Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Saraibre Ryu vs. Mizuki Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KantoBreeder View Post
Sorry if I'm missing something here, but surely an attack can't be redirected once it's hit. Mirror Coat requires the pokemon to be hit by the attack, but Shayda's move description implies that it deflects the attack before it hits, like Protect, which does require the pokemon to move first.
She can't redirect an attack that hasn't been made though. She can't redirect flames that haven't been made essentially. Basically, in this scenario, Fire Blast is made, Backlash Redirect uses psychic abilities to prevent damage by moving the attack in another direction. If there are no flames to move, then the attack is rendered useless. It does deflect damage before it hits, however deflecting something that hasn't been made yet doesn't make sense.

It's like deflecting a bullet that hasn't been shot yet. You can't deflect the bullet unless it's been shot first.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:12 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Yes, but a faster pokemon could wait until the attack had been formed and then deflect it, like in a conditional where it is told to wait. On the other hand, if a pokemon is slower than its opponent, it can't move until after it's been hit, so it doesn't have a chance to redirect the attack.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:45 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KantoBreeder View Post
Yes, but a faster pokemon could wait until the attack had been formed and then deflect it, like in a conditional where it is told to wait. On the other hand, if a pokemon is slower than its opponent, it can't move until after it's been hit, so it doesn't have a chance to redirect the attack.
Ignoring my previous example that was written badly very late in the evening...the move, anime wise, would be similar to using Psychic to take control of the flames and move them away to avoid damage before the Pokemon is actually hit. Only the actual sig move itself has more effects which is why I directed that rather than saying "Use Psychic to ward the flames away". Anime wise, even if a Pokemon has a slower base speed, I don't see why it can only move after it's been hit. That would mean that a slower Pokemon wouldn't be able to dodge a faster Pokemon's first attack action when it was given as a first command, and would dodge the second action made by the faster Pokemon.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

I was asked to bring in a second opinion so here I am.

I agree that the move's description made it sound like the move waited until Shayda was hit; however, it seems to me like Shayda should've blocked the attack. When we take a closer look, ya see:
Quote:
Whenever an oncoming projectile attack is aimed at her,
Yep. Oncoming, meaning she uses the move in the space between the time the attack is used and the time it hits.

My four haypennies for ya.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 02-04-2012, 10:01 AM
KantoBreeder Offline

Okay, the last round has been edited accordingly. It's Saraibre Ryu's turn to post now.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

If Blissey attempts to use any special attacks, use Agility to dodge them and get in close. If Blissey doesn't use any special attacks, use Twinneedle. If she protects though, then use Hone Claws. If Agility worked, cling to her back and follow up with Leech Life. If Agility didn't work out, use Electroweb instead. IF a Substitute is up, use Pin Missle.

Agility/Twinneedle/Hone Claws ~ Leech Life/Electroweb/Pin Missle
Old 02-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Prepare to use Fire Blast again, Blissey. When Ariados starts using Agility and gets close to you, try your best to get Fire Blast landed on her. After that, use Chill.

Fire Blast ~ Chill.

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School
Old 03-26-2012, 08:00 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Four

Mizuki Emi

Blissey (F)

HP: 96%
Energy: 50%
Condition: A little scared; +1 Evasion; Unable to Chill (6 actions)
Moves: Fire Blast ~ Chill

Saraibre Ryu

[Shayda] Ariados (F)

HP: 62%
Energy: 68%
Condition: Feeling absolutely rotten
Moves: Agility/Twineedle/Hone Claws ~ Leech Life/Electorweb/Pin Missile

With the new round of the battle, Shayda had a new plan to get herself ahead. However, before she could put it into action, she had to make sure that her opponent’s plans fitted with her own. Sure enough, she had managed to guess her opponent’s moves ahead of time: Blissey began almost immediately to prepare a star of fire to throw at the ninja spider. As soon as the first traces of fire began to appear around the nurse pokémon though, Ariados started to move, hoping that a sudden burst of speed would allow her to dodge the upcoming attack.

Blissey could see that she was building up speed, but knew that she still had a slight advantage over her. She threw out the star, and it shot through the air like a rocket. Ariados moved as quickly as she could to get around the attack so that she could strike at her target, but she wasn’t fast enough. Flames seared across her left side, marking her skin but not leaving any lasting damage. The pain made her gasp, she was badly hurt now. However, she didn’t let that stop her high-velocity charge, and before Blissey knew it, the spider was on her back, ready to finish her strategy.

