Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 12:16 AM
J_A_M_E_S Offline

Default Challenger White Knight v Velocity & Mass Gym Leader Velocity -- Velocity wins by DQ.

Quote:
Rules of the Battle for Betterment
Battles will be held in 'Double' format, with each participant using a total of six Pokemon.
Each Pokemon is allowed only one Chill.
Neither direct healing moves nor one-hit-KO moves are permitted.

Requirements for the Participants of the BfB
The Proctor's official roster - 'wild-card' Pokemon do not count- is required to be the four Pokemon that have a Speed Stat of < 100, as well as a weight of < 220 lbs. The other two must fit only one of these requirements. In order to challenge the Proctor, the challenger's first two Pokemon must fit those requirements also. (i.e., Electrode at 140 speed and Dewgong at 264.6 lbs)

Arena of the BfB

Aperture Labs

In Aperture Labs, there's a forgotten Test Chamber called Chamber 101 - nicknamed Chamber LOL. Chamber 101 has a small entry hallway (Six feet by twelve feet) that opens up into a 50' x 70' arena made up almost entirely of white panels. The wall to the right as you walk in is made of dark-brown bricks. Jutting out from this wall is a raised platform made of the same stuff, and a turret watches the battle from above. For each action - provided the turret has not already struck in that pair of actions - a 40-sided die is rolled. For 1-10, the turret catches sight of the Pokemon who is being rolled for (challenger first, and the turret cannot act twice in a set of actions) and it fires on the Pokemon in a move treated as Steel Type, which has a power of 18. It is STAB, it is physical, and strikes 2-5 times. If the roll is 11-20, the turret will say something to the effect of "I see you" and make the Pokemon flinch. If the roll is 21-40, the turret hums something to itself and does nothing. There's also a radio that will play 'Exile Vilify' throughout the battle. It's as dangerous as the turret when it hums (that is to say, it's completely harmless).
The Leader will now choose her Pokémon to be used.
The Challenger will follow suit.
The Leader will choose her first Pokémon.
The Challenger will choose his first Pokémon, and his first action command.
The Leader will choose her action command.

Last edited by paperfairy; 10-13-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Challenger [White Knight] vs -Velocity and Mass- Gym Leader [Velocity]

Hm. I choose...

[Chell] Charizard (F)
Ability: Blaze
Sig Move: None

[Bohmander] Salamence (M)
Ability: Intimidate

[Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third] Cryogonal (F)
Ability: Levitate

[Salem] Alakazam (M)
Ability: Synchronize

and

[Clobberin' Time] Rampardos (M)
Ability: Mold Breaker
Signature Move:
Spoiler:
Smash Tail
Description: Nobody ever really thinks about a Rampardos' tail. All their attention is focused on their big old heads. Clobberin' Time, however, realized one day how strong, stiff, and hard that stubby tail of his was. He tried it out on some Geodudes, and it was an extremely useful weapon. He uses it in battles nowadays, like so: he runs at an opponent, like he's going to charge. However, instead of hitting the foe with his head, he pivots hard and whacks his opponent with his tail, using that stiff tail and all the momentum he's gathered. Most of the time he can land devastating hits like this with impunity, but there are certain hard-bodied Pokemon that can injure him if he hits them.
Type: Fighting
Base Power: 120
Accuracy: 80
Classification: Physical
Energy Modifier: 0
Effects: Does 25% of damage dealt in recoil if Clobberin' Time uses the move on a Rock Type, or a Pokemon with the Abilities Rough Skin, Light Metal, Rock Head, or Sturdy. Does 50% recoil damage if the target is Steel Type, or has the Abilities Heavy Metal or Battle Armor.
Usage Gap: Five rounds.

and

[Velo] Arcanine (F)

shall be my wild cards.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 10-07-2011, 12:48 AM
White Knight Offline

Default Re: Challenger [White Knight] vs -Velocity and Mass- Gym Leader [Velocity]

I have chosen...

[Spahrk]Luxray
Obtained:Live Auction Event

[Conkelderp]Conkeldurr(M)
Ability: Sheer Force
No sig move.

Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Caught: Adoption Center
Evolved: Evolution Dojo
Evolved: Trading Tower

[Reaper]Kabutops(M)
Ability: Swift Swim
No sig move.

