Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra
Default Beartic Tundra vs. Velocity -- Velocity wins by DQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
- Single Battle, Three Pokemon each
- DQ: Five days
- Damage Caps: None. Pansies.
- Restrictions: No flipping Toxic.
- Arena: Castle of Night
It's a big, long castle hall made of gray stone walls and lined with elegant tapestries that depict kings and wars and knights fighting Druddigons. The middle of the hall is dominated by a huge fountain, which is constantly spraying water and sparks of prismatic magic, which float randomly around the room and pass through all that they touch. Above the fountain, a hole had been ripped in the ceiling. Through this, the cosmos are visible as if one were in a rocket ship. The castle shifts constantly, as though it were floating in a sea - or a sea of stars...
- Ref Style: Open
I'll kick things off with Gaia.

[Gaia] Roselia (F)
Ability: Poison Point
Sig Move: None

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-05-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: [Open] Beartic Tundra vs. Velocity

I choose...

[Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third] Cryogonal (F)
Ability: Levitate

All right, Princess. Let's see a Bind. Then, use Ice Beam. However, if they Protect/Detect on the second turn, use Acid Armor instead.

Bind ~ Ice Beam/Acid Armor

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 07-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Alrighty. Let's switch for Alessa, then use High Jump Kick.

[Alessa] Mienshao (F)
Ability: Regenerator

Shiva

Old 07-10-2011, 09:00 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Though the battle outside was fierce, it was surprisingly peaceful inside the hall. The water fountain continued its spray of water and magic despite the fact that all the warriors in the world seemed to be camped outside, trying to break in and steal its magic. However, one of the warriors had already made it into the castle, even into the very hall containing the fountain. Beartic Tundra approached it boldly, ready to claim it for his nation and king; his Roselia, Gaia, walked beside him with an almost arrogant air. Then, another figure appeared, stepping around the fountain to confront him – this was Velocity, one of the king’s best knights, who was sworn to protect the fountain and the castle at any cost. Behind her floated her pokémon, Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third, a Cryogonal who had been its trainers faithful companion through many a battle. I peeked out from behind one of the many tapestries – I didn’t have any pokémon to join the battle with, but I could watch them battle for a while.

Round One

Beartic Tundra

[Gaia] Roselia (F)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Feeling arrogant
Moves: Switch (Mienshao) ~ Hi Jump Kick

Velocity

[Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third] Cryogonal (X)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Ready to defend its home
Moves: Bind ~ Ice Beam/Acid Armour

While Gaia had done an excellent job getting Beartic into the castle, especially getting the guards to fall asleep, however a battle with one of the castle’s defenders would need a more offensive choice of pokémon. The attacker took a poké ball from his belt and used it to recall his flowery friend; the Roselia was turned to red energy and pulled back into the red and white ball. Now her trainer took a similar ball, although this one was marked with a fist, and threw it into the air between himself and Velocity; a long, thin fighting-type appeared. Her whiskers twitched and she looked around, seeing pictures of knights and Druddigon everywhere. Eventually, she faced her opponent, just in time to see an attack hit her.

While Beartic had been deciding in which pokémon to use, Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third had been preparing its first attack. Tilting onto her side, like a Frisbee, it used its sharp edges to cut pieces of tapestry from the walls; using the broken threads, it formed several chains, which it reinforced with ice. It fired each of the ribbons at Lyssa shortly after she was released from her poké ball; they wrapped around her, constricting her movement and stopping her from escaping the battle as Gaia had.

Nevertheless, the weasel was not put off by the lack of ability to move – she even managed to find a way to use it as an advantage. She jumped high into the air above the Cryogonal before flipping over and using the constricting bands of thread to guide her back to the target. Although Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third did try and avoid the attack, the whip fighter managed to hit it, making her crash hard into the ground. The kick hurt the oversized snowflake a lot – it couldn’t even levitate properly for a while. However, the icy warrior was soon back and ready to fight, even though it was a little sore still.

I shivered as the temperature in the hall dropped a little – it seemed that Velocity’s Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third was going to go on the offensive any time soon. Sure enough, crackling white energy soon formed a ball in front of the battered ice-type. Without a moment’s hesitation, the Cryogonal fired a precise beam at her belligerent opponent, hoping to cause as much damage as possible. The attack hit the Mienshao’s chest while she struggled against her bonds. It chilled her to the very bone so that she trembled uncontrollably; the cold did leave, however once it did, the crystallizing pokémon took the opportunity to tighten Lyssa’s bonds, making her squirm in pain. This round had been difficult for both combatants but the battle was only just beginning – it could only get better from here.

Beartic Tundra

[Lyssa] Mienshao (F)

HP: 73%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Hadn’t expected to take such a beating; bound (2 more rounds)

Velocity

HP: 59%
Energy: 91%
Condition: Really quite sore

Notes
Switch- (Roselia switched for Mienshao)
Bind- (Rolled 47/100, 85 or less to hit; rolled 5/8, effect lasts for 3 rounds; Cryogonal -2% Energy; Mienshao -2% HP)
Hi Jump Kick- (Rolled 88/100, 90 or less to hit; Mienshao -12% Energy; Cryogonal -41% HP)
Ice Beam- (Rolled 7/10, 1 to freeze; Cryogonal -7% Energy; Mienshao -20% HP)
Bind- (Mienshao -5% HP)

Arena Notes
Some of the tapestries have been torn.

