Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 03-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Nexen [SUDS]

I am SORRY SORRY SORRY that I haven't posted yet. My computer was down for forever and... Well, you know. Anyway I'll try to post soon! Thanks for your patience!

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 03-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

The RP is rather slow moving as it is but as long as we all stick with it, I think it's fine. XD
Old 03-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

Attention: I will not be able to post for a while. As if I posted much in the first place.

Lucario@312
Hatch: 327
Lucario: 432
Level100: 612
Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

What would happen if a WAE interacted with their respective creative art (eg a WAE Scribez reads a really good essay)?

Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by narphoenix View Post
What would happen if a WAE interacted with their respective creative art (eg a WAE Scribez reads a really good essay)?
Well the art, like Sona's, have an anti form.

If a WAE, a strong one, ran into a positive creative form of it's type, such as that good essay, they will be affected by that essay in a way that would...harm them mentally you could say...

Lets use the metaphor of Light against Dark. Light being Deviant creativity, and Dark being WAE.

Basically, one will harm the other if it is potent enough and for how long of a duration it is, and how well done said creative form was pulled off and made. The anti forms are such things as subliminal messaging in video, propaganda and degradating scriptures, mundane drawling on of repeated statements that claw at the brain in speak, bland, borderlin poisonous food, you get the idea.

One can provoke the other into influencing them to the other side. If they are strong enough, they can take that opposing side and use it against the original creator for even more effectiveness.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:54 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

...Alrighty, guys, WAR is now technically over, so Sabi says we need to do a head count (again). XD Who's still in and ready to get back to RPing?

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
...Alrighty, guys, WAR is now technically over, so Sabi says we need to do a head count (again). XD Who's still in and ready to get back to RPing?
Me. Me. Me. Me, and again me. Nar told me he was going to as well.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 08-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

Frankly, I'm bad at writing. My characters made no sense, their personalities were bland, my posts were boring... Sorry, but I'm done here.

Lucario@312
Hatch: 327
Lucario: 432
Level100: 612
Old 08-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

I am going to (didn't even notice this). I have to make my final pair of chars and then I'll post. Promise.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:38 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Does anyone object to me doing a bit of a time skip post?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Winter Offline

Go ahead. I don't know that we'll ever get moving again otherwose.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Ya. I got nothing.

I've been trying to write (several times now) but my ideas. Just. Wouldn't. Flow. The time skip will definitely help. As long as I get to use this one idea once Doc meets Winter's/Velo's chars.

Last edited by narphoenix; 09-13-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:17 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Well the time skip can be posted so you can get right to that Nar.

Also, thanks to Winter, we have a new category for Deviants known as Fabz, basically, clothing experts. XD
Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 AM
Winter Offline

DONE!!!