[Fluffy]Garchomp(M)
Ability: Sand Veil
No sig move.

[Wooly]Mamoswine(M)
Ability: Snow Cloak
No sig move.

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 10-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

All right; I'll send Velo and Bohmander.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 AM
White Knight Offline

I thought you couldn't start with your wild cards...

Let's go, Fluffy and Wooly!

Fluffy- Try a Dual Chop on Bohmander, then a Dragon Tail on Bohmander! If they protect at any time, use Swords Dance, unless you're taunted in which go for an Aqua Tail on Velo.

Dual Chop@Boh/Swords Dance~Dragon Tail@Boh/Swords Dance/Aqua Tail@Velo

Wooly- Go for a Rock Slide for both of em, then try a Bulldoze on Velo! If they protect use Double Team, but if you're Taunted go back to Bulldoze.

Rock Slide@All/Double Team~Bulldoze/Double Team

ASB|VPP

Old 10-20-2011, 01:50 AM
White Knight Offline

Did Velo just seriously get DQ'd? o____________o

ASB|VPP

Old 10-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

NONONO

I can't post my moves tonight but I'll get them done tomorrow - swearsies. Don't DQ me! D:

Old 10-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

All right...

Bohmander, I want you to wait until Velo's negated the opponents' moves, and then waste your Special Attack on a Draco Meteor, directed at Fluffy. Then fly up in the air so you're hard to hit, and then start the tortuous Dragon-Dance cycle! (If flying up counts as an action, then simply use D-Dance)
Draco Meteor ~ (Aerial) Dragon Dance

Velo, stand in front of Bohmander and use Protect to save him from the Rock Slide and the Dual Chop, as well as protecting yourself from harm. Then, use Agility to cushion the impact of the Bulldoze, as well as setting up for next round...
Protect @Self + Boh ~ Agility

Old 10-22-2011, 10:52 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Chamber 101 was deadly quiet, just as it had been for the past several years. Even before the current Gym Proctor took over Aperture Labs the scientists who worked here had avoided the chamber as much as possible. Then, when the labs were closed temporarily, the chamber was one of the few sealed off to prevent adventure-seekers from breaking in. Even when Velocity took control of the complex the room had remained untouched...

But now the peace was about to be shattered – a battle was about to take place.

White Knight moved slowly through the corridor which would bring him to the designated site for the Gym Battle. The walls of the corridor quickly opened out into a large room, which was walled with white tiles. Across the room stood his opponent – Velocity, the Gym Proctor. The two friends nodded to each other, but then it was down to business – neither was going to let their friendship get in the way of the battle.

The Proctor was the first to move, sending out a ferocious dragon and a flaming tiger. The dragon, who was called Bohmander, took off from the ground, using his powerful wings to keep himself in the air. Meanwhile, the tiger, named Velo, did a few stretches to prepare for the battle. The Challenger went next, releasing a sand shark and a woolly mammoth. Fluffy, the poorly named Garchomp, roared, the noise filling the chamber with echoes. To his left, his partner pawed the ground, as if getting ready to charge.

Once the sound of Fluffy’s roar tailed off, Bohmander and Velo also roared. Their opponents were fairly rattled by this and both felt weakened by the experience. The two trainers and the four pokémon exchanged looks - it was time to begin.

Round One

Leader Velocity

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Fairly confident
Moves: Draco Meteor ~ Dragon Dance

[Velo] Arcanine (F)
Condition: Prepared for the off
Moves: Protect ~ Agility

Challenger White Knight

[Fluffy] Garchomp (M)

Condition: Wanting to begin; -2 Attack
Moves: Dual Chop/Swords Dance ~ Dragon Tail/Swords Dance/Aqua Tail

[Wooly] Mamoswine (M)
Condition: Can’t wait to start; -2 Attack
Moves: Rock Slide/Double Team ~ Bulldoze/Double Team

Although she wanted nothing more than to jump in and start smashing heads, Velo had been told that she needed to take a more defensive course of action. She stood in front of Bohmander, who hovered a little lower so that she could defend the both of them. A curved wall of energy formed in front of them, shimmering light green light. The Arcanine wasn’t able to create a full dome around the two of them but she hoped that a frontal shield would be enough to stop any attacks that came their way.