Team Notes
Beartic Tundra
3 Pokémon remaining
Velocity
3 Pokémon remaining
Old 07-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Use Aura Sphere. If she protects, use Meditate.

Aura Sphere/Meditate~Aura Sphere/Meditate

Shiva

Old 07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Velocity, you have 24 hours to post your moves or you will be DQ'd.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Not going to be around much this week or possibly next; I have some fun art classes this week and a VBS to help with next week.
^ Was posted a week or so ago.

At any rate, let's not take this sitting down. I'll send in Mr. Troll.

[Mr. Troll] Wobbuffet (M)
Ability: Shadow Tag

Switch, and then use Mirror Coat.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:52 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Two

Beartic Tundra

[Lyssa] Mienshao (F)

HP: 73%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Hadn’t expected to take such a beating; Bound
Moves: Aura Sphere/Meditate ~ Aura Sphere/Meditate

Velocity

Energy: 91%
Condition: Really quite sore
Moves: Switch (Wobbuffet) ~ Mirror Coat

I peeked out from my hiding place to see that Velocity was pulling a poké ball from her pocket. A beam of red light hit Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third and pulled it back into the ball, where it could be stored safely. The defending knight struggled to keep a straight face as she pulled another ball from the pocket and tossed it into the air. Light spilled out, taking the form of a creature with one foot, a flat tail and slanting eyes. Beartic cursed when he saw the Wobbuffet take form; everyone knew that Velocity loved using her opponent’s strength against them and a Wobbuffet was one of the best pokémon to use for that strategy. This seemed to be about to turn into a very interesting battle.

Lyssa wasn’t at all disheartened and so launched herself into her next attack. Closing her eyes, she was able to focus on her opponent’s aura and build up her own. A ball of rapidly spinning energy grew between the weasel’s furry paws. She fired the orb at Wobbuffet as soon as she was sure it would hit; the attack hit the Patience Pokémon, making him wobble a little. Mr. Troll looked at his opponent – he wasn’t hurt as such but wanted to get back at her all the same.

But before that, Lyssa got another chance to strike him. She had kept her eyes closed after her last attack and continued to build up energy in the palm of her paw; a second sphere grew and was fired at Mr. Troll, who was helpless to avoid the attack. He watched the attack come at him with a large grin on his face, which unnerved the Mienshao slightly. The ball smashed into his face and made him rock back and forth a couple of times as he began to glow.

A white glow surrounded the Wobbuffet as he wobbled; the hit he had taken hadn’t been a big one but it would be good to reflect it and cause a bit of trouble for this cocky weasel. His two bandy arms shot out in front of him as an orb, similar to the one he’d been hit with, grew between them. A second passed while this ball of white energy came up to a decent size, it flew through the air, hitting Lyssa’s narrow chest. She was forced back across the cold, grey flagstones until she was stopped by the chords of tapestry which now bound her to Mr. Troll; the ropes tightened around her, squeezing more of the life out of her. This didn’t seem to be going well for the Mienshao at the moment – maybe the next round would be better.

Beartic Tundra

[Lyssa] Mienshao (F)

Energy: 72%
Condition: What happened there? Bound (1 more round)

Velocity

[Mr. Troll] Wobbuffet (M)

HP: 86%
Energy: 95%
Condition: Hehehe

Notes
Switch- (Cryogonal switched for Wobbuffet)
Aura Sphere- (Mienshao -8% Energy; Wobbuffet -7% HP)
Aura Sphere- (Mienshao -8% Energy; Wobbuffet -7% HP)
Mirror Coat- (Wobbuffet -5% Energy; Mienshao -14% HP)

Arena Notes
None

Team Notes
Bertic Tundra
3 Pokémon remaining
Velocity
3 Pokémon remaining
Cryogonal: 59% HP, 91% Energy

Velocity will post her moves first.

Last edited by KantoBreeder; 07-22-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Actually, Mienshao did not lose any HP due to Bind. The effect of bind ends when the user leaves the field.

Shiva

Old 07-22-2011, 07:08 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartic Tundra View Post
Actually, Mienshao did not lose any HP due to Bind. The effect of bind ends when the user leaves the field.
Fixed. Sorry about that.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Use Safeguard. Follow it up with Counter. If she goes for a special move, use Mirror Coat instead.

Safeguard ~ Counter/Mirror Coat

Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Alright Lyssa! Use U-turn, and switch with Gaia. Then, if she gets a move, she will use Growth.

U-turn (Gaia)~Growth

Shiva

Old 08-12-2011, 06:04 PM
White Knight Offline

Default Re: Beartic Tundra vs. Velocity

Claim; expect it today 8D

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 08-12-2011, 08:06 PM
paperfairy Offline