The Fabric Master
Name: Takumi Atsushi...though he's more known simply as Kanon
Appearance: Most people don't know the real face behind the clothing designer who calls himself Kanon, in spite his clothing's recent popularity boom since the resistance in Shibuya has picked up. Most of this is due to the fact that Takumi simply isn't stupid--he makes very good use of his stash of wigs, assorted colored and pattered contacts, and ability as a Fabz to make himself look, well...not like himself. However, when you can catch him out of his many disguises and/or cosplay, it's hard to distinguish his from any other guy on the street--he stands in at about 5' 8" and has clear, olive-toned skin. His hair is a bit shaggy, cut at varying lengths, and a tad bit curly, as well as dark brown, though not so brown it looks black, while his almond-shaped eyes are brown as well. When trying to not attract attention to himself (or when he's working,), Takumi can often be found wearing various pairs of lounge pants and sweatpants about a size too big so that they're a little too long and pool around his feet along wither various old anime and self-designed t-shirts, if he's out, these tend to be covered by a gray hoodie that he often wears with the hood up, unless he has to take it off, and a plain pair of sneakers when he has to wear them at all.
Personality: Takumi is an odd guy, to say the least. He's a fanatic for cosplay and old anime stuff, though that's not nearly as strange as the fact he seems to keep a rainbow of fabric in his home's basement...enough fabric that if real fabric weren't so hard to come by these days, he'd be called a hoarder. He loves vibrant colors, but rarely ever wears them himself because of the WAE, though he's been wearing them a bit more often since the Deviant takeover of Shibuya, though accompanied by wigs and contacts. He has a slight phobia of open spaces, due to the fact he spends a ton of time holed up in his basement, sewing. Oh...and he's a definitely more of a fan of guys than girls.
Background: Takumi grew up in a home where he was raised singlehandedly by his seamstress mother. She never talked about his father much, instead taking it upon herself to teach her son how to turn simple bits of fabric into beautiful clothing, and then teaching him how to create his own designs with the fabric. He grew up with her telling him "There is beauty in everything you see in this world, Takumi. It might be wonderful beauty that captivates you, or it might be terrible beauty that digusts you, but there is nothing in this world that isn't beautiful. Learn to see the beauty in everything, and the world will be yours." This statement was what Takumi believe to be the world's one truth for years as he watched his mother sew her heart into her creations, which her buyers loved. Takumi himself fell in love with her cosplay comissions, as he watched her turn fastastic designs on paper into real clothes for people to wear, and he loved the pictures the comissioners took of themselves in the outfits that his mother always made them promise to send back to her. Trying his hand at these designs himself introduced young Takumi to the world of anime, where he fell in love with most anime he encountered, and caused him to fall in love with the designs even more...to the point that his own attempts at cosplay designs began to surpass his mother's, even at a young age...and then the orders, and designs slowly but steadily stopped coming. People became less creative, the creative, beautiful things that Takumi and his mother loved so much began to disappear, and that was when the fabric hoarding started. They kept close eyes on the fabric stores they bought from, and when they were going out of business, they would go in and buy everything they could before it closed, or break in and take what they could if they arrived too late. During this time, Takumi's mother, whom he thought the world of, began to become distant and depressed, however the final straw came when the outfit commisions and buyers stopped coming entirely. After a week of hearing nothing at all about buying any of her designs, Takumi woke up one morning to a home devoid of his mother and a note left on the counter that said "I can't see the beauty anymore, Takumi. I hope that maybe you still can, and will continue to, somehow." For weeks, Takumi had no idea what to do. He had no idea where to turn, how to keep going without the woman who raised him there and her last words to him telling him that she had somehow lost sight of the words he had once considered the world's one truth, the only thing that kept him from falling to the WAE mindset was that he knew his mother wanted him to keep seeing beauty, so he lived on the money they had stocked up when she had made a lot of money on her comissions, until months later, he began recieving comission letters addressed to "Kanon Atsushi"--his mother. It seemed her buyers had gone into hiding until they could find a place to hide out from the WAE and a way to covertly contact her...except their was no "her" left there. Finally Takumi made a choice, and took up sewing the commissions himself and going back to designing and creating cosplay again. When he finished the comissions, he dropped them off as the the letters instructed, but with one extra piece--a single sheet of paper, upon which he wrote the words "Just call me Kanon."

It was a few years later that Takumi was wandering the streets in one of his overly creative outfits when a WAE officer backed him into an alley and began arguing with him, trying to take him in for being a Deviant, and he thought he was done for--until a girl wearing a baggy grey hoodie jumped up behind the officer and blinded him with a scarf. A scarf, Takumi noticed, that was dark blue. After a few moments of struggle, a boy's voice spoke up, commanding the man calm down and leave them alone. Much to Takumi's amazement, he did, and even allowed the girl to keep him blindfolded and push him to the edge of the alley before she released him and he walked away without a backward glance. This the three together in a silent staring contest of sorts before Takumi spoke up. Not only did he see beauty in the pair unlike any beauty he had seen in a long time, he saw creativity, and a difference in them just like he himself had. At that point, he hardly ever saw his comissioners, and immediately told the two he'd never seen something so amazing and invited them to have dinner with them. Upon learning the girl and boy were just roaming the streets, he insisted they stay with him, an offer they took him up on. They have been living with him ever since, and he's taught them a thing or two, and used them as inspiration and models while continuing to fill comission orders...which have been coming in more rapidly, recently.
Skills:
Fabric Master-Takumi can do nearly anything with fabric, as best displayed when he takes a design on paper and turns it into a real outfit; even insane anime outfits.
Cosplayer-Takumi's just as prone to wearing cosplay as he is to wearing normal clothes, and he knows how to make it look good...not everyone can make abnormally colored wigs look almost natural.

