him while he has his face shoved in abook... she took a pause, and her next words were much gentler in nature.
"That... I don't mean for it to happen--I don't want it to happen, but sometimes... Sometimes it's just too strong for me to fight back, no matter how hard I try..." the boy’s words sounded so… scared, sad, maybe even regretful.

Ione tore her gaze from the unfolding scene, suddenly feeling a cascade of emotion. Nausea was quickly setting in; the heavy odour of lunch was only making it worse. Darkness, there seemed to be no more of an obvious culprit then that. She couldn’t help but feel sympathy for this character, but remained silent. That queasiness was… the girl swallowed… getting hard to control. She wanted badly to get fresh air, however, knew leaving at this moment wasn’t a good idea.

“You have my understanding, don’t worry,” Iolanthe finally said, still unsure if responding was stepping out of line. Hopefully though, it would help ease the tension and draw the same from Rush. Now pale, she turned her attention to him, silently urging the boy to speak.

00C: Not sure if I like this one DX