Fortunately, just the presence of a shield made Fluffy seem to abandon any hopes of attacking for the moment. Instead, he began to do a strange dance, which was designed to increase the strength of his muscles. He lunged and parried against invisible enemies, feeling the blood and adrenaline surge through his body. By the time he finished his dance he didn’t feel anywhere near as frightened of his opponent’s as he had done and was now prepared to fight them as soon as he got the chance.

But before he was able to, Bohmander had to have his turn. Draconic energy began to swirl around the monster’s head as he prepared a ball of glowing energy in his mouth. However, just as the ball was growing to a decent size, the turret looked down from its lofty perch and, staring straight at him, muttered “I see you” as creepily as was humanly (or inhumanly) possible. The dragon faltered, allowing the energy to dissipate into the air and leaving him without an attack. He growled angrily, knowing full well that he didn’t have the time to make another one now.

Wooly was also discouraged from attacking by his opponents’ shield. However, rather than boosting his offensive powers, he was going to make it harder for his foes to attack him. He began to move from side to side, leaving an afterimage of himself each time he moved. As he repeated the movement, the copies became more solid and looked more like the real Wooly. Eventually, three copies of the original Mamoswine stood in the chamber, ready to cause as much confusion as possible for the Gym Proctor’s pokémon.

And now it was Bohmander’s turn once again. Rather than trying to attack directly again, he decided to take a similar strategy to that of his opponents. After quickly checking the turret to make sure that it wasn’t going to play any more tricks, he began to work himself into a draconic rage. He rose up from his place behind Velo, who was in the process of taking down her shield, and began to writhe and thrash in midair while purple energy wrapped itself around his body. His muscles swelled, allowing the dragon to move faster and hit harder than before. He settled down to hover beside Velo; he knew that he was prepared for next time now.

However, Velo wasn’t going to stay still. As soon as Bohmander came to a rest, she set off running circles around her opponents, who could only watch her. As she ran, she strengthened her legs, which in turn allowed her to run faster. Once she’d done several laps of the chamber, she returned to her place and braced herself for whatever was about to come.

Wooly had had enough of these two boosting themselves up. It was time to deal some damage, in his opinion. The mammoth, as well as his clones, slammed his foot into the tiled floor, making the ground shake. Velo staggered and fell as the earth shifted as was planned, but things didn’t quite go as well as expected. Fluffy was also caught up in the attack and was forced to clutch a nearby desk for support. Both the Garchomp and the Arcanine had their legs damaged by the attack but neither seemed to mind it that much. Wooly gave an apologetic smile to her partner, who grunted before launching into his own move.

While the rest of the combatants had been taking their moves, Fluffy had been taking the time to prepare his own. Green energy was swirling around his tail as he moved slowly forwards, trying to judge the distance between himself and his target. Once he thought that he was ready, he dashed forwards and swung his tail for Bohmander’s head. Unfortunately, the winged dragon was too quick for his land-bound counterpart and managed to duck under the charged tail and flip Fluffy over with his horns. The Garchomp growled and hurried back to his side of the room. Quiet half-descended once again, stopped only by a radio playing the song “Exile Vilify”. The four pokémon and their trainers watched each other, waiting for the next round.

Leader Velocity

Energy: 96%
Condition: Not too disappointed; +1 Attack, +1 Speed

[Velo] Arcanine (F)
HP: 95%
Energy: 91%
Condition: Ready for the next round; +1 Speed

Challenger White Knight

[Fluffy] Garchomp (M)

HP: 96%
Energy: 93%
Condition: A little disheartened; -1 Speed

[Wooly] Mamoswine (M)
Energy: 87%
Condition: Just getting started; -2 Attack; 3 Clones

Notes
Protect- (Arcanine -6% Energy)
Swords Dance- (Garchomp -3% Energy, +2 Attack)
Draco Meteor- (Salamence flinches)
Double Team- (Mamoswine -9% Energy, +3 Clones)
Dragon Dance- (Salamence -4% Energy, +1 Attack, +1 Speed)
Agility- (Arcanine -3% Energy, +2 Speed)
Bulldoze- (Mamoswine -4% Energy; Arcanine -5% HP, -1 Speed; Garchomp -4% HP, -1 Speed)
Dragon Tail- (Rolled 91/100, 90 or less to hit; Garchomp -4% Energy)
Bulldoze affects all pokémon adjacent to the user.
In my opinion, flying up would cost an action.
I was really looking forward to reffing Draco Meteor...