Sona Sheet:
Name: Reine Gisela
Species: Yuki-onna (Ice woman)
Appearance: Reine Gisela (also commonly called "Reine" or "Gisela", depending on which you prefer) is marked with fairly few traits that give away her true nature. One would have to be her skin, which is incredibly pale, and even sometimes translucent or iridescent in appearance, mixed with slightly blue-tinted lips and almost perpetually frost-coated lashes. Her eyes are often considered her most striking feature, being large and a funny color that seems like a kind of watered-down mix of gray and blue that manages to just barely stand apart from the whites of her eyes, and almost always hold a distant sadness, and sometimes even aloofness to them, and one occasion, one may even find tears frozen in their tracks on her cheeks. Her strawberry blonde hair is surprisingly untouched by frost and falls to her mid-back, though it's often more caught up in two incredibly loose braids, one falling over either shoulder, a simple crown of ice frozen into place slightly askew stop her head. She is often seen wearing a square-necked, pale periwinkle blue dress with sleeves that reach her elbow and would have belled out in a calla lily shape had they not been cut open, though a more wrinkled purple material gives her complete long sleeves that extend past her wrists to cover her palms. The skirt of the dress is floor length, hiding bare feet, though the periwinkle is interrupted in another cut straight up the front that reveals a full purple skirt underneath, and the dress in its entirety is known to glimmer when hit by direct light, as though its covered in frost.
Personality: Reine is a quiet, gentle, lonely being...one who desperately wishes she didn't have to be lonely. However, the fact that she's known to freeze most things that touch her skin unintentionally kind of makes friendly interaction with other beings difficult, and so she spends a good deal of her time wandering around, stopping occasionally and spending great chunks of time building enormous castles of ice with her ability and filling the ice castles with ice residents, which, much to her disappointment, don't take lives of their own, no matter how lifelike she makes them. She finds herself running on cycles of happiness and depression, her being most happy when she's lost herself among putting all her thought into creating her ice castles and their inhabitants, followed by depression when she realizes that she is still alone. She can come often come across as distant and airheaded to other Sonas because the constant cycles of building up something great only to be let down has caused her to go a bit loopy, but at the same time, when directly approached by other Sonas, she takes extreme care not to let them come into skin contact with her. It's not also not easy to gain her trust thanks to her issues, though she would do anything for one she could eventually come to call "friend," and on occasion, she'll come into contact with Takumi and talk to him, which brightens her day. Also, while it wouldn't seem like she would Reine highly enjoys dancing.
Information: Reine has existed in many forms before Takumi's creativity molded her into what she is today, though she's always been female, and all of her forms have displayed beauty. Her final form at this point is based on both Takumi's mother, as she was the center of his world for the longest time, and snow, one of the few things he still loves seeing in the world today, as it's natural beauty that the WAE can't get rid of, like they have most other beauty. However, it was the loss of Takumi's mother that twisted Reine's abilities and made her a loner, much like Takumi was before he met Mao and Hanbei. It was after the disappearance that Reine began to find that everything she touched froze and died, causing her to start building the ice castles that have made her the object of slightly obscure fame, as many have stumbled across them, though almost never before she left. This wandering and isolation has left her with very few encounters with the WAE, and she's taken it upon herself to freeze her attackers on purpose each time because they attacked her.
Abilities:
Icy Touch-Whatever Reine touches with her bare skin has a tendency to freeze, no matter what it is, unless it's incredibly hot. She tries to take special care not to touch living things without first hiding her hands in her sleeves, it also results in an odd trick in which she cups her hands to her mouth and exhales, causing snow to form.
Body of Ice-Reine's body is made mainly of ice, and she can and will build upon is, rapidly freezing water in the air to weaponize her body to give herself claws, ice swords, a shield, ect.
Ice Queen-Not only can Reine manipulate the ice that forms her body and freeze the air around her, ice seems to obey her, bending to her will...if she has one in mind, that is, and often she doesn't. On occasion, she will make ice sculptures or for a dwelling out of ice for herself, but it's incredibly rare.
Other: She's based off an idea I got from having to analyzing Dickinson poetry--a more human appearance for her "Blonde assassin" in her poem "Apparently with no surprise."

