Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:27 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Nexen [RP]

Allen Whiteflower, Shiba Set, and Argeno Balk
Deviant Tungz, Tattu, and Graphix
Now entering San Francisco, California(USA)
ARPers: Velocity(Daniel and Domini

Argeno was expecting almost anything with a Deviant on the loose, but he wasn't expecting the kid to bolt out in the middle of the road. He cursed loudly, slamming the brakes as hard as he possibly could, jerking the wheel to the right as hard as he possibly could, causing the truck to skid, turning as it did while protesting in a screeching of wheels and Argeno's order of "Door, get the door for him!" As he saw the boy seemingly had someone in pursuit of him. Even if he wasn't a Deviant, Al could make him forget everything, but at the moment, the situation seemed to clearly point him out as a fellow Deviant. Shiba cursed just as loudly as Argeno, unbuckling both her and Al's seatbeats before ducking and shoving the door open for the boy to get in.

"Get in the freaking truck if you want to get away and live--NOW!" She shouted, grabbing Al's tiny form and picking her up off the seat so that Shiba could slide under her and place the smaller girl on her lap to allow the boy to get in the truck with them. The whole time this was going on, Argeno was willing them to hurry up and muttering 'Black windows and blurry license plate, black windows and blurry license plate, black windows..." over and over like a mantra and concentrating hard on what he wanted the boy's pursuer to see--opaque blackness where the windows were and a random license plate image so as to give them enough time to switch cars without having the entire state after them. He would really miss this truck, but Deviant's lives were more important than a truck, he supposed. With that, Argeno waited, still muttering his mantra and concentrating, his foot on the pedal, ready to go as soon as the boy was in. Al sat in Shiba's lap looking slightly confused, but she didn't say anything, only watched the boy with those big, almost-blue eyes of hers, pulling up her hoodie's extreme turtleneck up further..

Shiri Namida, Kari Penn, and Silverstreak Watermark
Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone fighting the Antivity

Suddenly the action was erupting around them, Veza engulfed the girls with her wings, forming into a ball around them to take them into the middle of the fight. "Silverstreak, sepearate one we're on the ground." Kari muttered while Shiri closed her eyes a moment, concentrating briefly on what she knew she had to do. These were Antivity, they were lost, and if they didn't do something, they would all be lost as well. She had Al to help, Shiri refused to let herself fall, and she would help to prevent everyone else she could from falling as well.

"Kari, you might want to cover your ears when we get let out. I'm going straight for a shrill blast." Shiri warned softly before they were suddenly spilled out into the light and onto the street. Kari's hands flew to her ears, covering them as best she could while performing a jerky lean backwards that seemed to free Silverstreak's head from her own, and as he came loose from her face, the rest of him deatched from her, silver webbing the formed his wings seeping through her jacket's sleeves without damaging them and uncoiling the rest of his body from hers until his tail, which remained firmly anchored to her ankle. Above them, Veza fought off some attacking Antivity, and Shiri looked up at her. "Here goes, be ready for some really loud noise!" Shiri warned, her voice booming much louder then it would normally have been and hopefully it reached everyone, because then Shiri sucked in a deep breath and let out a godawful screeching sound that it would have seemed impossible for her to produce. As she did, her arms appeared to lose their color at the elbow and her arms lengthened while her hands grew in size, becoming a pair of claws rather than fingers; if she had to fight, then so be it--she would.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 10-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Salem Cristobal Zabaleta
Deviant Paletz
Apparently off of Highway 5, USA
ARPers: Saraibre Ryu

It had been some time since I arrived at the Gas station. I didn't have much to do as I waited for the bread to be ready. I just walked back and forth, waiting, and hoping nothing horrible was going to happen. Really hoping that my instincts wouldn't have tricked me this time. I pulled my motorcycle closer to the fire and sat right next to it. I knew the bread was almost done, but I still didn't know why I was making it in the first place.

That when I heard a strange sound, another motor vehicle. My heart jumped instantly 'cause I knew it could be trouble, but I didn't hide or move away. I just waited there, silently watching over the bread but panicking on the inside. I knew that whoever it was, WAE or Deviant, would immediately find me due to the smell of the bread.

"Excuse me," I heard someone say.

I slowly looked at her. My fear of who it might be was obviously shown in my face. This one time, I had no poker face to hide it. As I looked at the person before me, my eyes instantly locked in to her bandana. That wasn't black she was wearing, but, if she was a WAE, maybe she just couldn't tell what color it was. I thought I had to take a chance. I was thinking that, if she was WAE, she would have probably had me arrested just for being near the source of the smell that probably guided him there.

After realizing I had been staring at her for a few seconds now I shook my head, smiled and said, "Oh, sorry, sorry. Hello! Would you like some bread?"

I put my hand behind my apron, quickly pulling out an oven mitt I had hidden there. I removed the mixing bowl revealing the now fully cooked bread.

"It's not my best since I had to make it in these conditions, but, I was hoping to share it with someone."

I was still nervous, but I was more calm at that moment. It was hard to tell her likes with her dressed like that, but I was pretty sure I saw on her face one thing, at least at that moment, she couldn't say know to free food. I hoped I was right.

As I waited for his answer, I heard a familiar voice calling, and calling anxiously.

Salem?...HEY SALEM!!

"Huh? Dare? You okay?"

"Well...yeah! But I have a battle ahead, remember?!"

"Salem, I'm about to go into battle right now actually. I'll need your help."

"I understand. Please start without me. I'll help as soon as I can. I promise."

"But you..." "Understood. I'll be moving ahead."

Dare Dare Haru
Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone in the fight with the Antitivities.

