Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default NaNoWriMo 2011

So here's a question that comes up every year:

Are you going to do NaNoWriMo this November?

(For those of you who are like, NaNo-Whut?, NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month, and it's this crazy time of year where writers attempt to complete a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. You can look around the website here. ^^)

Well, I think I'm going to try it this year, and it'll be my first time. AND I'M TOTALLY CRAZY FOR DOING IT, WOOT! :D I have yet to make an account, but I got ideas brewing in me head ^^ I won't be doing a fan-fiction, but an original idea I have for a Fantasy novel :D

How 'bout you guys? :D

Old 10-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596
Default Re: NaNoWriMo 2011

Sorry, can't. I'm just too busy, but have fun Char!

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 10-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Blaaah, too busy. I've got stuff to organise for student exchange and such yet.

Plus I'll lose motivation halfway through like I tend to do anyway. xD

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

I might, but I'll fail. Im twelve, whadda you expect?
Old 10-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

I've heard of that. o: I would love to do it, but I, like the others, am too busy. Exams and such. xD Plus there are other problems such as my current lack in ideas, and I can't write that fast. xD I couldn't write more than 1000 words a day, haha.

But I really hope you do well! :D It must be pretty exciting. ^^

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Temporal Diamond Offline

Send a message via MSN to Temporal Diamond

I participated when I was twelve, that's two years ago(yea go figure my age with maths. xD). I don't really like writing for the sake of competitions and within a MONTH. Like a novel in one month, that's just too hectic and crazy for me. I mean, I don't see Jodi Picoult, Agatha Christie, Rick Riordan etc finishing a book in a MONTH. Yeah, but well the experience was at least relatively memorable, but gee I was 12, I had no life. Now with more exams at this age, writing has one of the least priorities. xD

Oh God, I'm so rude to forget about everyone else. Either way, good luck on to all who is participating! If you do win, why that IS great and I'm sure we could have some sort of party? Nehh, just my party animal side speaking. xP

ASB | VPP | Poetry | Art

Click please? :3
Old 10-15-2011, 05:13 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

D'aw, everyone's too busy? D: LoL, well, that's alright ^^ I hope you guys try it out sometime, if you haven't ^^

@Max & Grace/Xanthe: Thanks for the support! :D I hope I don't go crazy xD I'm not actually sure if I can churn out 1000 words in a day either, but it'll be interesting to try ^^

@Moonkit: Well, hey, it's the trying that matters, right? ^^

@Diamond: DAH NO NOT MATH! (LoL) Joking aside... Hmm, well, I never really considered it a competition--rather, a challenge. I don't really see certain authors doing it either, but I just think that it would be something fun to participate in. I feel like I kind of need that kind of push to get a novel done--since I've never really finished one *coughcoughLunarDestinies*, and though I don't really know if I'll make it through, at least it'll be an interesting experience. LoL, but yeah, I get your point ^^ AND LET'S DO HAVE A PARTY CUZ WE'RE COOL LIKE THAT!!! [/caps_crunching]

Last edited by Charmander009; 10-15-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:26 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

I'm not saying it would be hard for me, Ambersaga and my other works were started september 1st, and they're pretty big.
XDjkseriouslyit'sshortandIprocrastinateitalotandI' msorryforthat, *deep breath*

Good luck, Char.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Well, I dunno about 50,000 words. I might give it a shot, but definitely no promises that it will be done. And if humanly possible, can one have over the 50,000 word limit?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Well, I dunno about 50,000 words. I might give it a shot, but definitely no promises that it will be done. And if humanly possible, can one have over the 50,000 word limit?
I believe 50k is just the minimum.

As for me, I've been looking forward to NaNoWriMo for months. It's gonna be my first attempt at it (my mother's tried once or twice, I think, but she was always more of a vidder than a writer).
Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Giratina Offline

50,000 words is the 'regular' minimum; I recall reading somewhere about a person who ended up doing 105,000 words or something like that, total. As for me, I have so much to do this month that NaNoWriMo is far, far down my list of things to occupy my time with.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 10-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Hey, I'm doing it!

But I'm doing the young writer's challenge. You can set your word goal, and I'm putting it at 20,000 words. 25k was my goal last year and I met that pretty easy. Good luck to the both of us? :3

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 10-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Try it, Pe2K Voices! :D Try it! :DDDDD LoL, the faster it approaches, the more excited I'm getting. Though I still think I'm crazy for doing it xD

Dang, sorry to hear y'all are busy, but I wish you the best in your other endeavors! ^^

And awesome, Doodles! :D I actually heard about the young writer's challenge at a regional kick-off party. Sounds like a great way to get started. Definitely, good luck! :D *raises cup*

Old 11-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Everyone doing it be my writing buddy thing on that site and stuff and I'm doing it and I'm Guard13007 there just like here cause my name is awesome. XD No but seriously come on! Let's all do it, at least try a little even if you're too busy!

And even if you don't wanna try, write a whole lot (oops, yay for editing) in November anyhow just for the heck of it!

---

/Randomly encouraging others, since whenever I started...

Last edited by Guard13007; 11-04-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Misheard Whisper Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper

I've done NaNo for the past two years - this is my third. I finished in 09 with just over 50,000 words, but last year I made it to 127,000 words. It looks like this year will just be a 50k year, though; I have exams on and they're ruining my life. I'm kind of cheating - I'm using NaNo to work on Champion Game, boosting the wordcount by a good chunk. I've written about 42k at this stage, 30k+ of which is on CG. The rest was the novel I started and then abandoned in favour of fanfic.

Hmm, this thread is kind of dead. Anybody changed their mind about participating since the last post? How's everyone keeping up with the daily wordcount goal?