Last edited by Winter; 10-06-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Winter Offline

Sorry for the double-post, broke the text limit with the latest update to Mao's SU, which will be done one I finish background for Kunoichi. Hanbei here is done, if you have no objections, and I swear Takumi will be done soon, I've just been having a rotten time coming up with a Sona for him. XD

The Mother Hen
Name: Mao Masuyo
Appearance: Mao isn't exactly imposing, coming to stand in at about 5' 5" and sporting a lean body often hidden by the least impressive dresses she can convince Takumi to make for her in grays and blacks. On the rare occasion that she sticks her neck out in public, one can find Mao wearing some kind of crazy outfit that has once again been left to Takumi's design, or more likely, more standard WAE wear...typically pants and baggy stuff she can use to hide her identity, but she really doesn't like to stick herself out there too much, as she's the one who makes sure Takumi remembers to eat and takes care of a younger boy she basically adopted years ago. Her skin, much like Takumi's, is olive toned and clear, and with her straight, shoulder-length light brown hair and almond-shaped bronze-ish eyes, she can (and often does) fall easily into playing the role of Takumi's sister. She's typically found wearing black flats with her dresses, and a single dark blue ribbon in her hair, tied into a bow that leans heavily to the left side of her head. On the off chance a WAE official asks about it, she tends to play dumb and is known for just shrugging and (barely) bothering to reply that she's always worn it and doesn't even remember its real color.
Personality: Mao is a mother at heart; no matter what Takumi and Hanbei tell you. She is the glue that holds their odd little Deviant family together--she makes sure Takumi remembers to eat and pesters him to take breaks while also making sure Hanbei is doing alright, and teaching him about this or that in the process. She loves writing stories and reading them to Hanbei (and Takumi, when she can get him out of the basement) aloud, as well as cooking, though she does nothing better than writing stories, and she knows it. She's extremely protective of her little "family," particularly Hanbei, and often takes up a teasing attitude towards Takumi's defense, seeing as she and Hanbei met him when he was being cornered by a WAE official for not curbing his creativeness before heading out into public, but that doesn't mean you'll get off easily with threatening him, either. Go ahead, hint you want to hurt either one of the young men Mao lives with--she's quite likely to beat the crap out of you for it if she isn't home; and if they're home, chances are, you're getting stabbed. Despite her violence at the first sign you're even thinking about harming her "brothers", Mao is actually pretty kind once she's sure you aren't WAE, she's easy to smile and laugh, and generally stays in a good mood unless something serious come up. While it's not her specialty (like cooking and fighting aren't either), Mao also has a thing for singing...and books. Where Takumi is a fabric hoader, Mao is a bit of a book hoarder, and has amassed a decent collection of them in her closet.
Background: Mao grew up the single daughter of two loving parents. Her mother was a kind elementary school teacher who loved poetry of all kinds while her father was a businessman, and they both shared their love of creativity with their daughter--her mother through poetry, her father through sharing creative pitches and advertising with her. It was because of them that their daughter grew to be a kind-hearted girl and lead her to practically beg her mother to take home a four year-old boy whose parents had not come to pick him up from school on day and didn't bother to answer the phone when the school attempted to call them. She quickly took a liking to the boy, whose name was Hanbei, and loved acting as his older sister. When she found out that, as long as he wanted to, Hanbei could stay with her family, it took everything Mao had not to run up and down the halls of the family home cheering. Unfortunately, her happiness didn't last; Mao's parents fell to the WAE after about a year, leaving Mao to decide fleeing was better than living with people who cared about nothing, so she and Hanbei shoved what little they could of importance and necessity to them in their school backpacks and ran.