"We have to wait just a little bit longer," said the white Tasmanian Devil as he saw his other half tapping his foot impatiently.

"Ugh...wait...Everyone else already jumped in. When is it my turn?!" complained the black one as his tapping switched to stomping the ground.

"Well, if you can contact Salem, I guess you can go ahead."

"Well fine!"

At that moment, Dark Dare began to concentrate.

Salem?...HEY SALEM!!

"Huh? Dare? You okay?"

"Well...yeah! But I have a battle ahead, remember?!"

"Salem, I'm about to go into battle right now actually. I'll need your help."

"I understand. Please start without me. I'll help as soon as I can. I promise."

"But you..." "Understood. I'll be moving ahead."

"What!?"

"Isn't that what you wanted? Let's go."

Light Dare began running towards the battle. His brother just grinned and ran right pass him. As he neared the battle zone, he didn't begin attacking quite yet. Instead, Light Dare kept beating his drum even faster until one of his drumsticks flipped off his hand into the air.

He stretched his art upwards and grabbed the stick again whispering, "Ode to Battle...for creativity."

As he finished saying that, he began to play the drum again. The same song as before, only that this time the song was a bit faster, louder. An energy suddenly burst out of the drums and into the air mixing with the song. It even seemed that instead of breaking or being broken by Shiri's screech, the song was actually phasing through it somehow. At that moment, Dark Dare felt filled with energy himself.

Still playing the drum, both of Dare's selves. Normally they would have been paralyzed by Shiri's screech, but the energy they now felt somehow made them endure it. They headed toward one of the Antitivities. It looked rather shapeless, colorless, like a grey blob squirming inside their signature armor, moving it around. It was odd seeing a that between a group of animal Sonas. Maybe it was an experiment gone wrong? Or maybe a surprise by the WAE. It seemed to be immobilized by the screech either way, so Dark Dare immediately pulled out his sword and jumped in for a strike, but the blob pushed a piece of armor in the way, blocking Dare's attack.

They are not going to make this too easy for us.

They never do.

Dark Dare jumped back and sprinted towards the blob with even more speed. Still, he had to keep his eyes open. After all, this wasn't a duel, but war. Thankfully, he also had his other self there to see for him.

OOC: Dare's song should boost energy and, hopefully, help the other Sonas endure Shiri's screech better. And, no, the whole "for creativity" part wasn't for dramatic effect. It means that the song will only affect Sonas who are currently fighting for that goal. Oh, and Narphoenix, sorry for stealing that line from you. It just fits so well is all. ^^;

Last edited by Eraizaa-kun; 10-30-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:07 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Daniel Redrock and Drauvant Domini
Alignment: Deviant - Grafix and WAE - Tungz
ARPers: Winter_Cherry (Allen Whiteflower, Shiba Set, and Argeno Balk)

Daniel froze up for a second, staring back at Al and Shiba, dimly aware that he had come very, very close to being killed. Then he shook his head. He was clearly being offered a spot in the truck, and being in the truck meant being faster than his pursuer by a margin of a lot. He ran forward and hopped into the open seat, slamming the door shut behind him.

"Thanks," he panted with breathless gratitude. He glanced nervously out the window. The WAE was getting to his feet, and the look on his face permanently wrote a new definition of 'cold, murderous fury' into Daniel's mind. Daniel frankly could see why he was upset... But this was a little extreme, especially considering that Daniel was the victim.

"Can we please hurry?" Daniel asked meekly. "Because if we don't I doubt we'll be alive much longer."

Cyrus Nelvenmig and Fury
Alignment: For the Deviants
ARPers: Those fighting the Antivity.

Fury lifted her head to the sky and raised a lioness's roar to the heavens, answering the shriek with the sound of her ear pain. A couple of the Antitivity turned their heads to the lioness and the Lumanx, and a samurai-esque Sona rushed at the newcomers. Fury snarled and leaped at the samurai, raking his armor with slashing claws. He managed to knock her off and he turned on her, blade lifted. However, Cyrus was on the Sona in a heartbeat, sinking long fangs into the samurai's throat.

"Where," Cyrus growled, is your bushido now?"

Without waiting for an answer he sailed into battle. Fury followed in a heartbeat. Around her, on her side, she could see an odd blue ball, a massive dragon-like war machine, and two humans, one who appeared to be sprouting claws. Fury would have thought it a doomed fight against over a score of Antitivity, but the dragon was a natural killer, breaking everything it touched. Feeling confident, Fury sprang into ethereality, dematerializing every part of her except her claws. She began her favored trick: leaping from Sona to Sona with nothing but claws exposed, slashing them to bits while she was almost impune.

Cyrus, meanwhile, was running over to help the dragon - one of the Antitivity, an odd, serpentine creature, was sneaking up on it. He grasped the serpent in his fangs and tossed it at a vicious wolf. Cyrus turned toward the dragon. As he caught sight of its face, one thought rang in his mind.

I know you!

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 11-03-2011, 05:40 AM
Sylver Offline

Aria Charmes
Deviant Enginez
Outskirts of San Franciso, California, USA
ARPers: Everyone in the beat-up red truck

"What the?!" Was all Aria could say as she was almost thrown from the underside of the truck, scrabbling to keep herself from bashing into anythin that would most likely kill her or, at the very least, leave her unconscious. Grumbling to herself, she slowly moved out from under as she saw some Deviant kid leap into the front seat. Seeing her opportunity, she hopped into the back and ran right to the window.

"Drive!" She yelled with all sense of urgency as she glaned at the person the boy was running from, hoping that he was not WAE, though all proper brain function advised otherwise. Her mind now flooded with thought as plan of action after plan of action ran through her brain. She could almost feel the strength Inshur was receiving from this flood of creativity...