Arena Notes
Turret:
Garchomp- (No effect)
Mamoswine- (No effect)
Salamence- (Rolled 15/40, flinches)
No further rolls were made.

Team Notes
Velocity
6 pokémon remaining
White Knight
6 pokémon remaining

Last edited by KantoBreeder; 10-30-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Wow, I completely forgot to protect against that Dragon Tail. XD

All right, Velo! First, use a Double Team to protect yourself from any incoming shenanigans. If Snatch is used on you, switch to Fire Blast at Wooly. Then, use Helping Hand to power up Bohmander's Draco Meteor! If you're taunted before you can use the Helping Hand, switch to Heat Wave. If Fluffy protects, switch to Safeguard.
Double Team/Fire Blast ~ Helping Hand/Heat Wave/Safeguard

Okay, Bohmander. Let's see one more D-Dance - if Snatch is used on you, switch to a Dragon Claw on Fluffy - and then wait for Velo's Helping Hand. Once that's in effect, use Draco Meteor on Fluffy! If Fluffy protects, combine your mighty might with Velo's and use a combo Heat Wave! If both of your foes protect, go for Double Team.
Dragon Dance ~ Helping Hand

Old 10-27-2011, 02:55 AM
White Knight Offline

Hm...

Alrighty Fluffy...

Let Velo make her clones, then kill them all with a Rock Slide and get me some damage (hopefully getting Bohmander back on the ground). Then wait for the Draco Meteor to start, then make sure it doesn't hit you by using Dig on Velo!

Rock Slide~Dig@Velo

As for you Wooly,

Try an Icy Wind on them, lowering some speed and stuff. Then use Amnesia to prepare for all this silly setting up.

Icy Wind@All~Amnesia

ASB|VPP

Old 10-30-2011, 02:17 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Claimed, it'll be up in a Velocity jiff
Old 10-30-2011, 02:21 PM
White Knight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by KantoBreeder View Post
...fail

did you guys know a jiffy is an actual unit of time? it's 1/100 of a second. xDD

ASB|VPP

Old 10-31-2011, 07:39 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Two

Leader Velocity

Energy: 96%
Condition: Not too disappointed; +1 Attack, +1 Speed
Moves: Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw ~ Draco Meteor/Helping Hand/Double Team

[Velo] Arcanine (F)
HP: 95%
Energy: 91%
Condition: Ready for the next round; +1 Speed
Moves: Double Team/Fire Blast ~ Helping Hand/Heat Wave/Safeguard

Challenger White Knight

[Fluffy] Garchomp (F)

HP: 96%
Energy: 93%
Condition: A little disheartened; -1 Speed
Moves: Rock Slide ~ Dig

[Wooly] Mamoswine (M)
Energy: 87%
Condition: Just getting started; -2 Attack; 3 Clones
Moves: Icy Wind ~ Amnesia

Deciding that his current level of power wasn’t going to be enough, Bohmander decided that he’d play the same card again. He pulled himself upwards into the air while beginning to get himself into one of his rages. Once he was far away enough from the ground, he began to writhe and twist again. Purple fire engulfed his body and he felt his blood rush and his muscles stretch. As he moved down again, he knew that by now he was strong enough to go toe-to-toe with his opponents.

Meanwhile, Velo was focusing on her defensive skills. She began to run from side to side in front of Fluffy and Wooly until she became nothing but a blur. She then gradually began to slow down, revealing that there were now five versions of her. The Arcanine looked at their opponents and smiled – it would be fun to see how they coped with this.

Unfortunately, Fluffy seemed to be able to deal with it fairly well. He smashed the tiles on the walls, creating a stockpile of broken masonry. Next, he threw the ruined panels at the Gym Leader’s pokémon, who frowned as the broken tiles hit them. Velo’s clones flickered and disappeared as the pieces of wall bounced off her. The attack didn’t hurt too badly, but the loss of the clones was quite a set-back for the Arcanine and her partner.