Life on the streets was rough, but Mao and Hanbei managed decently with their combined skills as a Tungz and Scribz, which manifested in full during this time. Their lives changed, however, on a cold November day nearly five years later, when they were out shopping with their store of pickpocketed money. They were walking on the sidewalk when they heard a commotion coming from a back alley, not having heard arguing in a long time, the pair went to investigate--much their surprise, they found a young man not much older than Mao dressed a bit too brightly for WAE taste being backed into a corner by a WAE official. Knowing he wasn't like the other "brain-dead" people out there, Mao took action before she could think, running up behind the official and using the scarf she was wearing to blind him before Hanbei stepped in, worrying she would get hurt, and firmly directed the man to calm down and leave them alone. Much to the other young man's amazement, he did, and even allowed Mao to keep him blindfolded and push him to the edge of the alley before she released him and he walked away without a backward glance. This left them with the odd young man, whom they started sort of a silent stare-off with before he finally broke and told them he'd never seen anyone do something that amazing before, and invited them to "his house" for dinner. Finding out they were living on the streets, Takumi invited them to live with him, and they have been ever since. During this time, she has since accumulated a ton of books from scavenging houses the WAE for some reason just left, as well as a pair of katana, which hang on the wall of the house, by the door.
Skills:
Word Artist-Mao has a love of descriptions...descriptions so detailed most people find the picture she's describing forming in their heads She also finds it easy to come up with mental imagery based on descriptions.
Text Memory-If she's read it, chances are, Mao can remember the words exactly; however the ability is more a neat trick to make a game out of than anything else at the moment...one that's saved their lives a time or two, and comes in handy when she has to fight, or wants to cook something new without dragging out a recipe book.
  • Please note that Mao will use a combination of both to her advantage and use book descriptions of fight scenes and old self defense book instructions she's gone over to fuel her ability to defend Hanbei and Takumi...in the past, she also used the ability to learn how to pickpocket.

Sona Sheet:
Name: Kunoichi
Age: Mentally? XD Probably 10 in most cases, though she looks 19 or so.
Species: Human (Ninja)
Appearance: Kunoichi-NOT MINE!
Kunoichi is a fit young woman, and though it's not very ninja-like, she somehow manages to do a pretty good job of, well, doing her job. She doesn't wear much armor so it won't drag her down, and with speed like hers, she's known for actually teasing her opponents into trying to hit her when she's not on a stealth mission. She's often described as looking more childish because of her trademark auburn ponytail and warm gray eyes, which are almost always backlit with amusement.
Personality: Though she looks older, and happens to be the Sona of a motherly young woman, Kunoichi often acts childishly, rarely ever able to stay perfectly still or follow directions to a T like she should. Bright and cheerful on top of this, Kunoichi isn’t exactly your average ninja. Not only is it made apparent by her outfit choice, but her attitude makes it even more apparent. She loves to joke around with everyone and make fun of those she doesn’t like…and even some she does like, though it never interferes with her enormous sense of loyalty to those she considers her friends. Once she considers you a friend, Kunoichi will do anything for you, though you have to be able to put up with her obnoxiousness first. She has a love of high places, and can often be found hanging out in trees when alone, she also likes to stargaze, and it's one of the few times you'll find her sitting still.
Information: Kunoichi was created when Mao started reading adventure books at a young age as a sort of heroine character, and was steadily built upon from there. Eventually she became a ninja as Mao became more and more fascinated with the stealthy assassins over the year, though colorful anime ninjas and video game portrayals of female ninjas drastically skewed her appearance, and Mao's own hate of the monochromatic outfits made her more and more brightly colored. Her personality was brought over from Mao's childhood, making her more energetic and loud-mouthed, though she's fairly similar to her deviant in many ways. Her fighting ability boosted in the time Mao started reading up on self-defense after she and Hanbei hit the streets. When the WAE appeared, Kunoichi began fighting back as best she could, determined to stay herself, and she's hovered between Ahaelos and Inanu in doing so.
Abilities:
Speed Demon-Kunoichi relies mostly on her speed, as the forearm-length pair of blades (one pictured) she tends to fight with don't do much damage with one hit--so she has to get in as many hits in as she can in a matter of moments.
Seeing Double-Kunoichi can make visual clones of herself, and use them to taught enemies or distract them...however they aren't very durable and fall to attacks quickly.
Shared Memory-On occasions, Kunoichi will catch a snatch of Mao's massive memory of text, typically something that ends up helping her in times of danger when she's not quite sure what to do, other times just randomly, though she's learned to remember the bits of text that come to mind, because they almost always seem to prove useful later on.
Other:

The Ball of Sunshine
Name: Hanbei
Appearance: Unlike his two caretakers, Hanbei's hair is nearly black, and shaggy as can be, falling just past his nose in most places. His bangs are always falling over his eyes, which are childish and a warm brown in color, Mao is always brushing them out of the way, and it's one of the few things she does that he'll put up a fuss over. His skin is a bit more pale than Mao's or Takumi, which is obvious when they're all together, though they still try to pass him off as their little brother. He's most often seen wearing various pairs of pajama pants and plain shirts, possibly covered in cat hair, as he rarely gets to leave their home and is always coaxing stray kitties into the house, as well as a smile on his lips. He's a bit shorter than Mao at 5' 4", and stick thin...something typically hidden by the fact it's not uncommon for him to be wrapped up in a fuzzy bathrobe or a blanket. When he does get out of the house, however, he can be found wearing simple pairs of jeans, plain sneakers, and various plain shirts under a black hooded jacket.
Personality: Hanbei is almost always cheerful, like he doesn't know how to not be happy, at least outwardly. He uses this outward happiness to keep spirits up among his little "family," especially when they could really use some cheer. He can be a bit of a complex thinker sometimes, and when he really gets into thinking hard, he can say some of the strangest things...and he's got a tendency to think about things way too much, particularly when they concern other people. He loves Mao and Takumi like they're the older siblings and parents he never really had; Mao a bit moreso than Takumi, as she's not only been around him longer, but also because she's around him more, as opposed to Takumi, who spends most of his time holed up in the basement. He absolutely adores cats, and tries to coax strays inside without being seen all the time, where he can play with them and feed them, as he sees them to be a bit like Deviants, and while he complains that Mao doesn't let him outside often enough, when he does go outside, he often acts shy and stays close by her if he isn't trying to practically hide behind her. He also loves learning new things and always seems to be cold.
Background: Hanbei was born one of those kids who got sick or hurt easily, to parents who didn't really care much for him. That's why when he was four, he wasn't surprised his parents simply didn't come to pick him up from school one day. His parents were early, easy WAE victims, not that he knew it at the time--he just knew he didn't feel hurt when his mother nor his father came to pick him up one day, leaving him to sit in the school's office, secretaries wondering what to do with him until a girl walked by with her mother, who happened to be a teacher. Discovering that the boy's parents obviously weren't coming to get him, the girl took it upon herself to practically beg her mother to take him with them "just for that night" while things got sorted out... Just for the night ended up becoming "for the rest of your life, if you want," as his parents were ruled to be unfit guardians for him and the teacher's family took him in. The girl who became his adoptive sister was a ten year-old, tenderhearted girl named Mao, who was just as caring as her mother and took him in as her "little brother" readily, easily including him into everything she did, and sharing all the stories she wrote with him. Hanbei enjoyed life with Mao and her family, unfortunately, it couldn't last; Mao's parents fell to the WAE after about a year, leaving Mao to decide fleeing was better than living with people who cared about nothing, so she and Hanbei shoved what little they could of importance and necessity to them in their school backpacks and ran.

