Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Captain Jack Harkness Offline

Default Do people just generally 'Bore' you?

So im 21 in a few months time.

Ive recently moved towns to be closer to my work, it saves me a lot of time and hassle travel and money wise too. Ive settled in okay, and the family im renting a room off seem pretty nice, so thats all good. My real concern though are my friends. Or the ones ive left behind in the other town (Its only 3 miles away mind.)

Ive gotten to the stage where Im currently working and staying indoors playing WoW as much as I can, partially to save myself some money (ive got a little bit of debt to sort out, and Ł9 a month is the best entertainment value I know of) but partially because I am just becoming bored of people, or my friends so-to-speak. Dont get me wrong im no social recluse and I have a few friends I will see, but whenever we meet up, they're always telling me about one drama after another. "Mrs X slagged Mr B off and now theyre gonna beat the crap out of each other!" or "Omg did you hear that xy and z had a threesome while z was going out with v?" I just sit there thinking 'I couldnt care less'.

It amazes me how angry people get with each other, and how much drama people have in thier lives. Its acctually crazy. Im a very passive person. I treat people well, try and get on with people and I dont get angry. I acctually cannot think of a point in my life where I have completely lost my temper. Sure Ive been frustrated and the like, but never gone into a blazing rage like a lot of people I know. I just dont get it. Ive learnt a lot on how people work by observing my friends, but it makes very little sense to me.

Ive got to the point where im turning down invitations to go out and relax with friends because they just bore me to death with thier constant dramas and anger problems.

Anybody else feel like this?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Do people just generally 'Bore' you?

While I don't feel that way, I know that I have caused others to feel that towards me and other people. A sad realization, but true nonetheless.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 10-13-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Yes, I do. I do whatever you do there. I was bored of people around me and I don't really care of what they talk or do. I'm quite passive and people think that I AM boring.

I prefer spending my time with games and WoW is one of them.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 10-14-2011, 06:37 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Not so much "bore", but just generally irritate. I'm in the top 5% of kids in the Junior class, so there are a lot of idiots below me. They are so dumb, that in my HONORS Anatomy class, someone actually asked me, "What is the difference between hair on the front of your arm, and the hair on the back of your arm?". I reluctantly replied, "It's pretty simple, just observe for yourself." People these days...

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

The reason I am kinda like you is that this generation BLOWS major...chunks. All this generation cares about is morney, sex, and relationships that always fall through because this generation can't learn values for some stupid reason. Don't get me wrog though, there are others who think like you, who actually are polite and caring, respectful and professional. you just have to find them, and expand your world a little bit. One of the main reasons I hated people is because I became the punching bag of one school, so I had to move to another. I just locked myself out of friendships, considered everyone an enemy. I guess I just learned better. Not to be mean or anything, but you're behavior is almost like mine. Even if it's just a little, you're blocking people out. So ditch them and find a new crowd, one you can actually converse with.

What I'm saying is, I used to be like that. Look at me, 14 and giving advice to a 21-year old, XD.

My point is that most of this generaion sucks and creates drama, but that dosen't mean you should just shut off the population of your generation. Values > Money and materials, because manners should be commonplace.

Peace!
Max.

P.S: I observed my ex-friends while they basically exiled me, and I know a lot about the bad sides of people.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 10-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

@Cheerful Cherubi

I laughed at two things. First of all, your reaction to such a question made you look like a pompous and arrogant jerk. That is why people treat "smart" people like that. "Smart" people view others as inferior.

Second of all, define stupid? Because a lot of kids are not in honors class or because they don't care about their grades? Let me tell you something. Never. Not once in my life have I cared about my grade. Does that make me stupid? I like to have a good time. I drink, I go to parties, does that make me stupid? Dumb? Ignorant? I also think Honors Classes are ridiculously stupid. I will tell you something. They do not teach anything different. It is just more busy work that they assign.

Immaturity does not define ignorance.

@Max0596

There are 2 problems with this.

A) Generations are pretty much nonexistent with the fact that the Baby Boomers from the 50s and 60s screwed everything up.

B) Those are morals you find degrading, but they view it otherwise. It is also not just this "generation" that treats or treated people like a punching bag. Do you think that bullying, sex, and drugs are something new?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

I have to say no, people don't bore me and yes, I am not social at all, but not from a lack of liking people.

I find things that people find boring very interesting. I can go on for hours about the littlest things, but they are the sort of things only the huge space of the internet can bring together to talk about in a group larger than say, the one or two people I can find interested in them where I live.
Add to that most people my age are ether married or have four babies by three different men by now and it becomes a matter of being able to relate, not boredom :\

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 10-16-2011, 04:06 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

All the drama is usually the reason I try not to communicate with big groups of people or go out with much of anyone. I've been on both sides of the spectrum. I've caused plenty of drama and I have a distaste for others drama too. Most of my free time is usually devoted to listening to relaxing music, making my own music, or Wii time. I may be able to absorb perhaps 5 minutes of drama online and then I probably start heating up over how much people complain.