Shayda’s teeth began to glow with a vicious-looking green energy, and she bit down on the back of Blissey’s neck. The nurse squirmed, the spider’s jaws were like a vice clamping down on her, but they weren’t able to do very much damage. Still, Shayda was able to heal herself a little using the energy she drained from her prey, which could help her a little in the future.

Blissey shook the spider off and glared her down. There wasn’t a great deal of pain, but it was enough to make her uncomfortable. Rather than try to strike out again and get her own back though, she decided to try and regain a little energy. Unfortunately, she couldn’t find a way to calm herself down and rest. No matter how hard she tried, none of the energy seemed to be coming back. In the end, she gave up and contented herself by glaring at Ariados, trying to figure out what exactly had gone wrong.

Mizuki Emi

Blissey (F)

HP: 95%
Energy: 32%
Condition: A little annoyed; +1 Evasion; Unable to Chill (4 actions)

Saraibre Ryu

[Shayda] Ariados (F)

HP: 42%
Energy: 64%
Condition: A bit sore

Notes
Fire Blast- (Rolled 43/100, 43 or less to hit; rolled 5/10, 1 to burn; Blissey -18% Energy; Ariados -21% HP)
Agility- (Ariados -4% Energy, +2 Speed, +3 Evasion (temporarily); moved in close to Blissey, Blissey -1 Evasion (temporarily))
Leech Life- (Blissey -1% HP; Ariados +1 HP)
Chill- (Fails due to Disable)

Arena Notes
None

Last edited by KantoBreeder; 03-28-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Blissey, use Fire Blast. If Ariados tries to avoid it, keep chasing her until you land the move. If Ariados uses Protect, increase the power of Fire Blast to break the protection. After that, use Fire Blast once again.

Fire Blast ~ Fire Blast.

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School

Last edited by Arch Enemy; 03-27-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:46 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

You might wanna edit the bolded moves there...and Blissey can't chill because of Disable, not Encore...

Shayda this is becoming the same old song and dance. I want you to focus on those flames and disperse them to cover yourself with Psychic.

Psychic [Cover Self] ~ Psychic [Cover Self]
Old 04-20-2012, 07:53 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Six

Mizuki Emi

Blissey (F)

Energy: 32%
Condition: A little scared; +1 Evasion; Unable to Chill (4 actions)
Moves: Fire Blast ~ Fire Blast

Saraibre Ryu

[Shayda] Ariados (F)

HP: 42%
Energy: 64%
Condition: A bit sore
Moves: Psychic ~ Psychic

Blissey knew that she had to take any attempt to damage her seriously, even if it seemed to make no difference at all. She blasted a star of fire across the battlefield, scorching the grass beneath her. The flames moved in towards Shayda, threatening to engulf her and hurt her badly.

The spider had other ideas though; she closed her eyes and reached out with her mind, breaking up the star. The fire was scattered through the air, dissipating into nothing. However, Shayda’s mental prowess, although formidable, was not enough to completely block the oncoming attack. A small proportion of the fire had survived her ethereal touch and wrapped itself around the Ariados’ head. She screamed in pain as it burned her skin, but there was no lasting damage when the flames died.

Trying not to let her annoyance show, Blissey began to produce another blast of heat. Unfortunately, the adrenaline pumping through her body had stopped her from noticing how fatigued she was. A dribble of fire escaped from her mouth and she sank to her knees – her muscles finally too exhausted to go on. Shayda flicked away the fire, but her opponent was already unconscious. The spider blinked and looked at the unmoving pink lump; she had won. The two trainers shook hands and recalled their pokémon. The battle was over now and it was time to leave the field to recover its burnt grass in peace.

Mizuki Emi

Blissey (F)

Energy: 0%
Condition: Fainted

Saraibre Ryu

[Shayda] Ariados (F)

HP: 40%
Energy: 52%
Condition: Can’t believe her eyes

Notes
Fire Blast- (Rolled 73/100, 85 or less to hit; rolled 9/10, 1 to burn; Blissey -18% Energy; Ariados -2% Energy)
Psychic- (Ariados -12% Energy)
Fire Blast- (Fails due to lack of energy; Blissey -14% Energy)

Arena Notes
None

Winnings
Saraibre Ryu gains $15
Mizuki Emi gains $5
Velocity gains $10
KantoBreeder gains $20