Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 11-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion
Angry Really Blizzard?

Quote:
Greetings,

Account Name: WoW1
Realm: Ghostlands
Character Name: Šestruction

A user of the above account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for the World of Warcraft by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment. This decision was made after a thorough investigation of the situation as a whole.

When a harassment report is made, all players involved in the incident are subject to review, which may result in account penalties. Though we are unable to discuss the outcomes of our investigations due to privacy concerns, rest assured that this incident has been looked into very thoroughly, and the appropriate actions have been taken on all involved accounts.

Any disputes or questions concerning the following account action can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/cs .

Account Action: 48 Hour Suspension

Offense: Inappropriate
This category includes both clear and masked language which:

* Is a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
* Is otherwise considered objectionable

Details (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):
2011-11-27 14:37:44 Šestruction: The only report I have is that your mommas bewbs are too baggy.
2011-11-27 14:37:04 Šestruction: Your welcome, I'll be playing your mom again from 8-11 tonight too. :)

For further information, please view the World of Warcraft Policies and Terms of Use Agreement: (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20309) and (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/termsofuse.shtml). Please be aware that additional inappropriate actions may result in further disciplinary action, up to or including Account Closure.

We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to fully enjoy their travels in the World of Warcraft. Thank you in advance for respecting our position.

Game Master Yrinbrag
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
Oh, So I get suspended for 2 days but a BOTTER GETS SUSPENDED FOR 3 HOURS!? srsly Blizzard, I am about to quit.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Really Blizzard?

Why not? The game's crack cocaine in the form of video game anyway.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

xD Everyone is addicted to something.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

I love the game, But they're driving me crazy. $15 a month for less than what I am paying for.. a "MONTH" worth of gametime not "3 WEEKS"!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

Well, not to be rude, but...

Couldn't you have just umm, not said that? I mean, think about stuff before you do it.

It might be because the botter didn't insult your mother, I dunno. But it seems like you're just making up excuses.

2011-11-27 14:37:44 Šestruction: The only report I have is that your mommas bewbs are too baggy.
2011-11-27 14:37:04 Šestruction: Your welcome, I'll be playing your mom again from 8-11 tonight too. :)

If you look here, you seem like the bad guy. And in this case, I'm pretty sure you are. All your shameless ranting has made you seem like a worse person, you're just digging a hole here. If you're so angry over a game or fifteen dollars, then don't pay it. The only reason you're in this situation is your own inability to think before you type.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 11-29-2011, 02:43 PM

I disagree. It is a video game run by Blizzard. Blizzard is known for Jagex-quality reporting and customer service. I don't think he is the bad guy, I think the the person he was arguing with manipulated the system, which I have done plenty of times on Starcraft II.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
I disagree. It is a video game run by Blizzard. Blizzard is known for Jagex-quality reporting and customer service. I don't think he is the bad guy, I think the the person he was arguing with manipulated the system, which I have done plenty of times on Starcraft II.
The point is that he handled it extremely poorly. He should have ignored the botter, reported him and gone about his day grindan forevah like a good like WoWslave.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:10 PM

I am not saying he handled it well, however I think it is ridiculous that the punishment is stronger for him than it is for the botter.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

I agree with max. There was no need to say that whatsoever. I go on the internet to play an entertaining game, watch a funny video, or listen to a beautiful song. I don't want to hear any of that garbage.

Lucario@312
Hatch: 327
Lucario: 432
Level100: 612
Old 11-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

I was arguing with my past Hacker, And I got the worst end of it all. Blizzard needs to pay more attention and not use macros. And make something ******* happen.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Dragon View Post
I agree with max. There was no need to say that whatsoever. I go on the internet to play an entertaining game, watch a funny video, or listen to a beautiful song. I don't want to hear any of that garbage.
First of all, a botter is not there to enjoy the game. They are there to exploit the game and sell it later for real money.

Second of all, you have to look at which is more damaging. A hacker or potty language.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

Yeah, then why don't you report the guy and not swear at him? You can't punch someone out of revenge irl, because you either have no concrete proof, and nobody will listen if you tell them after anyway. The point is, you ruined your chance. When you see someone like a hacker, don't retalliate, just report him/her, you'll actually get your revenge. The way you did it, Blizzard isn't going to listen to you because you've been banned, and he/she gets away. It's like dealing with a troll. Voices, it's not that I don't care because he was disrespectful, it's that his problem is in the past and there's nothing he can do about it. Also, Blizzard dosen't know that this person is a hacker, and therefore they won't ban them. The only reason they did was probably for also rude and offensive humor, but not as much.

Just report. And don't get trolled.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 11-30-2011, 06:03 PM

Never did I state should not have been punished for said language. I am saying, however, that the punishment did not fit the crime.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Never did I state should not have been punished for said language. I am saying, however, that the punishment did not fit the crime.
You may disagree with the punishment, Voices, but it's the standard punishment for first time offense, and frankly, I do agree with it. It's essentially a dollar fine (2 days at 50 cents per day) for creating a negative gameplay environment for others around him rather than doing the appropriate thing and reporting. I think that's more than fair.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:57 PM

Because we all know that this language definitely made the botted player feel uber bad.