Life on the streets was rough, but Mao and Hanbei managed decently with their combined skills as a Tungz and Scribz, as well as Mao's decent fighting skills. Their lives changed, however, on a cold November day nearly five years later, when they were out shopping with their store of pickpocketed money. They were walking on the sidewalk when they heard a commotion coming from a back alley, not having heard arguing in a long time, the pair went to investigate--much their surprise, they found a young man not much older than Mao dressed a bit too brightly for WAE taste being backed into a corner by a WAE official. Knowing he wasn't like the other "brain-dead" people out there, Mao took action before she could think, running up behind the official and using the scarf she was wearing to blind him before Hanbei stepped in, worrying she would get hurt, and firmly directed the man to calm down and leave them alone. Much to the other young man's amazement, he did, and even allowed Mao to keep him blindfolded and push him to the edge of the alley before she released him and he walked away without a backward glance. This left them with the odd young man, whom they started sort of a silent stare-off with before he finally broke and told them he'd never seen anyone do something that amazing before, and invited them to "his house" for dinner. Finding out they were living on the streets, Takumi invited them to live with him, and they have been ever since.
Skills:
Hanbei has a handful of basic skills he's learned from Mao and Takumi, such as cooking, incredibly neat penmanship, and how to work a sewing machine, as well as a miniscule amount of self defense from Mao, but that's not really what we're talking about here, are we?
Connotation-Hanbei has a habit of putting feeling into his words, and he's not the only one who feels when he speaks--the feelings he puts into his words often evoke emotions in others, it would make him a fantastic public speaker...if her ever spoke in public.
Suggestion-Hanbei can be very commanding when he wants to be...typically when he feels he or someone he's close to is being threatened, and that's when he works best, "suggesting" to the danger into quick submission and typically sending them on their merry way, unable to remember what they were doing before and not aware they were just ordered around by a sickly boy.
The Right Words-He might have inherited it from listening to Laila so much, but Hanbei is good at finding the right words to say in the right way, at just the right time.

And His Feathered Friend
Name: Laila
Species: Feathered Cougar
Appearance: Possibly one of the more interesting Sonas with a mixed appearance, Laila has the body shape of a normal cougar, however she sports a coat of feathers rather than fur. Her feather coat resembles that of a swan's in color, almost solid white, with the exception of the area around her muzzle and around her pale blue eyes, which are covered in black feathers.
Personality: Laila is a very warm and calming presence, much like Mao, but in Sona form...and she's Hanbei's Sona rather than Mao's. She's a fairly peaceful creature, though if others are at risk, she isn't afraid to step in in the slightest, and doesn't mind answering the questions of strangers in the slightest. She has a fondness for high places and listening to others talk, which might seem strange, but she's less of a singer, more of an inspirational speaker, much in that same way her Deviant is, albeiat with different methods. She often comes across as calm and composed, sometimes even distant, but she knows when she needs to focus.
Information: Laila was first created out of Hanbei's love for cats as a kid, and started out small, but she grew and evolved as her deviant did. Eventually Hanbei fell in love with big cats and she took on the form of a cougar, and she really isn't quite sure of when her feathers began to replace fur. She's got a stronger bond with Hanbei than most Sonas have with their Deviants, as she's been a bit of a wanderer most of her life, with mostly Hanbei's thoughts to keep her company, as he's spent most of his life sleeping or zoning out from boredom when Mao isn't around and Takumi is holed up in the basement, so they've had a lot of time to talk. When the WAE took over, Hanbei was young, but Laila went to working against the Antitivity when she found them on occasion. She's developed a close relationship with Hanbei over the years and wandered around Nexen ever since, helping her Deviant find the right words to say and cheering him up on bad days.
Abilities:
The Right Words-Laila has a habit of knowing what to say, and when to say it. She's not afraid of speaking up, and she certainly won't sugarcoat things, but she still has a way of making people feel better.
Animal Instinct-She might be sentient and capable of speaking, but Laila is still a cougar at heart, and will not hesitate to use her claws and teeth when she feels in danger.
Other: Fun fact-Mao, Kunoichi, and Hanbei are based on character's from Koei's Samurai Warriors Chronicles game; Mao being loosely based on the player character, Kunoichi and Hanbei being based on charaters in the games with the same names.

Last edited by Winter; 10-02-2012 at 05:05 AM.