Inshur
Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Umecit Antitivity fight participants

/Damn! Aria, what's going on here! Your mental activity is overwhelming!/ Inshur tried to ask her, but to no avail. Sighing, she pivoted the heel of her boots and cut another Antitivity Sona, hearing a loud screech, but also faint drumming, which seemed to reduce the noise she heard from it. Whatever happened, the Antitivity seemed to be bothered by it, so she hopped over, taking off and flying towards two Sona's who looked almost perfectly identical, save for the inverted colors.

"Whatever you two are doing, keep doing it!" She smiled as she called, landing near them and fending off against a small Antitivity Sona that looked like a pangolin with hedgehog traits.

Wanna try your hand at an Interactive Adventure? Come try What is Darkness?
Old 11-06-2011, 04:25 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Off of Highway 5, USA
ARPer's: Erai

Being offered bread behind a gas station by a random stranger was certainly not on my expectations list. Then again anything could happen and usually random stuff like this was good news. Plus, it was free food…then again it could have been poisoned…there were so many things to consider. Still, no one made bread of that caliber that was WAE…however maybe this person was trying to trap a WAE and bring them to their senses? I’m starting to think my head drawls on a bit too much.

I removed my helmet and sat down on the ground, figuring what the hell. This guy was cheery, showing more emotion than a crowd of WAE affected. I wondered if he noticed my bandana was midnight blue. He seemed to be staring for some reason. Maybe out of shock, but then he went a bit quiet. I knew that was a good sign, this guy seemed to be a Deviant. He was more emotional, even the grey clothing wasn’t typical, for some reason. It wasn’t dull and lifeless, though monochrome in the past ould be seen as such, here, there was a difference. I waited until he was finished possibly talking to his Sona before speaking again.

“May as well. Haven’t had a decent meal in awhile.”

I took a knife from my back pocket and cut the steaming loaf. I ignored the fact it was hot bread out of a fire, though I helped I was wearing my bike gloves to prevent any burns. I looked at it; the smell was wonderful and just looking at it seemed like art. I slowly took a bite of it.

To be honest, it was the best thing I had tasted in a few months. My mind couldn’t comprehend what it was all at the time, besides absolutely amazing. Still, I ate slowly, but at the same time I really wanted to pull out my compact mixing board and portable speakers I had on the back of my bike and start playing something. I continued eating slowly, and by the time I was more than halfway through the piece, I heard Veza’s voice in my head.

‘…the hell that come from?’

‘I’m eating real food Veza. Not dulled down crap. Actual food. Homemae…or rather behind a gas station made bread.’

‘…I’ll ask later, but whaever it was…helped me out a lot just now.’

I would ask later, I knew Veza was in a fight. I looked at the stranger, still having the bread in my one hand.

“Are you…a Paletz?”

It was a long shot question, as those guys were scarcer, if not just as scarce as Enginez were. I had a strong feeling this guy was.

Veza Ryngsen
Umecit, Nexen
ARPer's: Anyone involved in the Antitivity battle

Hostiles remaining: approximately fifty percent. Many larger objectives completely disabled or annihilated. Engaging in smaller infantry class units.

Veza rolled back into her ball form just as Shiri began to scream, blocking out much of the sound to a point where it didn’t bother her. She could hear a bit of it, but she wasn’t focusing on that, and thus, made herself completely deaf to it. She was a lit with violent flames, literally bowling over smaller humanoids in armor at a fast rate. She went back and forth again, and when she found it time to see her results, she uncurled herself and stood. She didn’t expect Shiri’s screaming to make her stumble just at the sheer volume of it.

My god…that screaming…is…loud…

I had my claws over my ears. It must have been the siren girl who was working with us and my god her Deviant made her a real shout out. Wait…I was thinking like myself…damn that was some powerful noise if she could do THAT. I opened my eyes and saw almost every single Antitivity stumble at the volume of it. This was some hell of a distraction. I used one of my wings to cover up the one side of my head, and had my one hand free to make some things explode. I saw one of the giant Antitivity, and focused hard on it’s one leg. I slowly made a fist, twisting my wrist around and clenching my claws towards my palm. Making something already excited by heat explode at your control wasn’t easy. Eventually though, the entire leg combusted in glorious flame, and literally, without that leg to stand on, it came crashing to the ground, on top of some other WAE infested Sona’s that were just laying on the ground.

…I probably did that damage.

I tried seeing what else I could blow up, as I was lucky my ignition ability involved little movement and more thought. As I concentrated, I felt empowered for some reason, and quite suddenly. I felt it coming from two sources, one from Amiel and another…was that drumming? Figuring everyone wasn’t able to move, I tried talking to Amiel for a moment.

Turns out bread gave me power…that didn’t explain the drumming. I didn’t have time to go look for it, so far we were winning at the moment. The Antivitity was starting to thin out, and as it was, I look in the distance, seeing the blue ball form some sort of stony shield for himself. I had a feeling who he was attacking was someone I didn’t want to be seen by.

Well…seen by and let live anyway.

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 11-06-2011 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:30 AM
Winter Offline

ARPers: Velocity(Daniel and Domini) and Sylver(Aria)

Argeno had his foot on the pedal, he was about to slam it when there was suddenly a girl at the back window, yelling at him to drive. What the heck? Where had she-- "Gas, hon, gas!" Shiba shouted, snapping her boyfriend out of his daze, he glanced back to the girl.

"You'd better--" He started to tell back, but Al didn't let him finish.

