Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Quaza529 Offline

Default Genesect shut down tips

I have been thinking of a good story and I need some tips to help here is the main plot

After the shut down of project P2 by king of team plasma's N. Scientist Dudley wouldn't take no for an answer he added some "special" effects to this half bug cyborg.
Normally there was only supposed to be 4 drives for the extra enhancement of Genesect but an extra was made and was put into the unstable cabinet.
One day the mad scientist decided to pull it out thinking he'll show team plasma that science is useful for the separation of people and Pokemon.

So he pulled out the Chaotic drive a drive that was made by the formation of the other drives It was supposed to make the beam cannon more stronger.

But that was only one of the things it did it made him unstoppable and can cause more destruction than Reshiram or Zekrom. After he inserted the Chaotic disc theres no stopping what happens next. The destruction of the Unova region now its time for a Scraggy named Ten from a Scrafty tribe and a released Munchlax from a trainer who thought team plasma was right to save Unova or cause a deadly move that destroys the region.Now they must find the two legendary dragons of the Unova region, Zekrom and Reshiram to help defeat this great beast what will happen on this ultimate adventure.

EDIT

Like a Baws

Last edited by Quaza529; 01-25-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Genesect shut down tips

I think you got an interesting premise here with the Chaotic Drive (maybe you could just call it the Chaos Drive?), and it'd be interesting to read a story on Genesect. Though I think there's several things you could expand upon. First being motivation. What are the reasons for Ten and his friend to take on this adventure? Second, plausibility. I like reading stories about the underdogs overcoming great obstacles, but you need to make it believable. What can two very small and insignificant-seeming Pokemon do against such a strong and powerful Pokemon? (Scraggy are so adorable, btw :>)

I keep throwing this out to folks who are brainstorming, but I think it's a very useful resource: Create A Plot Outline in 8 Easy Steps. This should help you formulate ideas for your story, as well as give it some structure. That website also has plenty of other helpful guides on writing stories, such as character development and so on. Take a look around, if you have the time :D

Last edited by Charmander009; 01-23-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Quaza529 Offline

maybe they can get some friends to help them take on this great legendary beast maybe zekrom and reshiram and I'll take a look at that thanks
oh when the fanfic comes out I'll explain how and why they want to help and how they met I will edit the main story every time I get tips when the story's good enough I'll open it

Like a Baws

Last edited by Quaza529; 01-23-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Well, maybe they could, or maybe they couldn't--the idea could work if implemented believably, ya know? ^^ It'd be nice to see the character development in the protagonists, gradually growing stronger or perhaps wiser as they search for a way to counter Genesect's fury.

Hmm... It might also be a good idea for you to brush up on your grammar and punctuation skills, if your above summary reflects your actual writing in your story. There's a few run-ons there, as well as fragments that don't really flow together well.

Ex.

Quote:
The destruction of the Unova region now its time for a Scraggy named Ten from a Scrafty tribe and a released Munchlax from a trainer who thought team plasma was right to save Unova or cause a deadly move that destroys it.Now they must search for Zekrom and Reshiram to help defeat this great beast what will happen on this ultimate adventure.
The bolded part here doesn't really flow into the sentence there; it seems like you changed your mind half-way through the sentence and decided to go on to something else.

The italicized part doesn't make sense to me either--it sounds like you're suggesting that the Scraggy and the Munchlax are going to unleash this dangerous move. Also, who's this 'it'? :o I think you just need to go back through and make sure that all your sentences make sense--make sure that they have both a subject and a verb, and it'll be good. ^^

Old 01-25-2012, 03:15 AM
Quaza529 Offline

thank you very much for your input charmander you have been very helpful on helping me improve
this story and no my writing here won't effect the story this is just the outline on what will happen
thank you so much I'll open by tomorrow

Like a Baws
Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 AM
TheDarkEevee Offline

Ohider Char. ^^ Long time no see. *waves*

ANYWAY, back on topic. First, it would help us greatly if we could know WHAT exactly you would like tips on. Throwing out the word doesn't give us much to go on. But I would agree with Charmander, grammar and punctuation could use a little work. Try getting a proofreader to read your work before you post, it helps greatly.

Second, and this is just personal: Make the story different. But in the right way, if that makes any sense. Far, FAR too many people have something they think is an amazing, unorthodox idea, but they do it in such a way it seems like a rehash of a different story. There are a lot of fanfics out there about one or more Pokemon going against an enemy, conquering challenges along the way, blah, blah, blah.

Put a little spice in the dish that is your story.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Quaza529 Offline

ok thanks

Like a Baws
Old 02-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkEevee View Post
Ohider Char. ^^ Long time no see. *waves*

ANYWAY, back on topic. First, it would help us greatly if we could know WHAT exactly you would like tips on. Throwing out the word doesn't give us much to go on. But I would agree with Charmander, grammar and punctuation could use a little work. Try getting a proofreader to read your work before you post, it helps greatly.

Second, and this is just personal: Make the story different. But in the right way, if that makes any sense. Far, FAR too many people have something they think is an amazing, unorthodox idea, but they do it in such a way it seems like a rehash of a different story. There are a lot of fanfics out there about one or more Pokemon going against an enemy, conquering challenges along the way, blah, blah, blah.

Put a little spice in the dish that is your story.
That is what just about every adventure is. Very rarely is it any different. There are, I believe, 4 different archetypes? They all include that general idea of an overall enemy and several feats to accomplish along the way. It all has to do with the organization and placement of each feat.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:25 AM
TheDarkEevee Offline

^

I don't think I said what I was trying to say very well... if that makes any sense at all. XD I'm not asking him to write something about Pokemon on the moon, just advising him to not make his run-of-the-mill.

There's a difference between writing a story based off an archetype and a story that is a rehash of what everyone else has already done.

Last edited by TheDarkEevee; 02-29-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Oh, okay. Didn't know that was what you meant. xD