And it seemed that things weren’t going to get better quickly. Wooly took a deep breath and exhaled a blizzard over his opponents. Somehow, Bohmander managed to get out of the way before he got hit by the attack, but Velo was caught in it before she knew it was coming. She felt the temperature around plummet unbelievably quickly and her muscles freezing up, making her slower than before. Things were certainly getting worse.

There was a slight reprieve, however. Three shots were fired from the turret at Wooly and his clones. Somewhat fortunately, only his clones were destroyed by the attacks, but he was now undefended and his opponents would be able to hit him without a problem.

Still disappointed at the loss of her clones, Velo moved towards Bohmander and placed a paw on his scaly side. She allowed energy to flow from her body into his, giving him a considerable boost for his next attack. A grin spread across the dragon’s face as he looked at Fluffy – he would enjoy this.

Orange energy swirled around the Salamence as he prepared his attack. He roared and the sound echoed around the chamber, making White Knight and his pokémon tremble. Orbs of light flew from Bohmander’s mouth towards Fluffy, who began scrabbling at the floor tiles desperately. However, the land-dragon wasn’t fast enough to avoid the sky-dragon’s attack, and several blasts of energy knocked him to the ground. He lay on the ground for a while, waiting for the pounding in his head to stop. Then he got back to his feet with fire burning in his eyes; he was going to make them pay for this if it cost him his life.

The only problem with that was his supposed method of attack. While breaking through the tiles wasn’t too problematic, under them was a mass of wiring and several different materials which were designed to keep the ceiling from falling down on the room below. This made the floor fairly impenetrable to all but the smallest of pokémon. He growled and gave up on his attack, deciding to stew in his juices for a while instead.

Seeing Fluffy give up on the offensive front, Wooly elected to boost his defences rather than follow in his footsteps. He spent a while looking back over his life and picking a few memories that he could live without. As he released them, he felt his mind grow stronger and he became more resistant to attacks that didn’t cause harm by physical means. A grin spread across his face. Nothing could penetrate his defences now.

Leader Velocity

HP: 94%
Energy: 83%
Condition: Pleased with how the round went; +2 Attack, +2 Speed, -2 Special Attack

[Velo] Arcanine (F)
HP: 85%
Energy: 74%
Condition: Preparing herself for the next round

Challenger White Knight

[Fluffy] Garchomp (M)

HP: 64%
Energy: 81%
Condition: Getting mad; -1 Speed

[Wooly] Mamoswine (M)
Energy: 80%
Condition: Ready to meet any threat head-on; +2 Special Defence, -2 Attack

Notes
Dragon Dance- (Salamence -4% Energy, +1 Attack, +1 Speed)
Double Team- (Arcanine -12% Energy, +4 Clones)
Rock Slide- (Rolled 67/100, 90 or less to hit; rolled 80/100, 90 or less to hit, rolled 1/6, hits Arcanine; rolled 5/10, 3 or less to flinch; rolled 8/10, 3 or less to flinch; Garchomp -7% Energy; Arcanine -6% HP, -5 Clones; Salamence -6% HP)
Icy Wind- (Rolled 97/100, 95 or less to hit; rolled 3/100, 95 or less to hit; Mamoswine -4% Energy; Arcanine -3% HP, -1 Speed)
Helping Hand- (Arcanine -5% Energy)
Draco Meteor- (Rolled 33/100, 90 or less to hit; Salamence -9% Energy, -2 Special Attack; Garchomp -32% HP)
Dig- (Garchomp -5% Energy)
Amnesia- (Mamoswine -3% Energy, +2 Special Defence)
Garchomp couldn’t perform his attack before Salamence because he is slower. Also, I’m not sure that Dig would work inside a building.

Arena Notes
Garchomp- (Rolled 25/40, nothing)
Mamoswine- (Rolled 7/40, attacked; hit three times; rolled 2/4, clone destroyed, rolled 3/3, clone destroyed, rolled 2/2, clone destroyed)
No further rolls were made

Team Notes
Velocity
6 pokémon remaining
White Knight
6 pokémon remaining

Yes, Knight, I did know that.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by KantoBreeder View Post
I've invented a unit of time...
I'm not sure but I think this pleases me.

Closed Thread