"Get down! Gas, NOW!" The smaller girl shrieked, it wasn't a Suggestion, but an order, one that scared Argeno into slamming the gas and causing his 'Clinker' as he called it to roar and shoot forward with enough force to slam everyone in the car against the seat(and in Al's case, Shiba, who gasped as the wind was effectively knocked out of her) and who knew what happened to the girl in the bed. After a moment, Argeno eased off the accelerator only slightly, and began quickly navigating the streets he and the girls all knew so well. As this was going on, a rapid drumbeat that sounded nearly frantic picked up in her earbuds as the song on her MP3 switched. She smiled underneath her hoodie's enlongated collar, how ironic that that would come on now that they were basically running for their lives with two strangers and praying that they wouldn't get caught. With nearly the whole world against them, they were fleeing San Francisco to keep from losing themselves to a world of nothingness. It seemed that now they had revealed themselves to help out one like them, the spotlight certainly was on.

Without bothering to mention to Al that she had started bobbing her head to whatever song was playing on her MP3 player, Shiba reached behind her and yanked the back window of the truck open to address the girl in the truck bed when they were heading towards the Golden Gate bridge, back the way they came. "Would you please enlighten me as to when this truck had a 'Please hitch a ride whenever you feel like it!' sign put on it? He--" She paused to gesture at the boy in the seat next to her, "was invited. I don't even know where the heck you freaking came from!" She called back in annoyance.

"Shiba, dear..." Argeno sighed, but his girlfriend was not going to be calmed down yet.

"You'd better pray to whatever God or gods you believe in that we don't get pulled over because of you hitching a ride in the back, because if we do, the WAE won't kill you--I will!" She snarled, causing Al to turn her head and, unable to really see Shiba's face, pat the young woman's hand.

"Sorry about knocking the wind outta you." The tiny girl said softly, immediately bringing Shiba's attention to her.

"That? Nah, you're fine, you're too light to really do much more damage. For once I'm kinda glad you're tiny." Shiba replied, suddenly more calm and gentle than she had been with Aria. Argeno shook his head and sighed--this was bound to be an interesting trip. First of all, they were going to need a new car since not only had the guy following the boy now in the truck with them probably seem the clinker well enough to put the authorities on them, there was certainly not enough room for them all comfortably in the car as it was now, and the one in the bed would attract too much attention if she was seen...

Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone fighting the Antitivity

It seemed that Shiri's screeching had done it's job, and with that, the Siren stopped her screeching for a breath. Now that their brains were a bit scrambled by the godawful noise, she smiled and motioned for Kari and Silverstreak to go on. "Your turn, you two!" She laughed and Kari grinned, darting over to a nearby light post that no longer worked anyway, dragging Silverstreak behind her, and completely uprooted it.

"Feel like a bit of baseball, little Shiri?" The ponytailed girl asked, and in response Shiri's liquid arms reached out, snatching a smaller, hedgehog-like Antitivity armed with ton of metal spikeson it in their grasp and flinging it with amazing speed in Kari's direction. Much to Shiri's delight, the creature balled up as it flew towards her makeshift bat. Taking over from Shiri, Silverstreak's wings extended and hooked onto the thing's spikes and yanked it even harder towards the light pole. It contacted with a shattering ring of metal-on-metal before flying directly at the side of a larger Antitivity Veza had missed and smashing into it with enough force to bowl the thing over. Most of the creatures had been taken out by the large Dragon Sona, however, and not much was left--especially close to them.

"Should we advance, or do you want us to stay back?" Kari asked as she approached Veza casually, Silverstreak trailing behind her and the light pole still in hand. Shiri, however, had seen Veza'a display with fire and opted to keep her distance.

OOC: Spotlight by Mutemath is what Al's listening to, and I can totally picture that entire section going to this song as a music video in my head.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:33 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Dos
Umetic, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone in battle of Umetic

It was the epitome of violence, elevated to an art.

The 'colonel' did not earn his title for no reason: he fought viciously, trying to step on me with his humongous pillars known as feet with an agility not common to one who weighs several tons. I was almost crushed to death on several occasions. Levitating above him didn't help matters: his trunk got what his feet couldn't. I couldn't get distance because of the antiSonas, although that problem being resolved. The problem was time.

Ooh.

The elephant and the gargoyle made eye contact. The elephant visibly gasped.

That was the last expression on his face.

A long stone javelin ('thrown' by yours truly) pierced his eye. Or, as Greg would put it,"A large sharpened piece of compressed sediment entered through his orbit, pierced though his optical nerve, went through his cerebrum, impaled his cerebellum, and severed his medulla."

Ya, for you anatomy buffs, sorry for the image.

As he fell, I realized just how much energy I had been expending in my fight. And three particularly vicious-looking antiSonas surrounded me, ready for the kill.

I was screwed.

Last edited by narphoenix; 11-07-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Salem Cristobal Zabaleta
Deviant Paletz

As I saw the girl eating the bread and enjoying it so much, I couldn't help but smile as well. It had been such a long time since I was able to cook for someone else. I was about to warn her about how hot it was, but she didn't seem to care.

Eventually she stopped for a moment to ask a question. The way she asked it, it almost looked like she knew the answer already but couldn't believe it.

"Yes, I am," I answered gently.

To be honest, I guess I hadn't considered the fact that there didn't seem to be many Paletz around, then again, Deviants in general didn't seem too common either.

"What about you? You are obviously not WAE," I asked trying to make some conversation while we ate.

As I waited for the answer, I took the other piece of bread and began to eat as well. My mind quickly began to analyze every aspect of it, all the flavor it had, the ingredients, and possibilities for next time, but above all, it began to enjoy it.

"Dare, help is on its way..."

Dare Dare Haru
Umecit, Nexen

Dare's dark half was still fighting this strange blob-like Antitivity. It kept extending its body as sharp tentacles, trying to stab Dare. All he could do is jump around to dodge and it was starting to get really tired some. He wouldn't even be able to dodge all of it if it because he and his light half were sharing their sight.

Light Dare just kept on playing his drums as he wanted to make sure he was giving everyone their best chance. What looked like a phoenix flew by for a moment, telling him to keep up. All Light Dare could do at the moment was flash a smile towards her for a second as he was still in the middle of a fight.

Suddenly, they both felt a rush of energy rushing through their bodies.

"Salem..." whispered Dark Dare.

He grabbed his sword firmly and began to spin and jumped around. It almost looked like he was dancing in the battlefield, but as the antitivity's tentacles began closing in again, he swung his sword with the momentum of each step cutting the tentacles one by one, falling to the floor and apparently being absorbed by the ground.

Light Dare began playing his drum even faster at that moment and just as Dark Dare rushed towards what was left of the blob's body for the final strike, it just somehow melted on its own.

"A fail experiment after all," said Light Dare.

Dark Dare quickly began scanning the area for a new target when something else caught his eye. Rather than a target, it looked like a ball-shaped Sona was in trouble. His eyes locked towards him. Dark Dare tried running towards that area, but he wasn't sure if he could make it in time.

At that moment, both Dare nodded at the same time thinking to each other, "Time for a change of tune."

Light Dare's drum then morphed into a bell which began to float right in front of him.

He focused his energy on it and called, "Song of Lifted Spirits..."

At that moment, the bell began to play a swift melody. Its notes flew almost immediately right pass Dark Dare and towards Dos 'causing wind to pick up. As the song reached him, Dos suddenly disappeared only to reappear a few seconds later behind Light Dare just as the bell stopped playing.

Light Dare felt that his role was now changed as his Bell disappeared and he grabbed his shield. He was now in the middle of a battlefield with no weapons, with a Sona that seemed extremely tired, and with his other half running into a battle further ahead. His only choice at the moment was to protect himself, and probably protect the Sona next to him too.

OOC: The Song of Lifted Spirit was actually composed by a friend of mine, Sandstorm Lavastone, with a little touch here and there by me with her permission. Here it is!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Daniel Redrock and Drauvant Domini

Domini swore, loud and proud, letting out a string of curses that might have made a sailor blush. As the truck motored away, making loud, complaining noises and spitting clouds of noxious smoke that was dark even for WAE eyes, Domini watched, trying to make out the license plate but only able to see the first number. This was fuel on the fire, and his animated swearing grew louder. However, he did manage to get a good glimpse of the car itself, and the odd girl riding in the bed. He whipped out his phone, ready to call backup. He had a strong feeling that the drivers of the truck were Deviants - who else would be abetting a Deviant? And Deviants needed to stop being so Devious... Or simply be forever silenced.

-

Daniel squished himself as far into the seat as possible as the truck roared. He hated cars he hated cars hehatedcars. But then again, when it came down to it, he'd pick an agonizing truck ride over being kidnapped by a WAE official any freaking day.

He could hear one of his rescuers - a girl named Shiba, he was pretty sure - yelling at some girl in the truck bed, but he was too wrapped up in his thoughts to really pay attention. He had no doubt that Cyrus was worried about him. But there was no time to contact Cyrus now - anyway, Daniel really needed to focus on making sure these people in the truck were friends. Because if this was the infamous WAE enforcer Daniel was thinking of, he would need all the friends he could get.

"Um," gulped Daniel rather lamely, "thanks for saving my life. Like, thanks a lot."

Cyrus Nelvenmig and Fury
ARPers: Those fighting the Antitivity.

Fury shot Cyrus a worried glance. The Lumanx was frozen, staring at the great iron dragon. Fury roared at him. "Wake up, Cyrus! Want to die?"

Cyrus managed to shake himself out of his trance. Most of the Antitivity were gone, and the ones that were still alive seemed to be retreating. Fury sprang at one that was too slow to escape her wrath - a large dog with shrubs growing on its back. She smacked it into the air with a huge paw, her claws tearing its fur. The Antitivity were either near the dragon and about to be dead, or they were running back to wherever they had come from.

"I told you we'd be fine," Fury said, sidling over to Cyrus. Her friend smiled weakly in response.

"Right... " Fury rolled her eyes and glanced at the other parts of the battlefield. She still couldn't see any major problems. A Tasmanian devil was gearing up to defend itself and the spherical blue Sona beside it. Two human females and an odd silver dragon that appeared to be made of ink were hanging back. The iron dragon was blowing something up.

"Looks like we're not really needed," Fury remarked.

"Not really," Cyrus admitted. "But I'd prefer to stay now that we have allies. Reinforcements may be coming."

Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Off of Highway 5, USA
ARPer's: Erai

I’ll be damned it was a Paletz. Well, at the rate I was going I probably was anyway. I sat quietly for a moment, listening to whatever song I was making up in my head to help Veza a bit. What the guy said next had me a bit surprised though.

“I’m obviously not am I?” I asked casually with monotone.

Considering I’ve been there and done that, and I was wearing grey all over except for my tinted midnight blue, nearly looking black bandana. If he was a Paletz, he could have seen the small bit of blue. Regardless, anything else and I looked like one. At least I thought I did, maybe this guy was referring to something else other than physical appearance. He seemed like such a person. Not many people were those kinds of people. Not many people were really sane anymore.

“Tell me then…what makes it obvious?”

It was a rather redundant question and I usually didn’t speak this much, however I was remotely interested. I didn’t want to get too comfortable either; I had a non-existent agenda to keep. Also, staying in one place too long wasn’t something I would advise on in this day and age, with everything that’s going on. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started doing house checks for us Deviants soon.

Of course my saying it now, probably just screwed us all over.

Veza Ryngsen
Umecit, Nexen
ARPer's: Anyone involved in the Antitivity battle

My sights were focused on a trio of Antitivity going for the living blue jawbreaker. At that range, the best I could do was make some distracting implosion in the ground, which I knew would drain me because I caused things to ignite and not collapse. I rolled into a ball and thought I could bowl them over, lighting myself on fire in the process. I got close, and I heard something that made me uncurl. Instead of what I thought, there was some other pair of Sona’s there, giving the jawbreaker a hand. Since they had a shield, I took the opportunity to blast the nearest of the three, causing that one to collide into the other two with a nice domino effect. I wasn’t sure where these two, what looked like Tasmanian devils, had come from, but extra help was something I didn’t object to. With those three out of the way, the field was looking pretty clear, with a select few fleeing, or trying to pick themselves off the ground. I extinguished my fire, hearing someone coming from behind me.

As Kari asked her question, I was a bit confused by it, feeling like everyone had involuntarily put me as leader. It felt odd and awkward but I didn’t make any comments then. I looked around the large space, seeing everything was pretty much taken care of. The only apparent threat was the big guy in the hover tank-

…that wasn’t just any guy in a hover tank.

“Him. Terminat…GET. HIM.” I nearly shouted, trying not to go into war mode. “If he reports back, there’s going to be much more Antitivity next time around…”

There was no doubt in my mind that commander saw me. He was not allowed to leave my sight alive. I saw him try to leave quicker now that I had made the big declaration of his future demise. I sure hoped that anyone who was a sane Sona heard me.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:10 AM
Winter Offline

ARPers: Velocity(Daniel and Domini) and Sylver(Aria)

After Shiba and stopped talking, the truck had gone rather quiet for a few moments before their invited passenger spoke up. "Um,thanks for saving my life. Like, thanks a lot." Al turned her head and smiled, though you couldn't see it under her hoodie's elongated turtleneck.

"We couldn't just let him take you. We gotta watch out for our own." She said softly, Shiba looked at the boy and nodded.

"You're welcome. Now you wanna tell us how you came to be chased in the first place?" The girl didn't offer up her name just yet, she was waiting, watching to make sure he wasn't WAE and they were being played. She highly doubted they were, but she wasn't the kind to just up and introduce herself anyway.

"You're welcome. Just be thankful the brakes on this thing worked enough that I didn't plow you over." Argeno said simply, still navigating, the tenseness in his shoulders obvious.

Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone fighting the Antitivity

It took Veza a moment to answer, and when she did, it was frantically, pointing out a man in a hover tank. Whoever he was, he was apparently important and she recognized him as such. None of them paused to wonder why very long, though. "Gotcha." Kari smiled and shifted her light pole to rest against her shoulder before springing off toward the hover tank, getting only slightly closer before outright throwing the pole like a frisbee at it. Silverstreak shot forward, following the light pole up with a puff of fire. Shiri hung back, watching and waiting to see if she would need to produce another ear-grating shriek...or even a Calling, if she was incerdibly unlucky. She watched, however, as Kari spun after her throw and ran back, not waiting to see if she hit it. The trio did notice, however, the fact that now somebone was playing music--as Shiri glanced around, it appeared to be one of the pair of Tasmanian Devil Sona.

Ryza Hale
WAE Graphix
WAE Base, ?

Ryza lay, as always in her little white room that those emotionless jerks who liked to cause her pain had oh-so-"graciously" given her to stay in, drawing. Oh well, at least they let her have a sketchbook and pencils, as long as they left her alone and she had pencils, she was fine. They seemed to leave her alone a lot these days, allowing her to spend her time doing nothing other than drawing her life away--they seemed to finally realize that once they made her angry, she would look up, and looking up resulted in blasting them with the full effect of her ability as a Graphix, which led to ear-splitting screams that gave Ryza a headache. She really hated having to give herself a headache to get them to go away.

She lay sprawled out across the floor in the manner a child might, Cecil tucked under one the right arm, right hand holding her sketchbook in place as she drew. She didn't bother moving when she heard the door open, maybe if she ignore him, he would go away and she wouldn't have to make him scream and give herself a headache. She really hoped he would leave.

"What are you drawing today, Ryza?" Ryza paused in her drawing to cringe, nope. No such luck existed where Nova was concerned, he was too stubborn for his own good, but he, unlike some of the others, still had emotion. They hadn't wanted to make him crazy like her; he was an Enginez, too important to waste. What a freaking laugh. It was okay to turn a child into a twisted weapon of complete terror to gain victory over their enemies, but they would not harm a twenty someodd year-old man whose sole ability was that he was a great thinker? What had gone wrong with the world, Ryza would wonder from time to time, but it was quickly buried under the thought that the world had been screwed up long before they arrived and made everyone emotionless like them or turned them into twisted freaks like her.

"Same as always; the hero that is one day going to kill all of you in brutal, twisted ways to satisfy my revenge and then free me." She sounded almost cheerful, like a child describing what they planned to do over summer break. He didn't flinch, she knew he wouldn't.

"What if I told you that you didn't need to have a hero bust you outta here?" He asked her softly. The pencil hit the notepad she was writing on, her head snapped around to look at him, yet not at him--she glared over his shoulder. That made him flinch, the thought satisfied her for a brief moment before she spat the question at him.

"What do you mean? You know it's bad to lie, Nova." She asked, cheerful voice becoming so chilling it might have burned were she a Tungz.

"I'm not lying, Ryza." He spoke with a level voice, keeping the emotion out of it. "You're going to be let out, however, there are certain...strings attatched to the deal." He told her calmly, holding out a pair of sunglasses to her.

She snatched them from him--he was the only one who had any sense, but he didn't use it. He had figured out some time back that sunglasses made it a lot harder for her ability to kick in. The thing was, he never actually used them, and she wasn't sure anyone else knew about the fact he'd tried it and it worked up until she was mad enough to snatch them off. "What do I have to do?" She hissed, putting them on her face and looking at him eye-to-eye through the darkened lenses of the sunglasses.

"Come with me. I'll take you to the people who will be telling you what those strings are." He didn't sound like he really agreed with whatever these strings were, or he hated the people he was taking her to, but Ryza didn't care. All she could think was that she hadn't seen the light of day in a long, long time...

OOC:And that's all I have time for, I imagine Aerys is pinned up somewhere as well, but we'll hopefully see more of them actually in action in my next post...

Old 11-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

Blake Skelt
Deviant Grafix
Somewhere in the western rocky mountains
ARPer’s: None
Today makes a whole decade, Blake though while he etched another line onto the walls. The icy cave had a deep scratch in the walls reaching down to the rock below the layer of ice for every month Blake had been away from home. Satisfied with his 120th mark, he went to a drawing pad, one of his oldest. He reached next to the pad, but he found his pencils were missing. “What the- of course they are”, he said. What a stupid time to have to go outside, he said while looking into the snow outside. If the pencils had rolled out of the cave, they could all be at the bottom, probably broken. Well, no use in just sanding around. He set off for the town at the foot of the mountain. He would just have to take some more.

Name: Frost Telset
Umecit, Nexen
ARPer’s: Watching doesn’t effect people.

Thank god, it stopped.
Frost’s search just seemed to be getting interrupted more and more these days. What the heck was that, anyway? He had been flying for about an hour when a horrible noise came through the air. It distracted him and, in turn, caused him to crash into the ground. “I swear,” he said while turning towards the souce of the noise, “if there was no good reason for that-” However, he cut himself off when he say what was going on. Antivity. The last time I saw them this far from Velvod was… No. Don’t think about it. It’s for your own good. It appeared to be a fight between a couple of sonas and antivity. As far as he could tell, the sonas were winning. If they want to fight, let them. They’re winning anyway. There’s no need to help someone who doesn’t need it. Yet for some reason, he stayed and watched.

OOC: It's short and not that good, but it is a start.

Lucario@312
Hatch: 327
Lucario: 432
Level100: 612
Old 11-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Doc
San Francisco, CA
ARPers: None so far

"The local time is XX:XX, Pacific Time. Please check the clock on the departure before checking your flight time. Thank you."

I heard this announcement as I walked pass my flight's carosel. Number one disadvantage of rushing to the airport: only have time to pack so much. I only had clothes and my smartphone in my bag, along with the papers necessary for travel. I took out my phone and checked my 'grocery list'.

• Rental
  • Arms
  • Money (at least $3000)
  • Non-perishable food (3 days worth)
  • Stock up on scalpels
  • 3 Jars
  • Prepare medicine

It was a weird list for normal life, but let's face it: I wasn't normal, my life wasn't normal, and I lived my everyday day in sheer fear. Quite frankly, I was glad (in this regard) my parents and sister were dead: I could focus on toppling the menace called the WAE. This thought track keeps going on until I reach the lady at the rental desk. I make my best effort to wipe my face blank.

"Here are your papers, sir."
"Thank you."

I fill out the papers and hand them in. I notice an ATM near by. Before I go out to my rental, I decide my list could do with an extra item crossed off.

$5000 dollars out of my bank account later, I'm cruising in a Navy Chevy Tahoe. I had already stopped at the grocery store (for the food and jars) and arms shop (for a pistol), and was getting a tour of the city of San Francisco from a colleague going to the Conference as well. He steered me to the University and to the Micro Anatomy Labs. I ask for a moment.

"Sure, sure, why not?"

I steal 10 scalpel handles and 10 boxes of scalpels before anyone knew what happened and hide them in my lab coat. I then stop by the chem labs and pull out the andgina medicine and three jars, and begin to work.

Dos
Umetic, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone in battle of Umetic

I feel a surge of power. I knew Doc was using a lot of his brains, planning, preparing. I then register the guy in the hovertank thingy. He joined up with the guerillas late, but...

"The fact that you recognize him is not good, considering who you are and what your condition is." I was talking directly to the gargoyle, but now speak to the entire group. "Fortunately, my Deviant is finally using the watermelon between his ears. I'll keep him from running away." I turn to the gargoyle and the Tasmanian devils. "And by the way, thanks."

I pull giant rock hands out of the ground (moving them took less energy then you would think), about the size of an average human being. I levitate quickly in front of the tank and begin to speak.

"I defeated the great colonel Alfeelo in one to one combat. I shall not allow you to pass.
"It is not what you allow, child. It is what I wish that decides the day."

I decide to have a little fun. This could be entertaining, after all. My purpose is a diversion, allowing the gargoyle to move in for the kill (as she earned).

I put on my best announcer voice,"So this corner" I gesture towards the hovertank dude with glee, hitting him with my 'left hand' "We have this weird guy in a hovertank, think he's a bad***. But in the other corner, we have the dashingly handsome and brilliant DOS, who really is a bad***! Let's give both contestants a round of applause!" At that last word, I clapped with both my 'hands' right in front of the guy, who looks ready to retaliate.

I may have no visible mouth, but my eyes smirked viciously.

Last edited by narphoenix; 11-25-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Daniel Redrock

Daniel looked at the girl - he was pretty sure he'd heard someone call her Shiba? - who had asked him a question. For a boy who was completely unable to get on well with his own sex, let alone any of the complicated feminine 'species', let alone one who was older than him and who could probably destroy him in a fight, Daniel felt little fear, other than a slight nervousness at the woman's tone. After all, if these people had wanted to hurt him they would have left him with Domini. Heck, they could have just run him over.

"My name's Daniel Redrock," Daniel said. "We'd both be pretty safe to assume that the other's a Deviant, I think, so I may as well introduce myself as a Grafix. As for how he was chasing me... Beats me, really. I keep some of my supplies on hand - things like pencils and paints - and some of my drawings, but I don't know how he could have seen - oh God."

He slapped himself in the face. "That's it. I had to take one of my drawings out to talk to my Sona. The guy must have seen it somehow. Speaking of which, if you guys don't mind, I have to try to tell him I'm all right."

He pulled out a new drawing, this one a picture of a summer's night, with a little kid chasing white fireflies through a field full of rainbow flowers. He focused on the colors, until he felt Cyrus's mind connect fuzzily to his.

I'm all right, Daniel told his Sona, and broke the connection off. There, duty done.

Cyrus Nelvenmig and Fury
ARPers: Those fighting the Antitivity.

"Terminat - GET HIM!" Fury and Cyrus perked up their ears as they heard the dragon speak in its metallic voice. They followed the machine's line of sight to what appeared to be a human being in a floating tank. The odd ball-creature was already moving toward it, but Fury decided that the blue sphere may need some help. "Wait here if you like; I'm going to have some fun!" Fury sprang out toward the WAE commander. Cyrus followed reluctantly a moment later.

The two Sonas got in place, forming a triangle around the Antisona with the blue sphere as its vertex. Fury wasn't quite sure what to make of the ball-Sona pulling giant stone gauntlets out of the earth and smacking a WAE commander with them, taunting the Antisona when he clearly had machinery, presumably powerful, at his disposal. Cyrus didn't notice - he was receiving a message from Daniel, along with a dizzying splash of color.

I'm all right.

None of the Sonas, however, were about to be all right. The Antitivity in the hover-tank pushed a button on his control panel, and an electric pulse came out of his device like some sort of EMP, shocking all those within a radius of about three yards. Fury and Cyrus shrieked in pain. Cyrus managed to stay fixed to his spot, but Fury was flung far backward. She landed in the grass, out cold. Cyrus was in little better shape - he was conscious, but his whole body was shaking. Tremors were racking his muscles and his eyesight was fuzzy at best. Cyrus was unsure about the third Sona's condition, but he knew dimly that the Antitivity could kill them at his leisure.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Salem Cristobal Zabaleta
Deviant Paletz

I was actually enjoying the moment a bit. I mean, what was there not to enjoy? I had found some time to actually eat and I was talking to someone who didn't want to kill me or have me arrested. It's good to take in the little moments in life. I listened to the girl's questions and, in all honesty, I found her tone amusing.

I gave her a smile and answered, "Your outfit looks more of one who's trying to not be identified. Sure, you could have still been a WAE undercover, but if you were, you would have easily taken me down by rushing in at the slightest scent of any of the spices I used."

I took another small bite off the bread to swallow it fast and keep up with the conversation.

"At least, that has been my experience with WAE," I added just before taking a bigger bite of bread.

Dare Dare Haru
Umecit, Nexen

Light Dare looked back at the Sona he was trying to shield from danger. Somehow, he looked a lot better all of a sudden. More than that, he looked ready for battle. The white Tasmanian Devil began to walk towards his brother as he felt they have been apart for too long.

"You are welcome," he responded to Dos before running towards his darker half.

Meanwhile, Dark Dare had suddenly stopped moving. He looked like he was seeing something in his mind which had him distracted.

Light Dare saw him from the distance and said, "Oh no...not now..."

At that moment, Dark Dare sat on the floor where a sketch pad and a few pencils of different numbers materialized in front of him. He quickly grabbed pencil after pencil and began to draw something very fast. Light Dare was almost to his brother's side when he noticed the Antitivity in the tank prepare for some sort of attack. The white Tasmanian Devil jumped towards his brother with his shield in hand.

Suddenly, just as the tank sent that electric pulse, a force field spread from Dare's shield protecting both his halves from the attack.

Light Dare looked back at his brother and said, "Seriously!?"

Dark Dare stood up while holding his finished drawing and said, "Yup. Now lets go."

Light Dare suddenly saw it through his brother's eyes. The drawing, it was of a very detailed peculiar angle of the hover tank ahead.

"Got it," responded Light Dare.

The two stood side by side and began running towards the tank. Zigzagging a bit, especially around the other Sonas to avoid attracting too much attention to themselves. Light Dare constantly holding his shield ready to defense while Dark Dare kept his sword in hand and his sight locked into the tank.

Suddenly, the two sprung forward and stopped right under the tank.

"There!" shouted Dark Dare as he jumped and thrust his sword upwards hitting the specific spot near the back of the tank which had been the focus of his drawing.

The sword quickly pierced through the tank with ease as if it had just hit a weak spot. Dark Dare pulled the sword out and jumped away from the tank with his brother following close behind. At that moment, the tank began making strange sounds, as if it was starting to short-circuit. Slowly but surely, the hover tank began to descend.